tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super sore.

Gave my bushes a haircut and tore out all my old mulch, edged by the concrete, tamped the soil near my foundation and poured more pea gravel. Had to dump all the old mulch and soil at the bottom of my hill by the creek that is a MOUNTAIN (were built on a steep lot) coming back up with the wheel barrow lol
IMG_4711.JPG

Next I’m tearing out the railroad ties and putting up a retaining wall with brick and corrugated pipe because the railroad ties aren’t diverting water like it should- it’s pooling by my side walk :(

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slept like poo, lumbar is big sore from shoveling mulch/ground for a majority of Saturday and a few hours Sunday.

W2d1

Bench 170x3x8
Reverse grip pd 100,110,120x 6-8
Db bench 65,70,75 x6-8
Plate loaded chest press 55pps x2x15
Machine Seated row 3x15
Pull ups 2x amap
Db curl 2x15
Ez bar tri ext 2x15
Leg raises 2x15

Pooped. I can tell you this, if my little girl doesn’t want to play after work I’m going anabolic and laying down lol

Take care
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lumbar is still not fully recovered so I didn’t go in this morning. Will train tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2d2

Power walk 15min

Standard lumbar activation

Band stomp 2x15
Deadlift belt less 175x4x5
Kb split squat 3x8
Db RDL 3x9
Machine donkey kicks 2x15
Pallof press 2x15 per side

First set on deads felt horrible but by my third set I was coasting. Should’ve taken more time to warm up with 135/155 - live and learn.

Take care
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2d3

Shoulder, rhomboid and pec warm-ups

Bench 170x3x8
CGPD 120,125,130x8
Cable fly 35x2x15
Meadows row 25x2x15
Swiss bar bench 135x3x8
WG seated row 90x3x15
Db laterals 10x2x15
Bb curl 2x12
Tri ext 2x15
Face pull 2x15

oOof.

Issa wrap.

God bless!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good work and got those hedges looking sharp.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2d4

20min power walk
Lumbar/pelvic floor warm up

Band stomp 2x12
Squat ~ beltless 165x5x5
Leg press 3x8
Back ext 3x12
Standing leg curl 3x12

Pretty productive. I’m dumbfounded I actually took more days to recover when my back was still sore and that I’m taking my time with progression lol only took me three years -_-

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3d1

Upper body warm up

Bench 170x3x8
Lat pull down 120,130,145 x7
Incline db 55,65,70x6-8
CG Seated row 90x2x15
Cable scare crow 2x15
Straight arm pull down 2x15
Pec deck 2x15
OHP 3x10
Bicep/tricep superset
Leg raise 2x15

Pooped.

Also, @Hyde @jswain34 or @kleen73, either of you have Paul Carter’s base building PDF or e-book? I want to transition out of this pretty successful training cycle (repetition is getting boring) and I think base building would be my best option to keep progressing and chance of reinjury low.

Thanks
God bless!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My back took a few months to recover from going to the ER on Christmas. Just take it slow and steady. Lots of stretching and mobility do WONDERS for recovery.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PM’d you boss
I was going to e-mail you a few questions but I figured it would serve the internet for me to post them here, just in case others perusing Pauls methods have the same questions (ill make a separate post about it lol)
My back took a few months to recover from going to the ER on Christmas. Just take it slow and steady. Lots of stretching and mobility do WONDERS for recovery.
Oh, I'm milking my training very slowly. If I take another step backwards with my lumbar I may throw my hands up in contempt and quit lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Base building questions:

1) With my EDM- I should be able to casually hit this on any given day +10%/-10% days, but Paul recommends to program your EDM as LOW as possible ~well up-to 68% like Shekio. So I know, I can hit 225 for a crisp single on any given day. But, here's where my real question is; I'll use it in the squat layout.

Squat 170x1 (75% of 225)
- 135x5x5 CAT/15min
*If I choose to "over warm-up" I could hit 185 then back down to my prescribed single- 170x1? Then finish my 5x5 CAT work. So, the over warm up doesn't ever exceed my EDM of 225, unless I'm have one of the +10% feeling days or to see if I *should* move to his next phase. I read quite a few guys use the "over warm-up" every squat/bench session, I'm guessing as long as you don't accumulate TOO much fatigue it's fine.

