booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I mean if one Pokémon stays in a gym for a week, will I get 50 coins per day while he's still in the gym, or will I only get coins once he's kicked out, which would only be 50 coins max?
I just got a bunch back from yesterday and I had already maxed out at 100 coins for the day. Unless more come tomorrow, you only get them the day the mon comes back so even if it's been there a week, and you get 5 mons all back you'll still only get 100 total. Basically forces you to gym every day which is annoying

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got a bunch back from yesterday and I had already maxed out at 100 coins for the day. Unless more come tomorrow, you only get them the day the mon comes back so even if it's been there a week, and you get 5 mons all back you'll still only get 100 total. Basically forces you to gym every day which is annoying
Yeah, I think I maxed out for the day too. I heard on Reddit that one of the users who works for Niantic is going to bring up the option of being able to manually remove Pokémon from gyms so you can collect coins, and it could also help free up gym slots for other people. Of course, the really obvious solution would be to give coins at the end of the day for any Pokémon in gyms, up to the daily max, but I don't know if the company wants that, as keeping one Pokémon in one remote gym will always max you out without ever having to participate in gyms again.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just did 3 raids today. One with yesterday's free pass I didn't use, then one with today's, and one paid pass.

The first raid was a tier-1 Magikarp, which went down in only a few seconds with 3 people attacking it:
IMG_3320.jpg
The second was a tier-2 Electabuzz, which I faced solo, and beat it easily with 2 Golems and some time to spare:
IMG_3334.jpg
The last one was a tier-3 Arcanine, who it took me two Golems and a Vaporeon to beat with the help of a level 28 and level 40 players:
IMG_3339.jpg
I caught all 3, and between them I got a few "normal" items, as well as a charge TM and I think 6 golden razzberries (from Arcanine) and 3 rare candy (from Electabuzz).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I did a tier 4 raid yesterday against a 35k ttar. Group of 6 took it down but only 1 caught it 2050ish after. Haven't done one yet today

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did a tier 4 raid yesterday against a 35k ttar. Group of 6 took it down but only 1 caught it 2050ish after. Haven't done one yet today
You didn't catch him? Did you have any golden raz berries to use? I still don't have a TTar. There's another level 3 raid close to my house in a little under an hour. I may come back and see what it is and if it's worth spending some coins on a pass for. These raids are making me not want to evolve mon that are obtainable in raids; the OG starters, Arcanine, Machamp, Gengar, Alakazam, TTar, etc. Better to save 50-125 candy, especially if you already have the mon for the Pokedex.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You didn't catch him? Did you have any golden raz berries to use? I still don't have a TTar. There's another level 3 raid close to my house in a little under an hour. I may come back and see what it is and if it's worth spending some coins on a pass for. These raids are making me not want to evolve mon that are obtainable in raids; the OG starters, Arcanine, Machamp, Gengar, Alakazam, TTar, etc. Better to save 50-125 candy, especially if you already have the mon for the Pokedex.
Had 12 golden razz but he either popped out or attacked (almost constantly) until I ran out of balls, then ran. It was insanely frustrating to say the least ha.

Yeah there's almost no reason to need much dust or even candy Anymore since gyms don't matter for cp and over 3k is actually a severe disadvantage due to the speed of demotivation. I've just been throwing all my disposable mons in and letting them die there ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had 12 golden razz but he either popped out or attacked (almost constantly) until I ran out of balls, then ran. It was insanely frustrating to say the least ha.

Yeah there's almost no reason to need much dust or even candy Anymore since gyms don't matter for cp and over 3k is actually a severe disadvantage due to the speed of demotivation. I've just been throwing all my disposable mons in and letting them die there ha
I'd just power up some mon that would be useful against raid bosses, particularly tier-4 ones, and maybe tier-3 ones if you don't plan on having 4+ people, as the consensus seems to be soloing a T-3 raid boss is VERY difficult, so having 2-3 people and strong mon would help. I'd also start planning on strong counters for legendaries, like Golem for the three birds, and TTar and maybe Scizor and Houndoom for Mew(two). The rare candy and TMs are a cool new dynamic, but I think I'll save the candy for now haha.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried soloing a tier 3 (Alakazam), and couldn't beat it. It seems like soloing a 3 would be a Herculean task, especially since I don't think any of them have a double weakness to exploit.

