PA vs ARA

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I still haven't tried PA lol.

Is there any research on soy lecithin and athletes/humans? I've never looked but perhaps there are some older papers that had not considered the PA relationship.
Check out the Wilson paper on Jissn

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm fully aware of wilson and other papers on oral PA supplementation. I was talking about those papers before this thread existed. My question was asking if anyone has looked for papers that are older that may not have identified PA as a factor related to SL supplementation.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only use stuff like Anabeta, Amentomax, and natty products so I should be good to go?
Yeah, I only stated what I stated as an fyi for other people whom do use PEDs.

I'm fully aware of wilson and other papers on oral PA supplementation. I was talking about those papers before this thread existed. My question was asking if anyone has looked for papers that are older that may not have identified PA as a factor related to SL supplementation.
The older papers I've looked through appeared to be mainly looking at the MOA at the cellular level for PA. I think it's a relatively new area of study looking at in vivo applications for it? So far it seems to be just viable for strength training applications as the data on sedentary people (looking into the area of a treatment for muscle wasting diseases and what not) came up as essentially ineffective.

Prior, TheScience pointed out that old school bb'ers were using soy lecithin in hopes of it being a phosph donor?

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
What they're saying (in their own adorable way) is they don't know the answer to your question

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What they're saying (in their own adorable way) is they don't know the answer to your question
Not really, it's pretty recent (relatively speaking) that applications for PA has been looked into.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not really, it's pretty recent (relatively speaking) that applications for PA has been looked into.
Right but that's not true for Soy Lecithin which has been around forever. Maybe there is a 60's study showing ergogenic effect of soy lecithin that was attributed to phosphytidylserine for example.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When will we see a product containing PA,LPA and PS...

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right but that's not true for Soy Lecithin which has been around forever. Maybe there is a 60's study showing ergogenic effect of soy lecithin that was attributed to phosphytidylserine for example.
I think most of the research has been looking at the lecithin as a PC, PS, and phosphorus source, so indirectly there has been research using lecithin? But it appears that the trend has gone towards isolating the various phospholipids and looking at the benefits of supplementation with the phospholipids in concentrated/isolated forms.

Biggest difference these days in the research appear to be looking more into dose timing as well?

young4life

Awards
  • Established
PC AND PS. What does this stand for for the under-educated ears (me lol)?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I started taken Lecithin in the early 80's

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prior, TheScience pointed out that old school bb'ers were using soy lecithin in hopes of it being a phosph donor?
Come to think of it, there was a recipe for a shake in The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding (I think that's where it was) that called for up to 2 tbsp of lecithin granules a day.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
They also used barley back then as pwo carbs.

All this sht is cyclical.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They also used barley back then as pwo carbs.

All this sht is cyclical.
It really does seem this way. Not to get too far off topic, but what you said makes me think about Ergonine including ferulic acid, considering that I have an old bodybuilding book from I think the late 80s that mentions gamma oryzanol as a supplement.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is a source marketing 15-20% PA soy lecithin for $175 a kilo.

That's about 2x the % of PA (8% PA in the fearn brand) you would get from an equivalent serving of Fearn.

But about 17 times the price lol. I bet some company bites though.

uwotmate

Awards
what would happen if you were to take a week break off pa? how many days would u have to go back on pa before u return to your previous pa levels

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
There is a source marketing 15-20% PA soy lecithin for $175 a kilo.

That's about 2x the % of PA (8% PA in the fearn brand) you would get from an equivalent serving of Fearn.

But about 17 times the price lol. I bet some company bites though.
Chinese or American?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Are there any capsule options instead of granules?I have gone through 2 containers and just wondering as I see a bunch of soy lecithin in cap form.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are there any capsule options instead of granules?I have gone through 2 containers and just wondering as I see a bunch of soy lecithin in cap form.
If you want quality PA products then this is my honest opinion:

-Biotest Micro PA
-Epiq Phosphatidic Acid
-Fuel One Phospha Build

Granules are cheapest, easiest way to get high doses of PA and you get other phospholipids which have benefits

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Biotest Micro PA
-Epiq Phosphatidic Acid
-Fuel One Phospha Build

Granules are cheapest, easiest way to get high doses of PA and you get other phospholipids which have benefits
So King is no good?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established

