Older wiser and just broke my old record

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Shooting for 205? Are you still at 176 or is your profile out of date? If so that’s quite a jump.

I just updated mine to 171, 5 lbs. heavier than when I joined in October. My goal has been to gain ½ lb. each week and I’m pretty close to that. If I keep this up until my next physical around April my doc is going to go ape-$hit when he sees how much weight I’ve gained. The last time he did but my blood work was actually better and my heart rate and BP stayed the same as when I was running. He still wanted me to go back to running saying it was healthier. To which I responded asking if it was really healthy to have been running 70-100 miles a week like I was. Besides I will never stop Deadlifting if possible since it’s the only thing that’s ever stopped my lower back pain from a ruptured lumbar disk.

@ TT Thanks for mentioning Sprouts, I hadn’t thought check there. I got mine at WallyWorld (Walmart) but they didn’t have extra virgin.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Shooting for 205? Are you still at 176 or is your profile out of date? If so that’s quite a jump.

I just updated mine to 171, 5 lbs. heavier than when I joined in October. My goal has been to gain ½ lb. each week and I’m pretty close to that. If I keep this up until my next physical around April my doc is going to go ape-$hit when he sees how much weight I’ve gained. The last time he did but my blood work was actually better and my heart rate and BP stayed the same as when I was running. He still wanted me to go back to running saying it was healthier. To which I responded asking if it was really healthy to have been running 70-100 miles a week like I was. Besides I will never stop Deadlifting if possible since it’s the only thing that’s ever stopped my lower back pain from a ruptured lumbar disk.

@ TT Thanks for mentioning Sprouts, I hadn’t thought check there. I got mine at WallyWorld (Walmart) but they didn’t have extra virgin.
I was up to 195 before the arm issue started in and I had to take a break. 205 was always the sweet spot before I would start cutting. I would end up around 176-181. This time, I really should start cutting now, I still have to deal with the TRT issue.

Today I'm 114/70 @ 64 bpm, not bad if I say so myself. I fractured two lumbar vertabre, the only thing that stops the pain is working out. The vertabre healed but the disks remind me on a daily basis with some pain. I dead lift with a belt to remind me to keep my lower back straight as possible, I use a nautlis machine to control the range of motion. The bar is 1.5 times higher off the floor vs 45lb plates off of the floor, protects the lumbar area of the back. Some use the smith machine in the same way, same benefit and control. So far I've had good results, maybe because I have to set the weight back down each time.

I found a store here that sells the extra virgin coconut oil, they also sell on-line...The Raisin Rack.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I haven't purchased coconut oil in a while, but I used to get it at a store called "Sprouts," which is in Texas and other western states.
I'll look for extra virgin coconut oil next time I'm down there.

I've used it for frying up some German potato pancakes. But yeah, it's pretty much solidified at room temperature.

-TT
I get my coconut oil online from Vitacost for about $20 for a 54 oz jug. The melting/solidifying point for CO is 76 degrees. Great thing is it never spoils. Just used 3 tablespoons this AM for my sunnyside up eggs and then used the remaining heated oil on my english muffin. Nothing like a tasty extra virgin in the morning LOL.

TT, make a few extra of those Pfannekuchen for me. I'm on the way and bringing the Apfelmus.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I was up to 195 before the arm issue started in and I had to take a break. 205 was always the sweet spot before I would start cutting. I would end up around 176-181. This time, I really should start cutting now, I still have to deal with the TRT issue.

Today I'm 114/70 @ 64 bpm, not bad if I say so myself. I fractured two lumbar vertabre, the only thing that stops the pain is working out. The vertabre healed but the disks remind me on a daily basis with some pain. I dead lift with a belt to remind me to keep my lower back straight as possible, I use a nautlis machine to control the range of motion. The bar is 1.5 times higher off the floor vs 45lb plates off of the floor, protects the lumbar area of the back. Some use the smith machine in the same way, same benefit and control. So far I've had good results, maybe because I have to set the weight back down each time.

