Problems getting low body fat

JT54

Awards
I have been working on getting my body fat down for awhile now, but seems i have come to a spot where my weight just seems to stick. I gain size really easy but losing weight is extremly hard. im down to around 9 to 10 percent bf right now but trying to lose those extra percentages seem to be not happening. I came up with the idea of maybe increasing my calories for the next 4 days to let my metabalism speed up again and then go back to my cut. Does this seem like somthing that will help.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been working on getting my body fat down for awhile now, but seems i have come to a spot where my weight just seems to stick. I gain size really easy but losing weight is extremly hard. im down to around 9 to 10 percent bf right now but trying to lose those extra percentages seem to be not happening. I came up with the idea of maybe increasing my calories for the next 4 days to let my metabalism speed up again and then go back to my cut. Does this seem like somthing that will help.
Try manipulating your diet and training, especially if you have been doing low calories or following the same training programme for a long period of time.

The best thing re diet that I would recommend for fat loss is calorie/carbohydrate cycling (i.e. 2-3 days below Maintenance and 1-2 days above Maintenance).

You can always add in some extra cardio as well, preferably HIIT, if it is not already included in your training.

For more information re fat loss, read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

JT54

Awards
i read that article and it says add carbs to every meal. i thought one should limit carb intake to in the morning and try to down as little carbs in the afternoon. I take in my carbs with a cup of oats in the morning, pre and post workout. So should i also add in more carbs at lunch and dinner?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i read that article and it says add carbs to every meal. i thought one should limit carb intake to in the morning and try to down as little carbs in the afternoon. I take in my carbs with a cup of oats in the morning, pre and post workout. So should i also add in more carbs at lunch and dinner?
How many carbohydrates you have and how you distribute them will depend on you and your response to them, your metabolism, and body-type.

Whether you add carbohydrates to every meal is up to you. You do not necessarily have to add them to your meals post-mid-afternoon, but do make sure that you include fat and protein in them.

Remember that if you have LOW carbodyrates (<50-100g/day) it should only be a short-term thing, and that you CAN lose bodyfat WITH them.

Everyone has to find what works and is right for THEM.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
BCAAs and EC and low grade cardio for half an hour first thing in the AM on an empty stomach and watch the fat come off and the muscle stay on.

Simple but you have to be disciplined to do it 3 or 4 times a week.

SmallTownIron

SmallTownIron

Banned
Awards
How many carbohydrates you have and how you distribute them will depend on you and your response to them, your metabolism, and body-type.

Whether you add carbohydrates to every meal is up to you. You do not necessarily have to add them to your meals post-mid-afternoon, but do make sure that you include fat and protein in them.

Remember that if you have LOW carbodyrates (<50-100g/day) it should only be a short-term thing, and that you CAN lose bodyfat WITH them.

Everyone has to find what works and is right for THEM.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
This is very true. If you LOW carb for an extended amout of time, you WILL witness muscle loss as well UNLESS your body responds to fat better than carbs. But everyone is different. Like me for instance, I respond the best to a high protien, moderate carb (125-250gm) and very low fat. You may grow like a weed on HIGH fat, High protien, low carb OR high carb, mod protien, low fat or etc..

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Have you increased your training intensity as you lost bf? sometimes people stick with the same amount of intensity just as people stick with the same amount of calories in a diet but you need to make adjustments as you lose weight.

JT54

Awards
Well i train for power so my workouts are all geared toward powerlifting. I use some parts from westside in my training along with some of ed coans programs.

cmc

cmc

Awards
Ive attached a great article on fat loss. For those of you that know or may not know, the information that the Colgan Institute puts out is solid. They have the largest database in the world on sports nutrition and then some. Excellent stuff.

Attachments

SmallTownIron

SmallTownIron

Banned
Awards
Ive attached a great article on fat loss. For those of you that know or may not know, the information that the Colgan Institute puts out is solid. They have the largest database in the world on sports nutrition and then some. Excellent stuff.
CMC, great article and interesting read. Thanks and reps for the information.

cmc

cmc

Awards
For sure...I may have a few more and will upload them as well. Very solid info that is worth sharing. Thanks.

JT54

Awards
Def a good read. Anyone ever use peppers for weight loss and it actually worked?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Well i train for power so my workouts are all geared toward powerlifting. I use some parts from westside in my training along with some of ed coans programs.
What's your cardio program like?

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Try manipulating your diet and training, especially if you have been doing low calories or following the same training programme for a long period of time.

The best thing re diet that I would recommend for fat loss is calorie/carbohydrate cycling (i.e. 2-3 days below Maintenance and 1-2 days above Maintenance).

You can always add in some extra cardio as well, preferably HIIT, if it is not already included in your training.

For more information re fat loss, read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Read through the article. Why do you say to avoid tea/coffe?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read through the article. Why do you say to avoid tea/coffe?
It offered a healthier solution to getting caffeine re liquids.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
It offered a healthier solution to getting caffeine re liquids.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

So their's nothing really wrong with unsweetened cofee/tea, it's just that green tea is a healthier alternative. Thanks for the heads up and good article.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So their's nothing really wrong with unsweetened cofee/tea, it's just that green tea is a healthier alternative. Thanks for the heads up and good article.
The tannins is coffee and tea (excluding herbal tea) can affect the absorption of certain vitamins and minerals if consumed together, etc., so if you DO have them make sure not to have them with a meal or vitamins/mineral supplements.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT