Myostatin Question for PA, anybody else with knowledge

Speedbacker

Awards
That sucks you didn't see the "unbelievable" muscle growth you're supposed to get when myostatin is "blocked". That's a ton of money to spend, but gotta give you credit for trying that.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
Thats Right Hey Im 215 Pounds 5ft6in I Dont Know Maybe I Did Something Wrong Maybe I Did Not Take It Long Enough I Know For A Fact My Shoulders And Traps Grew And My Energy Left I Started Getting Tired Real Fast And I Felt Like Crap When I Took The Stuff.i See People Thinking You Gonna Become This Monster Over Night While I Personally Beleive It Can Happen With Hard Work Its Just Gonna Take Time .maybe I Mix It Wrong Or Something I Used Bac Water I Dont Know Whos To Say That I Actually Block My Myostatin In Just 7 Weeks I Mean I Did See Some Growth Expecially In My Trap And Neck Area Just My Experience From The Injectable

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
I HAVE Seen From The Studying That I Have Done That Muscle Growth From Follistatin Is Alot Better Then The Antibody So Im Real Excited About This Folstaxan
The World Awaits Lol

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
I Must Add This, I Read I Forget Where That Muscle That Dont Produce Myostatin Gets Tired Fast So Maybe I Did Get Some Form Of Surpression Keep In Mind It Was Only 7 Weeks

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
well its nothing new like i said before the biggest muscle growth i notice and its still quite visible today is my trap and shoulder muscle it stands out from the rest

Aoba

Awards
well its nothing new like i said before the biggest muscle growth i notice and its still quite visible today is my trap and shoulder muscle it stands out from the rest
so at this point is the celldyne supplement considered bunk?

Speedbacker

Awards
Nobody knows. Nobody's used it. I don't think too many people are getting their hopes up because of it, but I think it's supposed to be released in a month or so and there will be people who will buy it, so I guess we'll find out shortly. I wouldn't expect much though.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established

I don't think he was talking about Celldyne....

No one knows what the actual effects will be of the Celldyne product.

If the results of elevating follistatin levels in mice translates to humans there might be a real valuable supplement here..

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I have alwasy had the question in the back of my mind - when it comes to myostatin inhibition on matured muscle - will it have an effect?

I know that genetically altered mice - whether ACTIIRb knockout or Follistatin producing - are born with this and their muscles undergo hyperplasia and hypertrophy as they grow from infancy to maturity.

But what can be expected if you start inhibiting mysotatin on a matured muscle in terms of growth.

This study was recently published and while its not conclusive - it does show that a reduction in myostatin does increase muscle size in mature muscle - but as we had suspected - by way of fiber hypertrophy and not hyperplasia. Its positive but don't throw the GH/IGF-1 out just yet.

1: Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Apr;292(4):E985-91. Epub 2006 Dec 5.
Muscle growth after postdevelopmental myostatin gene knockout.Welle S, Bhatt K, Pinkert CA, Tawil R, Thornton CA.
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA. [email protected]

Constitutive myostatin gene knockout in mice causes excessive muscle growth during development. To examine the effect of knocking out the myostatin gene after muscle has matured, we generated mice in which myostatin exon 3 was flanked by loxP sequences (Mstn[f/f]) and crossed them with mice bearing a tamoxifen-inducible, ubiquitously expressed Cre recombinase transgene. At 4 mo of age, Mstn[f/f]/Cre+ mice that had not received tamoxifen had a 50-90% reduction in myostatin expression due to basal Cre activity but were not hypermuscular relative to Mstn[w/w]/Cre+ mice (homozygous for wild-type myostatin gene). Three months after tamoxifen treatment (initiated at 4 mo of age), muscle mass had not changed from the pretreatment level in Mstn[w/w]/Cre+ control mice. Tamoxifen administration to 4-mo-old Mstn[f/f]/Cre+ mice reduced myostatin mRNA expression to less than 1% of normal, which increased muscle mass approximately 25% over the following 3 mo in both male and female mice (P<0.005 vs. control). Fiber hypertrophy appeared to be sufficient to explain the increase in muscle mass. The pattern of expression of genes encoding the various myosin heavy-chain isoforms was unaffected by postdevelopmental myostatin knockout. We conclude that, even after developmental muscle growth has ceased, knockout of the myostatin gene induces a significant increase in muscle mass.

PMID: 17148752 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Speedbacker

Awards
Carl, when are they releasing this stuff? Like 6 weeks ago or so they said it would be 6-8 weeks. Do you know when they are actually shipping this stuff?

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
well i have been in contact with rick and he told me that they are on track for july 1st shipping possibly sooner if it helps i am planning on running a log on this stuff.

Speedbacker

Awards
Black747- That TLR product you used, what was it called exactly? Was it their anti-Myostatin polyclonal anti-body? Or was it something else? Also do you know if that product you used was human recombinant or mouse recombinant? Thanks bro.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
human recombinant anti-gdf-8 and it want from TLR I WILL PM YOU WHERE I GOT IT FROM

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
well it seems as if rick has push folstaxan back again just recieved and email stating it will be the middle or the end of july before shipping. I promise you all a detail log on this stuff as soon as it arrives at my doorstep. peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shuuchuu

Awards
Its all a big con boys mun

You can't find the abstracts, the site looks sh*t, you have to pay to be on the waiting list?!?!?!?! Ot's registered as follows:
Domain name: folstaxan.com

Registrant Contact:
Celldyne Biopharma LLC
Richard Green ()
+1.2108869648
Fax: none
227 Adams Street
San Antonio, TX 78210
US

maps.google.com the zip, and then the street,

all the w's.san-antonio-texas.com is a B&B a few doors down,doesn't look to me like a place where a legit pharm company should be registered. In any case, it's residential. Either a massive con, or, if not, then definately it does't work and they want to cash in before everyone finds this out, by charging you to buy it?!

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
You can't find the abstracts, the site looks sh*t, you have to pay to be on the waiting list?!?!?!?! Ot's registered as follows:
Domain name: folstaxan.com

Registrant Contact:
Celldyne Biopharma LLC
Richard Green ()
+1.2108869648
Fax: none
227 Adams Street
San Antonio, TX 78210
US

maps.google.com the zip, and then the street,

all the w's.san-antonio-texas.com is a B&B a few doors down,doesn't look to me like a place where a legit pharm company should be registered. In any case, it's residential. Either a massive con, or, if not, then definately it does't work and they want to cash in before everyone finds this out, by charging you to buy it?!
The whois registrar info is probably someones home or his web person.

How can you surmise that it doesn't work or is a scam from a whois look-up?

I'll be doing a followup interview with Dr. Carlon Colker at the time product is to begin being shipped in July. He's the one who authored the paper on the test subjects results. The product will be released in July as expected according to email from Rick Green. I think we should all just wait and see. If you're not comfortable with the way the site looks or the whois registry - don't buy it. Just wait. But bashing them isn't the other alternative.

Dr. Colker wouldn't be involved if it wasn't real. He has a sterling reputation in this industry and way too much to lose aligning himself with a fake product.

I understand your suspicions. I have them as well from time to time. For instance, about the possibility of you being a shill who just registered to make this single disparaging post about Folstaxan. To some that might look like a fake post by someone who has a vested interest in the products failure. I'm sure its not - but see how some things can appear?

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
You can't find the abstracts

Here's the abstract I think you were looking for..

ABSORPTION PROFILE AND HORMONAL INFLUENCES OF Fertilized EGG YOLK INGESTION IN THE HUMAN
Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Volume 25, Number 5, October 2006
Colker, C. Peak Wellness, Inc. Greenwich, CT

Fertile egg yolks contain significant concentrations of follistatin. In an effort to identify whether this orally ingested source of naturally occurring follistatin is actually absorbed and pharmacokinetically active in the human model, this study was undertaken.

A male subject was chosen because the normal baseline male physiology does not regularly contain any measurable concentration of follistatin. Follistatin-rich fertile egg yolk powder properly processed to preserve active follistatin (FolstaxanTM) was obtained (Celldyne Biopharma, San Antonio, TX). After initial blood draw and subsequential oral Folstaxan dosing, serum follistatin levels were qualitatively and quantitatively) measured as an indicator of absorption. In addition, since we know follistatin is a negative modulator of myostatin, serum myostatin levels were qualitatively and quantitatively measured as an indication of hormonal influence and thus true pharmacokinetic activity. Testing utilized purchased follistatin and myostatin standardized for verification. Confirmations were run by ELISA and quantitations by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometer with third degree fragmentation (Expertox, Deer Park, TX).

