brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a fun time - not srs
I was just throwing out crazy ingredients that you never see (or rarely see I have seen a product with this in it before )
Im all about rarely seen ingredients. We test some crazy stuff over here.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im all about rarely seen ingredients. We test some crazy stuff over here.
Thats great since 90% of the companies use the same dozen ingredients in all there pre workouts at different doses. And so many out there re just plain horrible.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats great since 90% of the companies use the same dozen ingredients in all there pre workouts at different doses. And so many out there re just plain horrible.
I agree same old tired stuff because well...literally anyone can start a supplement company. Very few understand the ingredients and use new ones. It sucks because there is alot of great stuff waiting to be utilized but because people will still buy the tired stuff there is no reason for innovation. I mean....look at redcon1.
Nothing against them and I like Aaron.
But they are a great example.
Super good branding and marketing.
A couple million to start.
Aaron had some experience running a brand.
And they just sold 1m in product last month alone on amazon. 2 year old brand.

People mostly buy what looks good.
Like physically looks good.
My gf is like that. Shell pay 80$ for a b vitamin becauae it looks awesome. Of course I have to put her on restriction frequently

Blr will always be about trying to do things different.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree same old tired stuff because well...literally anyone can start a supplement company. Very few understand the ingredients and use new ones. It sucks because there is alot of great stuff waiting to be utilized but because people will still buy the tired stuff there is no reason for innovation. I mean....look at redcon1.
Nothing against them and I like Aaron.
But they are a great example.
Super good branding and marketing.
A couple million to start.
Aaron had some experience running a brand.
And they just sold 1m in product last month alone on amazon. 2 year old brand.

People mostly buy what looks good.
Like physically looks good.
My gf is like that. Shell pay 80$ for a b vitamin becauae it looks awesome. Of course I have to put her on restriction frequently

Blr will always be about trying to do things different.
Sad part is, as someone who has worked with a few supp companies I understand why companies like that and ghost make the products that they do. It’s extremely profitable

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good stuff Right here.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sad part is, as someone who has worked with a few supp companies I understand why companies like that and ghost make the products that they do. It’s extremely profitable
Absolutely true.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@brundel can we get some hints as to the 3 components?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its time for a new product.
We will be launching a new vasodilator in the next 14 days or so.
Will be a limited run of a few hundred units with a full run about 10 days behind.
This will be a pure vasodilator. Not a pre, there are no stims. Who is looking forward to something new?
nerw.png
So Dank!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@brundel can we get some hints as to the 3 components?
For now someone has already correctly guessed that it will contain quercetin-niacin cocrystals.
The other 2 are originally from plants but we have tinkered with them to improve bioavailability.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is an ingredient some species of radix (or root of), or a member of the carrot family?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been in the industry since 1999, started at 16 in retail at a independent brick and mortar. Products always relied on marketing to sell of course but man people used to actually care what was in the f**king product. Now they care more about how slick your youtube/IG video is.

I tried to watch one of those Ghost "Building the Brand," videos and I get ten minutes in and ZERO info about the actual product, research, effects......nope just some ass hat flying around the world setting up booths and picking fucking tshirt logos. Dear Lord. LOL

I did a test at the our shop here. We have basic brand NOW creatine, ON creatine and I added two less established brands Primevil and Insane Labz. I am not calling the latter two bad in anyway as I have used products from both and was satisfied.

Primevil and Insane Labz were about $20 a bottle for creatine mono BUT had about 1/4 the total servings as the NOW and ON. I watched as younger buyers would buy both and only grabbed the NOW when we were sold out of the others. Passing up two of the most established quality assured brands because they did not look as edgy/hardcore.:rolleyes:

Don't get me started on EVERYTHING having to have stims added because if you don't feel it from the first dose it's crap.....ugh. I am only 38 but am already the supplement industry equivalent of the "Get off my Lawn" guy lol. Damn kids these days lol.

Brundel keep up the good work and smart to avoid any RK nitrate drama lol.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you use syrian rue make sure to stack with datura pods and amantia.......

Don't actually do this anyone for the love of God IT IS A
JOKE.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been in the industry since 1999, started at 16 in retail at a independent brick and mortar. Products always relied on marketing to sell of course but man people used to actually care what was in the f**king product. Now they care more about how slick your youtube/IG video is.

I tried to watch one of those Ghost "Building the Brand," videos and I get ten minutes in and ZERO info about the actual product, research, effects......nope just some ass hat flying around the world setting up booths and picking fucking tshirt logos. Dear Lord. LOL

I did a test at the our shop here. We have basic brand NOW creatine, ON creatine and I added two less established brands Primevil and Insane Labz. I am not calling the latter two bad in anyway as I have used products from both and was satisfied.

Primevil and Insane Labz were about $20 a bottle for creatine mono BUT had about 1/4 the total servings as the NOW and ON. I watched as younger buyers would buy both and only grabbed the NOW when we were sold out of the others. Passing up two of the most established quality assured brands because they did not look as edgy/hardcore.:rolleyes:

Don't get me started on EVERYTHING having to have stims added because if you don't feel it from the first dose it's crap.....ugh. I am only 38 but am already the supplement industry equivalent of the "Get off my Lawn" guy lol. Damn kids these days lol.

