MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I put an update on here earlier and it is missing. I will copy it from my other computer tomorrow and put it back up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PICS!!! Yesterdays missing update.

Okay first I have to say that I have had a heck of a past few days. We had lay offs last week 2 of which were my best friends at work. I had a birthday party / slumber party to host this week, had someone move. On top of that one of the people who are gone was from my team so I have more work to do now. Hence the lack of updates. I am back on the update wagon and am happy to say I have not deviated from my workouts or nutritional plan.

Here is the info from this mornings workout. I also will put up some of what I can remember from my workout Saturday it was kind of a blur and I didn't have anything with me to log my weight or reps.

Hammer Flat Bench - 4 plates 6
DB Pullovers 110x11 110-7
Deads 385x7 385x6
BW Dips 30, 15

This morning's workout

DB Flat Bench 110x7 110x6>85x4>65x5

Hammer Dorian Row 143psx10, 143ps8>90x7>45x8

Standing Military Press (behind neck) 155x6, 155x5>105x6>55x7

Close Grip Bench 235x4, 235x5>165x6>135x3

Curls 110x7, 110x5>80x5>60x5

Squats 285x15, 315x7x>285x5

Seated Calf raise 125x15, 125x9

Over all feel and other notes:

I felt a little weaker than usual this morning, but I have cut my calories last week so maybe I am feeling that. All in all training is a very push it as hard as I can type of thing. I am feeling out my body as I go. I have noticed that my blood sugar is getting a little low now that I have added the ReCreate back in. Find myself needing / wanting to take a nap in between some meals. I am still having a lot of the Alpha Male feeling and have been able to almost fight of the gloom of the layoffs due to the slight euphoric feelings at times.

I took some pics this weekend and will post them up in my profile. Some of the ones I took outside are very washed out from all of the light but you can see the loose skin I have been telling you about. It is a conern for me now that I am getting closer to the show. I may need to cut calories again but I am not sure as my skinfolds show little fat but I look heavier so I am assuming I have done something wrong or it is just my extra skin and there may be nothing I can do at this point. Either way... I must continue to move forward.

Feel free to make any comments. I am a little concerned about my skin issue at this point but I am going to keep working at everything like I am just reading the calipers wrong and am a little heavier than I am reading. I can fix that. I put comments regarding each pic on my profile. Issues I need to address type of thing.

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3954/size/big

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3958/size/big/cat/500

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3957/size/big/cat/

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3956/size/big

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3953/size/big/cat/

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update

This morning treadmill 45 minutes 5 minute cool down 575 cals.
Ab work, and home. All nutrition and supplementation is normal.

Feel:

I have to admit that in general I feel great but since adding in the ReCreate I feel my blood sugar get low at times. Since I can't just up the carbs I am going to have to stim my way through it for a bit. I know this is putting me in a state of fat loss I am just trying to manage not to fall asleep just before my lower carb higher fat meals.

I still have my aggression and workouts are really rockin. I feel like I am getting a little weaker that last workout but I am dieting so that can be expected. I can't remember but I don't think I slept well the night before either. We are 3 days into my 3rd week and so far, and other than toying with the ReCreate and blood sugar I am enjoying the stack completely. I am going to work on a way to stay on the ReCreate, I may just find that I do not do well with it. We shall see.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok there is some loose skin... all you can do is hit it with some moisterizing creams and hope it tightens up some. You can however use some posing help. Do you have a second set of eyes... cuz most of your poses have you not standing tall enough which will make things like loose skin show up more. If your more upright in your poses that will stretch your skin out some. Don't crunch down, make yourself tall and large... keep that chest pointed at the sky.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I will do that. I intend to set up my camcorder in my garage tonight to start just that. I definitely want to display my physique as best as possible. Hopefully that will really help me out. I imagine I will get taken off less for having modified a pose to better suit me than I would for displaying the sharpei look. ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's workout and notes:

Oh Man Oh Man Oh MAN!!!! I had another rough and tough workout today. I am definitely a little weaker but once again I have cut my calories and increased my cardio so I guess that is to be expected. I see that I am getting leaner, and today I weighed in at 190 so the weight is staying and the fat is dropping. Not a bad contest prep eh?

My Workout today

Incline Bench: 235x4 225x10>185x6>135x4

Pull Ups BWx10, BWx10>bw-40x10>bw-80x6

Wide Grip Upright Row: 105x10, 105x10>95x6 stopped there tendonitis was flairing up.

DB Overhead Triceps extension: 110x10, 110x9>85x8>70x5

DB Hammer Curls: 45x10, 45x6>35x8>25x5

Hack Squats: 365x10, 405x10>315x8>225x9

Lying Leg Curls: 150x10, 150x7>120x6>90x5

Donkey Calf Raise 380x15, 380x15

General feel:
Yesterday I had a great day blood sugar wise I never fealt like I was getting weak or ready to pass out like I had the few days before. I didn't really change too much but yesterday was different. So far today I really don't feel like I am going to have that issue. I took my second dose of ReCreate almost 2 hours ago and I haven't experienced the feeling yet. Other than this mood has been great. I still feel like I am King Sh*t! I finally got a little sore again after pushing the squats a little harder, I noticed it yesterday evening,but it is gone now. LOL I hope my quds get the same from the Hacks today. :D

Nutritional Changes. I cut out about 10-15 grams of carbs from the meal surrounding my weight workout. Just not a comfortable feeling having had that much oatmeal and I really don't want to feel bloated. That and I think it is a nice and easy way to lower calories marginally. I believe that next week I may stop the P-Slin and go with an AP before my unfed workout and another AP as soon as I finish lifting and then just go with 20-40 grams carbs to get the nice recomp effect without the extra carbs and calories. The week following I will probably cut out the carbs in my last meal as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 26

So today has been great. I got up this morning and my foot wasn't hurting to badly so I decided to run on the treadmilll for the first time in a while. I had been doing nothing but walking the incline. I put that bad boy on a level 6 and ran for 45 minutes straight. I felt wonderful, fulll of energy and proud of myself when I finished. My buddy that talks to me while I try to workout even came up and held a converstaion with me during most of my last 5 minutes and I was able to take part in it without slowing down. It was just awesome to have that type of stamina on something I hadn't done recently. I weighed in at 189.75 this morning so I am pretty on point I think. The fat really seems to be coming down now. I think the closer I get the more noticeable the small changes are becoming. I really can't wait for the show. I just feel dominant so I feel I am going to tear it up at the show. Good to feel positive like that. I love this stack. All of the layoffs and everything else around me and I have still managed to keep my head up. I would have normally let all of this have a larger effect on my stress levels.