I found a store here that sells the extra virgin coconut oil, they also sell on-line...The Raisin Rack.
OG, I wrecked a couple vertebrae in a 70 mph head on crash back in '87. My back workouts became a priority to help me overcome it since I refused any operation. Now for years I have been promoting Rack Deads either in the Rack or on the SM. I am back up to 5 X 420 and working towards my goal of a single @ 500 before Summer.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established

oldguns,

I've been meaning to stop by for a while. Just wanted to say your blood pressure and pulse rates are good. I injured my back at the age of 14, and went through several periods where I could not straighten up to walk. What I learned from that was to keep my abs really, really strong and tight with lots of muscle, and it has a natural effect similar to a weight belt all the time. This is very protective of your spine. I'm talking about much more ab strength then the typical bodybuilder here, obsessively powerful abs. Even when I couldn't do much else with an injured knee, I worked my abs.

I should start adding some rack deads like you guys too.

BTW, I use coconut oil for eating and cooking too. it replaced canola oil for me about 18 months ago. Extra Virgin Olive oil is good but won't hold up to cooking temps.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
oldguns,

I've been meaning to stop by for a while. Just wanted to say your blood pressure and pulse rates is good. I injured my back at the age of 14, and went through several periods where I could not straighten up to walk. What I learned from that was to keep my abs really, really strong and tight with lots of muscle, and it has a natural effect similar to a weight belt all the time. This is very protective of your spine. I'm talking about much more ab strength then the typical bodybuilder here, obsessively powerful abs. Even when I couldn't do much else with an injured knee, I worked my abs.

I should start adding some rack deads like you guys too.

BTW, I use coconut oil for eating and cooking too. it replaced canola oil for me about 18 months ago. Extra Virgin Olive oil is good but won't hold up to cooking temps.
I'm back, the granddaughter wanted to use my computer, afterwards I had to send it over to my brother-in-laws to get it straightened out, it's nice to have an IT guy in the family.

I'm still out of the gym, tendonitis oh well, Tuesday I'm going back to start cardio, core and legs delaying the use of the arm. I think I can behave, maybe not. Anyway, I took the day off, planning to send the morning working on, core and leg workouts. In the afternoon, I'm having an appt. with a new urologist, it's time to take care of that issue also ! Due to the TRT issues, I'm going into a cut to drop body weight, and just wait it out until I get my numbers where they need to be before I try again. The wife cut my cal. intake again, increased my water intake and slow things until I get a grip on this issue.

I agree that improving ab strength will assist the back even more so now is the time to focus on rehab of the old injury. I'll know more after this next appt. so until then I have to get back at it. The arm is going to take time until then there's plenty of work to do.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
OG, I wrecked a couple vertebrae in a 70 mph head on crash back in '87. My back workouts became a priority to help me overcome it since I refused any operation. Now for years I have been promoting Rack Deads either in the Rack or on the SM. I am back up to 5 X 420 and working towards my goal of a single @ 500 before Summer.
After my injury, I was told never to lift anything off the floor, never carry over 45lbs or lift anything over my head. The pain was off the charts, nothing helped so I quit taking anything and returned to the gym after many years away. Dutchman, you and I are a work in progress....

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
After my injury, I was told never to lift anything off the floor, never carry over 45lbs or lift anything over my head. The pain was off the charts, nothing helped so I quit taking anything and returned to the gym after many years away. Dutchman, you and I are a work in progress....
Hang in there OG, Rack Deads will really help you out. I built up from nothing, same as on my pull-ups and now I am killing both of them quite heavy. My back is stretched out, very wide and strong. Now I can do all the things my Doc said I would/should never do again LOL! Start your progression on both, low, and your back will love it. BTW, you should be getting some decent pain relief from the Cissus. It seems to kill any pain for me so I don't need the Big Pharma crap. You're gonna be just fine, keep your eye on your goal and we will all be cheering for you when you hit the top!