Brundel keep up the good work and smart to avoid any RK nitrate drama lol.
You forgot to mention “underdosing” the fancy ones most likely underdosed

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah its a *&^% show out there.
If you guys really knew.....many of the brands you know and love are culprit not only of underdosing but false labeling (lying about what ingredients are) (lying and saying ingredients are even in the product) Crap extracts and claiming standardization and patented ingredients etc etc etc.
Ever see those products with 30 ingredients all at max doses.....I call bull(*^%.
Mostly because I know what these ingredients cost and manufacturing costs etc. They would cost more to make than they sell for. But people buy them because they have scary monsters or clowns or some garbage on the labels. Its all a marketing scam.

Better yet the products with 2000mg of stimulants in them.....Should be illegal.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you guys really knew.....many of the brands you know and love are culprit not only of underdosing but false labeling (lying about what ingredients are) (lying and saying ingredients are even in the product) Crap extracts and claiming standardization and patented ingredients etc etc etc.
Ever see those products with 30 ingredients all at max doses.....I call bull(*^%.
Mostly because I know what these ingredients cost and manufacturing costs etc. They would cost more to make than they sell for. But people buy them because they have scary monsters or clowns or some garbage on the labels. Its all a marketing scam.

Better yet the products with 2000mg of stimulants in them.....Should be illegal.
As fitness deals news likes to say on his YouTube videos, labels are just labels.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As fitness deals news likes to say on his YouTube videos, labels are just labels.
Shiny fancy labels are gnc’s top seller. People walk down the isle and see something bright and they are more likely to buy it. Plus most people don’t know how to read labels or like you said labels are just labels and sometimes it’s not whats inside (ex. Craze)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shiny fancy labels are gnc’s top seller. People walk down the isle and see something bright and they are more likely to buy it. Plus most people don’t know how to read labels or like you said labels are just labels and sometimes it’s not whats inside (ex. Craze)
So...everyone has heard of cellucore.
When I was starting BLR I was scouring the web for data. I found an old Cellucore powerpoint they had used for a meeting or something. It stated that their primary goal as a brand was to make the flashiest products available. Not good products, not products that work. Flashy.
They did just that and now they do about 160million a year.
https://www.kroger.com/product/images/xlarge/front/0081039002750

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not gonna lie .. ive been sucked in when i first started by shiny labels * cough cough BSN *

love those pretty red color ( my fav color thats why lol )

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So...everyone has heard of cellucore.
When I was starting BLR I was scouring the web for data. I found an old Cellucore powerpoint they had used for a meeting or something. It stated that their primary goal as a brand was to make the flashiest products available. Not good products, not products that work. Flashy.
They did just that and now they do about 160million a year.
https://www.kroger.com/product/images/xlarge/front/0081039002750
I knew there was a reasoning behind the chrome look. Even to this day it’s the first thing you see walking down the isle. BSN is another one with amazing looking labels that catch your eye

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not gonna lie .. ive been sucked in when i first started by shiny labels * cough cough BSN *

love those pretty red color ( my fav color thats why lol )
BSN makes the best tasting protein, peanut butter sugar cookie is the best tasting one ever. But the macros aren’t as good as most due too the higher fat and carb content in Syntha 6

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BSN makes the best tasting protein, peanut butter sugar cookie is the best tasting one ever. But the macros aren’t as good as most due too the higher fat and carb content in Syntha 6
Yes it’s more like a meal replacement ( I love the mocha flavor ) , peanut butter was great too .. yeah after you learn about stuff .. that’s all I’ll ever buy from them now

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone has a story like this. You see the shiny label blinding you from across the store.
Of course the margins are great for the store because the products are using cheap ingredients.
So the store salesman pushes it and you are confirmed that the shiny stuff is awesome but it seldom is. Ive probably told this story here 50 times but when I was first starting training I must have bought 50 products. Of those I can tell you with certainty that one worked which was the original VPX methyl 1 test. Of course it was real one testosterone. I was gaining easy 1lb a day for the first 2 weeks while leaning up. Burly stuff. Much of my hair fell out as well. Could hardly walk around I was so lethargic. but them gains.....
Creatine monohydrate also worked and still does. I use it still.
But LOTS of the stuff I used was just garbage.
0 effect but lightening of my wallet.
Currently aside from BLR stuff I use mainly generic stuff. Glycerpump. Creatine mono, beta alanine.
Caffeine at no more than 200mg.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

There are some "health-focused," products out now that are made by fitness/bodybuilding companies and until I see the independent third party test I will not believe the label. I am sure you know which one I am talking about and even Doggcrapp has said there is no way a small company can test every run of a 10+ ingredient formula were one of the ingredients alone cost 50%+ of what they are charging. I want to believe it is all in there, and it may be if they honestly make it but simply cut corners on final run testing due to cost, but who knows. As for the scary clowns I am still waiting on test results of a certain companies whey...............