-Biotest Micro PA
-Epiq Phosphatidic Acid
-Fuel One Phospha Build

I see. I was just wondering... It's just easier to down a few caps then have to make a something with all the granules.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see. I was just wondering... It's just easier to down a few caps then have to make a something with all the granules.
I use the Fearn, just chew them up. Taste Good.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People are overcomplicating lol.
Take 2-3 Tablespoons of Granules, chew couple of sec and get it down with cold water.
It has mild nutty flavour.
The only thing i dont like with granules, after couple of months i am tired of the longlasting aftertaste

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So King is no good?
I noticed that I had some increased fullness pretty quickly after switching back to Micro-PA after running 2 bottles of the OG King, so, either the dosing is off there or something else. Just my experience, n=1

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed that I had some increased fullness pretty quickly after switching back to Micro-PA after running 2 bottles of the OG King, so, either the dosing is off there or something else. Just my experience, n=1
Same here.
Swithing to Micro PA, musclefullness,apettite came back

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People are overcomplicating lol.
Take 2-3 Tablespoons of Granules, chew couple of sec and get it down with cold water.
It has mild nutty flavour.
The only thing i dont like with granules, after couple of months i am tired of the longlasting aftertaste
I just let the granules dissolve in a glass of water for a few minutes and drink it. No need to chew, no aftertaste.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
OG King kicked in for me once I double-dosed for a week before switching to Fearn. I'd rather not repurchase

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OG King kicked in for me once I double-dosed for a week before switching to Fearn. I'd rather not repurchase
The best experience I had with PA was 2 caps of OG King + 1 tbs of Fearn.

Or it might have been 3 caps of the OG King + 1 tbs of Fearn SL

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone have any thoughts on Epiq PA ?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if King is underdosed.

I have an additional bottle, so I might try a 1.5 dose.
Tried doubledose of V1 And V2 . No pumps,no musclefullness,.. nothing. Went back to Micro PA and BAM! all those effects came back..

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, Epiq and the fuel:eek:ne products both use Mediator and fully dosed along with some extras. Price-wise, I haven't looked but the average price with typical discounts and what not probably brings it down to around $60, so it's priced the same (roughly) as Micro-PA but you do get an additional 8 servings out of it in comparison to Micro-PA.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was skeptical of epiq PA.....but I might jump on it

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was skeptical of epiq PA.....but I might jump on it
What's on the label is in the bottle with that one. They tell you exactly how much actual PA you're getting. I can't speak on value though, I didn't pay for my bottles so only speaking on it in regards to efficacy. Pricing does come out to be better than Micro-PA though (if you don't stupidly pay the full retail price for it that is).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's on the label is in the bottle with that one. They tell you exactly how much actual PA you're getting. I can't speak on value though, I didn't pay for my bottles so only speaking on it in regards to efficacy. Pricing does come out to be better than Micro-PA though (if you don't stupidly pay the full retail price for it that is).
Yeah I can't find a good place to buy it. They're all expensive as fudge.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If only it was that easy, haha.
Like my friend said (the one who bang many ladies).
Senad (my name), 1 of 10 girls in the pub gonna say yes if you ask them for sex. The worst thing is not asking. Lol

So dont give up. Ask them for discount;)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like my friend said (the one who bang many ladies).
Senad (my name), 1 of 10 girls in the pub gonna say yes if you ask them for sex. The worst thing is not asking. Lol

So dont give up. Ask them for discount;)
They only sell it at a chain store though. Those prices are pretty much set in stone. Epiq ASFAIK is exclusive to that one chain store in the US.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
They only sell it at a chain store though. Those prices are pretty much set in stone. Epiq ASFAIK is exclusive to that one chain store in the US.
GNC.. Bastards

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
^ Gave the game away. Smh :p
sorry :x I worked there. Hate the company. Constantly had ethic issues with working there.

Don't even get me started on how most sales associates I've met at GNCs in my region are so unqualified. One told me that in order to I se tribulus is need to use fenugreek as an estrogen blocker

They sell products worth 20 bucks for 100 lol. Ripping ppl off with vitapaks since I can remember.

The fuel one PA they have there is 90 dollars. Is that prices fairly? Lol

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry :x I worked there. Hate the company. Constantly had ethic issues with working there.

Don't even get me started on how most sales associates I've met at GNCs in my region are so unqualified. One told me that in order to I se tribulus is need to use fenugreek as an estrogen blocker

They sell products worth 20 bucks for 100 lol. Ripping ppl off with vitapaks since I can remember.

The fuel one PA they have there is 90 dollars. Is that prices fairly? Lol
That is why you don't buy it when it costs $90. LoL.