Mk 677 What's the verdict

T

Toff

Awards
  • Established
one study was terminated because of serious adverse events

t would be prudent to watch your carbohydrate intake and regularly check blood sugar and insulin levels while taking ibutamoren.

As an anabolic, ibutamoren should be avoided if you have cancer. Both growth hormone and IGF-1 may promote cancer growth.

I would not take ibutamoren if you are Th1 dominant since growth hormone has immune stimulatory properties.

M

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Makes you tired for a week

Dont sleep well.

No real benefit.

May make things grow you dont want.
^^^^

Dumb post. This person clearly hasn't done any research in either the clinical or anecdotal sectors. If he had, he would know that huge numbers of people have reported awesome gains and absolutely love it...not to mention all the blood work and clinical studies PROVING it not only elevates IGF-1 levels substantially, but actually builds lean tissue.

Again, dumb post.

M

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

t would be prudent to watch your carbohydrate intake and regularly check blood sugar and insulin levels while taking ibutamoren.

As an anabolic, ibutamoren should be avoided if you have cancer. Both growth hormone and IGF-1 may promote cancer growth.

I would not take ibutamoren if you are Th1 dominant since growth hormone has immune stimulatory properties.
Which study was that? I've read well over a dozen studies and have never seen the study you are referring to. Furthermore, MK-677's sister drug (a ghrelin mimetic basically identical to MK-677 from a MOA standpoint) was just approved in Europe for muscle wasting conditions...and also showed increased lean mass, etc. It was shown to be very safe.

MK is also back in the works for a script drug in the US...and will no doubt be shown to be very safe, just as a dozen other studies have shown.

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I enjoyed my run on MK-677. I used it for a few months during pct, and I managed to gain a few pounds of lean mass. What I'm not going to tell you is how many pounds of fat I gained though. Next time I need to use some sort of appetite suppression/nutrient partitioning to keep my calorie intake and waistline under control. :yikes:

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like to use it all winter long 3-6 months. Can’t deal with it in the summmer hunger goes through the roof

J

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Dont sleep well.

No real benefit.

The last line is what always prevents me from hitting the buy button on growth products - the growth of pre existing tumours and cancers can potentially speed up

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Dont sleep well.

No real benefit.

You do know that there are studies showing it IMPROVES sleep quality. Now, it may disrupt sleep for some people as an adverse reaction, but as a whole, it’s good for sleep quality.

Not to mention the numerous studies showing various physical benefits.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I’d say almost every anabolic should be avoided if you have cancer; it’s not unique to MK...

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quick question

Guna add this to my up coming stack.

What would guys from anecdotal experiences or otherwise recommend of the following:

1) 10mg every day for 90 days.
2) 20mg five days on with 2 CONSECUTIVE days break.
3) 20mg five times a week with 2 “off days” spread out throughout the week e.g 3 one 1 off, 2 on 1 off (thus miss Thursdays & Sundays).

I feel it definitely blunts insulin sentivity and looking at ways to minimise this? I noticed as ran 3 months with 20mg every day and no break

Any help appreciated

Thanks

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shame that, I’ve had ephedrine from Canada no problems (banned here) but given that mk is totally legal you’d think it’d be ok....?
You guys in the Uk recommend a certain brand that you have used?

Thanks

B

Barca1323

Awards
For insulin sensitivity you should look into gynmema, bitter melon, Berberine and chromium. Awesome to help insulin sensitivity as well as cinnamon. They would be great to add to the mk to help negate those issues!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You guys in the Uk recommend a certain brand that you have used?

Thanks
I’ve personally used fusion a couple of times and dna anabolics once (when fusion was out of stock). Fusion is my preference and Gtg

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like 10mg for 90 days but mainly because 20mg has me lethargic a lot of the day.

