Prolactin Control: Inihibit-P or Prolactrone?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Im on a tablet - all you get for now, lol. Nice non-answer.
I get that you try play the "forum BS cutter", and that is cool. But at least admit when you misinterpreted something rather than play strawman or red herring

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anywho, just thought id point it out :D

Inhibit P is cheap as anything and worth giving a try!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thoughts?
Started lactating week 6 of an NPP cycle. 0.25mg/e3d caber did not control it. Upped caber to 0.5mg/e3d and crushed e2 with exem...still giving milk.
Dropped caber and used Inhibit P/ 3 caps x day, problem solved.

Polly1

Awards
Started lactating week 6 of an NPP cycle. 0.25mg/e3d caber did not control it. Upped caber to 0.5mg/e3d and crushed e2 with exem...still giving milk.
Awesome,im stocking Inhibit P then,thx bro!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is awesome. I (and i think most people) hate the side from Caber too so it's nice to have something to substitute it with.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is awesome. I (and i think most people) hate the side from Caber too so it's nice to have something to substitute it with.
I would use inhibit P again, as I believe it did what it's designed for.
Can't say with 100% confidence that "inhibit P" by itself is enough for hard cases, as I used caber -and crashed my e2 beforehand.
I ended my NPP cycle early due to high RBC and BP.
Had not the opportunity to keep going and use inhibit P exclusively for prolactin control.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Inhibit-P! So many people have had success with it and it is a great value!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I get that you try play the "forum BS cutter", and that is cool. But at least admit when you misinterpreted something rather than play strawman or red herring
A. I actually was on a tablet - you own one? It took me 10 minutes just to make the quote work, LOL.
B. I really don't care too much about the hormone that 99.9% of men should worry the *least* about, and don't have a vested interest in convincing people one way or the other, about an OTC supp. If it's between 5 and 35, quit the worrying. If it's above, buy some bulk B6 and 99% Mucuna Extract - $40 will last about a year. Of course, this would entail blood-work, and not "Willy-Nilly" recommendations to just take stuff.
C. I'm actually combing through about 15 hours of Dr. Rand McClain interviews - because he specifically did one on Prolactin, and how he hasn't seen a Prolactin problem yet, in all his years. Unfortunately, MuscleInsiders YouTube Channel tags videos poorly, so a search for "Prolactin" couldn't find it. So I'm watching 15 hours of video to add to this conversation - I don't mind, I love me some more learnin'.
D. I'm not going to take the immense amount of time it would take, to see if you are correct that I mis-interpreted Prolactin levels in men research (by combing through what you posted) as I said before: it's not a hormone that excites me (pun?) and I have no vested inrterest - so let's say I did - what Prolactin level (ng/ml) do you think is a healthy level for men to have?

When I find Dr. McClains thoughts on Prolactin - I'll transcribe them and post them - may take a while, I'm only on hour 2 or 3...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A. I actually was on a tablet - you own one? It took me 10 minutes just to make the quote work, LOL.
B. I really don't care too much about the hormone that 99.9% of men should worry the *least* about, and don't have a vested interest in convincing people one way or the other, about an OTC supp. If it's between 5 and 35, quit the worrying. If it's above, buy some bulk B6 and 99% Mucuna Extract - $40 will last about a year. Of course, this would entail blood-work, and not "Willy-Nilly" recommendations to just take stuff.
C. I'm actually combing through about 15 hours of Dr. Rand McClain interviews - because he specifically did one on Prolactin, and how he hasn't seen a Prolactin problem yet, in all his years. Unfortunately, MuscleInsiders YouTube Channel tags videos poorly, so a search for "Prolactin" couldn't find it. So I'm watching 15 hours of video to add to this conversation - I don't mind, I love me some more learnin'.
D. I'm not going to take the immense amount of time it would take, to see if you are correct that I mis-interpreted Prolactin levels in men research (by combing through what you posted) as I said before: it's not a hormone that excites me (pun?) and I have no vested inrterest - so let's say I did - what Prolactin level (ng/ml) do you think is a healthy level for men to have?

