Phosphatidic acid for strength and size

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked it over again and I think they are 2 different studies. The one i posted just came out a few months ago i believe. I'll post the abstract when I get to a computer later... Unless someone else beats me to it!
You are correct. Two studies I think, 2012 by Hoffman and 2014 by Wilson.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Righteous. I might not wait for your feedback before getting this!!!

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Starting my 2 bottle run this sunday. Looking forward to seeing if this is legit. If things go well.. I'll order 2 more bottles.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Biotest Micro-PA is the only Phosphatidic Acid product on the market right now.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh gotcha. Everyday I'm a little closer to joining Team PA...

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Biotest.

Heard of another company with a PA product that is going for like $100 a bottle, I obviously went with biotest on this one :p

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I'm not that impressed.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, been on Micro-PA for a few days now, good lord I'm hungry. I hope this resides a bit down the road.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worse than Anabeta?
AnaBeta Elite (only version I've used), both OG and the current one, has done nothing to increase my appetite so, yeah. But the Micro-PA is making me pretty hungry. In the morning I'm ok again (but then again, I'm preloading HBCD + hydro casein before my workout and then HBCD+ Amino IV intra, which is a good amount of nutrients).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AnaBeta Elite (only version I've used), both OG and the current one, has done nothing to increase my appetite so, yeah. But the Micro-PA is making me pretty hungry. In the morning I'm ok again (but then again, I'm preloading HBCD + hydro casein before my workout and then HBCD+ Amino IV intra, which is a good amount of nutrients).
Gotcha. You're in a deficit too correct?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yup, screwed the diet up last Thurs-Sat but have been back on track since Sunday. Things are trending downwards again in a good way.
Right on. How much of a deficit are you in? Would you anticipate gaining strength or at least maintaining it without PA?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right on. How much of a deficit are you in? Would you anticipate gaining strength or at least maintaining it without PA?
Around a -400 to -500 deficit, I can lose about a lbs to lbs and a half a week so that's my guess on what my deficit is. I've been keeping calories at 2300 this week. I don't know what to expect from PA but it has made me hungry later on in the day.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Around a -400 to -500 deficit, I can lose about a lbs to lbs and a half a week so that's my guess on what my deficit is. I've been keeping calories at 2300 this week. I don't know what to expect from PA but it has made me hungry later on in the day.
Gotcha. Sounds good mate. Looking forward to your results with it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. I failed so hard at staying to my diet after 2-3 weeks of Anabeta.....lol.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. I failed so hard at staying to my diet after 2-3 weeks of Anabeta.....lol.
I may be one of the few which ABE has no noticeable appetite effects on :p

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been there my friend, been there. :D

sideshowdoc

Awards

Mag 10, or are those bulk ingredients?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mag 10, or are those bulk ingredients?
Mixed. Intra I'm using Glycofuse + Amino IV. Pre I'm using a serving of Plazma (the price is actually ok when you factor in what Glycofuse + Peptopro would cost you). Mag-10 post.

HIIT days I do protein + MCT pre. Amino IV intra.

Mind you my gym sessions are like 2-2.5 hours with pretty short rests between sets. So far, this set up is working very well. When I run out of Amino IV, I think I'm going to try 1 serving of Plazma intra instead of the Glycofuse + Amino IV. Recovery has been very very good so far (been using the Plazma and Mag-10 for over a week now roughly, Micro-PA I started this Monday).

The Mag-10 and the Plazma does not taste very good btw. Lulz. There's basically no fillers at all in those products. The Plazma also has a good dose of citrulline and betaine (there's like over 6 grams leftover for citrulline and betaine if you subtract what is there from the carbs and protein). Bought the stack with Indigo (basically the Indigo in that stack is like a free bonus, I priced out everything prior to ordering to compare cost). No idea if I will use the Indigo or hock it online.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Mixed. Intra I'm using Glycofuse + Amino IV. Pre I'm using a serving of Plazma (the price is actually ok when you factor in what Glycofuse + Peptopro would cost you). Mag-10 post. HIIT days I do protein + MCT pre. Amino IV intra. Mind you my gym sessions are like 2-2.5 hours with pretty short rests between sets. So far, this set up is working very well. When I run out of Amino IV, I think I'm going to try 1 serving of Plazma intra instead of the Glycofuse + Amino IV. Recovery has been very very good so far (been using the Plazma and Mag-10 for over a week now roughly, Micro-PA I started this Monday). The Mag-10 and the Plazma does not taste very good btw. Lulz. There's basically no fillers at all in those products. The Plazma also has a good dose of citrulline and betaine (there's like over 6 grams leftover for citrulline and betaine if you subtract what is there from the carbs and protein). Bought the stack with Indigo (basically the Indigo in that stack is like a free bonus, I priced out everything prior to ordering to compare cost). No idea if I will use the Indigo or hock it online.
Hock it online. I ran 3 bottles recently. I noticed absolutely nothing, I wish I would have lit the money on fire instead of buying it. I really like Plazma and Mag-10, but I can't say enough bad things about Indigo.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hock it online. I ran 3 bottles recently. I noticed absolutely nothing, I wish I would have lit the money on fire instead of buying it. I really like Plazma and Mag-10, but I can't say enough bad things about Indigo.
Yeah, good thing it was basically free when you get the stack. Might give it a go though, haven't decided yet :p