This was about the closest I got:
IMG_3385.jpg
with this team:
IMG_3383.jpg
Perhaps if they were ALL maxed out it'd be possible, and having a TTar or three with dark moves would have really helped, as Dragonite was a bit underwhelming, due to not having SE moves. Still, it'd be very hard to solo a tier 3.

It should be easy enough with two people though.

Edenexodus

Awards
I live in a small area and while I'm not high enough level to do the raids I was pleased to see that my local park had two raids going in gyms.

I like the new motivation system because I thought the prestige system took an enormous amount of time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
IMG_1759.jpg

This is my top tier double type moved crew

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 150533

This is my top tier double type moved crew
That's a pretty nice list. Blissey probably won't be that useful in raids due to the emphasis on DPS. Especially when teaming up, the more damage you do the more balls you get.

It definitely seems like prioritizing types is vital for raids when you think it'll be an issue (mostly for level 3s with two people or 4s with less than 5-6 people).

These are some of my high CP mon with good moves and potential uses:
IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg
I don't really know if Snorlax is that useful during a raid due to lower DPS.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's a pretty nice list. Blissey probably won't be that useful in raids due to the emphasis on DPS. Especially when teaming up, the more damage you do the more balls you get.

It definitely seems like prioritizing types is vital for raids when you think it'll be an issue (mostly for level 3s with two people or 4s with less than 5-6 people).

These are some of my high CP mon with good moves and potential uses:
View attachment 150534
View attachment 150535
I don't really know if Snorlax is that useful during a raid due to lower DPS.
The low Dps def aren't great for raids but they're solid for taking gyms down cuz you can run through almost an entire gym with a high hp mon without having to heal it much. Especially if they're typed to take out 2-3 of the defenders.

Love the spoon man and mrs. popo names hahaha. So perfect.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The low Dps def aren't great for raids but they're solid for taking gyms down cuz you can run through almost an entire gym with a high hp mon without having to heal it much. Especially if they're typed to take out 2-3 of the defenders.

Love the spoon man and mrs. popo names hahaha. So perfect.
That's true, and if you have a max potion or revive, you can still heal it completely with one.

Thanks, I like nicknames, but sometimes I just go for naming movesets and using symbols to help order things. I think I can probably just give nicknames to any mon with the dual STAB moves though, which is what I did with those two, and the search function really is useful.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bleh daily coin limit is 50 now. Bunch of bs ($$$$)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bleh daily coin limit is 50 now. Bunch of bs ($$$$)
Yeah. I've seen a suggestion of 50 for defense and another 50 for attacking, like taking down gyms, which would also help increase turnover so you don't have a mon sitting in a gym for days not collecting anything.

Also, you really need to be able to see who else is at a raid before wasting your pass on it. I used my daily pass on a tier-4 Rhydon, but found out I was the only one that I was the only one there; you should be able to get your pass back if you don't actually fight.

It seems like a good team of 3 players may be able to take down Rhydon, as he has an easily exploitable double weakness. 4 should be fairly easy. Here's where I got solo:
IMG_3430.jpg
With this team:
IMG_3427.jpg
I do think with a team of maxed out (assuming you're level 30+ grass/water mons with ideal movesets), 3 people could do it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah. I've seen a suggestion of 50 for defense and another 50 for attacking, like taking down gyms, which would also help increase turnover so you don't have a mon sitting in a gym for days not collecting anything.

Also, you really need to be able to see who else is at a raid before wasting your pass on it. I used my daily pass on a tier-4 Rhydon, but found out I was the only one that I was the only one there; you should be able to get your pass back if you don't actually fight.

