Older wiser and just broke my old record

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else out there taking test E at 1cc per week for their TRT, like to hear about your results. Three days into the first shot...starting to get some of my drive back, slept better last night and desire to eat is trying to return. I figured that a slow return is best, in the past about 2-3 weeks to fully feel the results. Any improvement feels good since I was off for three weeks to get a base line for the new doctor, well worth the effort...but I don't want to do that again.

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Hey OG. I’ve only been on HRT since June and only test C so I have now experience with test E. I do know from reading around that that the general consensus is there’s little to no difference except some people say they retain more water with test C and that it might be better for mass gains but that could also be the water retention. Otherwise I’ve read that test E has a couple more mg/cc of free test but that test C has a couple days longer half-life but in the end I’m not sure either would make a difference.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
The only reason I haven't chimed in, is lack of 1st hand knowledge in these areas. Although my brother took Test C for 3-4 years and has talked to me about it, I'm still cycling between test boosters and mild steroids like AndroDrive at low levels to keep me from falling into limbo. My doc would give me the transdermal creams, but I would have to seek out someone else to get injectables.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Hey OG. I’ve only been on HRT since June and only test C so I have now experience with test E. I do know from reading around that that the general consensus is there’s little to no difference except some people say they retain more water with test C and that it might be better for mass gains but that could also be the water retention. Otherwise I’ve read that test E has a couple more mg/cc of free test but that test C has a couple days longer half-life but in the end I’m not sure either would make a difference.
The only reason I haven't chimed in, is lack of 1st hand knowledge in these areas. Although my brother took Test C for 3-4 years and has talked to me about it, I'm still cycling between test boosters and mild steroids like AndroDrive at low levels to keep me from falling into limbo. My doc would give me the transdermal creams, but I would have to seek out someone else to get injectables.
I started out using test boosters and ended up on the transdermal cream ( testim ) and noticed a major difference. After 6 months, I was switched to test e to avoid transfer issues with the transdermal cream. At the peak, I was 997ng/dl. Overall I felt best just over 800 ng/dl. I was told to stay near the lower end of the upper 1/3 of the range. I was in that range when I lifted the max effort to exceed 600 lbs. to break my old record.

I will say that this new urologist has been putting me thru the paces. He stopped the 2x a week injections, ordered 1 injection per week. When I asked test e or c, told me to stay on test e and he explained everything in detail and answered any and all questions. I can't wait to see how I feel overall once he gets things set up his way. He reviewed all of the bloodwork, I took to his office from the old urologist and was quite pleased with the results, told me that things were in perfect order. Except the testosterone level was to low and he would retest and readjust.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Grunt, I'm 3 days into my injection, 4 days until bloodwork and I'm having some joint pain. Overall, I am slowly returning to normal...energy, drive etc...etc. Taking care of the joint issue as soon as the physician is done with testing and setting the dose.

The lab I'm now using has an app that allows you to recieve a copy of your bloodwork 48 hrs after it is sent to your physician. It's legal in 36 states, your results right on your phone along with info reguarding the results. Now all I have to do is upgrade to a smart phone...I'm going to miss my old trusty water proof...kick it...drop it and it still works GZ phone. I guess it's time to get with it...and get updated !

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
What lab is it? The clinic I go to uses Labcorp, I should check and see if they have anything like that, but I have no problem getting copies of my labs results.

I’m actually sort of double dipping right now. Since I just came back from a deployment I’m eligible for 6 months of free medical care from the military and the doc there has hooked me up with test-cyp from their pharmacy but I’m still going and getting my regular shots so right now I’m sitting on a bunch of extra test. I’ve been looking around here at trying a “blast and cruse cycle” but don’t see any point as long as I’m still growing on the regular HRT dose which is actually still way low because my red cell count was elevated. So they plan on upping my dose as soon as my red cell count comes down (already gave blood).

Besides the joint pain how are you feeling? I know some people say it takes a couple of weeks to feel anything but I could tell the difference that day I got my first shot.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
My insurence switched to Quest and I just present a card at any of their locations with the script and it's free. Before that it was whoever they picked for the quarter to get the lowest price. The new physician instructed me to do Quest only so it worked out. Something about the reported values in the test results so he wants them all the same. I still have two scripts for bloodwork here on my desk, he calls you to test with instructions. This time it is to be the exact day before the next shot due. I never had any problems getting my copys of my results, it would be nice to have prior to an office visit, so during the answer any questions part of the visit, I can get a direct answer.