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Hang in there OG, Rack Deads will really help you out. I built up from nothing, same as on my pull-ups and now I am killing both of them quite heavy. My back is stretched out, very wide and strong. Now I can do all the things my Doc said I would/should never do again LOL! Start your progression on both, low, and your back will love it. BTW, you should be getting some decent pain relief from the Cissus. It seems to kill any pain for me so I don't need the Big Pharma crap. You're gonna be just fine, keep your eye on your goal and we will all be cheering for you when you hit the top!
I took the advise of the Village Shaman, Cissus has made a big difference so far. Also the stinging nettle root, D3 and RYR have been added to the daily mix. The back pain is up a little, however I've been out of the gym for 60 days over this arm issue along with the TRT screwup. Thankgoodness, it will end tomarrow, I'm back at it...reguardless. I've noticed a big difference at work, even with all the walking I do daily, the knees are feeling great, no pain!

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Dutch,
I did end up buying 3 bottles of Super Cissus. I'm thinking of adding those rack deads you guys are using very soon. I'm going to work my damaged knee a lot when I start the cissus too.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Dutch,
I did end up buying 3 bottles of Super Cissus. I'm thinking of adding those rack deads you guys are using very soon. I'm going to work my damaged knee a lot when I start the cissus too.
Damn replied and lost it again. Go for it Tuber, you won't be dissappointed with the Cissus. You'll love the rack deads just start out slow and work into high weight/low rep eg 5 or 6. I precede them with 3 X 20 @ at 45 plate raises and follow them up with 2X each of front and back shrugs.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Damn replied and lost it again. Go for it Tuber, you won't be dissappointed with the Cissus. You'll love the rack deads just start out slow and work into high weight/low rep eg 5 or 6. I precede them with 3 X 20 @ at 45 plate raises and follow them up with 2X each of front and back shrugs.
I agree, the cirrus worked like a charm. The workout went better than expected, the rack deads are going to take some time. Shrugs at 290 front and back no problem, close grip pull downs @ 160, wide grip pull downs @ 140. Hit the preachers bench with 20lb bar to test the arm, so far so good. The arm felt a little heavy and tight but there was no pain. I can't wait to see how tomarrow goes...

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Good news OG, keep it up!
Thanks, hope your tests come out ok. I'm back to the testing stage, however I have had just about all I can handle. My primary care physician sends me to another urologist, he asks me what meds I'm on...etc.." Oh no we can't do injectable test, or even the gel ". He wants to refer me to a friend of his an endo to see what he has to say. Then after the male exam, we talk about low T issues, he tells me that I don't have any and that " I look really good for a man of my age ". It was the first time in years that I could feel my blood pressure rising sitting still ! I'm just going to relax and avoid doctors for now...! " You can't fix stupid "

Never the less, the workouts are still improving, switched to straight leg rack deads @ 50lb. I plan to kick the weight up at the 1st of the month. The rehab on the lower back is going better than I had hoped for....at least something is going right.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I restarted the old test injection levels and will just cruise along for now. Dutchman was correct on the cirrus rx, waiting to see how it works when I turn up the heat so to speak and start lifting heavy again. Stinging nettle root, ryr have been added to my supplements along with vit d3. As soon as I can get more than 5 minutes on here, I will be able to give a complete post reguarding new goal / workouts, etc...

