Myostatin Question for PA, anybody else with knowledge

Speedbacker

Awards
A friend sent me a link to a radio show- super human radio and they were interviewing the CEO of Celldyne, a pharmaceutical company about a new product that they created called folstaxan. In human subjects after one dose, they are reporting a 37% reduction in serum myostatin after a single dose. PA and others, what do you think about this? Complete scam or could they possibly be onto something?

My main question would be, ok it lowered myostatin by 37%, but was there any increase in muscle tissue?

Here's the site for the product: EDIT: Please read rules about linking.

Here was the interview if anybody wants to listen to it:

Super Human Radio Show Archive

Speedbacker

Awards
Bump, anybody got any input on this product?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Folstaxan -- a non-lipid fecundated standardized avian ovum protein supplement
Well this says that it's an egg-based protein supplement of some sort. Seems a bit sketchy but what the hell do I know? Could be the next big thing...or not.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
ive been researching quite a bit on myostatin the only drug in the works for inhibiting myostatin is Stamulumab. this stuff looks like another piece of **** supplement. in the meantime until weyth brings the drug to the market i believe that activin, particularly the form that binds to the ACVR2B receptor will offer the myostatin inhibiting benifits we all look for as its actually very similar to the Stamulumab, but the Stamulumab is an antibody.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
ive been researching quite a bit on myostatin the only drug in the works for inhibiting myostatin is Stamulumab. this stuff looks like another piece of **** supplement. in the meantime until weyth brings the drug to the market i believe that activin, particularly the form that binds to the ACVR2B receptor will offer the myostatin inhibiting benifits we all look for as its actually very similar to the Stamulumab, but the Stamulumab is an antibody.
The main protein in Folstaxan is follistatin. Follistatin binds to activin and neutralizes it and thus an elevation in follistatin equals a reduction in myostatin. Its quite simple. Dr. Carlon Colker is behind the development of Folstaxan.

The egg yolks that the follistatin is rendered from are from fertilized eggs which have a high degree of follistatin.

The science behind follistatin's ability to reduce myostatin was published by Se-Jin Lee's group at john Hopkins University - the same group that discovered myostatin.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Run it and do a log. We'd all be grateful. At least, I'd be.

Speedbacker

Awards
I'm thinking about it. I'm a pushover when it comes to guineapigging new supplements/drugs with a lot of hype, lol.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
A friend sent me a link to a radio show- super human radio and they were interviewing the CEO of Celldyne, a pharmaceutical company about a new product that they created called folstaxan. In human subjects after one dose, they are reporting a 37% reduction in serum myostatin after a single dose. PA and others, what do you think about this? Complete scam or could they possibly be onto something?

My main question would be, ok it lowered myostatin by 37%, but was there any increase in muscle tissue?

Here's the site for the product: EDIT: Please read rules about linking.

Here was the interview if anybody wants to listen to it:

Super Human Radio Show Archive

i looked up this celldyne company and this product on the internet. i truly wished that there was something here for real

i was dissapointed. no big surprise. this has all the appearances of a company trying to imitate a pharmaceutical company to pass on a supplement. no discussion of science, no patent applications, no published research, and a site which sorely lacks any semblance to a real pharm company.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
there is also a myostatin peptide product which is a blocker and is in development

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
The main protein in Folstaxan is follistatin. Follistatin binds to activin and neutralizes it and thus an elevation in follistatin equals a reduction in myostatin. Its quite simple. Dr. Carlon Colker is behind the development of Folstaxan.

The egg yolks that the follistatin is rendered from are from fertilized eggs which have a high degree of follistatin.

The science behind follistatin's ability to reduce myostatin was published by Se-Jin Lee's group at john Hopkins University - the same group that discovered myostatin.

follistatin is indeed a myostatin blocker

lets see some of this research. lets see how this stuff gets absorbed considering it is a long polypeptide. lets see how much is in the product

lets see a patent application, they say there is one, where is it?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
F- that

nobody buy it and nobody do a log

its about time people said NO to this stuff

say no until they show you some verifiable research. if they do this, then give it a shot

companies pander to your curiousity. they know that everyone cannot resist to run their own trial. can't resist to see whether it works or not. althought your rational mind may say it has to be BS, your compulsive side will always win over

until people learn to resist this urge, companies will keep pumping crap to you guys cuz they will make money

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I want to be fair so i emailed the company to give them the opportunity to substantiate their product. if they can then they will get a nice plug in MD.