I felt a little the first day, since then It's slow coming on, the mind fog and focus was the first two things that changed. Sleeping has improved overall. If my past holds true, it will be another 1-2 weeks until everything levels out. After stopping cold turkey to get a base line for the new physician...talking about a crash ! This is a major difference. I had my follow up eye exam and she informed that there is no sign of the macular degeneration ( think I got that spelled correct )...I have had this issue since my 30's. She said that she and other eye physicians have noticed a trend in mens eye issues showing positive change when on TRT, but nothing like what she has seen in my eyes. Basic...get transition lenses...next appt. in a year. At least something has improved for me overall.

BTW) The old doctors office left me a voice mail saying that the doctor was changing my dose and they made the correction with the pharmacy. It went from .15 ml to .75 ml still twice a week. LOL.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
OG,

I am following this, as in another 6-7 months I may need to go the pharm way as PP was shut down by the FDA, and I only have enough left for 16 weeks of cycles ( 2 -- 8 week cycles) and another 16-20 weeks using test boosters in between. Test boosters by themselves do not seem to be enough anymore. So I want to watch your results, and may ask questions.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Tuberman,

I was 791 ng/dl. day before next injection. Next bloodwork in six months, will be sending me the script in the mail prior to next required blood draw.
1 cc per week, Test E, going into my third week at the new dose and all is well. At least the mind fog is gone, I can sleep, and getting more active, overall strength and power is returning. I can't find my old logs, for the products I used back then, I could have bought a boat load of test for what I spent on otc supplements. To bad the first urologist screwed me around so bad,...5 years of screw ups...changes. This physician sat down and explained more in full details on the first visit, than the old one did in all that time. If it wasn't for the blasts and cruises...it would have been a rough ride or maybe I would have been looking for a new doctor alot sooner than I did. To live and learn.

It might help to start checking in your area now, your physician, current bloodwork test for low t. so you know where you stand. Getting all the info you can get your hands on. Talk to your brother to see how he is doing and which doctor he may be seeing, if he's near where you live.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all...! Still hanging on, fourth shot coming up at new dose, so far major improvement. Only thing that I felt was off after the second shot, I needed a picnic basket instead of a lunch box. Glad that feeling is gone ! I see that TT hasn't posted in lately, hope he is still at it. to everyone enjoy your Holiday....!

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all...! Still hanging on, fourth shot coming up at new dose, so far major improvement. Only thing that I felt was off after the second shot, I needed a picnic basket instead of a lunch box. Glad that feeling is gone ! I see that TT hasn't posted in lately, hope he is still at it. to everyone enjoy your Holiday....!
OG, Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I need to get back to more weight workouts, as I'm only going in about once a week and doing pushups and some minor stuff at work.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
OG, Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I need to get back to more weight workouts, as I'm only going in about once a week and doing pushups and some minor stuff at work.
I know the feeling, my day starts at 6:30 am and ends about midnite to ! am. By the time the weekend gets here, trying to catch up on some rest. Looking forward to those mornings in the gym before work...oh how I miss it.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Grunt03, just checking in to see how your doing. So far so good at 1cc test e ( 200mg ) per week. I'm considering my first cycle while things get some what back to normal, allowing a return to the gym. Looking forward to a blast and cruise like the old days. It's kinda funny, one year ago tomarrow, I broke my old record at 58, at 59 I'm wishing the best for dad so I can return as soon as I can..!

I'm going to start training my son once a week, we already talked about him starting trt, he has his diet clean, been working out and it's time to take him to the next level. At least it will get me back into a gym and get him ready for his first injectable cycle. I will be able to work on his workout plan and get a log started. Everything in the proper time the proper way.

Dutchman, hope your doing better and your back at it !

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Hey OG, I’ve been out of the loop for a week or so travelling the Pacific. It really sucked to have a 3 day stop in Hawaii ;) However because of that my workouts have been pretty haphazard. Despite that I’ve set new PRs on both the Squat and Deadlift at 390 lbs. each while still at 180 lbs. BW. I know that TRT has played a big part in my gains starting back up again. I’m still at 160mg/week but they will likely up because I’m still well below the target range of 650-800 one week after a shot. They also started me on HGC a few weeks ago.

