Protein in Intra aid

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a look at the ingredient in Intra aid and I'm a bit confused. Is it 8g of protein plus 10 g of a mixture of EAA, taurine and BA or is it 8g of prot including the EAA?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
8g of Protein including the EAA's. Proof is if you add up the 10g Carbs + 8g Pro = 18x4cal/gram = 72 Calories and shown on the label.
The 10g Mixture contains 2g of Beta-Alanine and Taurine, not counted as protein.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes This was why I was confused. Because reading the write up and in the Q&A it looks like there is 8g of protein in addition to the EEA which doesn't match the calories listed on the bottle. Unless they don't count the EAA as being caloric :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
hmm.... Im not sure but subbed in here for the answer.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure there is 8g Protein plus the 10g EAA mix. EAA contributes less cals than a complete protein, so they may not be included in the nutritional facts
I'm always learning :) Perhaps it would help me with my Biochemistry and advanced human nutrition exams I'm *supposed* to be studying for lol.

The thing that doesn't add up is how they could hydrolyze the whey peptides into just the EAA's, which I originally was pondering. Resolve might be on to something, but the label isn't clear. Perhaps the US don't make you count EAA's toward caloric totals?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I believe the 8g is just the whey hydro. The EAA are separate, but some companies do note them as protein in the nutritional facts.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would be good if one of the Universal Reps could shed some light on this.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Would be good if one of the Universal Reps could shed some light on this.
I am not 100% sure on this one bro so I'm going to get a senior rep to hop in here. I am willing to bet tall dollars though that the EAA's are not counted to the total caloric count because they are free form? Therefore they are not digested and processed like a protein gets broken down. They are just absorbed if I am correct in my thinking?

I'll see to it we get you some answers on this.

Hg

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
It is 8 grams hydro whey PLUS 10 grams free form amino's. In accordance with the FDA you don't list FFAA's as calories/protein.