It seems like a good team of 3 players may be able to take down Rhydon, as he has an easily exploitable double weakness. 4 should be fairly easy. Here's where I got solo:
View attachment 150552
With this team:
View attachment 150553
I do think with a team of maxed out (assuming you're level 30+ grass/water mons with ideal movesets), 3 people could do it.
it depends on the moveset he has... I had a charizard today that took 5 of us to beat (I actually was the last to show up and the rest had lost 3 times already)... it had dragon claw and was firing it off like mad and taking their attackers out left and right (a bit of lag was killing an dodges). It really jsut depends... optimal situation, yeah prob 3-4max but any single issue for even 1 person could throw it off.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it depends on the moveset he has... I had a charizard today that took 5 of us to beat (I actually was the last to show up and the rest had lost 3 times already)... it had dragon claw and was firing it off like mad and taking their attackers out left and right (a bit of lag was killing an dodges). It really jsut depends... optimal situation, yeah prob 3-4max but any single issue for even 1 person could throw it off.
I have yet to actually have a tier-4 battle with teammates. The highest team battle was a T3 Arcanine that went down in no time with 3 attackers (levels 31, 40, 28). Did you all use rock attackers on Charizard? Golem with dual rock moves should make quick work of Charizard due to his dual weakness. Also, it looks like you can rejoin a raid if you still have time left after your team all faints, you just have to rejoin, and maybe re pick your mon, since the silly AI likes to pick Chancey to do raids for some reason, so I'd go for max DPS, dodge only when it's easy and doesn't waste time, and just rejoin if you can. I'll have to see how that theory holds up in practice though, but it should allow you to maximize DPS to beat some harder defenders. I'm thinking that 5 for a T4 would be a safe bet, as would 3 for a T3, with 4 being a little harder for a 4 (3 being quite difficult), and 2 being doable for a T3, and soloing it being quite difficult without a optimal maxed-out team. I'd think Charizard, Rhydon, and even TTar (assuming everyone has a solid fighting team) should go down faster than Snorlax or Lapras due to dual-weaknesses. Imagine a Raid Blissey!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have yet to actually have a tier-4 battle with teammates. The highest team battle was a T3 Arcanine that went down in no time with 3 attackers (levels 31, 40, 28). Did you all use rock attackers on Charizard? Golem with dual rock moves should make quick work of Charizard due to his dual weakness. Also, it looks like you can rejoin a raid if you still have time left after your team all faints, you just have to rejoin, and maybe re pick your mon, since the silly AI likes to pick Chancey to do raids for some reason, so I'd go for max DPS, dodge only when it's easy and doesn't waste time, and just rejoin if you can. I'll have to see how that theory holds up in practice though, but it should allow you to maximize DPS to beat some harder defenders. I'm thinking that 5 for a T4 would be a safe bet, as would 3 for a T3, with 4 being a little harder for a 4 (3 being quite difficult), and 2 being doable for a T3, and soloing it being quite difficult without a optimal maxed-out team. I'd think Charizard, Rhydon, and even TTar (assuming everyone has a solid fighting team) should go down faster than Snorlax or Lapras due to dual-weaknesses. Imagine a Raid Blissey!
we went mostly with vaporeon due to high hp and resistance to fire. we had probably 45-50s left too and plenty of mons to keep going.

I actaully tried out the blissey attacker against a machamp solo tonight and honestly it worked pretty well, just didnt have enough time to finish by myself. The insane HP allowed me to take quite a few shots even with the type disadvantage.

I heard some stories about lax and lapras being miserable... lapras less so. Fortunately blissey isnt a potetnial boss (yet ha)... I said the same thing to our group that battles together and chats just last night ha.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we went mostly with vaporeon due to high hp and resistance to fire. we had probably 45-50s left too and plenty of mons to keep going.

I actaully tried out the blissey attacker against a machamp solo tonight and honestly it worked pretty well, just didnt have enough time to finish by myself. The insane HP allowed me to take quite a few shots even with the type disadvantage.