C

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Weird everyone gets the lethargy. For me it seems the opposite, gives me some energy and I dose it at 25mg every morning. Think I’m getting less sensitive to it or need to buy a new bottle because the ravenous hunger isn’t quite as intense as it use to be. Or maybe since I took a few weeks off of my injections(test e) my test is low and isn’t having a synergistic affect like when my test was higher... any input guys? I’m a bigger guy to 5’9 260 or atleast for my height, need the hunger boost to get in enough food

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shame that, I’ve had ephedrine from Canada no problems (banned here) but given that mk is totally legal you’d think it’d be ok....?
I’ve personally used fusion a couple of times and dna anabolics once (when fusion was out of stock). Fusion is my preference and Gtg
Thanks for quick reply. I was looking st fusion or OL Gharine? Have you used both?
I thought OL was meant to be the best

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for quick reply. I was looking st fusion or OL Gharine? Have you used both?
I thought OL was meant to be the best
OL has always been out of stock when I’ve gone to buy but i would use it for sure. Heard nothing but good things

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
which peptide would enhance the effects of mk677 with as little protocol as possible? i originally planned on running 12 wks of ipam w/ cjc no dac but stumbled upon mk so i ran 6 months. im looking to take 6 months off before starting up again but im looking for a stack to optimize results. i read somewhere that cjc can be stacked and pinned 2x a wk w/ the mk ran at 25mg for 5 days on and 2 days off. is this the best option? anyone have any experience using mk w/ another peptide?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody try or know anything about a company called BUILT? Local shop had their MK for $29.99. 60 caps. 12.5 mg each. Couldn’t pass up the deal. Just don’t know much about the company.

D

DemonDevster

Awards
which peptide would enhance the effects of mk677 with as little protocol as possible? i originally planned on running 12 wks of ipam w/ cjc no dac but stumbled upon mk so i ran 6 months. im looking to take 6 months off before starting up again but im looking for a stack to optimize results. i read somewhere that cjc can be stacked and pinned 2x a wk w/ the mk ran at 25mg for 5 days on and 2 days off. is this the best option? anyone have any experience using mk w/ another peptide?
I dont know if there is much point in cycling it like that u might as well take it every day or have u read something that suggests thats the best way?

M

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody try or know anything about a company called BUILT? Local shop had their MK for $29.99. 60 caps. 12.5 mg each. Couldn’t pass up the deal. Just don’t know much about the company.
I hope you got good stuff (properly dosed) because if they are selling that amount for $29.99, they aren't making very much..at all.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope you got good stuff (properly dosed) because if they are selling that amount for $29.99, they aren't making very much..at all.
Yeah, couldn’t believe the price. As for the brand, I’ve seen it at other stores. The company specializes in sarms. I’ve seen the MK by this brand before but most places sell it for around $80. I’ve seen this BUILT brand in stores. I also see a lot of Genetix brand.

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
I dont know if there is much point in cycling it like that u might as well take it every day or have u read something that suggests thats the best way?
im gonna try to find the article i read. it mightve actually been on here as a matter of fact.

EDIT: Mk667- The No BS Straight Scoop ....

It won't let me post the link

D

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does everyone take this solo or is it combined with a form of a test booster?

D

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also Mike Arnold is insuligen supposed to be paired with soma as a Gda to blunt any negative impact to insulin sensitivity?

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Which study was that? I've read well over a dozen studies and have never seen the study you are referring to. Furthermore, MK-677's sister drug (a ghrelin mimetic basically identical to MK-677 from a MOA standpoint) was just approved in Europe for muscle wasting conditions...and also showed increased lean mass, etc. It was shown to be very safe.

MK is also back in the works for a script drug in the US...and will no doubt be shown to be very safe, just as a dozen other studies have shown.
Just my 10p here but I believe its reference to during trials 2 people had a serious cardiac event/adverse reaction which stopped trial, BUT they were elderly. However it got marked enough for countries like Australia to not sanction its use and they also published concerns over long term effects around it being carcinogenic (allegedly). I for one would love to take Mk677 but reading that stuff raises my eyebrow im not going to lie.