Run on treadmill: 45 minutes 5 mile per hour, 4 miles, 664 calories.
AB Work, 3 sets of Draw Bridges and Crunches until failure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am very happy with results this week. I have not lost any weight but my skin folds went down noticeably.

I don’t have a lot of time unfortunately so I will just give yesterdays workout and today stats this week. I will put up better pics tomorrow…. Well my internet connection went out on me yesterday so this I am putting up my log today. I will probably post up again later today if I get a chance. I took some better pics with a different camera. Unfortunately the self time was stuck on 3 seconds so I was having to jump in front of the camera and try to pose before it shot. LOL. Pictures could be better with someone else at the camera. LOL WELL CRAP 4RTH TIME NOW TRYING TO POST UPDATE!!! AAAAUGGHHHHH!!!!!! So much for that euphoric feeling eh? LOL I will have to come back to do pics. Connection is horrible.

Workout
Bench 275x5, 260x6>235x8>185x5
Wide Grip Pull Ups 12, 8>6 chin>10 70 pull down
Behind Neck Standing Military Press 155x8, 155x6>105x12>95x6
Trap Bar Dead Lifts 325x12 375x13 375x8>325x10>275x10
Over Head Curl Bar Triceps Extension 125x12, 125x10>75x8
EZ Curl 125x10, 125x7>75x6

Date: 3/15/2009
Skinfold Site Start, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
Pectoral 6, 5, 4, 4, 3
Abdomen 12, 11, 10, 11, 10
Quadricep 8, 7, 7, 7, 6
TOTAL 26, 23, 21, 22, 19
Bodyweight 191, 190, 189, 188, 188

Weight change from beginning - -3
% Bodyfat 8.46, Week 4 - 6.22
lbs Bodyfat 16.15, Week 4 - 11.7
Fat Mass change from beginning - -4.45

% Lean Mass 91.54 Week 4 - 93.77
lbs Lean Mass 174.84 Week 4 - 176.29
Lean Mass Change from beginning - + 1.45

Start Week 4
Body Part L, R, L, R,
Quads 24, 24, 24 ½, 24 1/2
Calves 16, 16 1/8, 16 ¼, 16 3/8
Forearms 12 ¼, 12 ½, 12 ¼, 12 1/2
Arms 15 1/8, 15 1/3, 15 5/8, 15 5/8
Arms (flexed)16 5/8, 16 5/8, 16 ¾, 16 3/4
Shoulders 51 9/16, 51 3/4
Chest 47, 46 15/16
Waist 33, 32 1/8
Weight 191, 188

From my stats and measurements I am going up in areas I want and down where it needs to be going. I am VERY HAPPY with my results so far.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gaining mass while cutting .... gotta love it!! With a herbal product to boot!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great results so far!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Combined update - Internet down yesterday.

Yesterday's update. Well attack of the bad connection again. My ISP is done for. I ordered AT&T U-verse yesterday because I am OVER COMCAST!!!

I had another great workout today was pumped and feeling strong. I think my weakness in the morning has been from my body turning back to using carbs for energy a little more so my unfed workouts are suffering a little. I had my P-Slin and meal an hour before my workout and just smashed it.

DB Bench press 120x7, 120x5>90x5>65x4

Cable Row Wide grip palms facing each other: 140x10,
140x9>110x8>90x5

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 115ps x10, 115ps x10>90x10>45x7

Curls 115x9, 115x7>85x6>65x5

Leg press giant set 5px10>6pX5>7pX5>8pX5>9X5>8pX5>7pX3>6X3
P = 45 lb plates

Leg Extension 240x9>210x7>190x6

Leg Curls 140x10>110x8>90x5

Overall Feel:
I am feeling like superhero or something just full of positive aggression. I feel like I found the key to what was the waining strength even though I am gaining muscle. Carbs!!!!! I got my body used to running off of fat most of the time so my weights were pretty constant on the low carb diet. Since introducing AP and P-Slin I have increase my carbs by almost 300% which is still pretty low by other standards. Well having carbs to run on is AMAZING when I am fed and working out, but after an overnight fast I just don't have the blood sugar to power me through like I had before.

So I have a decision to make here.
Do I?
A: Get up an extra hour early and take an AP or P-Slin and wait 15 minutes have some carbs then try to Nap?

B: Set the alarm for 15-20 minutes earlier and have an AP, 2 ReCreate and water next to my bed, take it then snooze for 15 minutes get up and slam 10-15 grams of WMS with 3 PRIME get dressed and go to the gym while sipping on my workout BCAA and 10 g WMS drink.

C: Suck up my ego continue lifting just a wee bit lighter and rejoice in the fact that I am burning more fat by working out in the fasted state. All the while the BCAAs along with my AP, Prime, and PowerFULL are keeping me in an ANABOLIC STATE and I AM STILL GAINING MUSCLE!!!!! Yes I know I was yelling but I AM EXCITE ABOUT THAT!!!!!!! ;)

Well Honestly only the last two are options I am willing to take. SO what do you guys think?

A question for those of you who are versed in the usage and methods of AP or P-Slin: With this being in the morning after a fast it seems there is a high possibility of the WMS causing an insulin spike regardless of the AP and or P-Slin. Does this seem to be the case in anyones studies or anectdotal info? If not aware of this. Your body tends to have a bit of a memory when it comes to insulin secretion. If your last meal caused and insulin spike due to high simple carb content then the following meals it takes less carbs to elicit a similiar response in insulin secretion. That being the case, would result in my body producing more insulin throughout the day to lesser carbohydrate doses thusly increasing fat storage and other negative sides of insulin? I do not want to program my body for this first thing in the morning.