Hello,

I write for muscular development magazine. I am doing some stuff on myostatin inhibitors and would like to see what research you have on your new product folstaxan

Any published research, patent applications, or any other verification of the products claims would be very appreciated. I hope to give a fair and unbiased assessment

thank you

Patrick Arnold

Speedbacker

Awards
F- that

nobody buy it and nobody do a log

its about time people said NO to this stuff

say no until they show you some verifiable research. if they do this, then give it a shot

companies pander to your curiousity. they know that everyone cannot resist to run their own trial. can't resist to see whether it works or not. althought your rational mind may say it has to be BS, your compulsive side will always win over

until people learn to resist this urge, companies will keep pumping crap to you guys cuz they will make money
Lol, you're right. Good points. Guess we'll wait and see some research first.

Speedbacker

Awards
I want to be fair so i emailed the company to give them the opportunity to substantiate their product. if they can then they will get a nice plug in MD.

Hello,

I write for muscular development magazine. I am doing some stuff on myostatin inhibitors and would like to see what research you have on your new product folstaxan

Any published research, patent applications, or any other verification of the products claims would be very appreciated. I hope to give a fair and unbiased assessment

thank you

Patrick Arnold
Let us know what you find, I am curious. I emailed the celldyne ceo a few days ago and asked him some basic questions, here's what he said:

1. How come there is no scientific published study on this compound?

There are two publications, from the October 2006 Journal of the American
College of Nutrition. See abstracts 65 and 66. Nine more publications are
underway. See abstract 66 below.

>
>You've said that you've tested this in healthy young men, i'm
>wondering where is the study and why you didn't tell us more
>details about the results?

See the above publications.
>
> 2. From the test subjects, did any muscle tissue hypertrophy result
>from this 37% reduction in serum myostatin?

Tissue hypertrophy was not a variable or endpoint in the study.
>
>3. Also, why is it that no patent entry can be found? Wouldn't you
>want to protect this product with a patent?

Several patents have been filed. It takes two to three years for a patent
to become official and publicly registered.
>
>4. Many people have also been wondering about the unprofessional web
>presence that looks like it was whipped up in an hour?

The website was literally whipped up over night because we knew that the
Super Human Radio interview would drive many inquiries . We will be
updating the site regularly. If you have any feedback or suggestions about
that site, please send them.

Abstract:

ABSORPTION PROFILE AND HORMONAL INFLUENCES OF Fertilized EGG YOLK INGESTION
IN THE HUMAN
Colker. C. Peak Wellness, Inc. Greenwich, CT

Fertile egg yolks contain significant concentrations of follistatin. In an
effort to identify whether this orally ingested source of naturally
occurring follistatin is actually absorbed and pharmacokinetically active in
the human model, this study was undertaken. A male subject was chosen
because the nornma1basline male physiology does not regularly contain any
measurable concentration of follistatin. Follistatin-rich fertile egg yolk
powder properly processed to preserve active follistatin (FolstaxanTM) was
obtained (Celldyne Biopharma, San Antonio, TX). After initial blood draw and
subsequential oral Folstaxan dosing, serum follistatin levels were
qualitatively and quantitatively) measured as an indicator of absorption. In
addition, since we know follistatin is a negative modulator of myostatin,
serum myostatin levels were qualitatively and quantitatively measured as an
indication of hormonal influence and thus true pharmacokinetic activity.
Testing utilized purchased follistatin and myostatin standardized for
verification. Confirmations were run by ELISA and quantitations by Liquid
Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometer with third degree fragmentation
(Expertox, Deer Park, TX). Results showed as predicted, a zero level of
follistatin at baseline with a myostatin level of 46 pg/ml, 12 hours after
FolstaxanTM dosing. Serum follistatin measured 57.1 pg/ml with a decline of
myostatin to 34 pg/m1, 24 hours after the initial dosing, follistatin levels
began to predictably drop from the time of initial dosing to 11.4 pg/ml. Yet
myostatin continued to decline slightly with a 24-hour level of 31 pg/ml.
These results clearly indicate that a fertile egg yolk powder properly
processed to preserve active follistatin, when orally ingested, results in
detectable serum follistatin. Furthermore, this resultant follistatin
presence has significant pharmacokinetic activity is shown by the hormonal
down regulation of serum follistatin.