Those of us who care know where to go Brundel and we try to steer the youngins in the right direction. I get at least one 16 year old a week at the shop who cannot tell me approximately what his protein intake is but is certain he needs a pre-workout, LORD HELP US...........then again I was buying MT Anotesten and Nortesten at 16 back in 1999 so who the hell am I to judge lol........also probably why I have been on TRT since late 20's lol.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BLR FD2 was the first time I saw quercetin-niacin cocrystal. I have now seen a couple of other nutraceutical co-crystal ingredients which is cool and seems like a great option for poorly absorbed compounds.

Can you give any insight into how a cocrystal is produced? For instance, I know that if I throw niacin and quercetin in my Kitchen Aid countertop mixer I am NOT coming away with a cocrystal lol. Thank you!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BLR FD2 was the first time I saw quercetin-niacin cocrystal. I have now seen a couple of other nutraceutical co-crystal ingredients which is cool and seems like a great option for poorly absorbed compounds.

Can you give any insight into how a cocrystal is produced? For instance, I know that if I throw niacin and quercetin in my Kitchen Aid countertop mixer I am NOT coming away with a cocrystal lol. Thank you!
There are a couple of methods but most utilize similar processes.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are some "health-focused," products out now that are made by fitness/bodybuilding companies and until I see the independent third party test I will not believe the label. I am sure you know which one I am talking about and even Doggcrapp has said there is no way a small company can test every run of a 10+ ingredient formula were one of the ingredients alone cost 50%+ of what they are charging. I want to believe it is all in there, and it may be if they honestly make it but simply cut corners on final run testing due to cost, but who knows. As for the scary clowns I am still waiting on test results of a certain companies whey...............

Those of us who care know where to go Brundel and we try to steer the youngins in the right direction. I get at least one 16 year old a week at the shop who cannot tell me approximately what his protein intake is but is certain he needs a pre-workout, LORD HELP US...........then again I was buying MT Anotesten and Nortesten at 16 back in 1999 so who the hell am I to judge lol........also probably why I have been on TRT since late 20's lol.
I love seeing test results. PM or email if its a sponsor.
When Follidrone 1 first came out some chemist guy came on here and posted analysis results of our epicatechin. Of course he said exceptionally pure. Close to 100%.
He then stated that he was going to run tests on several other sponsor brands and those brands all freaked out. Like mayhem. Eventually the thread had to be closed. Might still exist here somewhere actually. But whats interesting....Who cares if someone tests your stuff? I was happy someone went through the trouble of running an analysis of our product. This was when epicatechin was only in Follidrone and The Evomuse stuff (I forget the name). So it was great to show that what we had was pure (Matt was using the same source).
Why would anyone NOT want their stuff tested. Its a great way to show customers how great your products are and super good for marketing. Tested 99.99% pure!
Unless you know its not.
And you know some of the ingredients are not there or in microdoses etc etc.
Speaks volumes.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
I love seeing test results. PM or email if its a sponsor.
When Follidrone 1 first came out some chemist guy came on here and posted analysis results of our epicatechin. Of course he said exceptionally pure. Close to 100%.
He then stated that he was going to run tests on several other sponsor brands and those brands all freaked out. Like mayhem. Eventually the thread had to be closed. Might still exist here somewhere actually. But whats interesting....Who cares if someone tests your stuff? I was happy someone went through the trouble of running an analysis of our product. This was when epicatechin was only in Follidrone and The Evomuse stuff (I forget the name). So it was great to show that what we had was pure (Matt was using the same source).
Why would anyone NOT want their stuff tested. Its a great way to show customers how great your products are and super good for marketing. Tested 99.99% pure!
Unless you know its not.
And you know some of the ingredients are not there or in microdoses etc etc.
Speaks volumes.
Didn't the guy from Boldanic do something similar? I remember him making some testing call out threads and then all of a sudden he was gone and Boldanic was no longer a board sponsor/approved brand.

Reactions: 00A
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't the guy from Boldanic do something similar? I remember him making some testing call out threads and then all of a sudden he was gone and Boldanic was no longer a board sponsor/approved brand.
I dont remember that brand. I do think companies should be 100% open to third party testing of their products.
I think what happens is the sponsors will claim its bad for business or an attempt to slander them etc.
But...if the products are up to par who cares.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont remember that brand. I do think companies should be 100% open to third party testing of their products.
I think what happens is the sponsors will claim its bad for business or an attempt to slander them etc.
But...if the products are up to par who cares.
I can’t wait to get my hands on it

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am getting excited and getting my $$$ ready.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t wait for this product to be released!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rebirth has shipped to us so we will have soon. Ill send out an email blast to our list.
If you are not on the list head over to our contact page and fill out info

This contact list also includes newsletter, sales and promos, product release info, new product testing opportunities etc etc so dont miss out. Sign up today.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha love the name

Sounds like something from merch would say

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am sensing an early labour day release n' sale??