Mk 677 What's the verdict

relbatnrut

Awards
Just read the whole thread. Some good info inside, but...

Putting vitamin D and melatonin in the same product seems foolish, since melatonin is a hormone involved in signalling sleep, while vitamin D is a hormone involved in signalling wakefulness. I would ascribe some of the difficulties people have with lethargy and restless nights to either taking a large dose of melatonin in the morning, or to taking vitamin D in the evening. You know some people use blue light alarm clocks? Part of the reason they work is the vitamin D your body can synthesize from the light they emit. gwern.net /zeo/Vitamin-D

I'd also like to see third party testing on "somatozine " (and all other mk-677 products). HNMR, HPLC, ICP-MS, etc. Benzyl chloroformate is a byproduct of synthesis, and it is highly toxic.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just read the whole thread. Some good info inside, but...

Putting vitamin D and melatonin in the same product seems foolish, since melatonin is a hormone involved in signalling sleep, while vitamin D is a hormone involved in signalling wakefulness. I would ascribe some of the difficulties people have with lethargy and restless nights to either taking a large dose of melatonin in the morning, or to taking vitamin D in the evening. You know some people use blue light alarm clocks? Part of the reason they work is the vitamin D your body can synthesize from the light they emit. gwern.net /zeo/Vitamin-D

I'd also like to see third party testing on "somatozine " (and all other mk-677 products). HNMR, HPLC, ICP-MS, etc. Benzyl chloroformate is a byproduct of synthesis, and it is highly toxic.
NONSENSE! Vitamin D isn't keeping anyone awake. There are far more important factors to worry about when it comes to sleep, both endogenous and exogenous, than Vitamin D. Anyone who has any knowledge of real-world application understands that.

So, you can continue "ascribing" all you like, but you're wrong. First of all, sleep disturbances happen all the time with pure MK. If anything, real-world results show that Somatozine results is FEWER sleep disturbances than straight MK, not more. Furthermore, if you were aware of all the compounds in Somatozine that influence sleep and how they they do so, you would understand that any negative effect that Vitamin D MIGHT have on sleep (which is exceedingly minimal and unlikely to be noticed even when Vitamin D is taken solo) would be GREATLY overpowered by the numerous pro-sleep compounds/effects in Somatozine.

There are several very good reasons for combining Vitamin D and melatonin. I have attached 22 scientific references to the product description if you would like to learn why.

By the way, we are constantly testing not just MK, but EVERYTHING we sell. I use the same MK-677 in MA research that I do in Somatozine...and every customer that orders receives an HPLC report with their order showing 99%+ purity.

relbatnrut

Awards
I mean, I have real world experience with Vitamin D, melatonin, zinc, mag, etc. The others make sense to me, but Vitamin D certainly does not. It keeps me awake if dosed in the evening. Also doses above ~1mg melatonin destroy my sleep architecture (as backed up by my fitbit, but also evident by my tiredness/grogginess). YMMV.

That's a very nice collection of citations. It makes me glad that I am taking all the vitamins and minerals you've included in your formula. My only issue is timing. However, having gone through all of them, none of them even mention vitamin D and melatonin in the same paper.

Glad to hear you do third party testing. Personally, one thing that influenced my decision of where to buy was whether that was included on the website for all to see.

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
Any coupon code for somatozine? Thinking about picking up a batch to continue after my current liquid run is over.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any benifits to use MK in a 6 week's cutting phase or is it too short of time to get rid of some extra fat?

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, I have real world experience with Vitamin D, melatonin, zinc, mag, etc. The others make sense to me, but Vitamin D certainly does not. It keeps me awake if dosed in the evening. Also doses above ~1mg melatonin destroy my sleep architecture (as backed up by my fitbit, but also evident by my tiredness/grogginess). YMMV.

That's a very nice collection of citations. It makes me glad that I am taking all the vitamins and minerals you've included in your formula. My only issue is timing. However, having gone through all of them, none of them even mention vitamin D and melatonin in the same paper.

Glad to hear you do third party testing. Personally, one thing that influenced my decision of where to buy was whether that was included on the website for all to see.
you would have to be the first instance in history of vitamin D keeping anyone awake or causing sleep issues. We give it nocte all the bloody time. Hell we even give mega dosed Vitamin D injections in the evening (talking 300 000 units) and the patients sleep fine.

As for melatonin doses have you ever tried slow release melatonin? IR or homeopathic melatonin wears off to quick so you will definitely wake up through the night, all the clinical studies were done using controlled release melatonin though.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you would have to be the first instance in history of vitamin D keeping anyone awake or causing sleep issues. We give it nocte all the bloody time. Hell we even give mega dosed Vitamin D injections in the evening (talking 300 000 units) and the patients sleep fine.