Speedbacker

Awards
The wierd thing is that when I looked at the October 2006 Journal of the American College of Nutrition, I didn't see a single thing about this. I looked in abstracts 65 and 66 and throught the whole thing, but didn't find a thing. Neither did friends of mine, in case I was missing something. Here's a link to the October issue, let me know if I was just being stupid and missed it, I don't think I was though: Journal of the American College of Nutrition -- Table of Contents (25 [5])

Speedbacker

Awards
Here's another response from the celldyne ceo:

I asked Mr. Green- I know you said hypertrophy was not an endpoint or a variable in the study, but are there any early indications that you noticed
that show this will increase hypertrophy? Or is it all theory
going on the fact that a reduction in myostatin means an increase
in muscle hypertrophy? Thank you for your time.

He said: Thanks again for your interest. We don't consider the reduction of myostatin leading to muscle fiber proliferation to be theoretical at this time. When we designed the study, the endpoint of myostatin reduction more than 20% was the goal. The literature and studies are well supported that such a reduction will lead to muscle fiber and cell proliferation. This endpoint is more about muscle density and size increase.

An analogy would be that X units of insulin R will lead to Y reduction in glucose. We are that confident in the results of myostatin reduction.

On a technical point, we are talking about a proliferation of muscle fibers and cells. Technically, this could be termed hyperplasia vs. hypertrophy. Perhaps we need new terminology.

We are undertaking mice pair studies so that we can biopsy the subjects in order to quantify the increase in muscle fibers. Lean body mass composition is an important, but secondary endpoint. The open label human study will look extensively at LBM increase.

Unfortunately, we are limited in the information we can discuss about a study before is published. If we discuss results, it won't be published.

I hope you can draw your own inference from that statement.

What do you think?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
The wierd thing is that when I looked at the October 2006 Journal of the American College of Nutrition, I didn't see a single thing about this. I looked in abstracts 65 and 66 and throught the whole thing, but didn't find a thing. Neither did friends of mine, in case I was missing something. Here's a link to the October issue, let me know if I was just being stupid and missed it, I don't think I was though: Journal of the American College of Nutrition -- Table of Contents (25 [5])

the abstract looked viable. Without peer review there is no way to verify its aunthenticity. if someone can find this published somewhere that would be nice

It is important to note that fertilized egg yolk supplements are not new to the supplement market. I dunno the level of follistatin in them however

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Here's another response from the celldyne ceo:

I asked Mr. Green- I know you said hypertrophy was not an endpoint or a variable in the study, but are there any early indications that you noticed
that show this will increase hypertrophy? Or is it all theory
going on the fact that a reduction in myostatin means an increase
in muscle hypertrophy? Thank you for your time.

He said: Thanks again for your interest. We don't consider the reduction of myostatin leading to muscle fiber proliferation to be theoretical at this time. When we designed the study, the endpoint of myostatin reduction more than 20% was the goal. The literature and studies are well supported that such a reduction will lead to muscle fiber and cell proliferation. This endpoint is more about muscle density and size increase.

An analogy would be that X units of insulin R will lead to Y reduction in glucose. We are that confident in the results of myostatin reduction.

On a technical point, we are talking about a proliferation of muscle fibers and cells. Technically, this could be termed hyperplasia vs. hypertrophy. Perhaps we need new terminology.

We are undertaking mice pair studies so that we can biopsy the subjects in order to quantify the increase in muscle fibers. Lean body mass composition is an important, but secondary endpoint. The open label human study will look extensively at LBM increase.

Unfortunately, we are limited in the information we can discuss about a study before is published. If we discuss results, it won't be published.

I hope you can draw your own inference from that statement.

