Personal Log - 2020 V2

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2 on creeping death 1. not sure if I will log. So far some brutal workouts. down in weight 176

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DOH did not see the message above! Creeping death is crazy

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 1 of Creeping Death 1 was pretty crazy. Definitely feeling more sore compared to grandmaster. I spread out 5 work outs (legs, chest&shoulders, back, chest & shoulders, arms) in 8 days (wed, fri, sun, tues, wed). The extra days between workouts has been working great and I feel better. I will keep it up like I did for grandmaster.

Last edited:
Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great chest & shoulder session
Dirty mirror just wanted to do a mirror check.
Faded CP sticker on my phone

Last edited:
Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upperbody looks good. Need to build some size on those legs!
Yes sir. That’s my goal. I feel like i made a bit of progress during GM and switching to front squats. I am hopeful that I continue progress with CD 1.

Last edited:
Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 2 back -> done. Tried out my landmine row single handle on meadows and 1 arm bb rows. Wow they felt so much better
4F1E7972-7534-4F39-8565-50FF0A375CE5.jpeg

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to add fuel to the CD fire, i jumped on a vasoblitz 2.5 month supply thanks to @The Solution.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 2 Arms was fun. Legs barely fully recovered today after 7 days, that's how brutal these session have been for me.

Stopped taking any preworkouts for about 4 going on 5 months. Only caffeine source is 1 cup of coffee + amino creamer, A+

IMG_0561.jpg

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
started my Vasoblitz yesterday with week 3 leg day. Brutal, leg annihilation. mind+muscle connection was great with Vasoblitz. It actually hit me really hard since I haven't taken any PWOs. Watermelon flavor is outstanding and refreshing.

*seated banded leg curls: orange ( 4 rounds of 12, 60 sec breaks)
*front squats: 135x8, 145x8, 155x8
*bb lunge/ bb back squat: 95x8 (each leg in 4 rep alternating fashion)/ 140x8, 105x8/ 150x8, 110x8/ 155x8
*band leg extensions: 4 rounds of 8
*RDL: 135x15, 135x13

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great workout this morning then got home to a nice lunch.

Dosing my vasoblitz on off days in the mid mornings with 5g creatine.

IMG_0567.jpg

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jot got done with week 3 back
After first couple sets i had invisible lat syndrom with vasoblitz
This handle is a beauty for these one arm rows
No joke barely 4th day on vasoblitz and i recovered so quick from my brutal leg workout.
85627018-DCAB-43BC-9BC1-DA334D39134E.jpeg

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arms yesterday and the pumps with vasoblitz was absolutely ridiculous. No joke, I could not rinse my beard after washing my face because of the blood in my arms. I am going to have to do a before and after arm workout measurement with tape to get some data on my next arm day

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vasoblitz update:

Day 11, Getting into week 2
* i’ve seen mention of all day pumps, but i have never really noticed this even when using it before.
* muscle recovery has definitely improved. I fee the soreness but not as pronounced. I’m glad i started taking this during week 3 of the program to really gauge this. It feels great to be able to walk around after leg days.
* the pumps and mind muscle connection are amazing. Specifically for upper body workouts. Legs are more mind muscle connection.
* haven’t noticed much in strength and endurance. These workouts are brutal and get me every time.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
didn't realize it was +2 weeks since updating. Still grinding it out. VasoBlitz treating me well, I also took a light/recovery week week of august 10th, got really busy with work and other home projects.
started incorporating a hack squat alternative using a foam roller in back to sort of simulate the movement.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
didn't realize it was +2 weeks since updating. Still grinding it out. VasoBlitz treating me well, I also took a light/recovery week week of august 10th, got really busy with work and other home projects.
started incorporating a hack squat alternative using a foam roller in back to sort of simulate the movement.
You ready to get Blitz3d soon :)?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arms workout yesterday (08/26/2020)

-BB Curl/Hammer Curls: 45x8,8,8,8,8,8/ 15x8,8,10x8,8,8,8 (6 rounds, 90s rest)
-DB Preacher: 25x6 (slow eccentric, rest 60s) > 10's x 34
-Banded Dual Handle Pushdowns/ Bench Dips: red band x 8/ ~bwx8 (5 rounds)
-Banded Dual handle reverse grip extensions: red band x 15 (4 rounds)

instantly felt pumps during warmups. First time doing any arm measurements 14.75" pre-workout -> 15.25" post-workout