Full transparency, I read through the PDF very quickly yesterday after you sent it to me @Hyde lol

**Also, I may run another four block to round out this meso of volume because I've been doing REALLY well with it so far.

Thanks
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3d2

15min power walk
Lumbar stability prehab

Band stomps 2x12
Deadlift belt less 185x5x3
Back ext 2x15
Leg ext 3x25
Kb farmers carry x3x distance

Lowered the volume on my deadlift to pull a single next week @8 for another training cycle. I could theoretically use it as my EDM if I use base building or I’ll just program it in for my next trying block to finish this meso. Who knows.

Take care
God bless!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Base building questions:

1) With my EDM- I should be able to casually hit this on any given day +10%/-10% days, but Paul recommends to program your EDM as LOW as possible ~well up-to 68% like Shekio. So I know, I can hit 225 for a crisp single on any given day. But, here's where my real question is; I'll use it in the squat layout.

Squat 170x1 (75% of 225)
- 135x5x5 CAT/15min
*If I choose to "over warm-up" I could hit 185 then back down to my prescribed single- 170x1? Then finish my 5x5 CAT work. So, the over warm up doesn't ever exceed my EDM of 225, unless I'm have one of the +10% feeling days or to see if I *should* move to his next phase. I read quite a few guys use the "over warm-up" every squat/bench session, I'm guessing as long as you don't accumulate TOO much fatigue it's fine.

Full transparency, I read through the PDF very quickly yesterday after you sent it to me @Hyde lol

**Also, I may run another four block to round out this meso of volume because I've been doing REALLY well with it so far.

Thanks
God bless!
Basically the overwarmup is a neurological trick to help you lift more total load safer, more efficiently. So it only needs to be about ~10% heavier than the day’s main work tops. It needs to be something really sustainable that won’t burn you out, so the EDM needs to be low enough to let you consistently work with weights you can handle WELL. Base Building is off-season/slow foundational improvement programming. You are setting up for way down the road by sharpening technique with weights you can train properly with and working on hypertrophy (both lift-specific & weak point training).

Sam Byrd, in and out of gear, often only squat about 4 plates the majority of the time to eventually produce both 1,003 in gear and 900 in belt+wraps at 220 eventually. Paul also followed a lot of those CAT principles from Dr. Fred Hatfield. Most of the time, it’s just putting in the work practicing over & over lots of times until you are ready to finally start pushing.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically the overwarmup is a neurological trick to help you lift more total load safer, more efficiently. So it only needs to be about ~10% heavier than the day’s main work tops. It needs to be something really sustainable that won’t burn you out, so the EDM needs to be low enough to let you consistently work with weights you can handle WELL. Base Building is off-season/slow foundational improvement programming. You are setting up for way down the road by sharpening technique with weights you can train properly with and working on hypertrophy (both lift-specific & weak point training).

Sam Byrd, in and out of gear, often only squat about 4 plates the majority of the time to eventually produce both 1,003 in gear and 900 in belt+wraps at 220 eventually. Paul also followed a lot of those CAT principles from Dr. Fred Hatfield. Most of the time, it’s just putting in the work practicing over & over lots of times until you are ready to finally start pushing.
I see. I'm assuming the over warm-up is unnecessary for the squat Base building since it has the 75% for a single then back to the working percent.

Really the only thing ill change is the "Squat day". My lumbar can't stand that amount of flexion in a single session (Squat bb model + Deadlift bb model, then front squatting - rotating SLDL every other week)

Squat BB1
Front squat
band stomps

His obligatory dedicated back day + dead BB1

Pumped to start although I KNOW my work capacity is pretty crappy, so the timed work will be challenging - which is a good thing. So, for the foreseeable future- base building it is!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That 75% single is the overwarmup, I believe.

Yeah the squat you want to time and really try to push. And remember that attention to doing excellent forceful reps is part of CAT training - this includes setting up right & focusing on bracing every time. So push the rest times, but don’t compromise integrity to get done faster.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That 75% single is the overwarmup, I believe.
This makes complete sense.
Yeah the squat you want to time and really try to push. And remember that attention to doing excellent forceful reps is part of CAT training - this includes setting up right & focusing on bracing every time. So push the rest times, but don’t compromise integrity to get done faster.
Oh absolutely, my primary concern is staying injury free - with movement patterns getting better/stronger being secondary.