What do you think?
the last statement is understandable

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
this is the search engine for that journal

Journal of the American College of Nutrition -- Search

despite using author, volume, title key words, everything i could think of i saw nothing

Speedbacker

Awards
the abstract looked viable. Without peer review there is no way to verify its aunthenticity. if someone can find this published somewhere that would be nice
He said he would fax it to me. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Once I receive it, I will post it.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Let us know what you find, I am curious. I emailed the celldyne ceo a few days ago and asked him some basic questions, here's what he said:

1. How come there is no scientific published study on this compound?

There are two publications, from the October 2006 Journal of the American
College of Nutrition. See abstracts 65 and 66. Nine more publications are
underway. See abstract 66 below.

>
>You've said that you've tested this in healthy young men, i'm
>wondering where is the study and why you didn't tell us more
>details about the results?

See the above publications.
>
> 2. From the test subjects, did any muscle tissue hypertrophy result
>from this 37% reduction in serum myostatin?

Tissue hypertrophy was not a variable or endpoint in the study.
>
>3. Also, why is it that no patent entry can be found? Wouldn't you
>want to protect this product with a patent?

Several patents have been filed. It takes two to three years for a patent
to become official and publicly registered.
>
>4. Many people have also been wondering about the unprofessional web
>presence that looks like it was whipped up in an hour?

The website was literally whipped up over night because we knew that the
Super Human Radio interview would drive many inquiries . We will be
updating the site regularly. If you have any feedback or suggestions about
that site, please send them.

Abstract:

ABSORPTION PROFILE AND HORMONAL INFLUENCES OF Fertilized EGG YOLK INGESTION
IN THE HUMAN
Colker. C. Peak Wellness, Inc. Greenwich, CT

Fertile egg yolks contain significant concentrations of follistatin. In an
effort to identify whether this orally ingested source of naturally
occurring follistatin is actually absorbed and pharmacokinetically active in
the human model, this study was undertaken. A male subject was chosen
because the nornma1basline male physiology does not regularly contain any
measurable concentration of follistatin. Follistatin-rich fertile egg yolk
powder properly processed to preserve active follistatin (FolstaxanTM) was
obtained (Celldyne Biopharma, San Antonio, TX). After initial blood draw and
subsequential oral Folstaxan dosing, serum follistatin levels were
qualitatively and quantitatively) measured as an indicator of absorption. In
addition, since we know follistatin is a negative modulator of myostatin,
serum myostatin levels were qualitatively and quantitatively measured as an
indication of hormonal influence and thus true pharmacokinetic activity.
Testing utilized purchased follistatin and myostatin standardized for
verification. Confirmations were run by ELISA and quantitations by Liquid
Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometer with third degree fragmentation
(Expertox, Deer Park, TX). Results showed as predicted, a zero level of
follistatin at baseline with a myostatin level of 46 pg/ml, 12 hours after
FolstaxanTM dosing. Serum follistatin measured 57.1 pg/ml with a decline of
myostatin to 34 pg/m1, 24 hours after the initial dosing, follistatin levels
began to predictably drop from the time of initial dosing to 11.4 pg/ml. Yet
myostatin continued to decline slightly with a 24-hour level of 31 pg/ml.
These results clearly indicate that a fertile egg yolk powder properly
processed to preserve active follistatin, when orally ingested, results in
detectable serum follistatin. Furthermore, this resultant follistatin
presence has significant pharmacokinetic activity is shown by the hormonal
down regulation of serum follistatin.

some very key points

1) myostatin is expressed in muscles. it acts in muscles. its concentration in serum may or may not reflect concentration in muscles.

2) without a placebo control done on this guy at a different time we have no way to know if his serum myostatin naturally fluctuates this way anyway

3) he says that the male human does not normally have follistatin in his serum. that is in direct contrast to what they say below. furthermore, the levels below that are found in normal male serum normal male serum (approximately 0.45 ng/ml) seem to be on the level of 10 times greater than seen in the study above at the highest point. This bid inconsistency needs to be explained

J Endocrinol. 1998 Feb;156(2):275-82. Links
Development, validation and application of an ultra-sensitive two-site enzyme immunoassay for human follistatin.Evans LW, Muttukrishna S, Groome NP.
School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Headington, UK.