Results showed as predicted, a zero level of follistatin at baseline with a myostatin level of 46 pg/ml, 12 hours after FolstaxanTM dosing. Serum follistatin measured 57.1 pg/ml with a decline of myostatin to 34 pg/m1, 24 hours after the initial dosing, follistatin levels began to predictably drop from the time of initial dosing to 11.4 pg/ml. Yet myostatin continued to decline slightly with a 24-hour level of 31 pg/ml. These results clearly indicate that a fertile egg yolk powder properly processed to preserve active follistatin, when orally ingested, results in detectable serum follistatin. Furthermore, this resultant follistatin presence has significant pharmacokinetic activity is shown by the hormonal down regulation of serum follistatin.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
Personally i dont think its a scam i am going to do and in debt log on this stuff soon

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
remember some of the worst products has the best advertising so dont trash rick for that website he have insured me that this product is for real and i will say this again i am going to run a log on it.be patient.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
alright i was imformed by rick that theres a toll free number 1-866 -750-5168 up and running for anyone who dont want to order folstaxan on the computer

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
alright i was imformed by rick that theres a toll free number 1-866 -750-5168 up and running for anyone who dont want to order folstaxan on the computer
Any update on when the actual product will be available, and perhaps more 'research' released on it? Last time I visited the site they were still selling 'delivery positions'.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
I just emailed rick asking him again whats the actual release date on this product and i will post what he says I must admit he have improved the website alot you can actually see some of the various effects of myostatin on human muscle but enough of that we want this product to be release and this is what i told rick, I will let you know what he says .peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I just emailed rick asking him again whats the actual release date on this product and i will post what he says I must admit he have improved the website alot you can actually see some of the various effects of myostatin on human muscle but enough of that we want this product to be release and this is what i told rick, I will let you know what he says .peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool. I think we'd have better luck praying for muscle than for this product to work to be honest, but I'm always open to hopefulness and the possibility that out of the BS something useful might arise.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
skeptics are to be expected i am hoping for the best as well

Speedbacker

Awards
Have you heard from him yet?

Speedbacker

Awards
Carl- When are you planning on doing that followup interview with Carlon Colker?

thedonker

Awards
BUMP

been watching this thread in the background so to speak hope to see progress:burg: :clean:

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
just waiting on my jugs of folstaxans to come in and then im gonna make a log on it good or bad hopefully its good

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
From the folstaxan site:

Flex was born with a genetic mutation that results in his body's myostatin being essentially ineffective. As a result, Flex gains muscle mass even when he does not exercise. Of course, exercise does increase both the rate at which he builds muscle and the total mass that he can develop.

Folstaxan, which has been tested in healthy males, acts in a manner which simulates the "Flex Wheeler" effect. Folstaxan inhibits the action of myostatin. In tests with healthy normal males, Folstaxan has caused up to a 37% decrease in the level of serum myostatin.*

I never knew this about Flex. Interesting.

thedonker

Awards
just waiting on my jugs of folstaxans to come in and then im gonna make a log on it good or bad hopefully its good

best of luck with that it would be great if it actually worked well for you keep us informed, have you got it yet then?:dance:

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
well from what rick told me gains can be expected between 2 and 5 pounds a month depending on your baseline myostatin level.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
no i havent receieved it yet but was told today it would be at my front door next week.

thedonker

Awards
no i havent receieved it yet but was told today it would be at my front door next week.

given the research i have read it is dose dependant anyhow, should be good, should in theory lean you out too best of luck again:clean:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
the abstract looked viable. Without peer review there is no way to verify its aunthenticity. if someone can find this published somewhere that would be nice

It is important to note that fertilized egg yolk supplements are not new to the supplement market. I dunno the level of follistatin in them however
The abstract looked good except for the fact that there was only one subject with no control which is just very strange and I don't see how it could ever be published in a respectable journal like that.

Speedbacker

Awards
The abstract looked good except for the fact that there was only one subject with no control which is just very strange and I don't see how it could ever be published in a respectable journal like that.
Was wondering about this too.

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
just emailed rick about that question and i will post what he says

BLACK747

BLACK747

Awards
  • Established
not yet speed rick told me i would be receiving it this week
but i cant log it on anabolicminds though against the rules