It’s cool you re-started at 200mg/week, I’m guessing that’s what I’ll probably end up at but the endo at the clinic I go to prefers to start low and work up to find the right dosage. Hopefully you will be setting even more new records soon.

Have you done a blast and cruse before? I ask because it’s something I might try since the airforce doc has given me script for 30cc (200mg/cc) so I wouldn’t have to pay the co-pay at the docs office but I could always just keep going there and try blasting with the extra instead. I’m just not sure if it’s worth it if I haven’t already gotten to the right TRT dosage at least or even if I haven’t maxed out my gains on that dosage.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I've done the blast and cruise, however I"m waiting out this dose of TRT to see how I am doing over the long term. Having a little extra on hand is nice incase you need it. I have enough on hand to run 10 weeks at 500mg, just getting my ducks in a row and waiting this out to see how this new doc is going to run it. Right now I am feeling a lot better over all, sleeping has improved, muscle thickness is returning and so is my energy.! Life is good. I have the energy to get up and get things done. I want to see how my cruise level works first and then crank it up when the time comes and everything on hand ready to go.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
First off dutchman, grunt, tuberman and the rest of you Happy Holidays in case I don't back here before then. 5 weeks into the new dose and I'm feeling better than ever ! Looking forward to getting back to the gym after the 1st, there is a new one closer to home so it will make it alot easier to fit it in the daily grind.The basic gym...right up my alley. The 200mg per week dose has make some major changes in how I feel daily, sleep is better and overall drive has completely changed. I can't wait to see how my energy and drive holds up while lifting. The son has dialed in his diet, planning on a 12 week cycle, getting ready to jump it off in January. I will have to make sure it runs smooth during his first injectable cycle, take the time to make sure it's off to a good start. We are working on his blast and cruise, he is doing all his homework. Nothing better than a father and son project to start off the New Year.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
OG,

Happy holidays,

I'm glad things are going well for ya! Let us know how your son's cycle goes for him. What are his goals?

I just started some natty test boosters one more time, and I have to dial in everything for it to work, including plenty of fish oil, coconut oil, zinc, magnesium and the quality forms of vitamin E. And I admit that it only gets test up to medium levels like the upper 500s. One time it reached low 600s. This stuff is expensive too! Libido goes off the charts though, as a couple of these are aphrodisiacs. I bought most of these last New Years when everything was on sale, and will look for big sales this year.

I don't tell anybody about nattys anymore as it is too hard to dial in, and more expensive then just getting test. Test also gets one to a much higher ranges for building muscle. My brother was in the 1100 -1150 range for a long time on test cyp. I do not like dependence on docs, but this may change in a few months.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
OG,

Happy holidays,

I'm glad things are going well for ya! Let us know how your son's cycle goes for him. What are his goals?

I just started some natty test boosters one more time, and I have to dial in everything for it to work, including plenty of fish oil, coconut oil, zinc, magnesium and the quality forms of vitamin E. And I admit that it only gets test up to medium levels like the upper 500s. One time it reached low 600s. This stuff is expensive too! Libido goes off the charts though, as a couple of these are aphrodisiacs. I bought most of these last New Years when everything was on sale, and will look for big sales this year.

I don't tell anybody about nattys anymore as it is too hard to dial in, and more expensive then just getting test. Test also gets one to a much higher ranges for building muscle. My brother was in the 1100 -1150 range for a long time on test cyp. I do not like dependence on docs, but this may change in a few months.
I remember telling him when he stopped by asking what issues was I having before I started TRT, Get tested and if you need it... do it. Now feeling great, he's ready to do a clean bulk and gain some size/strength. Early spring it's going to be nice to hit the gym together, we haven't been able to for years. It is better just to have the doctor get it set up properly and feel better all the time. It cost me less just to go TRT than to go OTC, if you end up in 1100-1150 range you will feel a whole lot better overall.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
It seems that I am having an estrogen issue with the new dose. Bloating, belly fat and total loss of libido...called the doctors office and he took me off my injections for 30 days. Sending a blood work script and wants the draw done within the next week and a half. I guess that he wants me off until he gets the results back incase he decides to run more tests. It's going to be a pain in the ass to go through all of this again ! I will have to wait and see what the results show.

Tuberman and grunt, checking in to see how you guys are getting along.