Chawks

Chawks

Awards
Why do we age? Let's just rewind to the point in time when we were at our peek. I am 6 months after shoulder surgery. They had to reattach the tenant that attaches my bicep to my shoulder. I have been back to the gym several times but finding motivation levels low. Doesn't help that the temps are hovering around -20 to -60 the last month and a half.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Why do we age? Let's just rewind to the point in time when we were at our peek. I am 6 months after shoulder surgery. They had to reattach the tenant that attaches my bicep to my shoulder. I have been back to the gym several times but finding motivation levels low. Doesn't help that the temps are hovering around -20 to -60 the last month and a half.
For me it's not motivation issues, just to much going on at the present. Supplements are due any day now, blood work is due next week the workouts have been set. Now all I have to do is to get it all together and set a new goal, without one, I just get sluggish.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
For me it's not motivation issues, just to much going on at the present. Supplements are due any day now, blood work is due next week the workouts have been set. Now all I have to do is to get it all together and set a new goal, without one, I just get sluggish.
Oldguns,

You just hit it right on the noggin for me. Always too much going on with job, health concerns, recovery from injuries and various goals that slightly conflict. Just one stride at a time, and we'll get there.

Chawk,

I had a major operation to reattach my tendons (both sides) to my patella a year ago. How's your recovery?

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Yikes!!! It's 45 degrees here in the morning, and I just dread going outside, and sitting on those cold seats in my car. At 45 degrees, and being all dark in the morning, I have to push myself to get up and get down to the gym. At -20 to -60 degrees, you're one tough dude!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Yikes!!! It's 45 degrees here in the morning, and I just dread going outside, and sitting on those cold seats in my car. At 45 degrees, and being all dark in the morning, I have to push myself to get up and get down to the gym. At -20 to -60 degrees, you're one tough dude!

-TT
I have to agree, cold and me don't get along. I remember when it's 0 outside I would go to the gym and stand in the heat in the locker room just to get flexable enough to workout. This year were having a warm winter so far and I hope it keeps up.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
One word gentlemen . . . Phoenix! ;)
I have to agree! Phoenix has the best winters of any place that I've lived. The temperatures are about the same as San Diego, except you don't get all the clouds and fog.

As for their summers... I don't care if it's "dry heat." The dry heat isn't so dry come mid July. All those days over 110 really wear you down. I will miss those thunder storms, and the little toads that come out in the rain.

In about 45 minutes, I need to brave the 48 degree weather and drive down to the gym.

-TT

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Even though I work 2nd shift, much of it outside, I’ve yet to wear more than a T-shirt this year, well except when I was in Germany.

I’ve never minded the summers, for that matter I only recently got a car with air-conditioning so that if I need to drive my father around he won’t have to cook, however last summer was a little rough. I’ve always had around 8% or so body fat but last summer I’d bulked up by 30 lbs. and my BF% was up around 15%. That plus I was still eating to bulk and things got a little uncomfortable for the first time until I decided it was time for a cut.

Your right about monsoon season which has didn’t used to start until August when I was growing up but it seems to come earlier every year. However, I’ll still take it over the Philippines.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Supplements were delivered yesterday, so the preload stage begins. Next week, blood donation, bloodwork and getting things kicked off to a good start. The wife told me " just run a cycle and then set your own cruise level " she is tired of the run around. I just gave up on the doctors around here, I have wasted too much time and money. It's time to get back to business and take care of my health issues on my own.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like getting the flu to toss a wrench in my plans. Sitting in the docs office, I was reading up on leg cramps. Leg cramps often result from inadequate vitamin e intake and/or an electrolyte imbalence. Dose; 400 iu of vit E, 400 mg of magnesium, 1200 mg of calcium and 100 mg of potassium daily. I use to just increase water intake / potassium when I could feel it coming on. I'm going to have to give this a try, as soon as I get well and hit the gym. Today was blood donation/ draw, If I'm back on my feet by tomarrow, I'll go take care of it then.

TT- Dad has hit the final stage of rapid onset dementia, It's taking it's toll on me. Starting this weekend, it's work, workouts, eating and sleep, the rest of the time I will be a care giver. To handle the stress, it's time to lift harder than before, I have to find some way to release this stress.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
OG:

I hope you're feeling better, and things are less hectic.

I've had like 2 colds in the past 6 weeks, and I'm finally starting to feel normal again.

Let us know how you're doing.

