ProSynthesis-17 w/ Carbs?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ProSynthesis-17 w/ Carbs

Is anyone interested in a version of ProSynthesis-17 that contains some carbs, such as HBCDs?

By necessity, it would cost a little more, BUT...I will not charge one extra cent for the carbs themselves. Whatever I end up paying for them, you would pay.

Any interest?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much would you put in a single serving?

bignastyisbac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Id purchase the carb free version. I don't think I'd snag one if it had carbs though

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm interested, but I get what your saying, sounds like a fairly expensive production cost.
It would be a great deal for the money, but still expensive, none the less.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ProSynthesis-17 w/ Carbs

Is anyone interested in a version of ProSynthesis-17 that contains some carbs, such as HBCDs?

By necessity, it would cost a little more, BUT...I will not charge one extra cent for the carbs themselves. Whatever I end up paying for them, you would pay.

Any interest?
This got me thinking about the business side. I would fully expect, understand and accept some sort of mark-up on the HBCD. To provide a version of PS-17 with the HBCD addition at cost is a very consumer-centric consideration. Thank you. Would you consider a pass along option of HBCD at cost with the purchase of each unit of PS-17? This way, users could add it to their drink when needed. Would the packaging cost of bulk HBCD outweigh the cost of two different productions and labels? Is the thought that having one version with and one version without will incentivize people to buy two units instead of one?

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds interesting but depends on price. My plan is just to add a few scoops of dextrose to it

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not sure yet. It depends on cost.
Ok appreciate the response. You could chalk me up as one who would probably just buy it with carbs. I wouldn't even really be looking for it to be a "discount" with the carbs, but as long as price is comparable to buying your product + a tub of cyclic dextrin I usually opt for the combined as I get lazy sometimes and mixing tons of things is a pain.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Carb-Free as people can always add them in and the chance that you will have the amount everyone out there will want is slim. So for many users who really push intra-carbs and slin will likely need more anyways and if you do put 50+ you will get guys who will want less and not buy or half scoop and defeat the whole point of the product.

I can't speak for other places but in my area almost no one buys the all-in-one intras.

For me personally I think HBCD is one of the most overrated ingredients I have ever used, FOR ME PERSONALLY. Once I was acclimated to 100g+ intra I started changing the carbs to cheaper options, dextrose 25% / malto 50% / waxy 25% and found for me zero difference. Heck at one point I went with the pre-sugar added coolaid powder and malto, zero issues. Like I said I did use HBCD and True Nutrition Karboload when acclimating to large intras but after that I ditched the pricey options. n=1 of course.

P.S. If it would not even benefit you profit wise and increase you production costs from a business perspective I would just sink it all in the carb-free and save the capital for extra flavors.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would only buy a carb free version. But if that’s the still the plan for launch I’m definitely grabbing a few tubs instead of triple-scooping Xtend

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ProSynthesis-17 w/ Carbs

Any interest?
Dribose and maybe even Vitargo plus lbabia

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also thought about key tones did you ever think about using key tones as a carbohydrate alternative

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would only buy a carb free version. But if that’s the still the plan for launch I’m definitely grabbing a few tubs instead of triple-scooping Xtend
Great! But keep in mind that even if you triple-scooped Extend, it still wouldn't compare...because the amino acid ratio would be really bad with 3 servings combined. You see, most EAA product put optimal doses of leucine (or close to it) in a single serving, along with too much of the other two BCAAs relative to the other EAAs. So, when you double or triple up the dose, you end up with way to much leucine (most of which is completely wasted), along with an overall amino acid ratio which is way off. Basically, the more servings you combine, the worse the ratio gets and the more aminos you waste.

With PS-17, the ratio has been tailored for maximum efficiency (the proper ratio for muscle growth in humans), so that your body can actually use all the aminos for growth. The only amino acid which has been dosed a bit higher than what is required for efficiency, is leucine. You see, the body requires leucine and lysine in roughly the same ratio. In a 25 gram gram serving of EAAs, this would normally be about 4 grams each. However, we know that leucine is the primary signaling amino (i.e.. stimulates protein synthesis) and that the body requires about 5 grams to maximize this signal. However, this is only true when no other EAAs are present. When other EAAs are added to the mix, leucine absorption is somewhat impaired, thereby requiring us to take a bit more in order to compensate for this. This is why you will see 6.5 grams of leucine in PS-17, rather than 5grams.

Aside from leucine, every other EAA is dosed for maximum efficiency. By doing this, you are able to maximize the protein synthesis signal...and provide the body with a ton of building blocks (the other 8 EAAs), all of which can be used for growth. Science also shows that 25 grams of EAAs provides more robust anabolic and anticatabolic response than lower doses EAAs, so you really get the best of both worlds--more growth, more quickly.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great! But keep in mind that even if you triple-scooped Extend, it still wouldn't compare...because the amino acid ratio would be really bad with 3 servings combined.
So then, that’s fairly good news in the sense that PS17 should be a notable improvement

You recommended pre or intra workout usage rather than post workout if I remembered right? I also train fasted FWIW so this would be the first intake of the day besides the morning caffeine

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely buy it with HBCD, because that’s what I have used intra for several years with my EAAs, but if you can’t go this route I’ll still get the carb-free product when it’s ready.

So yes I’d prefer the HBCD version, but only make that if the dollars make cents (sense)

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely buy it with HBCD, because that’s what I have used intra for several years with my EAAs, but if you can’t go this route I’ll still get the carb-free product when it’s ready.

So yes I’d prefer the HBCD version, but only make that if the dollars make cents (sense)
Same!

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So then, that’s fairly good news in the sense that PS17 should be a notable improvement

You recommended pre or intra workout usage rather than post workout if I remembered right? I also train fasted FWIW so this would be the first intake of the day besides the morning caffeine
Yeah, pre or intra is better than post, according to the research.