When I find Dr. McClains thoughts on Prolactin - I'll transcribe them and post them - may take a while, I'm only on hour 2 or 3...
You will never be a rep, LOL!
Inhibit P is reasonable priced, IMHO and the convenience to not have to encapsulate bulk powder is obvious to me.

Dr. Rand McClain should squeeze more nipples before proclaiming to never have seen a problem.
Prolactin trouble is real, if you count personal experience as evidence -hint: I wouldn't -but I had to, because I started lactating.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

You're in an industry where people constantly manipulate PRL and other hormone levels, so while one guy hasn't "seen" any issue, it doesn't mean one doesn't exist. That's a fallacy if I ever heard one.

The reason why it is important for the forum to know you misread the study is because you were intentionally trying to dissuade someone buying a product based on false information. In fact you weren't just dissuading, you were also posting miscited facts about the issues low PRL 'causes' which are not actually attributed to PRL, but rather the original cause of lowered PRL. So again, ill take a 10 man study that actually measures what I think it measures over a 4000 person study that isnt related to what im arguing

And now you're just playing red herring, but in any case, who said anything about zero values all the time? Like E inhibitors, they are only meant short term. But in any case, here are a few papers for you:

Cabergoline used to treat male orgasmic disorder: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4822480/

Krueger et al.2 demonstrated that cabergoline induced an acute modification of prolactin plasma levels in healthy men that may be a possible factor modulating their sexual drive and function
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v19/n1/full/3901483a.html

This study is particularly interesting because:
Men (n=88) over 18 years old who were subjectively suffering from chronic stress, and anxious or depressive mood, and were subjectively unable to attain and maintain a penile erection sufficient to permit subjectively satisfactory sexual intercourse, and who were living in a stable, monogamous, heterosexual partnership, and had attempted sexual intercourse at least once during the previous 4 weeks were recruited from the general population via advertisements.
And the results were very good for increased sexual desire and other parameters related to sexual well being: http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v19/n1/fig_tab/3901483t1.html#figure-title

So short bouts of reduced PRL is actually beneficial to healthy males with sexual dysfunction, or those looking to enhance their sexual well being? Colour me intrigued. Sexual satisfaction ROSE in HEALTHY MALES. These guys didn't even have an issue with increased PRL.

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/179/3/357.full.pdf+html

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep these guys have got you in the right direction, can't go wrong with either product but Inhibit P will work great for you and is much more cost effective!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You're in an industry...
Is there a recognized medical condition for low prolactin in males? What's it called? What can it cause?

Yes, I see all your links - I don't know if you think boners are the be all end all? On one of those, the "Good" result you are trumpeting was 4.9 (almost 5 +/- 3. So 2-8. Does that mean the guys below 5 aren't susceptible to all the other negatives associated with low prolactin below 5? Are you saying 'the lower the better'? Geez man, just print a range you would personally want to be in already.

Here's how I see it: I assumed a generally healthy, natty lifter with no symptoms shouldn't worry about using a prolactin lowering product at all. And if he did decide to use it, he should at least know what his starting values are before messing with them (for shame! what was I thinking?!). I pointed out that too low may cause problems. You got hung up on what I used to prove that - which, maybe you're right, and again maybe you aren't - but if it takes me combing through the two studies to point out any possible error on your end, then yay! you win!

Unless I am mistaken, I am reading your posts as saying "The lower, the better" - but then there's this:
Like E inhibitors, they are only meant short term...
I was unaware that the OP was using Deca and/or Tren? Is that where we're having a disconnect? I assumed he was your average, generally healthy, natty, lifting 'brah' - worrying about prolactin with no symptoms and no bloodwork?

And I thought hearing what an experienced Doctor, who specializes in male hormones, and who consults/"treats" IFBB Pros, and "lifts" himself - has to say about prolactin, had some merit - but I guess not - "to the studies, men!"

I'm sure I'll get accused of more red herrings, straw men, oranges, lemons, cherries and other natural flavors - and maybe some lions, tigers, and bears too... But I say there is a healthy range for prolactin, that it appears to be from 5 to 20, and possibly still fine to 35, and going below 5 is bad. If you disagree, awesome! I think there is enough info now, for anyone to decide for themselves. You have the thread...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is there a recognized medical condition for low prolactin in males? What's it called? What can it cause?