That being said, who has input?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am all for giving he ego a kick in the asss... I get caught up in this myself all the time. I want to lift more weight when the lighter weight enables me to reach my goal, because I can use better form and get better contractions. We have to remember why were doing this, were not powerlifters. Lifting extra weight to impress that sweet little number in the tight black spandex is not going to do us much good, who incidently is much more impressed with how good you look and could not give a damn how much you lift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I made the decision last night to do a combination of both A, and C. I am going to suck it up on Tuesday and Thursday then have a nice P-Slin / meal supported workout on Saturday when I have the oppurtunity to refeed, but only for the next two Saturdays. After that I am going to cut out the larger carbohydrate meals required by P-Slin and only use the Anabolic Pump which works well with less carbs.

Unfortunately I love hitting the weights hard and heavy. I am never doing it to impress anyone else but myself. That continuous drive to do better make my mind want to see weights increasing and when they go down AAAAUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! Of course the other part of me, that new part that is starting to enjoy the discipline and challenge of the diet and competition prep is loving the results in the mirror. I just have to remember my goal right now is only appearance based and the only reason to use the p-slin these last two times is to get those last bursts of growth and anabolism, and not to lift heavier.

Oh yeah, you are SOOOOO right about the ladies, they love the abs and cuts more than the snorting, growling, and heaving of watching us lift heavy. However, I am a gross sweaty fool with two towels at my gym one for me and one for the equipment I use. So I can't be looking too sexy to anyone. LOL

As for this week it looks like I will have had the oppurtunity to have fed workouts all week. My son is with his Dad so the wife and I can't go to the gym in the morning before work because no one would be home with our 5 year old. We have had to work out later in the day. So I guess it comes at a good time in the contest prep before I have to start shutting the carbs down more. Here is to a SWOLE week!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Positive Aggression gone wrong...

Well there I was rushing to finish my preworkout meal as i left work so I could work out in the garage. Standing on sidewalk waiting for my wife to pick me up for an extra 30 minutes begins the frustration but no big deal. I surf the forums with my blackberry and continue to ook at my watch. Okay good she gets there just in time to only throw my supplement schedule off by about 15-20 minutes. I tell myself no big deal I can workout 30-45 minutes later. We are running late so a friend picks up my daighter from daycare we go to get her. Another added 15 minutes. NOOOO.... So we get home and I take my Jack3d, 3 PRIME,3 PowerFULL and another 1.5g SuperSaponins. I was really planning an all out war on the weights!!!!! I give my supps the time to kick in and I mean I am AMPED UP LIKE A SNORTING BULL within 20-25 minutes. I get out start to warm up. Well a bad situation arose and I had to go back in to deal with it.

Now honestly my mind was only on that workout. It was THE workout. I had been craving this all day like it was a crack fix or something. :crackhead: Well I don't know if you have ever been around a junky when you are getting in the way of there fix but my mind kept going back and forth between the crap I was being forced to deal with and the fact I was missing what I had set up to be the most aggressive workout I had in a while. Well apparently being that Jack3d up, intense and aggressive already while getting pushed to my limits triggered what I can only assume was the fight or flight response in my pituitary gland because I had a major flash of anger. I did not direct it at anyone but I sure flew off the handle no less. Well it was a short lived burst of fowl language and and anger kind of like a bull ride 8 seconds of bucking snorting and letting everyone know being near me is not where you want to be right now. Well I calmed myself rather quickly because I recognized I was a grown man having a temper tantrum.

However the damage was done!The surge of adreneline had left me with nothing left. By the time I got out to the garage 2 1/2 hours after my pre-workout meal and a temper tantrum,I had to push as hard as possible to lift weights that are normally easy to me. Even between sets I felt weak and finishing the workout was almost impossible.

So just remember this guys, setting yourself up for being aggressive can occasionally back fire. Watch your temper when on stims and what not and remind yourself if feeling angered that hey I intentionally made myself aggressive for the weights I need to limit my aggression to that. I wasn't hurtful to anyone just I just embarrassed myself. I am only warning you BECAUSE MY WORKOUT SUCKED AS A RESULT!!!

On another but similiar note to anyone who competes. Do you find yourself getting more aggitated any time something gets in the way of your schedule? Curious if this is typical stress of the competition prep as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays post

I was a little confused by my stats below. I have a strong suspicion where some of the differences come from but am not exactly sure now of what my actual body weight was through out the span of the log. I had been weighing on a normal floor scale at my house. Well this morning it was all over the place, as far as weighing goes. I had been having to move it around pretty much all this time to try to get it in the same spot it was before so the readings would be right. Not sure how succesful I was. Well this morning I just decided that I was going to go up into the gym unfed not having had a drink or anything and weigh myself. To my surprise I was 183, the other day I weighed on it at the gym and I was 186 after having eaten twice and drank a good 64 oz of water already. So I think perhaps my home scale has been overweighing. I am also looking much leaner than I did last week, and don't look smaller. I will post up my pics with this or later today. I have nottaken them but I see a lot more definition in the mirror than I was last week. Out of curiosity I did run some numbers I think that my home scale was 5 lbs off, so I ran the numbers at a more reserved 3 lbs off just to see. I put some of those adjusted weight numbers below jut to maybe see where I probably came from. The most important reason I am redoing this is that my progress up to now is how I am gauging the rest of my approach. Now looking at the measurements from the beginning to last week to this week from an oerall aspect I think the measurements confirm my suspicions that my scale at home s off. Even though it is a rest day Sundays I am going to take the time to drive to the gym to weigh myself on the triple beam scale for accuracy. As you can see regardless of which chart last week was a bad week for me. I even lost muscle, I missed a some meals due to a lot of stress and craziness at work. Not even time to make a shake. Well this week I WILL make sure to get my meals in. I think I will get that muscle back. On a positive note my waist was 31.5 inches today! That is a good loss. Also this actually puts me closer to landing in the middle weights instead of light heavy, and I think that is too my advantage. I assume I had at least a pound of close and my shoes on if not more so in trunks I am probably 181 right now so the 176 1/4 is very doable now.