-TT

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
OG. Have you tried using Taurine? It works great for me to avoid cramps and both my late wife and my new lady love it as a way to avoid those nighttime-screaming-leg cramps. Usually 4 to 5 gms daily works well. Side effect of Taurine is that it is very good for the macula in your eyes.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
OG. Have you tried using Taurine? It works great for me to avoid cramps and both my late wife and my new lady love it as a way to avoid those nighttime-screaming-leg cramps. Usually 4 to 5 gms daily works well. Side effect of Taurine is that it is very good for the macula in your eyes.
Dutchman,

Just stopping by to say hi.

oldguns,

Did you recover okay?

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
This is very good information. I just with the Taurine didn't have so many side effects of it's own.... like having to go to the bathroom several times during the day.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I have dropped out of the gym, spending more time with Dad. Soon he will no longer know who I am. His rapid ontset dementia has entered the last stage, so I will be spending all the time I can with him. Nearing his 88th Birthday, I am getting the whole family together, while he still remembers who we are. Thanks for the input from TT...Tuberman...and The Dutchman...still on the diet, supplements.. Etc. The weight I am now carrying will test the metal that I'm made of...! It takes every bit of energy to get thru back to back days...7am till midnite/ 1am.

Wishing you all the best, I'll keep up with all of you on TT's thread...

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Hang in the OG. I went through something similar 5 years ago with my mother but did have my dad and sister helping though it still sucks. As hard as it probably is to think about right now make sure keep taking care of yourself. At least try to work in some sort of exercise even body weight stuff if you can.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I have dropped out of the gym, spending more time with Dad. Soon he will no longer know who I am. His rapid ontset dementia has entered the last stage, so I will be spending all the time I can with him. Nearing his 88th Birthday, I am getting the whole family together, while he still remembers who we are. Thanks for the input from TT...Tuberman...and The Dutchman...still on the diet, supplements.. Etc. The weight I am now carrying will test the metal that I'm made of...! It takes every bit of energy to get thru back to back days...7am till midnite/ 1am.

Wishing you all the best, I'll keep up with all of you on TT's thread...
I wish you the best too. If you can do some pushups, crunchies and such, as Grunt suggested. Pick up some anti-stress supplements when you can -- they are not miracle workers but help.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
OG,

This is where it gets tough, and you need to stay tough too. Do your best to eat right, sleep right, and get some exercise in.
That will keep you tough too!

Hang in there!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support, the wife has completely changed up my diet to keep my energy levels up. She is use to feeding the beast, now she has to keep my body weight stable and keep everything in balence. I hope to be back in the gym within 2 months, there will be a time that I will have to vent the stress in a positive way. It's 1:30am so I will finish this tomarrow if I can...

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Good luck and God Bless OG. Went through much the same with my own dad 6 years ago. He passed at 89 with Parkinsons and Dementia, my mom the year before with Alzheimers. You will survive and though they no longer realize it, you will always know that your love for them, here for your dad, stood the test of time. We'll keep you in our prayers and you just keep peeking in when you get the chance! Again God Bless!

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Good luck and God Bless OG. Went through much the same with my own dad 6 years ago. He passed at 89 with Parkinsons and Dementia, my mom the year before with Alzheimers. You will survive and though they no longer realize it, you will always know that your love for them, here for your dad, stood the test of time. We'll keep you in our prayers and you just keep peeking in when you get the chance! Again God Bless!
Dutchman,

Last I heard, you were in the process of getting retested for your TRT. How did that go? How did the tests go? Did you get what you need? And how are you doing in general?

The Super Cissus does seem to be helping injured knee, but it's still slow. When I work it hard it still gets sore faster than it would have before.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the support. Just crashed and burned with a severe inner ear infection, couldn't eat, stand up without getting light headed, thought it was the flu going around but I was wrong. No pain but all the issues that went with it was a wake up call. I'm done with the meds, so I'm getting ready to resume the supps. I have to decide when I am returning to the gym, need to get some balence back into my life. I just got my blood work results, dr dolittle has me back at 204 ng/dl. Oh well one issue at a time, it's great to be back on my feet.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to hear you're back on your feet again!