Recent studies have found follistatin to be an important regulator of activin bioactivity. Whilst a number of assay formats have been described, all are of limited sensitivity and require the use of isotopes. Many use polyclonal antibodies. Furthermore, a wide range of follistatin preparations have been used as standards, complicating inter-laboratory comparison. We now describe an ultra-sensitive two-site enzyme immunoassay using a pair of mouse monoclonal antibodies raised against follistatin 288. The presence of sodium deoxycholate and Tween 20 in the diluent gave results for total (free and activin-dissociated) follistatin. The assay had a detection limit of <19 pg/ml and recovery of spiked follistatin 288 from amniotic fluid, serum seminal plasma, human follicular fluid and granulosa cell conditioned medium averaged 100.7 +/- 7.5%, 89.1 +/- 5.5%, 98 +/- 4.9%, 96 +/- 7.2% and 123.9 +/- 11% respectively. The intra- and interplate coefficients of variation were < 5%. An excess of activin-A (50 ng/ml) prior to assay did not affect follistatin recovery. Inhibin-A, inhibin-B, activin-A, activin-B and activin-AB had minimal cross-reactivity (<0.3%). However, follistatin 315 had a significant cross-reaction (9.9%). Serially diluted human samples gave dose-response curves parallel to the standard. Pooled human follicular fluid contained high concentrations of follistatin (approximately 242 ng/ml). Follistatin was also found in maternal serum during pregnancy (first trimester approximately 0.8 ng/ml, third trimester approximately 2.8 ng/ml), normal male serum (approximately 0.45 ng/ml), amniotic fluid (sixteen week approximately 3.63 ng/ml, term approximately 0.89 ng/ml), seminal plasma (2.4-30 ng/ml) and human granulosa cell conditioned media (approximately 0.44 ng/ml). Serial serum samples taken throughout the menstrual cycle of ten women showed fluctuating follistatin concentrations (approximately 0.62 ng/ml) with no apparent relationship to the stage of the cycle. Interestingly, pooled serum from postmenopausal women appeared to have higher follistatin levels than any of the normal women (approximately 1.4 ng/ml). The possible presence in certain samples of mixtures of follistatin isoforms with different immunoreactivities poses major problems of interpretation in this and all other current follistatin immunoassays. Further work is needed to identify the major immunoreactive forms in different tissues and fluids. Nevertheless, the new assay has a number of advantages over previous assays and should prove a useful tool for various clinical and physiological studies.

PMID: 9518873 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Mar;83(3):851-8. Links
A two-site chemiluminescent assay for activin-free follistatin reveals that most follistatin circulating in men and normal cycling women is in an activin-bound state.McConnell DS, Wang Q, Sluss PM, Bolf N, Khoury RH, Schneyer AL, Midgley AR Jr, Reame NE, Crowley WF Jr, Padmanabhan V.
Department of Pediatrics and Pathology and Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109-0404, USA.

Follistatin (FS) is a monomeric protein that binds and regulates the bioavailability of activin. Previously, we found circulating levels of total FS to be similar in men and cycling women. Because relative amounts of activin-bound and free FS are important considerations in determining activin bioavailability, we asked here whether the relative proportions of these two changed during different physiologic states. For this, we developed a two-site, solid-phase, immunochemiluminescent assay for free FS. The assay recognizes the 288 or 315 amino acid variants of human FS and has a detectable limit of 1 ng/mL. Inhibin, transforming growth factor-beta, or alpha-2-macroglobulin do not cross-react or interfere in this assay. Preincubation of FS with activin results in dose-dependent loss of immunoreactivity, confirming specificity of the assay for free FS. Human follicular fluid, pituitary extract, and serum with added FS dilute parallel with the recombinant human FS-288 standard. Recovery of recombinant human FS-288 from serum is quantitative. Using this assay, we found circulating concentrations of free FS to be at or below the detection limit of the assay throughout the menstrual cycle. Comparison of circulating total and free FS levels in postmenopausal or cycling women and normal men suggested that at least 90% is activin-bound. In contrast, measurable quantities of free FS were found in follicular fluid and pituitary extracts. The results of this study, showing that most circulating FS is normally activin-bound, argue against an endocrine role for FS and suggest that a major role of circulating FS is to bind and neutralize the bioactivity of circulating activin. The roles of FS as a local autocrine or paracrine regulator of activin in target tissues, where FS exists in free form, or as an endocrine regulator in human pathophysiology, warrants further investigation.