Skinfold Site Start Week 4 Week 5
Pectoral 6 3 3
Abdomen 12 10 9
Quadricep 8 6 6
TOTAL 26 19 18
Bodyweight 191 188 183
Weight change from previous -0 -5
Weight change from beginning -3 -8
% Bodyfat 8.46 6.22 5.90
lbs Bodyfat 16.15 11.70 11.10
Fat Mass change from previous -1.80 -0.60
Fat Mass change from beginning - 4.45 4.45
% Lean Mass 91.53 93.77 94.09
lbs Lean Mass 174.84 176.29 172.19
Lean Mass Change from Previous - 1.81 -4.1
Lean Mass Change from beginning - 1.45 -2.64

Measurements
Start Week 4 Week 5
Body Part L R L R L R
Quads 24 24, 24 1/2 24 1/2 24 1/2 24 1/2
Calves 16 16 1/8, 16 1/4 16 3/8, 16 1/4 16 3/8
Forearms 12 1/4 12 1/2, 12 1/4 12 1/2, 12 1/4 12 1/2
Arms 15 1/8 15 1/3, 15 5/8 15 5/8, 15 1/2 15 1/2
Arms (flexed) 16 5/8 16 5/8, 16 3/4 16 3/4, 16 1/2 16 1/2
Shoulders 51 9/16, 51 3/4 51 3/4
Chest 47, 46 15/16, 46 7/8
Waist 33, 32 1/8, 31.5
Weight 191, 188, 183

Adjusted weight would be 188,185,183

ADJUSTED WEIGHT LBM, and Fat Mass percenages.

Skinfold Site Start Week 4 Week 5
Pectoral 6, 3, 3
Abdomen 12, 10, 9
Quadricep 8, 6, 6
TOTAL 26, 19, 18
Bodyweight 188, 185, 183
Weight change from previous 0, -2
Weight change from beginning - -5
Fat Mass change from beginning -4.38 -4.98
lbs Lean Mass 172.09, 173.47, 172.19
Lean Mass Change from Previous 1.77, -1.28
Lean Mass Change from beginning 1.38 0.09

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
update

Well I was going to put pics up but I haven't been able to post to this site for a while now. I am actually looking pretty good and the loose skin is lessening as my skin folds go down. :D

Today I did cardio, 45 minute treadmill interval training. I burned 618 cals. I ate every meal and everything as I should. At lunch I went out and ran 1.5 miles out and walked back quickly to cool down . Was excellent!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update and hopefully pics will post.

First I would like to say that the intial reason I began this log was to get my money back if the USP Labs products did not deliver. Well I am happy to say that I am only logging this for the documentation and pure apprectiation for what the products have helped me achieve in my contest preparation so far. I will post up a few more pics I snapped this morning just to show you the differences just a week made. My workouts have been amazing recently and I am really enjoying my preparation. I feel very confident in my ability to win my class and more importantly once I know my posing is down I will even be confident that the overall is within my grasp. I will trake time to get some of my weights from my past few workouts up soon but bottom line is if this this log was a daily thing that was almost a chore when the responisbility was to the money back guarantee but now I have no concern for that part of it and only educating others on the fact this has been the best stack I have used to date, and I have used a lot of supplements over my 24 years in the game.

Well I tried to update my pics and still get an error uploading so here is a link to a progress video I shot last week. You can see I have come a long way in the past month and a half.

I just wanted to get a good look at myself, my USPLabs stack testimonial didn't have good light and I want to see the fruits of my labor. - AnabolicMinds

Here are my stats as off yesterday as well.

Start Week 6
Body Part L R L R
Quads 24 24 , 24 3/8 24 3/8
Calves 16 16 1/8 16 1/4 16 1/5
Forearms 12 1/4 12 1/2 12 3/8 12 1/2
Arms 15 1/8 15 1/3 15.25 15 1/2
Arms (flexed) 16 5/8 16 5/8 16 3/8 16 1/2
Shoulders 51 9/16 51 5/8
Chest 47 46.5
Waist 33 31 1/4
Weight 191 182

Skinfold Site Start Week 6
Pectoral 6 3
Abdomen 12 8
Quadricep 8 4
TOTAL 26 15
Bodyweight 188 182
Weight change from previous - -1
Weight change from beginning - -6
% Bodyfat 8.46 4.93
lbs Bodyfat 15.90 8.97
Fat Mass change from previous - -1.94
Fat Mass change from beginning - -6.92
% Lean Mass 91.53 95.06
lbs Lean Mass 172.09 173.02
Lean Mass Change from Previous 0.82 yes recovered some muscle mass
Lean Mass Change from beginning 0.92

Most measurements are actualy up from beginning except for shoulders, waist, and which I was holding a good amounf of fat on.

Last edited:
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you dropped almost 7 lbs of fat and gained almost a pound of muscle mass... this used to be impossible in natural contest prep. You may be competing as much as 8-10 lbs heavier than you might have without these products... Everybody reading this thread stop and think about that. Yes the rules have changed...

I was wondering if the tremendous ability for this product to help you retain mass while cutting continued to be significant when you got closer to contest body fat. I guess my question is answered. Damn that means I could probably compete at 220 or so... fuk!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn!! just looked at the vid... what a transformation!! You look both bigger and way the fug leaner!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Amazing isn't it!

Even though I cut calories last week I gained lean mass just from actually gettin my meals in. Consistency is key there. Now I am trying to get weight off so I can land in the middleweights. I think I should be able to dominate that weightclass in a novice class. Most of my skin has tightened up, just a tiny bit under my chest a very litle on my lower abs and some at the bottom of my back. I think all of it will be gone or of no consequence by the show and drying out. I am extremely excited and cant wait to see the finished product.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yah you will do very well in that class, exciting times!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
P-Slin carb refeed every 3rd day.

