Next PES Insider Deal???

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting brother. Do you mind sharing the recipe with me. Not familiar with this mug cake.
Of course!

Take a coffee mug and spray the sides with some cooking spray or butter. Then it's--

1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
Tbs milk or milk substitute
Tbs flour or cake mix
1/4 tsp baking power
Scoop of whatever flavor protein you're craving

Stir all that together in the mug and microwave it for 45-60 seconds. It will rise and you'll think it will overflow. If it does, just stop the microwave for a couple seconds and start it back up. If you cook it too long it will become very spongy and dry. But there's also a bit of a learning curve since microwaves vary.

Enjoy!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many times have you went through the Cooking with whey thread and saw how many mug cakes I made?

They take a matter of 2 minutes to make lol
I've honestly never paid enough attention to see it called a mug cake or seen a recipe for it. I usually skim through that until something jumps at me. Still not seeing a recipe with what you shared so I guess we can add another check to the total. 🤷‍♂️
After further review I see I had quoted another user as well. Appreciate the help per usual Bob. Love when you try to steer me to another 10 min video everytime. Lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course!

Take a coffee mug and spray the sides with some cooking spray or butter. Then it's--

Tbs flour or cake mix
1/4 tsp baking power

Stir all that together in the mug and microwave it for 45-60 seconds. It will rise and you'll think it will overflow. If it does, just stop the microwave for a couple seconds and start it back up. If you cook it too long it will become very spongy and dry. But there's also a bit of a learning curve since microwaves vary.

Enjoy!
Wow much easier than it seems from other poster. Thanks sir. You are an A+ insider. Lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've honestly never paid enough attention to see it called a mug cake or seen a recipe for it. I usually skim through that until something jumps at me. Still not seeing a recipe with what you shared so I guess we can add another check to the total. 🤷‍♂️
After further review I see I had quoted another user as well. Appreciate the help per usual Bob. Love when you try to steer me to another 10 min video everytime. Lol
Considering none of my cooking videos are 10 minutes long, so let's jump to conclusions

You may have forgotten I have posted 20+ Recipes with PES Select with step by step instructions and ingredients:
^^ Here

And you can use ANY PES Select Recipe with those or use a base recipe below

Recipe

Dry:
1/3 Cup Complete Pancake Mix (40g)
1 Scoop Whey (30g)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (3g)
Dash Splenda (3g)

Wet:
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt (50g)

Directions:

1) Combine all Dry (Whey, Pancake Mix Baking Powder, and Splenda)
2) Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix to form batter.
3) Use cooking spray to coat your circular tupperware container.
4) Transfer the mixture to the container and microwave on a medium power for 3-4 minutes.
5) Transfer to Plate and Enjoy!

Macros:

For Entire Recipe:
Calories -- 430
Protein --40g
Carbs -- 45g
Fat -- 10g

Last edited:
jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be fair, Bob’s cakes look much better than mine. And I’m sure I got the initial idea from his thread.

Just had one using Strawberry Cheesecake. Surprisingly tasty. No berry taste but the cheesecake flavor gave it a nice sweet finish

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course!

Tbs flour or cake mix
1/4 tsp baking power

Enjoy!
Thank you! Nice, simple recipe that even I can follow. Appreciate you posting that.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be fair, Bob’s cakes look much better than mine. And I’m sure I got the initial idea from his thread.

Just had one using Strawberry Cheesecake. Surprisingly tasty. No berry taste but the cheesecake flavor gave it a nice sweet finish
Well I appreciate the quick recipe question solution you gave me. See what i did there? Lol
In any case whether they are inferior or not it was quick and to the point. You are appreciated my dude! :)

Last edited:
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you! Nice, simple recipe that even I can follow. Appreciate you posting that.
Right? Sometimes it seems like you are stabbing someone's dog when you ask to have a simple recipe posted. Lol
I've often times been sent on scavenger hunts in hopes to be helped find a recipe when I see something I wouldn't mind adding to my quick and easy treat recipe list.
He came back with a great quick and easy response that made my day! Good guy right there!

Last edited:
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m glad i didn’t buy cake pop. Just tried it today and wasn’t impressed
This is often the case. One person's treasure is another's trash. People raved about blondie and I couldn't even finish a tub because I wasn't a fan at all. Many people rank snickerdoodle at the top of their list and I truthfully haven't included it in an order in years and would be ok with never having it again even though it is something I can enjoy. Just so many other flavors that I prefer over it and just not my cup of tea. We often see so many different responses where 1 user now puts it in their top 3 and another claims they can't understand why we even produce it. Everyone's tastes vary but too often times folks act as if their reaction to a flavor is shared across the whole customer base.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any 4th of July deals on select coming up? I’ve been out of FCC select for a few weeks which is unacceptable. Still need to try cake pop and maybe strawberry cheesecake as well