I heard some stories about lax and lapras being miserable... lapras less so. Fortunately blissey isnt a potetnial boss (yet ha)... I said the same thing to our group that battles together and chats just last night ha.
Attack on Blissey:
IMG_3459.jpg
Nice. I'm more talking when time may be an issue (2 people for T3 or 3-4 for T4; any more people and any SE should be fine).

I'm trying to put together optimal teams for some T4 bosses:

TTar (and probably Lapras/Snorlax):
IMG_3452.jpg
Charizard (need some TMs):
IMG_3454.jpg
Blastoise (plus likely more Jolteon/Exeggutor):
IMG_3455.jpg
Venusaur (plus probably more Flareon/Arcanine/Espeon):
IMG_3457.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So... Assume I'm a million pages behind here and just re-downloaded Pokemon Go

Jana got back into it and I'm around her for almost all of my free time so inevitably now I have it again

I hadn't played since the original 150. At least my old level/CP seems playable I tackled my first raid and took it out. "Just" a 12k Wheezing but I was alone and rusty, main hitters were a Snorlax and Rhydon

These raid alerts are almost annoying, my house is within range of 3 Gyms and every time I open the app it seems like at least 2 are alerting me

More than 1 raid a day seems pricey, pushing users to purchase in-game currency. Smart addition by them

Any tips of what to try finding/evolving of the new additions?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So... Assume I'm a million pages behind here and just re-downloaded Pokemon Go

Jana got back into it and I'm around her for almost all of my free time so inevitably now I have it again

I hadn't played since the original 150. At least my old level/CP seems playable I tackled my first raid and took it out. "Just" a 12k Wheezing but I was alone and rusty, main hitters were a Snorlax and Rhydon

These raid alerts are almost annoying, my house is within range of 3 Gyms and every time I open the app it seems like at least 2 are alerting me

More than 1 raid a day seems pricey, pushing users to purchase in-game currency. Smart addition by them

Any tips of what to try finding/evolving of the new additions?
There have been new moves added for most Pokemon with the Gen 2 update, even the Gen 1 mon:

-Machamp is now VERY useful with dual fighting moves, as he counters Blissey (who is a defensive monster), Snorlax, Tyranitar (who is also worth getting, as he has higher CP than Dragonite, and has dark type and moves, making him useful for Mewtwo in the future), and even Lapras to an extent. Poliwrath with dual fighting moves is also quite useful, especially against Tyranitar and Lapras. Heracross is a regional exclusive for basically the middle of Florida and down or so, and is a bug/fighting type that's pretty much on a similar level as Machamp. Ursaring is a normal type, but has access to fighting moves, which makes him a good alternative to take on Snorlax/Blissey; he doesn't get STAB on fighting moves, but he doesn't take extra damage from Snorlax/Blissey's psychic moves since he's not a fighting type, so a bit less damage, but a bit more durability. Espeon (psychic Eevee evolution) is a great psychic mon, I think similar to Alakazam, but maybe a bit less fragile? Houndoom is a dark/fire type that can be a useful counter to psychic types. Scizor (Scyther evolution) is probably the best Exeggutor counter, and also a very good counter to psychic mon. Kingdra (Seadra evolution) has dual resistance to water and fire, making him useful; with dual water moves, he should be a great counter to fire mon. Ampharos is an electric type that has a high CP; I think he's tankier than Jolteon, which is nice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh I know all the Pokemon from Gold/Silver, did not know all the rest thanks for all that detail sir

Evolved 2 Eevees but no luck on a new evolution. Mewtwo is coming as a wild appearance in the future? Or a special event of some kind?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I know all the Pokemon from Gold/Silver, did not know all the rest thanks for all that detail sir

Evolved 2 Eevees but no luck on a new evolution. Mewtwo is coming as a wild appearance in the future? Or a special event of some kind?
There's a naming trick that works once each for Espeon and Umbreon, and then you can guarantee an evolution by walking at least 10km with an Eevee, and evolving it during the day (Espeon) or the night (Umbreon). I'd evolve it when it's still your buddy, but I don't know if it's a necessity.