You came in clutch big time with the PDF, for real. Thanks.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Virtus update

24 days of use
- 20 days of a full mL
- last four days of 0.5mL
- the lump has continued to grow
- has gotten more tender since my last report while on the full 1mL of virtus
- zeros sides or benefits so far.

I couldn’t recommend this product for estrogen control (or rebound from stopping a serm), at all.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3d4

Power walk 15min
Lumbar, glute and ab prehab and activations

Band stomps 2x15
Squat - belt less 170x5x5
DB RDL - 3x9
Back ext 3x12
Leg ext 3x15

Took me 23min to knock out my 5x5, so when I transition to the base building model I *should* be able to handle the time limit (while still focusing on the core principle - bracing, speed and force).

I’ve decided I’m going to stretch this training cycle one more block to round out this meso and then transition to base building.

Next week is my deload

Take care
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4d1

Deload

Shoulder and scap warm ups

Bench 170x2x8 & 190x11
Lat pull down 3x12
Chest press plate loaded 3x12
Meadows Standing CG row 3x15

Reducing CHO intake this week while deloading - focusing on A LOT of salads (micros really) and less beef for this week (more fish and chicken) no particular reason for stopping beef consumption, just doing it lol

Take care
God bless!

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4d2

Deload day 2

12 min power walk
Pelvic floor, lumbar and ab prehab/activation.

Band stomp (2in band (width)) 1x12
- 4in band 1x12
*some off brand bands, no idea on tension choked

Deadlift
135,155 x4
175,185 x1
Add belt
205,225,245x 1
265x1 @8.5 new “pr”

Reverse grip pull down super set with ohp 3x12-15

Back ext super set with standing leg curl
3x12-15

Standing rope lat pull-in?
3x15

Everything feels good. I’m right on the edge of some aches (anterior hip flexor, right iliac and some forearm aches) and this deload week came at a perfect time. My sleep has been pretty decent with some nights broken and not restful so I believe fatigue accumulation has definitely built up. I’ll squat a single set of five Saturday and start a new block Monday.

Take care
God bless!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you have a short video of your ab prehab/activation? I assume this is for bracing before moving into the compounds.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will never go astray with the McGill Big 3.
This.

Depends on how I’m feeling that particular day but I’ll add in fire hydrants, hip airplanes, bear crawls or 90/90 hip lift.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Going to start using the big dogs daily and see if I can do them without any momentum. See how this treats my low back and core strength.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Going to start using the big dogs daily and see if I can do them without any momentum. See how this treats my low back and core strength.
Stuart McGill is kind of the man. Strengthening of the core & also creating better movement awareness and patterns to help avoid things that cause pain. The more you stay out of painful movement, the less painful things become - pain actually down or upregulates based on frequency of exposure.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m going to try and log some when I can? Everyone seems to take vacation and retire around the same time in the department so we’re on constant staffing (my department is uptown as well, so we’re always running calls).

IMG_5229.JPG

The foot print on this is bigger than I thought.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m going to try and log some when I can? Everyone seems to take vacation and retire around the same time in the department so we’re on constant staffing (my department is uptown as well, so we’re always running calls).

View attachment 209410

The foot print on this is bigger than I thought.
Yeah but it makes a great table for your shaker, notebook, gym bag so it’s not ever really a waste of space

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but it makes a great table for your shaker, notebook, gym bag so it’s not ever really a waste of space
Lol.

For now, I’ve used the reverse hyper 4x (EOD) light weight (as you can see from the photo) for 12-20 reps. Planking hard, tucking the chin and controlling the movement like you and rodja suggested. Been either using the “park bench” method to decompress my spine or hanging from my rack with my toes touching something as well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper (w/reverse hypers added)

145x3x4 + 10
Chin up 4x amap
Bb curl 3x12
Ab wheel x2x12
*Reverse hyper 3x13

Long layoff, so easing back in with Paul Carter’s primer 4 but bastardized. Lost a decent amount of weight and (subjective - since I only weighed 152lb to begin with.) weighing a whopping 142lb :/ now.