The Dutchman

Awards
Back in December my last blood test/Doc's visit showed low cholesterol but an increase in my Estradiol ie. the bad estro. I first added Formasurge and just now ordered a couple Epistanes which together should knock it right down again while helping me to some good lean growth. It also resrtores my libido nicely. I will continue to use the Formasurge daily and add the Epi on a Pulse ie for me 4 caps on workout day approach. PHF has some in stock today.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
OG and Dutch,

I use Forma Stanzol currently for antiestrogen. Formastane works well for me.

What happened to your old sign-in Dutch? This one still says 2004 join date.

OG, I meant to ask -- with your long work days how do you even get workouts in? I could not do it!

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I like to hit the gym in the morning, not due at work until 1 pm and pull the closing shift until 1 am. Mom and dad are at my sisters now, it beats me going over before work and after work. Funny I get free to readjust my workouts and now I get to go thru the don't inject until this doctor is done with this round of bloodwork.

The Dutchman

Awards
OG and Dutch,

I use Forma Stanzol currently for antiestrogen. Formastane works well for me.

What happened to your old sign-in Dutch? This one still says 2004 join date.

OG, I meant to ask -- with your long work days how do you even get workouts in? I could not do it!
This site is driving me crazy T. For a month+ it kept me out and wouldn't let me use my name or password. I finally had to go to a backup entry in order to get in. I have sent them several emails but they NEVER answer or try to help. Frankly I am pissed and now spend my time elsewhere if they won't let me in here.l

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
This site is driving me crazy T. For a month+ it kept me out and wouldn't let me use my name or password. I finally had to go to a backup entry in order to get in. I have sent them several emails but they NEVER answer or try to help. Frankly I am pissed and now spend my time elsewhere if they won't let me in here.l
Dutch,

I have a similar problem signing in with Internet Explorer, but it let's me sign in with foxfire easily.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Today, I will stop on my way to work and do this blood draw...this stopping everything and testing is starting to get damn old. It's been 12 days off and I feel like S**t. Starting to feel like a slug and the mind fog is returning, oh joy. This test is for total testosterone, CBC, Platelets, NA, K, CI, CO2. Last night I had to take something so I could sleep, I know I am the poster child for low T, I really don't need to visit the old me this often. Maybe if the doctor felt like this and had to put on 70 lbs of cold weather gear and operate equipment and climb in and out of it for 10 plus hours a day, he could get the answer a little faster without all the trial and error crap. My ins pays for all labs 100%, why not just run the entire list and get it over with, once and for all. I woke up at 7am and I'm sitting here totally exhausted and I have only had my morning coffee so far..! It will be a very long day.

Dutchman, hope you get that log on issue taken care of soon.!

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Today, I will stop on my way to work and do this blood draw...this stopping everything and testing is starting to get damn old. It's been 12 days off and I feel like S**t. Starting to feel like a slug and the mind fog is returning, oh joy. This test is for total testosterone, CBC, Platelets, NA, K, CI, CO2. Last night I had to take something so I could sleep, I know I am the poster child for low T, I really don't need to visit the old me this often. Maybe if the doctor felt like this and had to put on 70 lbs of cold weather gear and operate equipment and climb in and out of it for 10 plus hours a day, he could get the answer a little faster without all the trial and error crap. My ins pays for all labs 100%, why not just run the entire list and get it over with, once and for all. I woke up at 7am and I'm sitting here totally exhausted and I have only had my morning coffee so far..! It will be a very long day.

Dutchman, hope you get that log on issue taken care of soon.!
OG,

What's going on with you is exactly the problem I have with dependence on Docs. I hate for them to have me jumping through hoops when I know quite often I know as much or more than the typical doc, and if I don't I can soon learn it online.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
OG,

What's going on with you is exactly the problem I have with dependence on Docs. I hate for them to have me jumping through hoops when I know quite often I know as much or more than the typical doc, and if I don't I can soon learn it online.
I have to agree, it is such a joke how I have been treated through this whole deal. I got a call from the doctors nurse telling me not to inject for one more month and he wants to repeat the bloodwork Feb 22 nd. My blood count was to high ! thats all that was said. WTF ? Lets see he's going to drop my t- levels again...wonder where my estrogen levels are since I been jacked up so much. I will probably be in the 100's here shortly, two weeks off and now 30 more days off testosterone. Now that has to be healthy thing to do, taking your level from 791 ng/dl the day before you inject to letting it basicly crash.