sideshowdoc

Awards
Very individual. Definitely noticed I can eat more carbs and feel better using indigo

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know what I do notice from the Mag-10? It's surprisingly satiating. I usually do 2 scoops of protein post workout and that holds me over for like 2 hours and I'll have a Quest bar. 1 scoop of Mag-10 is less than half the calories of the 2 scoops of protein (OEProtein) and only 20 grams of protein versus the 48 grams or so of protein from the two scoops of protein, yet it's as satiating if not more so.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
You know what I do notice from the Mag-10? It's surprisingly satiating. I usually do 2 scoops of protein post workout and that holds me over for like 2 hours and I'll have a Quest bar. 1 scoop of Mag-10 is less than half the calories of the 2 scoops of protein (OEProtein) and only 20 grams of protein versus the 48 grams or so of protein from the two scoops of protein, yet it's as satiating if not more so.
I agree, and do the exact same thing quite often. The fruit flavor of the mag 10 is a nice change from most proteins and then the quest bar satisfies the sweet tooth. They're a wicked combination.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, and do the exact same thing quite often. The fruit flavor of the mag 10 is a nice change from most proteins and then the quest bar satisfies the sweet tooth. They're a wicked combination.
Good lord does the Mag-10 and Plazma taste wretched though :p Even the bottles of flavouring it comes with doesn't help matters all that much (maybe I'm not using enough, but I'm using the amount as per stated on the flavouring bottle and these things have to last through all these tubs of Plazma and Mag-10 so... I'll just live with the bad taste). At least you know you are getting your moneys worth of raw ingredients because there's no mistaking the taste of a real quality hydrolysate.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Good lord does the Mag-10 and Plazma taste wretched though :p Even the bottles of flavouring it comes with doesn't help matters all that much (maybe I'm not using enough, but I'm using the amount as per stated on the flavouring bottle and these things have to last through all these tubs of Plazma and Mag-10 so... I'll just live with the bad taste). At least you know you are getting your moneys worth of raw ingredients because there's no mistaking the taste of a real quality hydrolysate.
Really I can't get enough of the taste. Try using more. I use the orange mostly and even if you use more than they say it lasts a while as I have many extra flavoring bottles.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really I can't get enough of the taste. Try using more. I use the orange mostly and even if you use more than they say it lasts a while as I have many extra flavoring bottles.
Maybe I'll bump it up to a full cap of flavouring then...

sideshowdoc

Awards
Do you notice if plasma does the same to your Apetite? Have you ever tried it intra workout?? Mag 10 definitely satiates me, in fact way too much so. If I use it intra it bloats me to no end, though I have seen some people on the t nation forums say that mag 10 does the same thing to them, but they have no problem with plasma.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you notice if plasma does the same to your Apetite? Have you ever tried it intra workout?? Mag 10 definitely satiates me, in fact way too much so. If I use it intra it bloats me to no end, though I have seen some people on the t nation forums say that mag 10 does the same thing to them, but they have no problem with plasma.
Haven't tried it intra since I have a few tubs of Amino IV on hand and Glycofuse. It could be a little gassy from the hydro casein but that I quickly went away. I don't know why Mag-10/hydro casein is pretty satiating though. Maybe the aminos signal satiation as you are getting a good dose of them into your system very quickly (quicker than freeform because di and tri peptides supposedly gets absorbed as a unit, meaning you're actually absorbing multiple aminos at a time into circulation).

sideshowdoc

Awards
Can you tell a diff digestion wise between plasma and just glycofuse since plasma is supposed to be top tier ingredients? And have you ever tried any other carbs intra you can compare to glycofuse like vitargo, waxy maize, karbolyn, etc?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you tell a diff digestion wise between plasma and just glycofuse since plasma is supposed to be top tier ingredients? And have you ever tried any other carbs intra you can compare to glycofuse like vitargo, waxy maize, karbolyn, etc?
It is in par but Plazma I think is more beneficial because you get a good dose of protein (15 grams of hydro casein) and 38 grams of very easy on the gut carbs along with a good dose of betaine and citrulline.