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right? Sometimes it seems like you are stabbing someone's dog when you ask to have a simple recipe posted. Lol
I've often times been sent on scavenger hunts in hopes to be helped find a recipe when I see something I wouldn't mind adding to my quick and easy treat recipe list.
He came back with a great quick and easy response that made my day! Good guy right there!
His recipe turned out just about perfect. Only issue was it made me realize I need better tasting protein powder (normally just get pretty plain/bland flavors since I typically blend it with a lot of fruit/vegetables...which mask just about any protein flavor). For this go-around I ended up cheating and adding some caramel syrup to make it taste better.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I appreciate the quick recipe question solution you gave me. See what i did there? Lol
In any case whether they are inferior or not it was quick and to the point. You are appreciated my dude! :)
His recipe turned out just about perfect. Only issue was it made me realize I need better tasting protein powder (normally just get pretty plain/bland flavors since I typically blend it with a lot of fruit/vegetables...which mask just about any protein flavor). For this go-around I ended up cheating and adding some caramel syrup to make it taste better.
Much appreciated brethren. I'm just a former fat kid trying to pass along helpful tips ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much appreciated brethren. I'm just a former fat kid trying to pass along helpful tips ;)
Hell yes my dude! Well it is appreciated! I think all of us gym rats have at least some fat kid blood in us. Always looking for some type of treat to sneak in and still keep my macros good. Sweets are for sure my weakness. :)

Last edited:
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure how it happened but the wife dropped my second and last tub of cake pop select from the pantry and dumped about a quarter of the tub out onto the floor. Man was I half tempted to salvage what I could into a separate container to use when I run out and am jonesin.
#AddictedToTheCakePop

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally a deal on select! Suppremacy 20%, they don’t have cake pop or strawberry but at least I can get frosted chocolate cupcake back in stock. Debating on grabbing some CNC as well, been awhile but I remember liking it quite a bit

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally a deal on select! Suppremacy 20%, they don’t have cake pop or strawberry but at least I can get frosted chocolate cupcake back in stock. Debating on grabbing some CNC as well, been awhile but I remember liking it quite a bit
FCC is top notch and CnC was once my top flavor. Good share on the sale my brother.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy 4th to all you awesome insiders!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2 lb cnc out of stock damn. Been awhile since I had it not sure if I want 5lbs, decisions decisions
Cake Pop, FCC, Strawberry grab the ones you want IMO
White Chocolate Mint in stock as well

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 lb cnc out of stock damn. Been awhile since I had it not sure if I want 5lbs, decisions decisions
It's been a hot minute since I had cookies N cream in stock. I'm sure I have a few samples I can make up though.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting down to about half a tub left before I run out of cake pop. Absolutely love this flavor so I'll have to stock up on more. What's everyone using right now?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There aren’t any better codes than 15% are there? Debating on buying one of the 7x 5 serving sample packs to try strawberry + cake pop for the first time and give some of the flavors I haven’t had in awhile another shot

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There aren’t any better codes than 15% are there? Debating on buying one of the 7x 5 serving sample packs to try strawberry + cake pop for the first time and give some of the flavors I haven’t had in awhile another shot
Let me check on it but I am not aware of any ATM bro. Will check though.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me check on it but I am not aware of any ATM bro. Will check though.
After talking to the big guy I got a confirmation that we aren't offering any more deals at this moment. Keep your eyes peeled though because who knows what will come soon. :)

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After talking to the big guy I got a confirmation that we aren't offering any more deals at this moment. Keep your eyes peeled though because who knows what will come soon. :)
Appreciate you following up!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some Morning oats with cake pop selects. Smashed it down with a few scoops of that melonberry alphamine greatness! Happy Monday my brothers. Sure hope your week starts as good as mine has!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took a trip away for the night and completely forgot to pack my alphamine and select. Such a fail!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About to give cake pop a try mixed with WCM. Seems like a very strange combo but with me having both containers cracked at the moment I'm gonna try it anyway. I'll let you all know how it goes. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the cake pop and white chocolate ming mixture in the ninja with some milk and ice was actually pretty damn good. The WCM was pretty over powering as i kind of expected but the cake pop was evident and added a nice little touch it. Not bad at all.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well my order of cake pop select is in now. We shall see if I can make these final few scoops stretch until the goods arrive. It will be difficult but I'll just mix it with others to stretch it as long as possible.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who would be interested in a Select Cake Pop promo or giveaway. It would either be for 1 or 2 winners who would get a 27 serving tub on the house just for leaving a review upon completion of the product. I'm thinking we would start out with 1 winner unless we hit a certain quota of submissions then a 2nd tub would be given to another lucky winner. Show me some likes or replies to prove to the big guy the promo would be worth having. :)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well the cake pop and white chocolate ming mixture in the ninja with some milk and ice was actually pretty damn good. The WCM was pretty over powering as i kind of expected but the cake pop was evident and added a nice little touch it. Not bad at all.
I tried this once...only once. It was weird. As for mixing, cake pop does well with both FCC and snickerdoodle.
With FCC I’m reminded of yellow cake with chocolate icing. A snickerdoodle mix gives it carrot cake (without the cream cheese icing) flavor.

