Other than PED's what drugs do you take to enhance their bodybuiling experience.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was referring to what sounded like driving high being illegal, and endangering the life of other people on the road.
Oh, okay. Stoners love to claim they drive better high. It can make you extra cautious for sure but it also slows down your reaction time a lot. I personally don’t like driving if I’ve smoked recently. I think it’s risky and choose not to do it. If I’m just slightly high it doesn’t matter much but I can’t drive if I’m baked.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, okay. Stoners love to claim they drive better high. It can make you extra cautious for sure but it also slows down your reaction time a lot. I personally don’t like driving if I’ve smoked recently. I think it’s risky and choose not to do it. If I’m just slightly high it doesn’t matter much but I can’t drive if I’m baked.
Haha, and how many people think they’re great singers or fighters when they’re drunk? Sometimes being too cautious isn’t good either, and as you mentioned, a big hit to reaction time isn’t good at all. Props to you for not driving baked man (serious).

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am not really sure where you're getting this idea that cannabis affects a heavy habitual user's reaction time one way or another. However I live in a state which thinks having a soda straw up to your lips constitutes a distraction, so I can see how far some ideas of proper reaction time might skew.

edsd

Awards
But is this actually reflected by performance and results, or just you thinking you have better mind muscle connection, like how some people think they’re good singers or fighters when they’re drunk, or how some people think their dog is speaking English to them, or ninjas are guarding their fridge when they’re high?
Haha I think there’s varying degrees of being stoned. I’m just high enough to slow down a bit. Same thing applies to music I listen to while I lift. I’m not one of those people who can listen to rage music. I prefer something slower more mellow while I lift. Some Brian Adams or sting always gets the job done.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For me it's sort of if at some point I stopped smoking I would probably get very tired and fall asleep. Most strains are a stimulant for me, but as they wear off will make me tired, so continual dosage must be maintained. This is just how I exist. This IS my sober.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
For me it's sort of if at some point I stopped smoking I would probably get very tired and fall asleep. Most strains are a stimulant for me, but as they wear off will make me tired, so continual dosage must be maintained. This is just how I exist. This IS my sober.
As a once habitual Marijuana smoker for my many many years myself. Much to the degree that you have described. I gotta say man, you don't realize the spiral your in until your not in it anymore. Not that it will destroy your life or get out of control or do any major harm (unless you get a marijuana DUI ). But that reaction time is much greater while sober. But at the same time will never be as it use to be before habitual marijuana use. I firmly believe that marijuana has slowed down my mental capability slightly. Not much. But enough for me to notice. After being clean for 4-5 years by choice I achieve a higher quality of life by being extremely motivated and not discouraged by intermediate task due to marijuana. Not to mention the caution of having to deal with something that's illegal and carry it around in your system for 30 days after use. For me no marijuana is better. ( I would have never said that a few years ago ). The occasional beer or night out and then back to maintaining discipline is best in my opinion. But by all means as long as it works for you and your still hittin the gym and your shaped like a god then more power to you bro.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not really sure where you're getting this idea that cannabis affects a heavy habitual user's reaction time one way or another. However I live in a state which thinks having a soda straw up to your lips constitutes a distraction, so I can see how far some ideas of proper reaction time might skew.
I’m not really sure where you’re getting that it DOESN’T. We know that marijuana worsens reaction time, therefore you are the one who would then be making the claim that it does not do so in habituated users, so the burden of proof is on you to show this. That’s how science works.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The part I bolded is an excuse made by too many addicts to count. It also in no way means that this new perma-stoned baseline you are masquerading as sober is somehow on par in regards to reaction time as you would be if you managed to be actually sober.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you administer first thing in the morning and continue all day there is no difference in the feeling between that and having not smoked. However my many mental maladies are subsided, rage, lack of focus, depression, anxiety, etc.

That first hour, I feel it relatively strongly. That fades back to zero and no amount of redosing will make it come back.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you administer first thing in the morning and continue all day there is no difference in the feeling between that and having not smoked. However my many mental maladies are subsided, rage, lack of focus, depression, anxiety, etc.
There may be no PERCEIVED difference, but there is unquestionably an objective and measurable difference.

This is just getting silly man. Marijuana can be used safely by many people, and has some legitimate benefits, but people deluding themselves into thinking it has no negatives at all and then proclaiming it to others is one reason why pot-heads get a bad name; it makes it seem like you’re too stoned to understand science.

Reactions: Nac
Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do lack the motivation required to refute you any longer, so there's that.

I won't even drive after a single drink of alcohol. If I wasn't sober, I wouldn't drive. We all know of a study or two which gives a false conclusion, for any subject. I know my mind and body very well. Let's just leave it there.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do lack the motivation required to refute you any longer, so there's that.

I won't even drive after a single drink of alcohol. If I wasn't sober, I wouldn't drive. We all know of a study or two which gives a false conclusion, for any subject. I know my mind and body very well. Let's just leave it there.
So since one or two studies in existence can be misleading, let’s just ignore all studies entirely. Genius!

You think you’re sober, but you’re not. You’re claiming that your high is sober because it’s preferable/better than the state of withdrawal that occurs when you try to stop using. Meth addicts claim the same thing. However, this withdrawal period eventually goes away, and the subsequent sober would be actually sober. It’s quite a simple concept really.

Your entire argument boils down to “I’m sober because I feel sober,” which is not scientifically or legally compelling, especially coming from someone who isn’t sober.

Reactions: Nac
Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is a concept I can fully grasp, however it does not change what I have said. It does not change my experience. The feeling is identical. At least, for myself it is.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a concept I can fully grasp, however it does not change what I have said. It does not change my experience. The feeling is identical. At least, for myself it is.
Your perceived experience or feeling is of no concern to me, or to the people you endanger when you drive high, which it sounds like you do consistently. I’m talking objective effects, not perceived effects.

Can someone who drives drunk justify it by saying they don’t feel drunk? It’s their “experience.” Why does your experience carry more weight and validity than theirs?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you want a negative effect? Try this on for size: because of my abuse of cannabis while my brain was still forming in early puberty, I cannot function at a normal level without it. Not only that, it has lost most of the effect it used to have when I was a kid. Even after as long as three years without it. Don't be like me. Keep weed fun for yourself. It's not fun for me, it's expensive. If I could be successful without it, I would have been when I was without it. Instead, I chose to quit and lost my physique as well, lost my whole life. Depression had me by the balls again and it was slowly replaced by rage. I ended up in jail and then homeless. I got a job, got some weed, and never looked back. Now I own a business.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your perceived experience or feeling is of no concern to me, or to the people you endanger when you drive high, which it sounds like you do consistently. I’m talking objective effects, not perceived effects.

Can someone who drives drunk justify it by saying they don’t feel drunk? It’s their “experience.” Why does your experience carry more weight and validity than theirs?
I think my driving record should speak for itself. (It's clean.)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There may be no PERCEIVED difference, but there is unquestionably an objective and measurable difference.

This is just getting silly man. Marijuana can be used safely by many people, and has some legitimate benefits, but people deluding themselves into thinking it has no negatives at all and then proclaiming it to others is one reason why pot-heads get a bad name; it makes it seem like you’re too stoned to understand science.
I'm just looking through studies (searched does cannabis increase rection time?) and it appears science supports the claim that habitial users do not suffer from increased reaction time.

Also, many years ago, whilst studying psychology (i majored in neurobiology), i recall being shocked to discover studies into driving under the influence of cannabis indicated canabis intoxication to significantly safer condition than sobre driving!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you want a negative effect? Try this on for size: because of my abuse of cannabis while my brain was still forming in early puberty, I cannot function at a normal level without it. Not only that, it has lost most of the effect it used to have when I was a kid. Even after as long as three years without it. Don't be like me. Keep weed fun for yourself. It's not fun for me, it's expensive. If I could be successful without it, I would have been when I was without it. Instead, I chose to quit and lost my physique as well, lost my whole life. Depression had me by the balls again and it was slowly replaced by rage. I ended up in jail and then homeless. I got a job, got some weed, and never looked back. Now I own a business.
How old are you?
Be interesting to see how cold turkey would treat you after 6 months, however I understand it would be an expensive trip!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm just looking through studies (searched does cannabis increase rection time?) and it appears science supports the claim that habitial users do not suffer from increased reaction time.

Also, many years ago, whilst studying psychology (i majored in neurobiology), i recall being shocked to discover studies into driving under the influence of cannabis indicated canabis intoxication to significantly safer condition than sobre driving!
I know all my younger friends into super fast paced high speed games love to smoke a lot, and they're all really damn good at it. Don't really think they could be very good if they were reacting more slowly than the other players.

Now dabs, that's another story for me, and if I was freshly smoked up off of good dabs I would be no good to drive for an hour or so depending on how much and how well concentrated. That's like smoking several grams at once though. I smoke about half a gram at a time. Repeat all day.

One time I drove around with a head full of acid in the middle of a blizzard.

I also have 20/100 vision according to the dmv and require glasses to drive, according to them, however I don't actually need them or use them.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How old are you?
Be interesting to see how cold turkey would treat you after 6 months, however I understand it would be an expensive trip!
I went cold turkey for three years at one point. I thought like everyone else that cannabis was just a hinderance. So I quit. Big mistake.

I'm younger than my life story should have me be, though I bet a lot of us can say that. I'm 32 and busted up like I'm 52. Thanks, drugs and violence.

Newth

Awards
Upto a quart a day and at worst a bottle also for close to 10 years, it took 5 years to fix properly after quitting. 2 years back in by choice. What I found out way later is this https://www.fusionhealth.com.au/products/memory is really good for balancing emotions and working memory withing a few months. If you ever want to quit weed (or most things really) take something like it for 2 months before tapering off.

And one question...
Does weed knock you out or hype you up?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think weed can improve performance for someone who used it a long time when focusing on one objective not two. I think a person that's depressed and is a bit in his own world could benefit from an anti depressive such as weed even though I don't think weed works as an anti depressive for everyone to remove this thoughts and be more focused on driving, typing on the computer etc. Obviously at a small dose. I still think reactiontime actuality gets worse on weed.

Weed can enhance or create bad feelings for me. I don't see much positive effects except being able to sleep easier and if smoking a tiny bit being more focused on one thing.. Having a conversation jumping through subjects or having two things to do at the same time = memory loss.

People are different but one thing I do know is to not smoke and drive, chances are you drive safer due to knowing you're high and cops are out there but no way it makes people step on the brake faster

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Washington? Lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Links/references? Show me one study showing that driving his is safer than driving sober? Here’s some that say the opposite.

Cannabis and alcohol acutely impair several driving-related skills in a dose-related fashion
Attentiveness, vigilance, perception of time and speed, and use of acquired knowledge are all affected by marijuana;18–21 in fact, a meta-analysis of 60 studies concluded that marijuana causes impairment in every performance area that can reasonably be connected with safe driving of a vehicle, such as tracking, motor coordination, visual functions, and particularly complex tasks that require divided attention
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

I think my driving record should speak for itself. (It's clean.)
By that logic, since some people smoke cigarettes and don’t have lung cancer, smoking cigarettes doesn’t cause lung cancer.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Links/references? Show me one study showing that driving his is safer than driving sober? Here’s some that say the opposite.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

By that logic, since some people smoke cigarettes and don’t have lung cancer, smoking cigarettes doesn’t cause lung cancer.
Sorry bud I dont have time to dig it up now. There is heaps of stuff onlune regarding reaction time though.

I read through the document you linked and it doesnt really say the opposite at all. The paper you linked discusses correlation between marijuana intoxication and road accidents (which seems to have a high variance at 6-32%); a meta-analysis of complex cognitive studies which seems to support functional impairment from marijuana intoxication; a lack of statistically significant results for stidies of marijuana intoxication and reaction speed; and the fact that marijuana intoxication DOES NOT IMPAIR DRIVING ABILITY UNDER EXPERIMENTAL CONDITIONS with some conjecture regarding why.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Without reading that from own experience I can say Marijuana does not improve reaction time. It hinders your memory, it can with experience become easy to tolerate and actually help perform a task because you're so focused on that specific task. Adding another task ****s you up, reading, conversations etc.. You do get paranoid sometimes and can hear a normal sound in the house thinking it's something else which makes you instantly move your head towards that direction.

They have studies showing Marijuana decrease driving accidents in Colorado etc.. Most likely due to people not drinking but smoking legally instead. I can say that one with experience with marijuana will drive better than an alcoholic

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry bud I dont have time to dig it up now. There is heaps of stuff onlune regarding reaction time though.

I read through the document you linked and it doesnt really say the opposite at all. The paper you linked discusses correlation between marijuana intoxication and road accidents (which seems to have a high variance at 6-32%); a meta-analysis of complex cognitive studies which seems to support functional impairment from marijuana intoxication; a lack of statistically significant results for stidies of marijuana intoxication and reaction speed; and the fact that marijuana intoxication DOES NOT IMPAIR DRIVING ABILITY UNDER EXPERIMENTAL CONDITIONS with some conjecture regarding why.
Coca-Cola Looking To Produce Pot-Infused Drinks

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-17/coca-cola-looking-produce-pot-infused-drinks

My new Pre-Workout

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The part at the end that you capitalized isn’t a quote from the paper, and the study found that some studies noted impairment and some didn’t, with different parameters and/or situations being analyzed. Did you only read the section discussing the studies that showed no impairment and neglect the section discussing studies that did? The best you can say is that it may not impair driving ability; to say that it improves driving ability/safety above being sober is something that you would have to demonstrate, which you have not.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The part at the end that you capitalized isn’t a quote from the paper, and the study found that some studies noted impairment and some didn’t, with different parameters and/or situations being analyzed. Did you only read the section discussing the studies that showed no impairment and neglect the section discussing studies that did? The best you can say is that it may not impair driving ability; to say that it improves driving ability/safety above being sober is something that you would have to demonstrate, which you have not.
Look man, my original point was that it's erroneous to say that marijuana intoxication impairs driving ability and reaction time, and that there are studies (at least one I can remember reading) that show marijuana intoxication may even decrease the probability of causing an accident (which adds weight against the hypothesis that intoxication impairs driving ability), and many studies that fail to demonstrate significant impairment to reaction time.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look man, my original point was that it's erroneous to say that marijuana intoxication impairs driving ability and reaction time, and that there are studies (at least one I can remember reading) that show marijuana intoxication may even decrease the probability of causing an accident (which adds weight against the hypothesis that intoxication impairs driving ability), and many studies that fail to demonstrate significant impairment to reaction time.
When you remember/find the one that showed it decreased the chances of causing an accident, you get back to me. Until then, all I can do is concede that some levels of marijuana intoxication may not impair driving skills, and there isn’t even a consensus on this. For you to say that it actually improves driving ability is something you will have to provide evidence for. Surely we can agree at least that if you’re absolutely baked you probably shouldn’t be driving.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am not a weed smoker, I did in my late teens and early 20's tho and I have to say that my senior year of high school i was 32-0 wrestling and I smoked every day. I never got paranoid from smoking. Never got in a accident. Was on the honer role. From 18-22 I fought professionally 3-0 boxing, 1-1 mma. Just about every guy I trained with smoked regularly and there is no better test of reaction time then boxing defense. For the majority of habitual users it does not effect reaction time.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pro mma fighters are always failing for weed. The Diaz brothers, jon jones, ect.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pro mma fighters are always failing for weed. The Diaz brothers, jon jones, ect.
Why they are being tested for something that enhances nothing in their realm of performance and helps with their pain, is so beyond me.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just don’t see why people can’t live life sober.. I would hate to have to rely on some drug to just feel normal and alter my state of mind. Of course people are going to defend marijuana that are heavy users but it’s nondifferrnt than any other drug say like xanax. I got them prescribed when I really had issues with anxiety and nerves but man that **** makes you feel so down and almost numb to the world.. of course everything in moderation I believe is ok.. but with most weed smokers, at least what I have seen and been around, it’s an everyday thing. That **** alters your mind I don’t care what anybody says and
Anyone who uses any chemical or drug on the daily has a problem. But again just an opinion so nobody come lashing out at me and ****

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don’t see why people can’t live life sober.. I would hate to have to rely on some drug to just feel normal and alter my state of mind. Of course people are going to defend marijuana that are heavy users but it’s nondifferrnt than any other drug say like xanax. I got them prescribed when I really had issues with anxiety and nerves but man that **** makes you feel so down and almost numb to the world.. of course everything in moderation I believe is ok.. but with most weed smokers, at least what I have seen and been around, it’s an everyday thing. That **** alters your mind I don’t care what anybody says and
Anyone who uses any chemical or drug on the daily has a problem. But again just an opinion so nobody come lashing out at me and ****
^^^Signed.
I'm in favor that anyone can choose to use anything, while not harming others. Personally, I'm currently not addicted to anything, apparently don't have the gene for addiction. If others are addicted, don't ask me for help, as its a question of choice and discipline. Can't help someone without discipline, same for fat people who can't stop eating crap. No empathy from me.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
People have to take Paxil or Prozac etc every day to stay sane and it isn't much of a choice for them. In this realm of training we self prescribe all the time. I see my usage of cannabis as no different. Everyone has an opinion. This is mine.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People have to take Paxil or Prozac etc every day to stay sane and it isn't much of a choice for them. In this realm of training we self prescribe all the time. I see my usage of cannabis as no different. Everyone has an opinion. This is mine.
Man I wish I was in a legal state. I'm just to much of a puzzy to smoke very often, since it is illegal.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Clearly you havent experienced the utter euphoria from opiates. That's how.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes but I have of course used adderall which makes you feel damn great, but you have to know to be in control of the drug not let the drug control you.. I just don’t get it I guess because heroin or opiates actually permanently change your brain chemistry and then that’s it there’s no coming back. Other things like steroids or my trt... can be stopped and your not throwing up, having seizures or any other ****.. the thing is I don’t feel bad for people who get on those harsh drugs like the opiates and pain pills because they do it to themselves.. it’s a fuking choice.. no one forces you to take that ****.. and everyone knows what they do and how bad they are.. I just don’t get it.. can you really blame me for my opinion?

Newth

Awards
Yes but I have of course used adderall which makes you feel damn great, but you have to know to be in control of the drug not let the drug control you.. I just don’t get it I guess because heroin or opiates actually permanently change your brain chemistry and then that’s it there’s no coming back. Other things like steroids or my trt... can be stopped and your not throwing up, having seizures or any other ****.. the thing is I don’t feel bad for people who get on those harsh drugs like the opiates and pain pills because they do it to themselves.. it’s a fuking choice.. no one forces you to take that ****.. and everyone knows what they do and how bad they are.. I just don’t get it.. can you really blame me for my opinion?
Opiates and amphetamines are like apples and oranges. One works on the CNS the other in the opiate system, we make opiates ourselves, eat sugar and learn how good they are...cannabinoids have a similar system.

Just because you don't get it and haven't tried it doesn't mean the best outlook is "**** you, you did it to yourself".

Your saying people aren't allowed to make dick head mistakes growing up....don't be so narrow minded.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Everyone makes mistakes. Some peoples mistakes are different and worse than others. I made that mistake. Was drawn in by weed and my older brother telling me how awesome these pills were. Dont tell me you havent ever made a mistake. Not everyone makes a conscious decision to say "hey heroin sounds great and you know what else sounds great? Fcking up my life and everything i know and love." These people who have this problem suffer like you couldnt imagine and dont need people like you to be an as*hole about it. And just because youve been addicted doesnt mean theres no going back. I know plenty of people who were just as lost as i was and are now just as sober as i am. Not trying to be a d1ck but your opinion is narrow minded and coming from the wrong mindset in my opinion. You're not required to rethink your opinion but i dont like it when people who dont know sh1t about it talk down on those who suffer with addiction. Fck that

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have I'm not a fan. Stim were my thing until my body completely rejected them. Even decent amount of caffeine puts me in so much fuking pain. I'm a psychedelic fan now but no were near addicted to them.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone makes mistakes. Some peoples mistakes are different and worse than others. I made that mistake. Was drawn in by weed and my older brother telling me how awesome these pills were. Dont tell me you havent ever made a mistake. Not everyone makes a conscious decision to say "hey heroin sounds great and you know what else sounds great? Fcking up my life and everything i know and love." These people who have this problem suffer like you couldnt imagine and dont need people like you to be an as*hole about it. And just because youve been addicted doesnt mean theres no going back. I know plenty of people who were just as lost as i was and are now just as sober as i am. Not trying to be a d1ck but your opinion is narrow minded and coming from the wrong mindset in my opinion. You're not required to rethink your opinion but i dont like it when people who dont know sh1t about it talk down on those who suffer with addiction. Fck that
Agreed!!!

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bradleyt1 the first time I tried opiates it was the result of getting my teeth knocked in during a basketball game. My whole mouth was a bloody mess and I left the hospital with a prescription. I took the pills and was like, “oh ****, I don’t feel physical pain anymore, and I’m happy, and I’m social, and I don’t even remember what sadness and anxiety means.” That’s how it began for many people in this generation. They didn’t go out and seek drugs. They didn’t say, “hey, I think I wanna see what it’s like to be a junky!” I’d never been high or drunk in my life up until that point. But it changed my life course for several years. Anyway, I don’t mean to preach, but realize that theirs a million factors that goes into a human being’s decision to alter their mind, and you only see the world through the lense of your own life circumstances.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for helping me better understand these things guys. I really didn’t want to come off narrow minded

Newth

Awards
I have I'm not a fan. Stim were my thing until my body completely rejected them. Even decent amount of caffeine puts me in so much fuking pain. I'm a psychedelic fan now but no were near addicted to them.
That must suck with stims.
One thing I really like about medium dose acid is redosing the next morning after waking. Far less of the visual or emotional affliction that usually goes with it.

If you haven't read and have time take a look at this.....
https://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Explorers-Guide-Therapeutic-Journeys/dp/1594774021

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
many people need drugs just to feel normal people with ptsd, bi polar, schizophrenic etc many people have degenerated disease, diabetes,pain etc. what about cancer patients aids patients. i dont think its fair to lump anyone that takes a drug on a regular basis as having a problem..

Newth

Awards
bradleyt1 the first time I tried opiates it was the result of getting my teeth knocked in during a basketball game. My whole mouth was a bloody mess and I left the hospital with a prescription. I took the pills and was like, “oh ****, I don’t feel physical pain anymore, and I’m happy, and I’m social, and I don’t even remember what sadness and anxiety means.” That’s how it began for many people in this generation. They didn’t go out and seek drugs. They didn’t say, “hey, I think I wanna see what it’s like to be a junky!” I’d never been high or drunk in my life up until that point. But it changed my life course for several years. Anyway, I don’t mean to preach, but realize that theirs a million factors that goes into a human being’s decision to alter their mind, and you only see the world through the lense of your own life circumstances.
First time was getting a cyst pierced on a vas deferen. Red was the best flavour and the world was great.