Sub7

Awards
Patrick,

Why are people going this very indirect route when there is already a patent for a product that is developed by a reliable pharma company and shown to inhibit myostatin? "Research" companies copy and release all sorts of patented products as "research chemicals" (example; the viagra and cialis that one can buy as liquid suspensions from research sites). Why not the same treatment for the myostatin blocker that is patented and known to work? The details of its molecular structure should be in the patent documents, no?

Sub

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Do you know who's developing it?
no, but do a google on myostatin propeptide

i think they may be developing it to be delivered by viral based gene therapy

Speedbacker

Awards
no, but do a google on myostatin propeptide

i think they may be developing it to be delivered by viral based gene therapy
Just saw it. Thanks. You can actually place an order for it, but obviously it ain't cheap, and I have no idea on the dosing.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Just saw it. Thanks. You can actually place an order for it, but obviously it ain't cheap, and I have no idea on the dosing.
what site you looking at

Speedbacker

Awards
I haven't a clue on the dosage though. Do you know what kind of dosage would be needed?

Speedbacker

Awards
The ceo of celldyne sent me abstracts 65 and 66. It was sent in a scan format and i'm not that computer savvy so I just opened it with internet explorer. Again, I don't know why we weren't able to find it when we looked but here's what he sent me. He said something about a poster presentation in Reno, Nevada. This link should work.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/scan.jpg

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
If I remember right the main effect of myostatin lowering is hypertrophy, not hyperplasia. I had the damn study here somewhere which I think looked at this specifically, I'll see if I can dig it out of my computer.

Speedbacker

Awards
Here are abstracts 65 and 66. The link posted above doesn't work.

Attachments

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I found this plate and captions. Its from one of the studies done by Dr. Lee and his group over at John Hopkins. I thought it was interesting because it shows the difference between a mouse genetically predisposed to blocking the activin IIb receptor -vs- a mouse that produces high levels of follistatin. Naturally this doesn't mean that the Folstaxan will have the same results since the levels of follistatin elevation from Folstaxan are probably not near as much as what this genetically altered mouse is producing. Just thought it was intersting to further the discussion.

Figure 1. A muscle ‘explosion’ follows myostatin ‘neutralization’. The control mouse (normal) is shown for comparison. The ActRIIB mice have a genetic defect that prevents myostatin from binding to its purported receptor. Follistatin mice are genetically modified to express high levels of follistatin; this also results failure of myostatin to bind to its receptor. The result in both cases is dramatically enhanced muscle mass. Similar studies indicate large reductions in body fat. Strength and caloric output also increase markedly.

From: Lee S-J, McPherron AC (2001). Regulation of myostatin activity and muscle growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA 98: 9306. Image used with permission from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. Copyright 2003. National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Poor mice. I wonder if being killed and skinned can help get your ripped.

Can't find the study I was looking for. I got it from Dan over at the HR site. I can't remember if it was on knock out mice or some other type though, so I don't know how relevant it would be here.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
If I remember right the main effect of myostatin lowering is hypertrophy, not hyperplasia. I had the damn study here somewhere which I think looked at this specifically, I'll see if I can dig it out of my computer.
I covered this during the interview on my radio show. As I recall mice with a genetic defect that inhibits myostatin expression experienced both hypertrophy and hyperplasia, however, normal mice who had their myostatin inhibited experienced only hypertrophy. I have the abstarct. I'll find it and post it later.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I covered this during the interview on my radio show. As I recall mice with a genetic defect that inhibits myostatin expression experienced both hypertrophy and hyperplasia, however, normal mice who had their myostatin inhibited experienced only hypertrophy. I have the abstarct. I'll find it and post it later.
Which leads me to believe this product, if effective and that's a long shot to be nice about it, would probably cause hypertrophy and not hyperplasia.

Speedbacker

Awards
Which leads me to believe this product, if effective and that's a long shot to be nice about it, would probably cause hypertrophy and not hyperplasia.
Agreed

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
yes I agree. with a little added GH or IGF-1Lr3 the effects would probably tilt the scales in to hyperplasia.