That being said what the hell do I know and theres all sorts of scaremongering around new supps so here's a question..
does masupps ship to UK??? :)

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ok so i have decided to take a punt on MK677 10mg at night. I have purchased Berberine to help keep blood sugar in check and a Blood Glucose Monitor. Now the questions.

Do i take the Mk677 with last meal of day or 30 mins or so before bed with just water?
Do i take the berberine with the mk677/last meal?
Do i take the blood glucose reading first thing in morning before breakfast, then take my berberine with breakfast/high carb meals?
Do i increase water consumption for MK 677?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
MK677 plus PowerFULL has resulted in the deepest sleep and most insane dreams ive ever had.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sounds positive. Any joint improvement or issues??

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wonder what effects MK has on cortisol levels.
Thats a very good question. I hope it helps lower cortisol but havent seen any info thus far about it. Am hoping running a low dose at night will reduce the lethargy and blood glucose spikes reported.

W

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on it for a long while and unfortunately I did not do blood tests while on. But I’m about to go back on for another long term. Nothing helps my joints like MK does.

D

dbenj7

Awards
Just about to start a run of mk. Anyone have any strategies to deal with potential bloat? I’m quite lean and hoping it won’t bloat me too much.

Also should I be worried about possible insulin resistance affects with 25mg a day? I don’t plan on going crazy with my diet by eat 250-400g of carb a day normally.

Thanks

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use 12.5mg and haven’t noticed any issues with bloat. Then again, I’m also on keto.

M

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do best on 25mg M-F, with weekends off. Dramatic reduction in pain (bone on bone arthritis). Using this protocol, it put my IGF-1 levels above normal (although not scary high). Most importantly, I saw no deleterious sides in my other bloodwork, and I had been on for 2.5 months at that point. People say I look leaner, although I've noticed no objective evidence of that. On the downside I tried 12.5mg, but it didn't give me the pain relief 25mg did (I weigh 245lbs)

Great tool IMO, especially if you're older (I'm almost 50) and have any injuries...

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm still waiting for more research on MK677 as the concerns around cell mutation, hyperplasia and the long term effects havent been bottomed out.

D

dbenj7

Awards
Anything regarding reducing insulin sensitivity, is this a concern? I eat high carb diet normally, I feel better and can stay quite lean but not sure if this is going to be detrimental with mk677

R

Ripple2352

Awards
I'm still waiting for more research on MK677 as the concerns around cell mutation, hyperplasia and the long term effects havent been bottomed out.
Long term effects of MK would not be any different than long term effects of injecting HGH. Actually, considering MK677 usage only bumps up ones natural GH production to a certain point, long term side effects would be less worrisome, considering MK only causes a raise of natural GH production that would be akin to a relatively low dose of injectable GH. Also, from what I gather, the real contributor to any tumorigenesis, which is what it sounds like you're concerned with, is IGF-1. This, along with GH, is also raised to a certain point. Since these raises are occurring naturally, along with the IGF increases comes production of IGFBP, which is a good thing as it kinda keeps the IGF from running absolutely rampant. So, considering the MOA of MK677 is natural production of GH, I'd think the potential sides would be far, far less than using higher doses of synthetic HGH, of which there are already long term studies and information available.

Now, I'm certainly not an expert and have not used MK677, though it's an idea I'm considering and I'm currently doing research on. Your concerns are certainly valid, I'm just trying to point out that the long term effects you're waiting on are already out there. That is, unless your speaking about some kind of toxic effects of the compound itself that I'm not aware of? If that's the case, please let me know what you found.

Also, to anyone who happens to read the above, if anything I've stated is incorrect, please enlighten me!!

R

Ripple2352

Awards
Anything regarding reducing insulin sensitivity, is this a concern? I eat high carb diet normally, I feel better and can stay quite lean but not sure if this is going to be detrimental with mk677
I'd LOVE more information on this as well, as this is the number one thing that has kept me from using the compound to this point. Increases in fasting blood sugar, which is what leads to the increased insulin resistance, is not attractive to me, which really sucks because everything else I've read about it sounds amazing! I'd really like more information about this particular issue, though I find it hard to come across!