As for melatonin doses have you ever tried slow release melatonin? IR or homeopathic melatonin wears off to quick so you will definitely wake up through the night, all the clinical studies were done using controlled release melatonin though.
That certainly is interesting..

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
So no coupon code? Still interested in picking up a few bottles.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been off MK-677 for about a month, as I wanted to stop taking it when I went on my cut. This is after being on MK since last August. Some people claim it aids in fat loss....but I never appreciated any hints of this being the case.

Anyway, I decided to take my former regular dose (about 12-15mg) yesterday to see how I felt. It hit me pretty hard!

I took it in the morning a few hours after taking my stims and my current prohormones. I lost all motivation and ended up going back to bed and had some vivid dreams for about 1.5 hours. I woke up and I was ravenously hungry for carbs and stuffed everything in my face that I could find. If there was an entire cake in front of me...I would have killed it in 5 minutes.

I decided I will most likely stay off it until the end of summer :)

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I have been off MK-677 for about a month, as I wanted to stop taking it when I went on my cut. This is after being on MK since last August. Some people claim it aids in fat loss....but I never appreciated any hints of this being the case.

Anyway, I decided to take my former regular dose (about 12-15mg) yesterday to see how I felt. It hit me pretty hard!

I took it in the morning a few hours after taking my stims and my current prohormones. I lost all motivation and ended up going back to bed and had some vivid dreams for about 1.5 hours. I woke up and I was ravenously hungry for carbs and stuffed everything in my face that I could find. If there was an entire cake in front of me...I would have killed it in 5 minutes.

I decided I will most likely stay off it until the end of summer :)
The hunger was a problem when i began it on a cut before, i have been off it for around 5-6 weeks now after a 6 month run.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The hunger was a problem when i began it on a cut before, i have been off it for around 5-6 weeks now after a 6 month run.
Couldn't cut with it either.
During my 9 month or so run, the hunger and lethargy did subside as both were not all that noticeable through most of the run. I am just not at a point right now where I want to go through that transition.

Dirty Duke

Dirty Duke

Awards
Been cycling MK on and off since 2015 now, never had any issues with ravenous hunger from it. I never take it during the day, only before bed immediately after a slow digesting final meal of the day. See how that works for you...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
During my 9 month or so run, the hunger and lethargy did subside as both were not all that noticeable through most of the run. I am just not at a point right now where I want to go through that transition.
Well I was taking it 4 months prior to the cut. So I was def accustomed to it. It's just unnecessary suffering to be running mk on a cut :)

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I always take all 30 mgs prior to bed to prevent this is much as possible, also it eases after a few weeks to a month and is not as bad then as when first adding it back in, what brand do you go for, i have only ever used MK677 by DNA Anabolics but i do not know if it is the best because many have reported it as being Bunk.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always take all 30 mgs prior to bed to prevent this is much as possible, also it eases after a few weeks to a month and is not as bad then as when first adding it back in, what brand do you go for, i have only ever used MK677 by DNA Anabolics but i do not know if it is the best because many have reported it as being Bunk.
Started off with Focused Nutrition, then Aggressive Labz, and then it has all been PRE. Looking back, I would say they all had similar affect on me. Focused Nutrition seemed to be the most potent...then again, that was my first time experimenting with the product. The FN product always made my skin flushed too, kind of in a good way. People would always ask me where I was getting all my color :)

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
I'm six months in and up almost 20lbs. started at about 185lbs and today's morning weight was 202lbs. Sleep wasn't what I had anticipated, though. Haven't slept through the night in a long while. Haven't seen a major difference in body recomp either. Gonna take a 3 month break and hop back on in October.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm six months in and up almost 20lbs. started at about 185lbs and today's morning weight was 202lbs. Sleep wasn't what I had anticipated, though. Haven't slept through the night in a long while. Haven't seen a major difference in body recomp either. Gonna take a 3 month break and hop back on in October.
So are you saying the 20lbs was all water weight?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So are you saying the 20lbs was all water weight?
I read that more of that he’s ~20lbs heavier, but at a similar body fat % or leanness as he was, so he gained muscle, water, and fat. I could very well be wrong, but that’s how I read it. He said no chance in recomp, which seems to me that he just noticed bulking?

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
Definitely not all water weight. Majority lean muscle. Arms, legs, chest, shoulders, traps all gained significant size. Pumps last a lot longer. Back is wider. Makes me regret not taking before/after pics and measurements. This stuff is legit. I was really looking forward to better sleep but it's been all over the place. Kept the diet in check for the most part and water intake was high. I was just eating like a beast all the time.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started MK and I'am on day 3 at 15mg.
Is it a common (side)effect to feel some dizziness on and off the first days?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been on it for 1 year and 2 months straight, 10mg each nigh before bed, other than better joint mobility and flexibility not much to repport. That alone is worth it as I am 40 year old , but nothing crazier than that. Maybe 20 mg would be different? I am using OL Gherad1ne.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will say when I switched from OL things did get better for me. Will never use OL mk again. But maybe just me.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will say when I switched from OL things did get better for me. Will never use OL mk again. But maybe just me.
Interesting, what dosage where you using from OL? When you switch did you keep the same dosage?