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
brutal leg day and chest/shoulders over the weekend. Weight yo-yoing between 176-179, but just focusing on mirror changes.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Past 2 weeks dialed in my diet. Now this week consistently weighing in at 176. Set a front squat PR today so i’m happy. 175x5 3 sec eccentrics. Going to slightly raise calories next week to see how my body uses them to improve recovery or make some “gains”

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whats caloric intake at currently?
Lets dial it up and optimize that gym training!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats caloric intake at currently?
Lets dial it up and optimize that gym training!
I wasn’t counting calories or anything, since the pandemic i got used to just eating to be satiated and whatever was available at groceries and eyeballing measurements. I dialed it up last week and decided to measure and count everything. I am sitting at around 2000 cals, 176-177 lbs, 5’11”, not a big guy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I wasn’t counting calories or anything, since the pandemic i got used to just eating to be satiated and whatever was available at groceries and eyeballing measurements. I dialed it up last week and decided to measure and count everything. I am sitting at around 2000 cals, 176-177 lbs, 5’11”, not a big guy.
Damn
LETS EAT Man

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
*decided to cut CD 1 short and switched to Gamma Bomb leg block. I want to get more leg frequency.
*beat my numbers from last time i ran it (last time i finished GB was end of jan 2020.
*225x8 (3 sec ecc vs 225x7 last time) felt my form was better too.
*got my new independent squat stands from titan.
*up’d my caloried by around 200 and i felt freaking awesome. The pumps were insane. Vaso blitz is in full shine mode. I feel the mind muscle connections just warming up. On my last bottle so gonna have to place another order i. A couple weeks. Lemon drop my favorite flavor so far

Last edited:
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
*decided to cut CD 1 short and switched to Gamma Bomb leg block. I want to get more leg frequency.
*beat my numbers from last time i ran it (last time i finished GB was end of jan 2020.
*225x8 (3 sec ecc vs 225x7 last time) felt my form was better too.
*got my new independent squat stands from titan.
*up’d my caloried by around 200 and i felt freaking awesome. The pumps were insane. Vaso blitz is in full shine mode. I feel the mind muscle connections just warming up. On my last bottle so gonna have to place another order i. A couple weeks. Lemon drop my favorite flavor so far
keep the calories rolling
If you have not add 30-50g intra workout and a dash of sea salt

thank me later

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gamma bomb leg days are no joke!
They are brutal. I fell asleep on the floor after i showered and ate something. Good thing tomorrow is just football and the couch. I’ll do some stretching and foam rolling tho

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beating the books again.

Flat Bench (with pause) 135 vs 115. Huge difference. Not sure, if it is because I exhausted myself less without machines on my first exercise, but I did banded DB presses as an alternative and it got me pumped just as good or better.
BB OH Press 75 vs 65. Feeling good about the numbers. Day 2 done.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
still beating the books. My whole back is cooked. Day 3 back 09/17/2020. Will be enjoying my rest day.

1. one arm BB row: 50 vs 45 (3x8)
2. BB Row: 155 vs 115 (3x8)
3. Deadlift+ triple shrug: 235 vs 225 (5x5) .. used straps on the final set

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Legs Friday and arms yesterday. Also finished organizing my home gym. will post pic later. Morning walk and wifey fixing up brunch Steeler game day!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday was a fun day. Legs to start off week 2 and I went extra hard today to celebrate. almost threw up.
what was I celebrating? well, wife is prego...

8DD54077-59E0-4EAA-8C4B-F764159366BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
09/22/2020
Still beating the books on the meat and potato exercises.
1. Bb bench - 135x8, 155x8, 175x6> 135x7 > 115x7 vs 135x8, 155x8, 155x8> 115 > 105
2. Incline bb bench: 125 vs 115 (3x10)

Calories are up again this week so i am feeding vasoblitz. “Feeding” the supplement :).