I wanted to update everyone on some dietary changes. I have dropped the daily carb meals for the next few weeks in an effort to pull down the pounds and get my body ready for some super compensation on game day. I am also using this approach because it is my first competition and I want to do at least one or two deplete and refeeds to simulate peak weak. I have the mass right now to get away with it and will hopefully be able to come in with some psuedo experience having already done so. My training is already basically similiar to most of the glycogen depletion workouts I have seen so starting tomorrow evening I am cutting back on water starting some normal diuretics and will begin testing some of my methods to dry out. This week I am testing the bathtub dehydration method to see how it works. I will try to document the differences in some before and after pics or a video. Wish me luck!

I had the carb meal that Snagency suggested to me the night before last. I did as he suggested and took the P-Slin then slow fibrous veggies, fat, then oats then fruit.

Wow, I woke up with a pump yesterday morning, well at least looking very full. I have been running low carb again for the past week, and apparently had finally started depleting some carbs and well the supercompensation of the refeed is noticeable to say the least.

On another note, I weighed in with no shoes today and am just under 180 of course I need to go and do it on the triple beam at the gym but I know that I have lost some weight. All water I am sure with how many carbs I have cut.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't do to many depletes and refeeds too close to contest. I have always suspected that refeeds of this nature work better when done less often. Like your body gets desensitized by the repeated carbups. It's just a theory and maybe you should ask Snag.. the nutrient partitioning products may alleviate some of this problem.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't do to many depletes and refeeds too close to contest. I have always suspected that refeeds of this nature work better when done less often. Like your body gets desensitized by the repeated carbups. It's just a theory and maybe you should ask Snag.. the nutrient partitioning products may alleviate some of this problem.
I mentioned it to him the other day. He seemed to think at least one would be a good idea to get the idea. I may not totally deplete myself for the bathtub attempt, just see how much water it gets subcutaneously. From what I have read so far you do not need to be quite as depleted with that method. However if it works well I still have to consider timimg my tan application around it and possible moisture soaking in through skin afterwards. I guess it is an issue with this method. So I will keep my diet as normal and instead of my typical carb meal I will do a clena carb up through out the day as I would on game day. Then back to eating as usual on Sunday. This will also give me an idea of where I need to be scale weight to make weight howver I am not very concerned about that at tis point. I only have 3 lbs to go in 5 weeks time. I imagine I will see a few Lbs drop from the dehydration so I am confident about acheiveing 176.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your way ahead of schedule which is good, you will be able to get really thin skinned...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your way ahead of schedule which is good, you will be able to get really thin skinned...
I am hoping so. I have really upped my posing practice this past week and plan to have my routine set by the end of this weekend then it is only perfecting it. I think all of the extra posing is really going to help me with that hard dry look too. A goal I have set for my self is to get where I can hold each pose for 1 minute without it becoming sloppy or too shaky. I think between that and regular routine practice I should have greatposing stamina by the time the show rolls around. I am about half way there on a lot of them and they are getting better and better.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah and Arnold use to say posing is a good way to get rid of excess water under the skin..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I should practice in the sauna. I already do my crunches and what not in there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update, and tested dryout method over the weekend.

Well I had a hectic week this past week and a hectic weekend but after it was all said and done it was nice and productive. I did a nice all cable workout on the free motion well all cable except for the legs, I did reverse hack squats and went filled both sides full with 45 lb'rs. Tore a few sets out there and then went and did leg extensions followed by good mornings on the back extension bench. I had a great workout. I tried a little bit of dirty carb loading, yes I know.... Then I soacked in the tub with some epson salt for about 20 minutes just to get an idea of how much water it could pull from my skin. Well I was dry mouthed all night, made myself not take a drink I woke up about 3 lbs lighter than I went to bed, and my skin was dry. Ten minutes into my morning cardio, very low impact... My veins were just popping out from everywhere, unfortunately the poor food choices upset my stomach so I had to stop for a restroom break and that is when I noticed it even more... My legs were even vascular up on the top of the thighs. Normally you can see a trace of a vein here or there. THis was full on vascularity, even now my arms are very vascular and I am not even doing anything but typing. I did not even carb back up. I just went with what came from last nights pump. I am not 100% sure this is the way I want to go though. I will probably stick with a more traditional approach to drying out until I have time to perfect this one.

On another note I am stopping my carb refeeds for now. I am maintaining weight even though on lower cals so I am cutting these for at least the next two weeks. I think this should start the weight dropping again. Hard to get weight down now. The muscle doesn't want to budge to come down, I have actually gained a little MORE lean mass this week with these supps, so going to have to do serious work on getting the sugar and carbs out of the muscle for a bit. Let em swell back up game day. ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I had a hectic week this past week and a hectic weekend but after it was all said and done it was nice and productive. I did a nice all cable workout on the free motion well all cable except for the legs, I did reverse hack squats and went filled both sides full with 45 lb'rs. Tore a few sets out there and then went and did leg extensions followed by good mornings on the back extension bench. I had a great workout. I tried a little bit of dirty carb loading, yes I know.... Then I soacked in the tub with some epson salt for about 20 minutes just to get an idea of how much water it could pull from my skin. Well I was dry mouthed all night, made myself not take a drink I woke up about 3 lbs lighter than I went to bed, and my skin was dry. Ten minutes into my morning cardio, very low impact... My veins were just popping out from everywhere, unfortunately the poor food choices upset my stomach so I had to stop for a restroom break and that is when I noticed it even more... My legs were even vascular up on the top of the thighs. Normally you can see a trace of a vein here or there. THis was full on vascularity, even now my arms are very vascular and I am not even doing anything but typing. I did not even carb back up. I just went with what came from last nights pump. I am not 100% sure this is the way I want to go though. I will probably stick with a more traditional approach to drying out until I have time to perfect this one.