I dont like Karbolic or waxy maize, they don't sit in my gut well if I take them before training. Karbolyn was ok, I liked it, though I like HBCD better. Have not tried Vitargo.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Went ahead and just ordered 2 bottles. Excited to try this.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went ahead and just ordered 2 bottles. Excited to try this.
So far, it seems that muscle glycogen is better retained/replenished for me. The initial increased hunger thankfully tapered off after a few days.

Been trying to get the 80s up again for db flat bench (left shoulder is still slightly wonky, I've been trying to get them back up for like over a month now). So, will see if that happens soon :D

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So far, it seems that muscle glycogen is better retained/replenished for me. The initial increased hunger thankfully tapered off after a few days.

Been trying to get the 80s up again for db flat bench (left shoulder is still slightly wonky, I've been trying to get them back up for like over a month now). So, will see if that happens soon :D
Awesome. Glad to hear the hunger tapered off. And enhanced glycogen storage is always welcome, especially dieting. I hate feeling flat and soft lulz. Somebody in another thread called it the ugly duckling phase or something :lol:

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. Glad to hear the hunger tapered off. And enhanced glycogen storage is always welcome, especially dieting. I hate feeling flat and soft lulz. Somebody in another thread called it the ugly duckling phase or something :lol:
Yeah, I was a bit concerned about the hunger thing, lol.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I don't know if I am possibly the only one or if this is common occurrence with PA users, but the scale weight increase seems like it's impossible to drop. LoL. Calipers are showing that my bf% hasn't really increased but the scale weight has been consistent at 160/161 even though prior to PA supplementation, the scale weight held at 158. So something is going on and I suspect its better glycogen retention in muscle. Don't know if there's strength gains yet, I will test strength on Friday with db flat bench, I've been chasing after getting the 80s back up after doing it once over a month ago for 3 and then 2 reps. Aiming for at least 2 reps on them when I test strength on Friday. Every attempt for the past few weeks (tested it every other week basically) have been a miserable failure.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, I dont now if I am possibly the only one or if this is common occurrence with PA users, but the scale weight increase seems like it's impossible to drop. LoL. Calipers are showing that my bf% hasn't really increased but the scale weight has been consistent at 160/161 even though prior to PA supplementation, the scale weight held at 158. So something is going on and I suspect its better glycogen retention in muscle. Don't know if there's strength gains yet, I will test strength on Friday with db flat bench, I've been chasing after getting the 80s back up after doing it once over a month ago for 3 and then 2 reps. Aiming for at least 2 reps on them when I test strength on Friday. Every attempt for the past few weeks (tested it every other week basically) have been a miserable failure.
Interesting. And you've been on it a week now?
Mine should be arriving Thursday.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took my first dose today before my workout.

How are you guys dosing on off days? First thing? Or with breakfast?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took my first dose today before my workout.

How are you guys dosing on off days? First thing? Or with breakfast?
I don't have "off" days. My off day is cardio and forearms work. Maybe some dips and chins at the end. So I dose preworkout as usual.

Hit the 80s today successfully, so strength is up. Increased poundage on back work as well. Will see if this is a coincidence or if the strength gains continue to increase at a more frequent rate.

The weight gain is definitely their, without fat gain. I really suspect an increase in glycogen retention at work here.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't have "off" days. My off day is cardio and forearms work. Maybe some dips and chins at the end. So I dose preworkout as usual.

Hit the 80s today successfully, so strength is up. Increased poundage on back work as well. Will see if this is a coincidence or if the strength gains continue to increase at a more frequent rate.

The weight gain is definitely their, without fat gain. I really suspect an increase in glycogen retention at work here.
Right on.

I think I'll just take mine upon waking on an empty stomach unless someone says otherwise, on non-training days that is.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right on.

I think I'll just take mine upon waking on an empty stomach unless someone says otherwise, on non-training days that is.
On those days, I would recommend taking it 30 minutes before a big meal. Food is anabolic so it makes sense to take it before a big meal to optimize anabolism.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On those days, I would recommend taking it 30 minutes before a big meal. Food is anabolic so it makes sense to take it before a big meal to optimize anabolism.
Cool. I'll do that then.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been using PA for 5 days now, taking 6 caps twice a day. Figure I'll do that for another couple days then drop to 6 caps once a day. Nothing to report yet.