Current supplements:
*generic multi ... maybe i’ll pick up ghost multi and give it a go?
*PES TruZMA
*BetanCourt creatine
*Vasoblitz
*all 9 aminos
*proteins - iso100 and coming soon BFF 80:20

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
09/28/2020 - 09/30/2020
Put in my three heavy days (Legs, Chest & Shoulders, Back) and continuing to beat the books. I've never used a belt before, so I bought an intro one a 4" rogue velcro one. Wow! squats and meadows rows felt so damn good. I am going to continue to belt up and get in my lower back work from the ones that are already programmed. Got a comment that I am looking bigger.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/2/2020 - Kicked off halloween season last night with Shaun of the Dead
*Leg extensions w/ band - Orange EliteFTS w/ spud inc. hamstinger attachments (6x15)
*Front Squats (slight heel elevation) pyramid sets of 8: 65, 75, 85, 95, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145
*Front Squat (descending, no heel elevation): 145, 125x7, 115, 105
*Lying leg curl w/band - Green EliteFTS w/ spud inc. hamstinger attachments (3x15)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/3/2020 - Arms
10/4/2020 - Rest Day
I've been up in weight for the better part of last week. 181 lbs. only about 2 lbs up but all clothes fitting the same so really hoping it is "gains". Not going to lie.. I am nervous and a bit scared of Week 12 first leg day. It looks absolutely brutal.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/5/2020 - Week 12 Day 1 (technically my 4th week of GB since I started the leg block)
Done and beat the books.

@The Solution need some advice. What would you recommend. I am so far loving the 2 leg sessions per week from gamma bomb and i would like to keep emphasizing legs. Would you recommend I do the 2 week de-load from gamma bomb and then redo the the leg block again? or something else.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
10/5/2020 - Week 12 Day 1 (technically my 4th week of GB since I started the leg block)
Done and beat the books.

@The Solution need some advice. What would you recommend. I am so far loving the 2 leg sessions per week from gamma bomb and i would like to keep emphasizing legs. Would you recommend I do the 2 week de-load from gamma bomb and then redo the the leg block again? or something else.
I would do the deload and then go the leg block.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/7/2020 - chest & shoulders
Still beating the book from last time i ran GB. Feels good. Insane pumps

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/9/2020
PR front squats belt: 185x5.3 (paused for like 20 sec and then grinded out 3 more)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/12/2020 - Legs. Great session

*Lying banded leg curls: Orangex8, 8, 8, 8> Green x 8 > Red x 8 * 35 partials (brutal)
*Adductor w/ Bands: Green x 8 ( 3 Rounds)
*Box Squats: 185x8, 8, 195x8, 205x 7
*Leg Extensions w/band: Green x 20, 20, 20, 20> 20 partials (absolutely insane burn)
*Back Squats with 3-4 sec eccentric: 155 x 6 (4 round)
*BB stiff leg DL: 135 x 9 (3/4 ROM)
*Standing Calf Raises: 155x10 (6 rounds)

absolutely cooked. Already getting sore ~2 hrs later. Had a lot of dirty meals over the weekend with bday celebrations but only gained 1 lbs.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/13/2020 - chest and shoulders
*bench - tried to PR only got 205x1, i’ll stick to doubles or triples next time i try to “PR”
*incline bench: 125x8 ( 3 sets)
*db flat bench: 25’s (4x8, slow eccentric and turn DBs to a ng for more stretch, 2 sec squeeze at the top) i made those 25’s feel like hell
*stretch pushups: 4x8
*bent over laterals: 15’s (3x15) pronated grip
*laterals 20 sec rest only: 10’s (3x10)
*bent over laterals: 10’s (3x35) ng, lots of swing partials

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/14/2020 - Back

*BB Row Using Single handles on incline bench: 115x8 (4 sets) this setup allows me to pull further and contract more
*1 arm BB row: 50x8 (4 sets)
*pull overs using KBs: 35 x 10 (4 sets)
*Rack pulls: 225x8, 225x8, 235x8
*Seated rows using single handles & band: Red ( 3 x10)
*Band good mornings: orange x 125 (125 stopping however many times needed. stopped around 3 times)
*Leg raises: 8 sets to failure

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/16/2020 - Legs

*Bands Leg Extension BF restriction: Green x failure (4 rounds, 30 sec)
*Speed Squats: 165x8, 8, 8, 6
*DB Walking Lunges: 25x10>17.5 x 10, 17.5 x 20, 20, 20 (each hand each leg---- brutal)
*Sissy Squats: 4x8

Note: making slight gains. today was absolutely brutal and legs were insanely pumped....and it is the lunges. Next cycle I will make sure I replace one of the leg extension or leg press movements with lunges.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10/17/2020 - arms.
i was planning to run another leg block of GB, but decided to cut back on no. Of workout days per week. Will be running the Building a monolith 5/3/1 instead next