Also, there's TMs that will "reroll" a quick or charge move, so don't get rid of a good mon with bad moves, since you can get a TM to change it, although they're only obtainable from raids, and aren't super common.

Mewtwo will probably be some sort of special event raid in the future, but it's likely the legendary birds are coming first, and Golem with dual rock moves will be a great counter for them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took down a Snorlax raid with 8 people in no time. Got some rare candy, a high IV Snorlax, and 2 Charge TMs which I used to change two Golems' earthquake to stone edge and rock blast.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a great raid session today. Used FB groups to get 17 people to take down a TTar in no time, plus another group of 11 after that, and probably another 10 or so after that. Also teamed up for a Gengar and Machamp nearby.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
$$$ on raid passes lol

I'm doing 1/day on Pokemon I don't have yet

What's your highest CP catch from a raid?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
$$$ on raid passes lol

I'm doing 1/day on Pokemon I don't have yet

What's your highest CP catch from a raid?
Haha, I had a free pass unused from yesterday, one for today, and enough coins from defending over the last few days to get the third. I have admittedly spent a few dollars on raid passes though, but yeah, I'd imagine they're making good money from people buying raid passes, but it is really AWESOME to see so many people, from all three teams, communicating, socializing, and even helping each other; that's what the game should be IMO.

My highest is the TTar (2035 CP) who had Iron Tail and Stone Edge (used a fast-TM to switch IT to Bite), then a Snorlax (1877 CP) with Zen Headbutt and Earthquake, Machamp (1627 CP) with Counter and Heavy Slam, Exeggutor (1613 CP) with Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb, Arcanine (1572) with Fire Fang and Crunch, Gengar (1469 CP) with Sucker Punch and Focus Blast. The others are lower CP, guys like Magmar, Electabuzz, Weezing, and Magikarp.

I'd aim for raids with bosses who are useful for other raid bosses and legendaries in the future. TTar, Machamp, Alakazam, Rhydon, and maybe Venusaur, Gengar, and Charizard.

TTar (with bite) should be very useful against Mewtwo/Mew, and also decent for the legendary birds with stone edge. Golem should be great for the birds with dual rock moves, but he's not a raid boss. Gengar (dual ghost moves) is an interesting option for Mewtwo/Mew, as he has very high attack and does SE damage, but takes SE damage from psychic; if you're going purely for DPS he's probably the best though. Scizor (bug) and Houndoom (dark) should also be useful against Mewtwo/Mew.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Honestly I've kinda lost interest as I feel like I have nothing really to strive for now that cp is actually a detriment. The raids are sorta pointless since I have the dex completed and holding gyms is pointless. I can take a gym in a few min and collect coins when they fall later that day ha. Plus with only 50 coins it's at least 3 days to even get an incubator so that's annoying. Pretty much just waiting for something special to come out to make it exciting for people like me that have a complete dex and a pretty solid crew of high cp mons

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I've kinda lost interest as I feel like I have nothing really to strive for now that cp is actually a detriment. The raids are sorta pointless since I have the dex completed and holding gyms is pointless. I can take a gym in a few min and collect coins when they fall later that day ha. Plus with only 50 coins it's at least 3 days to even get an incubator so that's annoying. Pretty much just waiting for something special to come out to make it exciting for people like me that have a complete dex and a pretty solid crew of high cp mons
Legendaries should be interesting, but I'm not sure how they'll be implemented, or if it'll be any challenge or not if 20 people just team up on them haha. It looks like the real "endgame" ATM if you can call it that, is either soloing Tier 3 raids or taking down Tier 4s with as few people as possible.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Legendaries should be interesting, but I'm not sure how they'll be implemented, or if it'll be any challenge or not if 20 people just team up on them haha. It looks like the real "endgame" ATM if you can call it that, is either soloing Tier 3 raids or taking down Tier 4s with as few people as possible.
I've solo'd two tier 3's (both that I tried). Tier 4's I've gotten close twice but timed out both times and didn't feel like trying forever. I was in some podunk nowhere town all this week so I tried out a few just to see.