Take care

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Consistency is the key! I think about not getting out of bed to train most mornings, especially when it’s cold. You just have to get up and get moving.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Department workout (they really enjoy CF)

Battle rope
Plank
Kb curl
Dips
Plank
Squat
Tower run (five flights)
Slam ball
Rest
- 3 rounds

*didn’t mention- I’m still plugging away at the McGill big 3 before hitting my sessions at home.

Take care.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you back!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OoOf, I’m doing really well with keeping this up.

Reverse hyper 3x10r
Squat 5x3r
Bench 4x8r
Block pull 4x4r
Pull ups 3 amap

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I *should* be able to log more frequently. The department has been on constant/mandatory staffing while trying to fill open vacancies.

However, I have been consistently lifting. No specific program, just moving some iron.

Thursday-
Bench 4x5 + 1 amap - superset with-
Kb suitcase carry 10 meters
WG Pull ups 4x amap
Arnold press 3x12
Db curls 3x12

Friday-
RDL 5x5 - superset with-
Over the shoulder sand bag throws 5x8

Walking lunges 10 meters down and back

Yesterday-
Reverse hyper 3x12, 1x10 1x8
Bench 10,8,6
Db bench 2x20
OHP 4x8
NG pull ups 4x amap
Band ext 2x25

Some point after my daughters Christmas party with the church (it’s from 8am until 4pm) I’ll squat and pull.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Duplicate post because if it didn’t, it wouldn’t be AM.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, the Christmas party went a lot longer than anticipated. So, I didn’t squat or pull last night AND I forgot my squat shoes, sleeves and belt at the house so I didn’t hit either of those movements at work! So, I hit what the other guys were doing for the most part

20min walk

Kb squat 4x10
Kb swing 4x10
Leg ext 4x12
Leg curl 4x10
Box jumps 3x5
RDL 3x5
Kb carry 10m x3

To be frank, I typically don’t squat here as I’ve gotten accustomed to using my reverse hyper before squatting at home.

Take care

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

12min walk

Bench 10,8,6
CGLPD 10,8,6,15
Incline db bench 3x15
Arnold press 3x10
Cable curl 4x15

Get off shift in the morning, have Christmas Eve plans ( a lot of food -obviously) So, Christmas Day I’ll squat and pull at the house! Put that food to good use.

In case I don’t log on, have a Merry Christmas to those still following and those who wander into the thread! Enjoy you’re time together!

God bless!

Last edited:
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Happy holidays my brother. Glad to see you trucking along and putting in quality work.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Christmas workout.

Reverse hyper
25x15
50x15
70x12
90x12
92.5 x12

Squat
Pyramid sets up
175x5 @8

Block pull
155x5 @6

Shell of my former self!

Hope all have a fantastic Christmas! Enjoy friends.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
12/28/21

Bw 145

10min walk
Band ext 2x20
Band pull aparts

Bench 180x5 @8
Db incline hex press? 30,35,40,45 x8-15
Lat pull down 70,90,110,120,130 x8-15
Db military 20,25,30,35 x6-8
Hammer curl 25x3x10

Take care gents!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
12/31

10min walk
Bw 146lb

Reverse hyper
Warm ups x15
50, 70, 95 and 105 x8-10

Squat
185x5@8

Front squat
3x8-12

RDL
3x10

Easy peezy. Gotta keep the back healthy and continue to rebuild the base. The 105 for RH will be my working weight for weeks to come.

Take care
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1/1/22

Bw 146

Upper
Warm ups
External rotations
Band pull apart
Band ext 2x20

Bench 145x4x10
Bb row 4x12
WGPU 3xamap
OHP 85x3x7

Made a breakfast casserole and it SLAPS.

Spicy breakfast sausage
Poblano pepper
Onion
Sharp cheddar
6 eggs
1/3c milk
Pepper
Hash browns

Lunch has either been white fish (cod, Alaska pollock) with a fruit (pomegranate, banana, pineapple) and dinner is generally beef of some sort with a carb source (couscous, quinoa) and obliviously two nights a week I eat whatever the guys want to eat at the station.

Snacks are usually the XL nature valley protein bars, kodiak bars, yogurt or nuts. I don’t even count macros any more- 100% “intuitive” eating. Try to consume higher protein, low/moderate cho and higher fats (feel better in this regard).

Take care
God bless

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Workout Logs 108