D

dbenj7

Awards
I'd LOVE more information on this as well, as this is the number one thing that has kept me from using the compound to this point. Increases in fasting blood sugar, which is what leads to the increased insulin resistance, is not attractive to me, which really sucks because everything else I've read about it sounds amazing! I'd really like more information about this particular issue, though I find it hard to come across!
This! If anyone can please answer this be much appreciated

mugger

mugger

Awards
It's true. Watch your blood sugars. This will/can make you pre-diabetic/ diabetic over long term use.

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
I know this isn't the right thread but I've never been disappointed with the knowledge provided here. I've started taking GHBeast which is supposed to be Anamorelin. I plan on getting blood work done midway through my 12 week cycle. Anyone have a good protocol for it? I just want to know if 50mg/day for the 12 weeks is good or if 5 on/2 off would be best.

Last edited:
M

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's true. Watch your blood sugars. This will/can make you pre-diabetic/ diabetic over long term use.
Untrue. No offense intended, but ignorant statements such as this completely neglect to take into consideration the dozens of relevant variables that impact insuoin senstivity, while simultaneously misleading the members. It's as incorrect as making the absolute statement "injectable GH will make you diabetic". While exo. GH can indeed cause diabetes, it requires high doses...and even then it doesn't always do so. MK-677 can't elevate GH/IGF-1 to the same degree as high-dose GH, so the potential for causing serious BG regulation issues is even lower. In fact, I would say impossible under normal circumstances. More explanation is in order.

All GH peptides/secretagogues will reduce insulin sensitivity, but there is a big difference between saying MK-677 will reduce insulin senstivity and saying it will make you diabetic. Basically, diabetes is nothing more than having very poor insulin senstivity. So, the question that needs to be asked is "to what degree can MK-677 decrease insulin senstivity"....and the answer is "NOWHERE NEAR enough to cause diabetes".

Now, can MK-677 CONTRIBUTE to diabetes? OF COURSE! So can GH, IGF-1, eating too much sugar, not getting enough exercise, being too damn fat, and about a dozen other things! The more pressing question is "can MK-677 cause diabetes in a person with good or even normal insulin senstivity?" HELL NO!

In reality, bodybuilders and fitness athletes who don't use injectable GH or insulin FREQUENTLY have some of the best insulin senstivity on the planet! Their above average amount of muscle mass, weight training, cardio, clean eating and low bodyfat levels all make these individuals EXTREMELY likely to have GREAT insulin senstivity! Even bodybuilders who use low to moderate doses of GH and insulin, such as 3-5 iu of GH/daily and 10-20 iu of insulin 3-4 tmes weekly, typically have good insulin senstivity as well.

Adding MK-677 into the lives of these individuals will, at worst, leave them with normal to slightly below normal insulin senstivity (nowhere near being clinically diabetic). Now, if you add MK-677 into the life of someone who is already pre-diabetic or close to it because of their poor lifestyle choices and/or heath issues, then MK may be the thing that pushes them over the edge into pre-diabetes/diabetes, but in this case the MK would only be ONE of many factors--the straw the broke the camel's back, so to speak. Putting all the blame on MK alone and say "it will make you diabetic" is just plain wrong.

I should also mention that taking a solid insulin sensitsizer, such as berberine, can completely (or near completely) reverse any decrease in insulin sensitivity that an MK user might experience, bringing them back to where they started (with good insulin senstivity) before MK. So, not only does MK only have mild to moderate effects on insulin senstivity, it is very easily corrected with the proper supplementation.

Last edited:
M

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know this isn't the right thread but I've never been disappointed with the knowledge provided here. I've started taking GHBeast which is supposed to be Anamorelin. I plan on getting blood work done midway through my 12 week cycle. Anyone have a good protocol for it? I just want to know if 50mg/day for the 12 weeks is good or if 5 on/2 off would be best.
Anamorelin? I doubt it...unless you paid well over $100 for it. The cost of Anamorelin (from China) is like 50K per kg right now. It was 65K a couple years ago.