On another note I am stopping my carb refeeds for now. I am maintaining weight even though on lower cals so I am cutting these for at least the next two weeks. I think this should start the weight dropping again. Hard to get weight down now. The muscle doesn't want to budge to come down, I have actually gained a little MORE lean mass this week with these supps, so going to have to do serious work on getting the sugar and carbs out of the muscle for a bit. Let em swell back up game day. ;)

Man oh man i can't wait to cut right down on Prime to see what happens..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man oh man i can't wait to cut right down on Prime to see what happens..
I read others state that when using PRIME for clean bulking that it seems to get better the longer you are on it like weeks 4 up to maybe 12 I guess even when dieting the effects continue to build on themselves. With the lean mass still increasing even though only eating 1750 cals daily except for the refeed days. I can only assume this is from a collective overlapping of doses mixed with a longer half life of the herb? I know it is great though, I feel good and am looking better than I expected this far out. By the way I cut out the nettle root and salvia almost a month ago I just wanted to see what the USPlabs ASteroid Stack could do on it's own. Well with the help of ReCreate and PSlin. I didn't realize I got everything in this seperately and there is a stack for it. Of course I got my PRIME on sale so I can't complain at all. That and so far I am loving it. Well at this point there is not a need to preface it with so far any longer. It is and has been great from the beginning. I can't wait to get to try to build some muscle after the show. :dl: Gonna be a fun ride!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ola everyone! Found my way back to the board...

Well this past week or so hase been very hectic for me. I have had a hard time getting in any updates but my workouts are going great. Lots of intnensity strenght has been pretty good. Still working around my tendonitis and enjoying the stack a lot. Contest prep seems to have been pretty easy for me so far regarding keeping all my lean mass and still leaning up rapidly. I put up some shots so you can see where I am at right now.

I am loving this I look BAD ASS!!!!! TOOT TOOT that is ME BLOWING MY OWN HORN!

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4098/size/big/cat/583

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4097/size/big

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4096/size/big

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4095/size/big

Check em out and let me know what you think. Show is May 9th. I am very excited!!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll be ready... again what a job you've done preserving/gaining mass on a contest prep... unprecidented really. I don't ever remember seeing this happen like this, usually we always used to lose muscle mass during contest prep. It's a brave new world...

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Well this past week or so hase been very hectic for me. I have had a hard time getting in any updates but my workouts are going great. Lots of intnensity strenght has been pretty good. Still working around my tendonitis and enjoying the stack a lot. Contest prep seems to have been pretty easy for me so far regarding keeping all my lean mass and still leaning up rapidly. I put up some shots so you can see where I am at right now.

I am loving this I look BAD ASS!!!!! TOOT TOOT that is ME BLOWING MY OWN HORN!

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4098/size/big/cat/583

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4097/size/big

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4096/size/big

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4095/size/big

Check em out and let me know what you think. Show is May 9th. I am very excited!!!!!
not Only bad A$$ but also I going throw in god dam sorry god but I come on this man is on his A game!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
not Only bad A$$ but also I going throw in god dam sorry god but I come on this man is on his A game!!!!!
Now there is one heck of a compliment! Thanks!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You'll be ready... again what a job you've done preserving/gaining mass on a contest prep... unprecidented really. I don't ever remember seeing this happen like this, usually we always used to lose muscle mass during contest prep. It's a brave new world...
Thanks, I have to say that it is a little insane that I have had to lower my daily calorie intake so much just to keep from gaining more lean body mass before the show!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow begins 1500 cals for the rest of the week and I will see where I am after that. I mean c'mon who really has to worry about having too much muscle left on showday. I plan on doing another show in fall but after this I think I will probably be coming into it as a light heavy. I believe I will be able to EASILY add another 5 lbs of lean mass by then if not more. So up in weight class i think. we shall see. Once again, I LOVE THIS STACK!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Drying out.

Okay, I have to say I am very pleased, I woke up this morning very dry and it stayed until well after I took these pics, the low carbs are really helping. Carb up tonight I decided not to modify too much from my original plan. Trying bathtub method again tonight this time after having carb depleted. I didn't cut water back until today and haven't really cut sodium and as dry as I am already I am just trying to get an idea of what will transpire the night between the novice and the open. I still think I can win the novice for sure. I have to think that way. ;) So I have to plan to still be dry the next day for the open so I figure I will do both methods the typical depletion method on the week up to and then soak in a hot bath Friday night to pull any excess subcutaneous water back out.

Tanning product wise that limits me to Dream Tan so I can just reapply in the morning so soaking that night isn't an issue. Here is the pic from this morning. I just cant believe how much muscle PRIME, PowerFull, Anabolic Pump have kept on me. It really has been an amzing stack and my contest prep has probably been much easier than most. I am just kind of watching that fat fall of and the muscle hang on.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay, I have to say I am very pleased, I woke up this morning very dry and it stayed until well after I took these pics, the low carbs are really helping. Carb up tonight I decided not to modify too much from my original plan. Trying bathtub method again tonight this time after having carb depleted. I didn't cut water back until today and haven't really cut sodium and as dry as I am already I am just trying to get an idea of what will transpire the night between the novice and the open. I still think I can win the novice for sure. I have to think that way. ;) So I have to plan to still be dry the next day for the open so I figure I will do both methods the typical depletion method on the week up to and then soak in a hot bath Friday night to pull any excess subcutaneous water back out.

Tanning product wise that limits me to Dream Tan so I can just reapply in the morning so soaking that night isn't an issue. Here is the pic from this morning. I just cant believe how much muscle PRIME, PowerFull, Anabolic Pump have kept on me. It really has been an amzing stack and my contest prep has probably been much easier than most. I am just kind of watching that fat fall of and the muscle hang on.

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4117

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, I have to say that it is a little insane that I have had to lower my daily calorie intake so much just to keep from gaining more lean body mass before the show!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow begins 1500 cals for the rest of the week and I will see where I am after that. I mean c'mon who really has to worry about having too much muscle left on showday. I plan on doing another show in fall but after this I think I will probably be coming into it as a light heavy. I believe I will be able to EASILY add another 5 lbs of lean mass by then if not more. So up in weight class i think. we shall see. Once again, I LOVE THIS STACK!
Sounds great! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, This WEEKEND SUCKED! We got gullywashed and my gutters drain into a drain that feeds into the bayou behind my house. Well the bayou filled up past where the drain enters it so my gutters couldn't drain and backfilled until it got up under my flashing and ran down inside my wall and under about 600 feet of new flooring, Now the fllor is ruined and I have to patch my roof, all in the process of competition prep!