To me cake pop alone with milk is underwhelming but really shines in about any other situation. It brings out stuff in other flavors and bakes/fries up awesomely!

I wouldn’t enter a promo but I would throw my support behind it!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cake pop reviewer right here! I’ve tried all of the flavors except cake pop, WCM and strawberry cheesecake. I love Select and how thick it mixes. I haven’t had a flavor I didn’t like.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried this once...only once. It was weird. As for mixing, cake pop does well with both FCC and snickerdoodle.
With FCC I’m reminded of yellow cake with chocolate icing. A snickerdoodle mix gives it carrot cake (without the cream cheese icing) flavor.

To me cake pop alone with milk is underwhelming but really shines in about any other situation. It brings out stuff in other flavors and bakes/fries up awesomely!

I wouldn’t enter a promo but I would throw my support behind it!
Cake pop reviewer right here! I’ve tried all of the flavors except cake pop, WCM and strawberry cheesecake. I love Select and how thick it mixes. I haven’t had a flavor I didn’t like.
Good deal! Now we need to get the likes up on that post! Or more commenting here that they would love a promo for it and boom we got it!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd give it a shot. It didn't jump out to me as a must-try flavor when y'all released it, but I'd still like to try it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright guys wanted to see what kind of response I would get from bringing up the idea. I'll see what we can make happen. :)

The promo hasn't been decided so I don't have many details to give. But it would most likely be for people looking to try it and haven't yet.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Random post, but I picked up a tub of PES select frosted chocolate cupcake yesterday...You guys absolutely nailed the flavoring, it quickly jumped into my top 5 flavors of all time. Looking forward to the next insider so I can stock up!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Random post, but I picked up a tub of PES select frosted chocolate cupcake yesterday...You guys absolutely nailed the flavoring, it quickly jumped into my top 5 flavors of all time. Looking forward to the next insider so I can stock up!
I agree this is a very underrated flavor, the best in their lineup IMO.

Also I’d be down for a promo on cake pop!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m not even a chocolate guy at all and it’s a top 5 for me too (all protein not just select)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FCC has been such a long time favorite for me as well. The consistency and flavor is bomb my dude. Thanks for sharing. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree this is a very underrated flavor, the best in their lineup IMO.

Also I’d be down for a promo on cake pop!
I think a good portion of our followers have raved about FCC no doubt about it. Definitely an extremely good flavor.

I'm pushing for the promo brother!
I’m not even a chocolate guy at all and it’s a top 5 for me too (all protein not just select)
Hell ya I'm right there with you.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried the Cake Pop flavor yet and would love to have the opportunity to do so :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't tried the Cake Pop flavor yet and would love to have the opportunity to do so :)
That surprises me Kitz! I'm still checking on the status of possibly running the promo so I'll check back in and give an update. :)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright guys wanted to see what kind of response I would get from bringing up the idea. I'll see what we can make happen. :)

The promo hasn't been decided so I don't have many details to give. But it would most likely be for people looking to try it and haven't yet.
Well, I haven't bought any PES Select in quite a while. Would be interested in trying some Cake Pop. Looking for an alternative to Sparta...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I haven't bought any PES Select in quite a while. Would be interested in trying some Cake Pop. Looking for an alternative to Sparta...
Alright my brother. Another tally for a possible promo push! Truth is I've been told it is a possibility but there has to be enough interest shown to be made possible. So if you are interested and lurking just drop a like on my initial comment where I brought up the possibility or better yet throw a like and a comment here explaining you are interested. Lets make this happen! Promos will continue If the interest on our initial home base here at AM is still strong. With so many different outlets now where we are featured I want to continue to show my gratitude to our fellow AMers. I just need a little help with the push from you fine folks. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright guys. I'm extremely pleased to be able to let you all know I got the go ahead for a promo. I'll be hopefully and most likely getting it up by the end of the week. Trying to decide what exactly I'm going to do for the promo, but it will most likely be for a tub of cake pop to applicants who have not tried the flavor yet. If we have enough people applying I've been given the green light to possibly make it 2 winners who will each receive a tub a piece of Select Cake Pop. The number of promo winners will be completely depend on how many applicants show interest. Thank you all for throwing the likes and comments up after I requested it. Your continued support and interest is what allowed me to make this promo happen!

Last edited:
kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys. I'm extremely pleased to be able to let you all know I got the go ahead for a promo. I'll be hopefully and most likely getting it up by the end of the week. Trying to decide what exactly I'm going to do for the promo, but it will most likely be for a tub of cake pop to applicants who have not tried the flavor yet. If we have enough people applying I've been given the green light to possibly make it 2 winners who will each receive a tub a piece of Select Cake Pop. The number of promo winners will be completely depend on how many applicants show interest. Thank you all for throwing the likes and comments up after I requested it. Your continued support and interest is what allowed me to make this promo happen!
Way to rock it!! I am stoked :)