The fact is that any myostatin binding/inhibiting product will be the same. But the study that is going to be done by Celldyne will shed more light. They are preparing to do a twin mouse study.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Any hot tub action in it?
:toofunny: the thought of one tiny mouse and one real muscular one and that parity that Joe Rogan used to do with the two guy working out in the basement in Brooklyn comes to mind.

CarlBenson

Awards
I really hope that this compound can induce hyperplasia. On the Super human Radio interview it sounded like they were doing mouse studies to see if hyperplasia was induced. Only time will tell. We need drugs specifically for hyperplasia without the negatives associated with GH and IGF-1..huge belly.

Speedbacker

Awards
I really hope that this compound can induce hyperplasia. On the Super human Radio interview it sounded like they were doing mouse studies to see if hyperplasia was induced. Only time will tell. We need drugs specifically for hyperplasia without the negatives associated with GH and IGF-1..huge belly.
Beggars can't be choosers. If this compound does ANYTHING it will be a pleasant surprise. Not trying to be negative, but honestly, the chances of folstaxan doing what it is said to do are slim to none. But then again, what do I know, it could be the next big thing.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Beggars can't be choosers. If this compound does ANYTHING it will be a pleasant surprise. Not trying to be negative, but honestly, the chances of folstaxan doing what it is said to do are slim to none. But then again, what do I know, it could be the next big thing.

you know, unlike other supps that were supposed to effect myostatin - this one is very straight forward.

• It's egg protein based - derived from fertilized chicken egg yolks
  • Fertilized chicken egg yolks have a high degree of follistatin
  • Other egg protein powders appear to be highly bioavailable - why should we think this one won't
  • Follistatin is the major protein it provides
  • Elevated follistatin reduces circulating myostatin - no one is debating this part - John Hopkins proved this time and again

I think the real unanswered questions are - what does reducing CIRCULATING myostatin have to do with HOW MUCH muscle growth. This is supposed to be elucidated through the twin-mouse study.

Dr. Se-Jin Lee's group is trying to arrest muscle wasting diseases by suppressing circulating myostatin through a variety of pathways. They seem to think it will have the desired effect.

I'm sure there will be some anecdotal summaries of the product a couple months after its released. I was told by Rick Green that's still on track for ~6 weeks from now.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
and also rick told me that comparing his product to that product of GEN humanafort is like comparing apples to oranges totally different products.

Speedbacker

Awards
you know, unlike other supps that were supposed to effect myostatin - this one is very straight forward.

• It's egg protein based - derived from fertilized chicken egg yolks
  • Fertilized chicken egg yolks have a high degree of follistatin
  • Other egg protein powders appear to be highly bioavailable - why should we think this one won't
  • Follistatin is the major protein it provides
  • Elevated follistatin reduces circulating myostatin - no one is debating this part - John Hopkins proved this time and again

I think the real unanswered questions are - what does reducing CIRCULATING myostatin have to do with HOW MUCH muscle growth. This is supposed to be elucidated through the twin-mouse study.
I agree, I'm just trying to be realistic.

Speedbacker

Awards
and also rick told me that comparing his product to that product of GEN humanafort is like comparing apples to oranges totally different products.
Black 747- I remember a while ago you said this:

Hello Everyone I Normally Wouldnt Post My Results But I Have Done A 10 Week Cycle At 500 Micrograms A Week Of The Anti-gdf-8 Pm Me And Ill Tell You What I Believe It To Do.

Were you full of **** or did you really experiment with it, or were you just being a tease?

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
actually it was five weeks at 500 micrograms a week and to be honest the tiredness effect i got from it was very profound
i will post more tonight got to go to work

Speedbacker

Awards
actually it was five weeks at 500 micrograms a week and to be honest the tiredness effect i got from it was very profound
i will post more tonight got to go to work
OK. Did you have an increase in muscle hypertrophy?

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
the biggest thing as for as muscle increase i think is my shoulders and traps got bigger know im not and expert in this
im just stating what happen to me my appetite was also uncontrollable i also remember my cholesterol level was real high i cant say it came from the anti-gdf-8 or not

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
i actually think it was like 7 weeks that i took the stuff i remember spending like 1700 dollars all together.yup like a dumb###