204 ng/dl? Anyhow, I'm looking to see where I'm at after several months of Testim. Hopefully I'll know in a week or two.

I think it's crazy that doctors are so stingy with test. It's not like it's heroin.
They dole out estrogen in the blink of an eye, but test... LOL!

'anxious to see how you're doing.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to hear you're back on your feet again!

204 ng/dl? Anyhow, I'm looking to see where I'm at after several months of Testim. Hopefully I'll know in a week or two.

I think it's crazy that doctors are so stingy with test. It's not like it's heroin.
They dole out estrogen in the blink of an eye, but test... LOL!

'anxious to see how you're doing.

-TT
Getting ready to get back at it. I stopped in at the gym to check out the new equipment, many upgrades. When I stopped at the front desk to pay the service fee, the manager said there was a note in my file from the owner that for every month I was off taking care of dad, he gave me one month free. Nice !

Damn I am looking forward to this, it has been a longtime coming. I'm stopping by on my way to work to check out the new area just built on, owner is giving me a tour. Tomarrow is the first day open so I can't miss this...

-Oldguns

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Dutchman, TT, and others...checking to see how everyone is doing. Busy summer taking care of dad, he's 89 and...doing better now. No gym just work and taking care of him.

Stayed on diet, just a whole lot less of it..! Starting the supplements this monday...hoping to hit the gym within a month, waiting on docs ok !

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Dutchman, TT, and others...checking to see how everyone is doing. Busy summer taking care of dad, he's 89 and...doing better now. No gym just work and taking care of him.

Stayed on diet, just a whole lot less of it..! Starting the supplements this monday...hoping to hit the gym within a month, waiting on docs ok !
Good that you kept diet on track. Dutchman hasn't posted here since late May, and TT and Grunt since early to mid-August. How much better is your dad? I'm a bit of a health maven, with deep interests in things like Alzheimer disease, and cognitive function.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
OG, good to hear from you again. I was laid up for a while with a torn rotator cuff but I am coming back fast. I am a little short of 4 months out (Early June) but my lifting is getting better. In the past week I have hit 5 reps @ 280 on the Squat, a single @ 510 in the Rack Deadllift and now 90 lbs again in my curls. My BP sucks as all I can do is 225 for reps before the pain takes over. It'll probably take another 2 months before I am normal again. Alzheimers is a terrible disease. I lost my mom to it about 6 1/2 years ago. I have found great relief in things like Coconut Oil and Creatine which have helped my friends in need. Get back in the gym! We are all rooting for ya!

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys. Dutchman good to hear your doing better and back at it. I just changed urologists, my 6 month bloodwork came in at 215, last one was 204. I got the... This is a good number for you. I was refered to a urologist by a family member, this doc knows his stuff. I learned more from him in 30 minutes and I did from the old doctor in the past 4 years. After our consult visit, he asked me if I had any questions,, Simply I needed a doctor I can trust, your it. He agreed, needed current bloodwork, Quest Labs ....wanted me to test asap. He told me to stop the twice a week injections at .15 and after the bloodwork inject 1/2 a cc per week until his office calls. Probably by the first of the week, he wants to increase the injections after he reviews this new bloodwork. Damn...it is about time, I will be standing in line when Quest opens the doors in the morning. At least I can back to normal now.!!

Maybe if I get my drive and energy back....I can get back at it a lot earlier than I am hoping to...!

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Good to see you found someone you trust oldguns. I’ve been going to a specialty clinic since my doctor had no problem with me having very low test, never mind that it made me feel like crap. He felt it was depression and wanted to put me on Prozac, needless to say now that I’m on test and have my life back I’m looking for a new doctor.