On a good note:
I found that I lost 3 lbs just soaking in the tub. That was the difference in weight after a 30 minute soak, I went from 179 to 176, I woke up in the morning weiging in at 173.5 after some carbing and water back in I ended the day at 179. I took some pics at some point to look at myself but I had just rubbed on napalm so I had a tiny bit of sheen, I don't have them here at work with me. I am done testing things out now and am just zeroing in my focus this next two weeks so I am ready for peak week.

Sundays Stats a little skewed from bath tub dehydration, but calipers showed decrease in fat this week again.
Chest 3mm, Abdomen 5mm, thigh 5, age 36 bodyfat 4.26%
Weight, was dehydrated from tub so only weight 173.5 normal morning weight has been around 178 for the past week so I would really go with 178-177 to figure out LBM and weigh myself again tomorrow morning at the gym.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm 9 days out yep that is only 1 week and 2 days!

Well guys we are a week and 2 days out! I have had some serious hurdles the past two weeks that have made life pretty hard and keeping up with the contest prep even harder. Keeping up with the log, well impossible. My roof got totally hosed, and I lost about 800 square feet of NEW laminate flooring. I have been working nonstop doing the home repairs and trying to stay on top of prep as well.

Here is where I am now.

Caliper measurements
Chest 3mm
Abdomen 5mm
Thigh 4mm
Weight 180
Bodyfat 4%

I quit taking measurements as it was playing games with my head. Water fluctuations from carb refeeds every 3rd day has kept me in a constant state of physique morphing throughout each week.So depending on if measurement day came before or after carb up would radically change my measurements. I just jumped up to 183-185 then back down to 180 twice a week. YoYo! Of course that is the plan so it is ok. I have gotten a pretty good idea of how my body will fill back up with the carbs so once the water is gone we will see where I end up. I am pretty carb sensitive so I have to be careful to avoid spill over. I guess we all do but you know what I am saying.

I have to say I am really impressed with this contest prep, and the Asteroid Stack I have been under 5% for 3-4 weeks now and I have been able to maintain as well as gain a tiny bit of lean mass. I have to give a good amount of credit to the stack, I don't really know of anyone who drops weight for a contest while increasing muscle mass, then can hold the mass for 3-4 weeks sub 5 percent. I really think that statement speaks for itself. I love the PRIME,the recovery off of this stuff is off the chain. Thank God for the Jack3d cuz I would not make it through my workouts lately without it. I am slump shouldered and foot dragging in between sets but it gives me the go I need for when I get under the weight. The PowerFull is great I have taken it several times without the other supps IE in between meals on empty stomach, and I can feel the surge of power or should I say a powerfull feeling comes over me. Positive agression is the best way to explain it. The pun wasn't intended but it works out well anyway. I also think that the natural growth homrone production increase from it has helped me with my skin tightening and I have been getting A LOT of compliments about my skin, and that I look much younger than I am. I don't typically get these comliments so I assume there has been a change. There has definitelybeen a change in the amount of loose skin, there is still some hanging on for dear life but much less than before. I think perhaps getting down so low and kind of holding has probably helped it catch up a little which was part of the plan. Get where I need to be and then hang out around there to allow some skin shrinkage before the show. I still have enough that it masks my lower abs a little and ripples when abs are flexed really hard. YOu can see it pool up a little during my vacuum pose but the vacuum looks good enough that the skin should not be the attention getter the 4 inch deep crater under my ribcage should be.

The worst part of my prep is that my posing took a back seat to home repairs so I am playing a very aggressive game of catch up. I have been putting some posing practice out on youtube under MrKleen73, feel free to go check them out and make comments or suggestion on my posing so i can improve as much as possible I unfortunately can not afford a posing coach so I have been using feedback from there to improve my posing.

Well I need to get off my break and back to work. I really can't wait for the show, or the pizza at the after party!!!!!! HMM better bring my P-Slin. ;)

PEACE!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck ... you will do great!!

It's so hard to imagine a contest prep without losing muscle. Damn a prep like that has me 218 lbs or so. That would be fuggin incredible.

I am cutting/recomping now with AP and Pslin and it's a lot fuggin easier than regular dieting with all the carbs I can take in. I have lost a bit too much ...especially at first so I won't be cutting without Prime ever again. It's under control though and will be back on prime for weeks 4-8. Turns out I was not eating enough carbs lol ... never thought I would be saying that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck ... you will do great!!

It's so hard to imagine a contest prep without losing muscle. Damn a prep like that has me 218 lbs or so. That would be fuggin incredible.

I am cutting/recomping now with AP and Pslin and it's a lot fuggin easier than regular dieting with all the carbs I can take in. I have lost a bit too much ...especially at first so I won't be cutting without Prime ever again. It's under control though and will be back on prime for weeks 4-8. Turns out I was not eating enough carbs lol ... never thought I would be saying that.
Yeah I have to admit that the supps have really opened new doors for me. I still use the Anabolic Pump even though right now I am basically on a keto diet. It was just easier once I made the shift a while back to stay that way instead of risking an adjustment period to adding carbs back in again so close to the show. I also noticed I can still get a pump because of the Anabolic Pump and Jack3d.