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
not just you
imo OL gharine is garbage and not legit gharine 0r massively underdosed

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did keep same dosage, for me reading the studies 10mg is right for me and my goals and close to side effect free. I love OL brand but I have gotten better results using others for mk677. PM with any questions.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Any opinions between going with PRE mk677 or MAresearch mk677?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any opinions between going with PRE mk677 or MAresearch mk677?
Of course, I own the company, so my comments are going to be positive, but they are truthful none the less. My MK-677 is absolutely killer--made in the US and over 99% pure with a lab test attached. It is always priced exceptionally low--only $43.99 with a 20% off discount code (loyal20), which will remain valid until we start taking e-checks. The usual discount is 15%. Either way, it is priced great. You won't find a single review on my MK anywhere that is not exceptional--every single one. Many have said it is the best MK they have ever used--well over 100 people (many of which I could refer you to). I've never heard one person say they've used a better version anywhere.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Of course, I own the company, so my comments are going to be positive, but they are truthful none the less. My MK-677 is absolutely killer--made in the US and over 99% pure with a lab test attached. It is always priced exceptionally low--only $43.99 with a 20% off discount code (loyal20), which will remain valid until we start taking e-checks. The usual discount is 15%. Either way, it is priced great. You won't find a single review on my MK anywhere that is not exceptional--every single one. Many have said it is the best MK they have ever used--well over 100 people (many of which I could refer you to). I've never heard one person say they've used a better version anywhere.
^^^this

thaifoon90

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a big difference between your RC mk-677 and somatozine? I've been taking somatozine for about 6-7 months now and have liked it.

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
I've been on liquid form for the last 6 months but I want to give your Somatozine a try. I was wondering if it would be in my best interest to take some time off between my liquid run and Somatozine or just continue straight through. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you ship to the uk mike?

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went from liquid right to somatozine and I highly recommend it personally.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I asked him this a while back. Unfortunately the don’t do the eu due to custom arsehles
Whisky

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I asked him this a while back. Unfortunately the don’t do the eu due to custom arsehles
Whisky
I thought UK was available as a checkout option, anyway things must have changed...

He should do something like a local EU store to serve this market as well.

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a bottomless pit on this stuff and crave nothing but junk food. I've tried to run it on 2 separate occasions and I legit can't control myself.

I wish I wasn't like this ?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought UK was available as a checkout option, anyway things must have changed...

He should do something like a local EU store to serve this market as well.
He told me they don’t ship over here because of the high rate of seizures from customs. There is another thing that would be applicable to uk only (in the eu) and that it contains melatonin and as far as I’m aware it’s prescription only in the uk so that would be another hurdle. However here in Spain they sell it in the supermarkets so it would be fine here.... nudge wink Arnold ;-)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whisky
Shame that, I’ve had ephedrine from Canada no problems (banned here) but given that mk is totally legal you’d think it’d be ok....?

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He told me they don’t ship over here because of the high rate of seizures from customs. There is another thing that would be applicable to uk only (in the eu) and that it contains melatonin and as far as I’m aware it’s prescription only in the uk so that would be another hurdle. However here in Spain they sell it in the supermarkets so it would be fine here.... nudge wink Arnold ;-)
Could it be the packaging? Not discreet enough or mention of what kind of product/value is in it?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any coupon codes for MA?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there a big difference between your RC mk-677 and somatozine? I've been taking somatozine for about 6-7 months now and have liked it.
Sorry about the slow response. been pretty busy.

Somatozine contains MK plus a half-dozen other things. These additional compounds do improve one's overall results because they produce effects such as increased IGF-1 conversion, increased free GH levels, increased IGF-1 bioavailability and half-life, etc, etc, etc. Still, MK-677 is responsible for the majority of the product's effects.

MA Research MK-677 is for in vitro research only, so I can't make a direct comparison in that way, but based on the available research, it would seem that Somatozine is slightly more effective, but also costs more, while regular MK-677 would still work very well at a reduced price.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been on liquid form for the last 6 months but I want to give your Somatozine a try. I was wondering if it would be in my best interest to take some time off between my liquid run and Somatozine or just continue straight through. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!
It's really up to you and what you want to do. If you're asking me if it is harmful to stay on longer...or will lead the reduced gains, the answer is no. The more you use it, the better your gains will be, but each person needs to make this decision for themselves based on their own personal finances.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whisky
We are now. I will be assuming full ownership of the company within a week or so and will be making some changes--all for the better.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Makes you tired for a week

Dont sleep well.

No real benefit.

May make things grow you dont want.