Good that you kept diet on track. Dutchman hasn't posted here since late May, and TT and Grunt since early to mid-August. How much better is your dad? I'm a bit of a health maven, with deep interests in things like Alzheimer disease, and cognitive function.
Thanks for noticing I was gone. I was overseas in Qatar for the better part of the last two months and didn’t have much time to post or even read forums. But now that I’m back I’ll be looking deeper into some of the sups some of you are all taking to see what else I can do besides test to revitalize myself. Even with the test it was a bitch trying to outdo people half my age over there but I managed to without killing myself . . . much.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you guys back here posting. I'm having some blood sugar problems I have to address as it seems as if my tendons are beginning to glycate and injuries are healing way too slow. I have to get things under control if I want to keep working out.

Hopefully TT gets back and posts again.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I got delayed getting my bloodwork, started taking a med for this ear infection again...my bloodwork showed 452...? LOL... I started taking methylprednisolone at 24mg per day, it screwed up the results. The nurse said I had to wait until it clears my system and retest. She will call when I am to retest again, at least it's working on the ear issue. A pain in the ass waiting this out, again.
I'm also having some blood sugar problems...this cut to the bone diet while getting myself tested and balenced again has left me a mess. Still eating properly but I need man food. This eating enough to get by.....sucks. While the wifes at work, there's a couple of 1 1/2 inch thick steaks that might fall out of the freezer unto the grill.

I might grab some injectable b-12 if this goes much longer...sliding backwards is hard to deal with for me. I'm going to have to check and see how long I have to wait to get this out of my system so I can retest. Another 2 weeks of this and I will feel like laying in bed all day.

Tuberman and grunt good to hear from both of you !!

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you found someone you trust oldguns. I’ve been going to a specialty clinic since my doctor had no problem with me having very low test, never mind that it made me feel like crap. He felt it was depression and wanted to put me on Prozac, needless to say now that I’m on test and have my life back I’m looking for a new doctor.

Thanks for noticing I was gone. I was overseas in Qatar for the better part of the last two months and didn’t have much time to post or even read forums. But now that I’m back I’ll be looking deeper into some of the sups some of you are all taking to see what else I can do besides test to revitalize myself. Even with the test it was a bitch trying to outdo people half my age over there but I managed to without killing myself . . . much.
Grunt just remember that old age and skill will overcome youth....with a little time and knowledge. Hopefully I hear back after my retest on my bloodwork, it's been 3 weeks without any test. I hit rock bottom and talk about a rough ride ! It's back to square one...I forgot how awful I felt before I started on TRT. At least my son had this doctor set his dose correct and is doing fine...wants to try and out lift the oldman as soon as I can get things straightened out and get back on tract. Tuesday I get the results...!

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Grunt just remember that old age and skill will overcome youth....with a little time and knowledge. Hopefully I hear back after my retest on my bloodwork, it's been 3 weeks without any test. I hit rock bottom and talk about a rough ride ! It's back to square one...I forgot how awful I felt before I started on TRT. At least my son had this doctor set his dose correct and is doing fine...wants to try and out lift the oldman as soon as I can get things straightened out and get back on tract. Tuesday I get the results...!
I hope I never have to go without test again. I felt so crappy with a free test level of 60, the doctor was surprised I had the motivation and energy to work out at all, but hell that was the only thing that kept me going.

I hope you get back on soon and get the dosage right so you can get back to feeling well.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I will post the results when I hear back. Let me know about any sups you may find while your checking things out. I think I got the market cornered on feeling crappy !

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I hope I never have to go without test again. I felt so crappy with a free test level of 60, the doctor was surprised I had the motivation and energy to work out at all, but hell that was the only thing that kept me going.

I hope you get back on soon and get the dosage right so you can get back to feeling well.

Doctors office called...Inject 1 cc per week and retest in two weeks, I don't have the results back. I can't wait to see what the end results are going to be.!