Some say Anabolic Pump, and P-Slin are carb dependant supplements, or that it is best with a carb meal. However I think that both Keto and Carb dieters alike are missing the boat on that one. It is my belief that even though both P-Slin and Anabolic Pump allow more carbs to be eaten without detrimental effects, that it is NOT a carb dependant supplement. From what I have learned about the products they increase the ability of the muscle to absorb the nutrients in the body in the absence of insulin but on a level equal to or greater than insulin. Normally the reason for carbs is to get the insulin spike to shuttle the nutrients into the muscle. On a low carb or keto diet there is often not much insulin at all in the blood stream. The diet is designed for that. So take away the carbs and fat storing insulin and replace the insulin with Anabolic Pump or P-Slin and you STILL get the shuttling effect of nutrients in the muscle, what you don't get is the fat storing, cholesterol creating, hih blood pressure giving side of insulin. So in my summation, I say that both Anabolic Pump and P-Slin are important supplements for anyone trying to gain or maintain lean mass on ANY type of diet NOT just with carbs. Sorry for the bold and the big font but honestly I really feel that there are tons of benefits to the use of these supplements for the Keto dieter. As anabolic of a state as you can be in with all the protien and fat having the extra testosterone in your system from that type of higher fat diet, now think if basically adding an intake fan to your muscles to shuttle these nutrients into them. You do not have that without the insulin present. UNLESS you are taking Anabolic Pump and or P-Slin. You see what I am getting at that seems to have missed a lot of the people looking at the supplement. Many low carbers probably don't even consider this supplement because it is really only touted to the carb lovers or really the "carb intolerant carb lovers". However it truly is an Anabolic Pump, it pumps everything into your muscle regardless of carbs being present. That is the REAL beauty of the supplements to me.

I definitely use them to take advantage of the carbohydrates I do eat as well. I use my P-Slin with my every 3rd day carb up. Hence the MAJOR weight gain after each carb meal. If I limit my water intake surrounding the meal I gain about 3-4 lbs, if I drink water as normal I fill up 4-6 lbs. I do feel sorry for my competition if I make the middleweights. After a slow dry carb refeed I could easily be dry and 178-ish by prejudgng, and maybe even 179 by the night show. Next prep I will be having carbs all the way through and I will come in around 183-185 I think. My body has been steady revolting agains weight loss and the muscle severely wants to grow. I can't even imagine how nice it wll be to take in 50-100 grams of complex carbs after a workout. Of course i wil reintroduce it at 25 grams to start and progress every few days. I don't want to do the bloat and explode thing I see so many guys do after a show. I also intend to keep my BF around 8% for the next 6 months or so to give my skin a little more time to tighten up. That and I have become addicted to the six pack. ;)

Well I at least had a slower day at work and got to update. Feel better about that.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me one advantage is the ability to have higher glycogen levels in my muscles while dieting, without the fear of fat gain. I go hypo pretty easy on AP and don't really have a lot of energy unless I eat at least 60 grams of carbs with it. If I was on a Keto diet I would be injesting higher amounts of fat.. so that would likely make a difference to combat the low carbs. I never really liked the way Keto diets made me feel, I was always kind of delated. Except for refeeds of course. Low carbs are fine and precontest I would get a lot of my carbs from fibrous sources.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For me one advantage is the ability to have higher glycogen levels in my muscles while dieting, without the fear of fat gain. I go hypo pretty easy on AP and don't really have a lot of energy unless I eat at least 60 grams of carbs with it. If I was on a Keto diet I would be injesting higher amounts of fat.. so that would likely make a difference to combat the low carbs. I never really liked the way Keto diets made me feel, I was always kind of delated. Except for refeeds of course. Low carbs are fine and precontest I would get a lot of my carbs from fibrous sources.
Oh for sure, I honestly prefer 50 25 25 with the 50 being protien and the other 2 split halfway. I was just saying that some of thepeople who may never go back to carbs would still benefit from the Anabolic Pump.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh for sure, I honestly prefer 50 25 25 with the 50 being protien and the other 2 split halfway. I was just saying that some of thepeople who may never go back to carbs would still benefit from the Anabolic Pump.
Used wisely yes... no doubt. I use it for fasted cardio. 50 25 25 is my current split on low carb days... doing a carb cycle right now. Nutrient partitioning makes it much easier to burn off fat. I feel great!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here is the update... FINALLY

I did it, I did my first competition and let me tell you I have some great news!!!!!!!
We had a physique screening prior to the contest and they basically told me that my physique was too advanced for the novice division. They strongly suggested that I compete at the ADVANCED LEVEL!!!!!

Yeah I said it right, they asked me to compete in the Advanced level, not the Open, but the Advanced level we were all eligable to petition for our Procards if we placed in the top three. Imagine that, yeah just let it marinade for a minute. My 1st contest and I was being given a shot to compete for my Pro card elegibility. WHAT? Are you kidding me? I can't even begin to tell you how much of a compliment and surprise that was. I had to think about it a bit as I really felt my posing needed more work to be at that level but I also really wanted to know where I stood amongst them.

After some convincing from the gentleman running the show I did a gut check and asked myself do you MAN UP, and jump on this opportunity, or do I take the safe road to the victory by staying in the novice class. I am really not the type to take the safe road to anywhere. I love a challenge, and pushing myself only makes me better so you are DAMN STRAIGHT I COMPETED AT THE ADVANCED LEVEL!!!!

These guys were pretty amazing but I was in a little better condition than they were. Their experience showed it's head in the routine round where any equality I might of had was quickly diminished. I have to admit these guys really knew how to put on a show. I enjoyed watching them from back stage and was very impressed with both natural posing ability and the creativity they used in thier routines. Just hitting all of the mandatories and a few extra poses with some simple yet smooth transitions was not going to cut it at this level.

In the end I did not place in the top 3 but I still consider it a win as they didn't even want me competing in the Novice class due to my size and conditioning. Like I said that is a major compliment. I am more siked and motivated now than before and plan to go in again against these gentlemen heavier just as hard and with a stellar posing routine. I feel I should definitely place at the next show. Here are a few pics from the show, and there are more on my profile.

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4174

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4175

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4171

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4172

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4170

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I been following man that is grerat stuff keep it going....

bubble boy

Awards
Congrats on the contest, you look great.

I'm thinking about throwing some Anabolic Pump into my mix to try to lean out.....especially after your comments above. I feel I'm taking so much stuff I think I may need to figure out what to drop and what to keep though.