Pre-workout drink mix

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Putting together my next order of bulk supplys, and I'm looking for some feedback on my pre workout drink mix. It will be taken pre w/o (cardio and/or restistance) and w/o stims on off days. I'm currently building muscle on a slight calorie deficit and on a divanil+AI run for the next month and a half. Looking for both aerobic and anaerobic endurance.
Anyone who has any input on possibly adding something here to increase the effectivness of listed ingredients, please let me know.

Contents:

-3gms. Citrulline malate-

-3gms. Beta alanine-

-3gms. L-luecine-

-3gms. AAKG-

-5gms. Creatine gluconate-

-50mg. 1,3-dimethylamylamine-

Any thoughts?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Putting together my next order of bulk supplys, and I'm looking for some feedback on my pre workout drink mix. It will be taken pre w/o (cardio and/or restistance) and w/o stims on off days. I'm currently building muscle on a slight calorie deficit and on a divanil+AI run for the next month and a half. Looking for both aerobic and anaerobic endurance.
Anyone who has any input on possibly adding something here to increase the effectivness of listed ingredients, please let me know.

Contents:

-3gms. Beta alanine-

-3gms. L-luecine-

-3gms. AAKG-

Any thoughts?
Looks pretty good. Have you looked at Essentials.

ESSENTIALS

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks really good, maybe some L-glutamine and L-taurine. And ya definately essentials :)

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
id up the leucine and maybe add some chocamine if u really needed some more energy...

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Why has everybody shied away from Creatine Monohydrate? It looks like people are using every form of a creatine other than monohydrate....and personally, I gain the best off of mono., strength and size both. Is it just the bloat that scares everyone away?

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Why has everybody shied away from Creatine Monohydrate? It looks like people are using every form of a creatine other than monohydrate....and personally, I gain the best off of mono., strength and size both. Is it just the bloat that scares everyone away?
Mono is great. And I agree. Just thought I'd try the gluc. because mono doesnt sit well if i take it right before i run.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Mono is great. And I agree. Just thought I'd try the gluc. because mono doesnt sit well if i take it right before i run.
I thought you were taking it before lifting weights....I wouldn't recommend taking any kind of creatine before running, because it dehydrates you. Make sure you're consuming A LOT of water if you're taking it that way.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely add at least a little caffeine, even 100mg. The chocomine is a nice idea too.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It contains numerous constituents, including methylxanthines (theobromine, caffeine, and theophylline), biogenic amines (phenylethylamine, tyramine, and according to one source, synephrine), amino acids (phenylalanine, tryptophan, tyrosine, others), minerals (with a high content of magnesium), numerous beneficial antioxidants, and possibly some non-psychoactive cannabanoid-related compounds.
so its got a lot of different bits and pieces in it. I'd start at 300-500mg probably. You could go as high as a gram (and it would feel good), but i'm not sure how it would affect taste at that point since you are going for a drink mix. that would be my major concern at that dose.

stefang

Awards
Contents:

-3gms. Beta alanine-

-3gms. L-luecine-

-3gms. AAKG-

Any thoughts?
I would add some ALCAR, Glutamine & Tyrosine.
The leucine is also low, try for at least 10g split pre/during/post workout.
Also add 1 gram of BA and split the dose into 2g pre/2g post workout.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
so its got a lot of different bits and pieces in it. I'd start at 300-500mg probably. You could go as high as a gram (and it would feel good), but i'm not sure how it would affect taste at that point since you are going for a drink mix. that would be my major concern at that dose.
Does it have a cocoa-ish taste? If so, I could see flavoring maybe with some kind of mint or something along those lines. Problem with that would be the sour flavor of the others, like citrulline malate. What do you think of this for the stim portion:

50mg. Geranium
300mg. chocomine
100mg caffeine

Also was considering adding ACLAR, just forgot to put it on the list.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alcar tastes roughly like crap, acidic bite plus nastiness.

just opened a couple chocomine caps into my mouth, its more a lightly nutty taste than chocolate

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
alcar tastes roughly like crap, acidic bite plus nastiness.

just opened a couple chocomine caps into my mouth, its more a lightly nutty taste than chocolate
Great feedback. Much appreciated. I'm hoping maybe some sour (lemon/lime/ect.) sugar free drink mix will take care of the flavoring. "Nutty" might not upset the flavor balance there to bad. You think the Ger./Choc/Caff would make an effective stim package?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, that should feel good. could add either glucuronolactone or taurine as well (or both). they both get commonly used in energy drinks, and have value

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Just an update...
Here's what I'm going with, will post results if anyone is interested:

-Scivation extend
-Beta Al
-Cit. Malate
-DiCreatine Malate
-AAKG
-Glycerol Mono Sterate
-1,3 Dime
-Chocomine
-Caffeine

I have a good idea on the amounts I'll use of each, as I use most of these products currently anyway, but I'll wait until I toy with it and find the right mix before I post.