PA vs ARA

beef27

beef27

Awards
I read this whole thread and nobody has asked this question......would taking protein with lecithin granules or PA be complimentary to each other?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
For those of you going over 2 tablespoons, did you start at 2 and go up or just jump right in? I ask because I wonder if the benefit is worth the extra cost. Like "I was on 2 tablespoons but I REALLY feel the benefits at 3" type of deal. I am trying to assess if I should add more.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I read this whole thread and nobody has asked this question......would taking protein with lecithin granules or PA be complimentary to each other?
Yes and no.

You need protein regardless, just make sure you get in enough

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Comparing the 2 is tough with x-gels for as cheap as you can get them. Take both for maybe $40/month, great deal compared to other stuff out there.

beef27

beef27

Awards
So if I combine some fearns granules with my protein it will not interfere with protein absorbtion or vice versa?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So if I combine some fearns granules with my protein it will not interfere with protein absorbtion or vice versa?
Why would it interfere with protein absorption? Dose PA/SL granules pre-workout preferably, or pre/post, or post workout and eat/drink protein whenever you want.

beef27

beef27

Awards
because i saw on other boards and posts to take this alone and I was scratching my head why because it would seem to me protein and PA would work very well together

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
because i saw on other boards and posts to take this alone and I was scratching my head why because it would seem to me protein and PA would work very well together
Protein stimulates mTor. PA stimulates mTor. PA stimulates mTor more than protein, and they do not have an additive effect. But if it's convenient to eat/drink protein with your granules, then do it. Don't let a supplement determine your eating schedule.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm like one week into my second bottle of king v1, and i double dosed it for shoulders... my god they were huge.

but every workout after on 3 caps just doesn't seem to be the same now...

i might try x-gels next and see how that goes, everyone speak to highly of the x-gels/alpha max combo and its really tempting.

beef27

beef27

Awards
MA70 if that is the case it would be better not to dose with protein to get a better effect. I am not interested in convenience, but what is the most effective plan for results.

WigBrah

Awards
Someone posted a study in one of the PA threads. I don't have enough posts to link it, but Google "Mobley 2015 mtor" and you'll find it.

Cliff's Notes: [In rats] there is no synergistic benefit. In fact, it somewhat lessens protein synthesis.

beef27

beef27

Awards
WigBrah thanks man, that is exactly what I wanted to know

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
question for you PA experts

Soy is estrogenic right? have any of you noticed any estrogenic sides from PA

also what are you looking for in a good PA product ?
how does this look?
Calories 100 0%
Protein 0 Gm 0%
Carbohydrate 2 Gm 0%
Fat - (% OF CALORIES 90%) 12 Gm 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 6 Gm 0%
Linoleic Acid 4.05 Gm 0%
Linolenic Acid 520 Gm 0%
Saturated Fat 2 Gm 0%
Cholesterol - (0 MG/100 GM) 0 Mg 0%
Sodium - (30 MG/100 GM) 5 Mg 0%
Potassium - (1200 MG/100 GM) 180 Mg 0%
Vitamin A 0 0%
Vitamin C 0 0%
Thiamine 0 0%
Riboflavin 0 0%
Niacin 0 0%
Calcium 0 0%
Iron 0 0.04%
Vitamin E 0 0.08%
Phosphorus 0 0.5%
Magnesium 0 0.08%
PHOSPHATIDES 0 0.97%
Phosphatidylcholine 3520 Mg 0%
Phosphatidylethanolamine 3060 Mg 0%
Phosphatidylinositol 2140 Mg 0%
Choline 550 Mg 0%
Inositol 336 Mg 0%

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
question for you PA experts

Soy is estrogenic right? have any of you noticed any estrogenic sides from PA

also what are you looking for in a good PA product ?
how does this look?
Calories 100 0%
Protein 0 Gm 0%
Carbohydrate 2 Gm 0%
Fat - (% OF CALORIES 90%) 12 Gm 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 6 Gm 0%
Linoleic Acid 4.05 Gm 0%
Linolenic Acid 520 Gm 0%
Saturated Fat 2 Gm 0%
Cholesterol - (0 MG/100 GM) 0 Mg 0%
Sodium - (30 MG/100 GM) 5 Mg 0%
Potassium - (1200 MG/100 GM) 180 Mg 0%
Vitamin A 0 0%
Vitamin C 0 0%
Thiamine 0 0%
Riboflavin 0 0%
Niacin 0 0%
Calcium 0 0%
Iron 0 0.04%
Vitamin E 0 0.08%
Phosphorus 0 0.5%
Magnesium 0 0.08%
PHOSPHATIDES 0 0.97%
Phosphatidylcholine 3520 Mg 0%
Phosphatidylethanolamine 3060 Mg 0%
Phosphatidylinositol 2140 Mg 0%
Choline 550 Mg 0%
Inositol 336 Mg 0%
1.Soy is NOT estrogenic and that is just bad myth because it contain Isoflavones.
2.PA is phospholipid and does not have ANY effect on Estrogen

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What !! That's awesome news I've been misinformed for so long that soy is estrogenic.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What !! That's awesome news I've been misinformed for so long that soy is estrogenic.
It kind of is, as a phytoestrogen, but doesn't really lead to estrogen issues.

It can attenuate hypertrophy though, performing more poorly than almost any other protein source.

The protein is there, aminos and EAAs, but something about soy seemingly adds limitations to muscular growth.

That is all irrelevant to this topic though, PA is not going to give these effects, and SL is effective as a PA source

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It kind of is, as a phytoestrogen, but doesn't really lead to estrogen issues.

It can attenuate hypertrophy though, performing more poorly than almost any other protein source.

The protein is there, aminos and EAAs, but something about soy seemingly adds limitations to muscular growth.

That is all irrelevant to this topic though, PA is not going to give these effects, and SL is effective as a PA source
This. It depends on the type of soy product in question, and also the amount used. It is irrelevant with soy lecithin granules though, so there's nothing to worry about here. I wouldn't rely on soy products/foods as a source of protein, or as a significant part of your regular diet, but soy lecithin granules are great.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why though is it irrelevant with the soy granules though

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
The granules I have say take 1TBSP (6g) daily. Any ideas if I should go more?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
3 scoops at least to ensure you get at least 750mg PA if you're taking Fearns.
How much is that in actual granules? It doesn't state PA content. All it says is 1 tbsp is 6 grams. Put a tbsp in my shake this morning. Maybe take 2 more before my workout with my nitrates?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much is that in actual granules? It doesn't state PA content. All it says is 1 tbsp is 6 grams. Put a tbsp in my shake this morning. Maybe take 2 more before my workout with my nitrates?
Post up a label or link to the product.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Granules has 4-7% PA

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know how many tbsp to take based on the above photo?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best time to take??
Some PA studies split the 750mg into I think 450mg pre-workout and 300mg post-workout, so you could do 2tbsp pre and 1 post, or you could just do all 3tbsp pre. Some people don't mind taking it with their normal pre-workout, but it can slightly bother some people's stomach when taken on an empty stomach, so you could also take it with your pre-workout meal (preferably within 60-90 minutes or so of starting your workout). On rest days, just take them whenever, preferably with meals.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer