Other OTC anti-e veredicts?

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
There is currently a thread about arimistane going on and i think out of the OTC anti-e substances on products like these, it seems to be the one that gets discussed around most often nowadays.

But there are a few other compounds out there id like to hear what is the current opinion on:

- Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid
- Indole-3-Carbinol
- Resveratrol
- Diindolylmethane (DIM)
- Calcium D-Glucarate
- Boerhaavia Diffusa
- Brassaiopsis Glomenulata
- Chrysin
- Atractylodes Macrocephala
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine

Are these all bunk for controlling or even reducing estrogen? Anyone had sucess or can attest to any of these compounds actually working?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pharma, UGL, Arimistane. Otherwise don't bother.

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
Pharma, UGL, Arimistane. Otherwise don't bother.
Disagree. Products like SNS Inhibit E and BLR Letrone are amazing as OTC ai's. Obviously don't rely on anything but pharma for cycling anabolics, but for natty cutting cycles or to help harden up, letrone and inhibit E are both great products

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The first ingredient on your list most certainly is most effective. People have bloods posted showing significant drop in e2. DIM works for me as well but much less potent. Some people take DIM all year round

THEstudent

Awards
Any Brassaiopsis Glomenulata based products work very well for estrogen control. The key with estrogen is you want it controlled not destroyed.

Wagner83

Awards
Vitamin k2 mk4, vitamin e, methylene blue, white button mushrooms broth (really potent).

For white button mushroom broth, boil 3-400 grams of sliced white button mushrooms without lid for 10-15 mn, then lightly boil it for 2-3 hours with a lid pour the resulting broth in whatever bottle you like and drink over a few days. This is pretty potent depending on the dilution and how much you drink, drinking the broth warm is better, I'd use 1-2 L of water and drink over a few days - a week, if low estrogens sides come up use less or less frequently.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back alley lol
UGL is back alley now? Lol. Not quite.

Guess people still don't realize the best UGLs in the county all have posted bloodwork and top purity.

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
UGL is back alley now? Lol. Not quite.

Guess people still don't realize the best UGLs in the county all have posted bloodwork and top purity.
Im using UGL mk677 right now. I was just saying it how he said it for comical relief. I know many UGL's are very good to go

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is currently a thread about arimistane going on and i think out of the OTC anti-e substances on products like these, it seems to be the one that gets discussed around most often nowadays.

But there are a few other compounds out there id like to hear what is the current opinion on:

- Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid
- Indole-3-Carbinol
- Resveratrol
- Diindolylmethane (DIM)
- Calcium D-Glucarate
- Boerhaavia Diffusa
- Brassaiopsis Glomenulata
- Chrysin
- Atractylodes Macrocephala
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine

Are these all bunk for controlling or even reducing estrogen? Anyone had sucess or can attest to any of these compounds actually working?
They can help control cortisol. You also need to try and control cortisol naturally as well. Try to reduce stress in your life, go to bed earlier, eat healthier, etc.

Here is a good thread about DHAA, which you referenced.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/239618-abieta-8-11-a.html

Additionally, I would look into Rhodiola Rosea.

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-beat-stress-with-rhodiola-rosea

Lastly, Ashwagandha is great for reducing cortisol, it is cheap, and it even has performance benefits.

If healthy people take 3-5 ashwagandha capsules every day, their muscle strength and lean body mass increase and their fat percentage decreases. In addition, taking this herb, which is used in the ayurveda tradition, reduces the chance of cardiovascular disease. Researchers at the ICMR Advanced Centre for Reverse Pharmacology in Traditional Medicine discovered this.
http://www.ergo-log.com/ashwagandha-strength-lean-body-mass-fat-percentage.html

If infertile men take three capsules containing Ashwagandha – Latin name Withania somnifera – every day for a couple of months, their testosterone level rises by 17 percent and their sperm cell concentration increases by 167 percent. Doctors at Mahalaxmi Clinic in Mumbai, India write about it in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
http://www.ergo-log.com/human-study-ashwagandha-boosts-testosterone-level.html

This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4658772/

Withania somnifera may therefore be useful for generalized weakness and to improve speed and lower limb muscular strength and neuro-muscular co-ordination. Terminalia arjuna may prove useful to improve cardio-vascular endurance and lowering systolic blood pressure. Both drugs appear to be safe for young adults when given for mentioned dosage and duration.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996571/

Ashwagandha improved the cardiorespiratory endurance of the elite athletes.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545242/

The percentage of fat declined in both groups, but the ashwagandha users lost more than the members of the placebo group. The researchers used the bioelectrical impedance method to measure the fat percentage. [We have our doubts about the reliability of this method, as we also do about the method the researchers used to measure muscle mass.]
http://ergo-log.com/daily-600-mg-ashwagandha-helps-resistance-trainers-build-more-muscle-and-lose-more-fat.html

The treatment group that was given the high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract exhibited a significant reduction (P<0.0001) in scores on all the stress-assessment scales on Day 60, relative to the placebo group. The serum cortisol levels were substantially reduced (P=0.0006) in the Ashwagandha group, relative to the placebo group. The adverse effects were mild in nature and were comparable in both the groups. No serious adverse events were reported.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573577/

The results seen here are likely due to a variety of effects of ashwagandha, but its adaptogenic properties probably played a major role in its ability to increase speed and strength. Ashwagandha has many beneficial effects that make it worthwhile for athletes to supplement with, and the direct ergogenic benefits shown here make it an even more valuble addition to the supplement plan of any athlete
http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/ashwagandha-2/

There is a reason why companies are putting this in their supplements (AlphaMax XT and M-Test). And you have the option of adding it into your stack for a very cheap price. Look for the Jarrow brand Ashwagandha. Again, it will not boost your testosterone levels to abnormal heights, but it will aid in boosting your levels, aid in improving performance, and reduce stress/cortisol levels.

These ingredients can help, but they are not miracle pills. Use these, but also look into ways to make your life less stressful.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
They can help control cortisol. You also need to try and control cortisol naturally as well. Try to reduce stress in your life, go to bed earlier, eat healthier, etc.

Here is a good thread about DHAA, which you referenced

There is a reason why companies are putting this in their supplements (AlphaMax XT and M-Test). And you have the option of adding it into your stack for a very cheap price. Look for the Jarrow brand Ashwagandha. Again, it will not boost your testosterone levels to abnormal heights, but it will aid in boosting your levels, aid in improving performance, and reduce stress/cortisol levels.

These ingredients can help, but they are not miracle pills. Use these, but also look into ways to make your life less stressful.
Thanks man. Appreciate the thorough reply.... but i was asking about these for estrogen control, not cortisol.

Is there a connection between cortisol and estrogen that i dont know about? or you went on this direction for some other reason?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dont think you will find a better profile than Inhibit E...especially at that price
Inhibit E ftw. Tried and true ingredients at the standard SNS low price.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I would rather eat mass amounts of broccoli then trust arimistane for estrogen control

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would rather eat mass amounts of broccoli then trust arimistane for estrogen control
Wat? The data on arimistane is fantastic compared to alternatives. Anecdotally, go talk to people who have used Inhibit-E (version 1) at 3 caps a day and ask how crushing it was to estro lmao.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Black Lion Research Letrone is a good option for an OTC AI. Letrone contains atractylodes macrocephala, which is shown to reduce estrogen in men by 97%. Therefore, it’s great for lean muscle building, fat loss, and hardening.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wat? The data on arimistane is fantastic compared to alternatives. Anecdotally, go talk to people who have used Inhibit-E (version 1) at 3 caps a day and ask how crushing it was to estro lmao.
Data on Arimistane? The only data i have seen is people still getting Gyno and thier bloodwork showing thier Estrogen had rocketed. Why do people still try to sell this off as an aromatase inhibitor? Its clearly not.. It only has some positives on cortisol control thats it. Thats why it can be picked up for pennys these days as it just isn't as effective as everyone thinks.

If your cycling compounds and still look to arimistane to keep your levels in control... Be ready for the outcome. Also if your running bigger compounds then you really should have a Anti E like Arimidex or Exemestane on hand even if you dont have any signs of gyno you will still need it just incase. And also.. A small dose will keep your bloat down and keep your levels levels balanced.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know what the data shows, I also know it did nothing for me on 2 different attempts

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know what the data shows, I also know it did nothing for me on 2 different attempts
Still seems like people are trying anything to still sell this supplement.. What they dont realise is it doesn't help estrogen at all and thier fore could actually cause more damage for the person. A wish company's would stop marketing it like this