Yes, I see all your links - I don't know if you think boners are the be all end all? On one of those, the "Good" result you are trumpeting was 4.9 (almost 5 +/- 3. So 2-8. Does that mean the guys below 5 aren't susceptible to all the other negatives associated with low prolactin below 5? Are you saying 'the lower the better'? Geez man, just print a range you would personally want to be in already.

Here's how I see it: I assumed a generally healthy, natty lifter with no symptoms shouldn't worry about using a prolactin lowering product at all. And if he did decide to use it, he should at least know what his starting values are before messing with them (for shame! what was I thinking?!). I pointed out that too low may cause problems. You got hung up on what I used to prove that - which, maybe you're right, and again maybe you aren't - but if it takes me combing through the two studies to point out any possible error on your end, then yay! you win!

Unless I am mistaken, I am reading your posts as saying "The lower, the better" - but then there's this: I was unaware that the OP was using Deca and/or Tren? Is that where we're having a disconnect? I assumed he was your average, generally healthy, natty, lifting 'brah' - worrying about prolactin with no symptoms and no bloodwork?

And I thought hearing what an experienced Doctor, who specializes in male hormones, and who consults/"treats" IFBB Pros, and "lifts" himself - has to say about prolactin, had some merit - but I guess not - "to the studies, men!"

I'm sure I'll get accused of more red herrings, straw men, oranges, lemons, cherries and other natural flavors - and maybe some lions, tigers, and bears too... But I say there is a healthy range for prolactin, that it appears to be from 5 to 20, and possibly still fine to 35, and going below 5 is bad. If you disagree, awesome! I think there is enough info now, for anyone to decide for themselves. You have the thread...
What are you on about, lol. You literally have NO clue as to what the data you posted was saying, hence why you used it in the wrong scenario to back up a point it didn't even make. Who's saying that they can't have heart disease? The point is that IN THE STUDY YOU POSTED , the findings they presented were related to serotonin dysfunction, where prolactin was a diagnostic tool they used to identify that. Low PRL is associated with serotonin dysfunction, serotonin dysfunciton is associated with the negatives you posted about. That does not mean low PRL = all the other negatives. That's a slippery slope fallacy.

From yourlogicalfallacyis.com

slippery slope

You said that if we allow A to happen, then Z will eventually happen too, therefore A should not happen.
The problem with this reasoning is that it avoids engaging with the issue at hand, and instead shifts attention to extreme hypotheticals. Because no proof is presented to show that such extreme hypotheticals will in fact occur, this fallacy has the form of an appeal to emotion fallacy by leveraging fear. In effect the argument at hand is unfairly tainted by unsubstantiated conjecture.
Example: Colin Closet asserts that if we allow same-sex couples to marry, then the next thing we know we'll be allowing people to marry their parents, their cars and even monkeys.

No-one is saying the lower the better? All i'm saying is it has a positive effect when manipulated and is reasonably safe when used for the periods studied.

You say going below 5 is bad - what study are you using to back that up? The same one that isn't backing up your original claim? Cite something relevant and we'll revisit. But more importantly, will L Dopa even drop PRL that low?

The main issue was, your original post was based on flawed interpretation of the study you posted. That's all there is to it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I usually use inhibit p 2-3 months out of the year...never had any issues.

Jacked31

Jacked31

Awards
Hey, thank you for this. I thought about it before you sent this and said, "This guy prolly gets annoyed with people buying sh&t and not doing proper research." And that's legit; I get the same way when my buddy spends a bunch of cash on music gear he doesn't need or know anything about. I was coming from the standpoint that if I want to part with $20 on something that I felt/placebo made a difference, I should be allowed to do that and not be judged.

I'll apologize for getting a bit annoyed, but I knew where you were going and didn't care to here it: it's my $20 and I don't regret losing it.

That said, I do appreciate you looking out for others and their wallets: that is EXACTLY why I come here. I am one of those that will occasionally try something without bloodwork, but the only things I do are minimal, like LJ100 and a cortisol product as I do have a very stressful life at the moment.

Either way, thanks for the follow up and for your help. Cheers.
Exactly this is why we come here to learn from each others experience. So we dont waste $ and educate ourselves what we want to put in our body.