And yeah, I'm sure the legendaries will be tougher but with a big enough group (which won't be a problem just due to rarity and popularity) it shouldn't be hard. Might just be ridiculously hard to catch them after

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1 year anniversary special... pikachu with another hat :/ what an epic disappointment.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 year anniversary special... pikachu with another hat :/ what an epic disappointment.
I think there'll be more to come later. I think this event is 3 weeks or so, so they could add things in later like shinys or even legendaries at/after the Pokémon Go Fest in Chicago later in the month. I can hope at least.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
First I saw this, I thought it was cool he has Ash's cap. Understand the disappointment if this is a repeat though.

I assume it disappears if evolved?

IMG_0180.jpg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got one with a Santa hat, and a birthday hat. Lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How long can a Pokemon defend a gym...? I want my heavy hitters back lol

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The longest I got to was 100 hrs

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Woah.
Guess I shouldn't be assigning my best to gyms...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woah.
Guess I shouldn't be assigning my best to gyms...
This. I don't put any mon in gyms that have a place on any Tier 3-4 Raid teams, or legendary raids in the future. I like putting cool/interesting mon in gyms and/or mons with unusual movesets that hit counters hard. Themed gyms are also cool to build; Eeveelutions, fossil mons, etc.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm down my best 2 fire types and my 2600 Snorlax

Rookie...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh and I took some of your advice and went for a Golem first in preparation for the Leg. Birds

Thinking I should swap his second attack though, would you?

IMG_0284.jpg

Brutal glare there oops, currently 1692 CP

Still walking him to power up as well, highest rating possible from my trainer

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm down my best 2 fire types and my 2600 Snorlax

Rookie...
Snorlax isn't really a great Raid mon IMO due to his low DPS and lack of really good type matchups against raid bosses. He's durable, but I think time (damage dealt before the time runs out) is the primary concern in raids. Have you had much luck getting TMs?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I like my Snorlax anyways. I think he's an unexpected opponent in this gym (2 days now) his moveset is dark/ground lol

We seem to get a TM 50% of the time on tier 3 Raids

Highest we can take down just us two, which is almost always the case

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh and I took some of your advice and went for a Golem first in preparation for the Leg. Birds

View attachment 151313

Leave it IMO. Dual rock moves are ideal, and rock blast still does good cycle damage (less damage than stone edge, but less energy cost). It's possible that you are left with less "wasted/unused" damage if he faints in a battle, as you can get off a rock blast 3x as often as stone edge, so if Golem faints with 66% of a full charge bar for Stone Edge, you do no damage for it, compared to getting off 1-2 additional rock blasts.

There's also the chance you get earthquake, which is not ideal (you want dual rock moves), and then you may get rock blast when you switch it again, and you could get stuck in a loop of changing between two moves and not getting the one you want.

Tony102

Awards
Just started playing again after like 6 months. A lot more to do!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These are my two Golem:
IMG_3933.jpg
IMG_3934.jpg
I used naming conventions to sort some raid teams; one for TTar, one for the birds when the come, one for Mewtwo (and Alakazam by extension I suppose), etc. It also helps me figure out who to power up.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 151313

Brutal glare there oops, currently 1692 CP

Sorry, how do you swap attacks? Never heard of that?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, how do you swap attacks? Never heard of that?
It's newish. Beating a raid (typically Tier 3-4) will sometimes drop a TM. A fast/quick TM will allow you to swap one Pokémon's fast move, and a charge will do the same for the charge move. Since most mon only have two possible quick moves, using a quick TM will pretty much guarantee the other move, but since most have 3 charge moves, there's no guarantee you'll get the move you want, but you will get one of the usually two other moves. Also, there is no guarantee of it cycling through all moves; you can go from 1 to 2, then 2 to 1, then 1 to 2, and never get move 3 if that's how the randomness happens to play out. TMs are relatively rare in my experience, so I use them only for mons with uses, like taking down difficult raids.