I have to blow it off at work by telling the guys that I'm fighting an inner ear infection...they can see the difference already. The wife is not happy about it...told me we will have to wait and see what the doctor says. Later she texts me and tells me she put cash in my drawer for anything I need to order.! Hint hint, I think she has had enough of this too .! I am about to have my own bloodwork done...and go to the dark side...

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree, it is such a joke how I have been treated through this whole deal. I got a call from the doctors nurse telling me not to inject for one more month and he wants to repeat the bloodwork Feb 22 nd. My blood count was to high ! thats all that was said. WTF ? Lets see he's going to drop my t- levels again...wonder where my estrogen levels are since I been jacked up so much. I will probably be in the 100's here shortly, two weeks off and now 30 more days off testosterone. Now that has to be healthy thing to do, taking your level from 791 ng/dl the day before you inject to letting it basicly crash.

I have to blow it off at work by telling the guys that I'm fighting an inner ear infection...they can see the difference already. The wife is not happy about it...told me we will have to wait and see what the doctor says. Later she texts me and tells me she put cash in my drawer for anything I need to order.! Hint hint, I think she has had enough of this too .! I am about to have my own bloodwork done...and go to the dark side...

OG,

Yeah, at the least you should check into doing that. Let me know what you find out please.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Older...wiser guess that fits me to the T. TRT is set at 1cc test e every 2 weeks. I just do .25 cc twice a week for the time being, feeling no highs or lows. Cruise fixed first, follow up blood work later this month. Libido still lower than normal but it is coming back slowly...only two weeks since I started up again. Drive and energy levels are coming back very quickly now...positive note. Found out that I weighed in at 197 lbs, yea right, diet changes and dropped to 190 lbs. Changing back to the old diet slowly, after a year of eating to make up for the lack of sleep took it's toll. Sunday, I have to visit the two gyms to pick one that will work best. I think the first goal is to cut weight until I get below 180 lbs. Then set the bar higher, new goal set and hammer until it gets done. Good time to blast and just to go for it.

Any suggestions on supplements to help this extra weight off lets hear them.! Tuberman, Grunt looking forward to hearing from you guys again !

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Older...wiser guess that fits me to the T. TRT is set at 1cc test e every 2 weeks. I just do .25 cc twice a week for the time being, feeling no highs or lows. Cruise fixed first, follow up blood work later this month. Libido still lower than normal but it is coming back slowly...only two weeks since I started up again. Drive and energy levels are coming back very quickly now...positive note. Found out that I weighed in at 197 lbs, yea right, diet changes and dropped to 190 lbs. Changing back to the old diet slowly, after a year of eating to make up for the lack of sleep took it's toll. Sunday, I have to visit the two gyms to pick one that will work best. I think the first goal is to cut weight until I get below 180 lbs. Then set the bar higher, new goal set and hammer until it gets done. Good time to blast and just to go for it.

Any suggestions on supplements to help this extra weight off lets hear them.! Tuberman, Grunt looking forward to hearing from you guys again !
OG,

Yeah, I do have several suggestions. First, some kind of A.I. such as Forma Stanzol or Erase to keep estrogen down. Also Tocotrienols are always good to help keep some internals working. And very important, just because you have more test, doesn't mean it can do it's work. You need something to free it up -- coconut oil for eating and cooking will help, and stinging nettle that has a lot of 3.4 Divinal is important. L-Carnitine l-Tartrate increases the receptors for all anabolics, so a 2-3 grams of that a day would help too. This is all just to aid your test efficiency. I'll get back to you on the weight loss stuff, but I want to see if others will help out on that area, as it is so vast.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I am having one devil of a time finding the end of my log. Anyhow, I am sad to report that I am not doing well. I am having problems with my circulation, in addition to my heart and my overall well being. I am changing things up, and hope to be more positive in 3 months.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am having one devil of a time finding the end of my log. Anyhow, I am sad to report that I am not doing well. I am having problems with my circulation, in addition to my heart and my overall well being. I am changing things up, and hope to be more positive in 3 months.
Do whatever you need to, to take care of your overall health, brother.
:)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had vein surgery last month, and it failed. I'm trying again at the end of the month. Getting old sux.
Hang in there brother.
You know what they say about getting old ....
It's better than the alternative.
(y):)