MK-677 and Severe Hypoglycemic Reactions

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
Hello everyone. So, something not so great happened to me this past weekend. I was driving to a friends house. About 10 min into my drive I started getting pins and needles in my hands and feet. Eventually moments later it traveled to my extremities. A few minutes later, I started feeling extremely week. This is where I began to worry and pulled into a parking lot. I sat in my truck for a bit, slumped in my chair with hardly enough energy to lift a finger. Now, this is where things started getting serious, as if I wasn’t already scared… now my abs and forearms start cramping, and every muscle in my body tensed up, causing my fingers and toes to cramp together. I now couldn’t open my hands and the muscle tension I was experiencing was terrifying. I couldn’t even fucking roll my windows up and turn the AC on yet somehow I managed. The fucked up part here was the fact all I was thinking about was weather or not I wanted a $1000 ambulance bill. I waited it out and 5-10 min later I felt ok to drive. I rushed my stupid ass to dunkins and grabbed a couple donuts, inhaled them, and was back to normal 20-30 mins later. All I have to say is, wow, what an experience. It felt like a dream at one point I just couldn’t believe what was happening to me. I take no other drugs or prescription medications, supplements, etc. I’m very lean, in good health and there’s zero history of diabetes on either side of my family, same goes for heart disease. I eat extremely well in regards to energy balance and quality food sources besides an occasional treat here and there.

This is a warning to all. It does not matter how rare this side effect of the drug may be, it’s just not even worth it. I was taking 12.5 mg for 4-5 days and even stopped a day or two prior to this because I did not like the anxiety it was giving me. I’ve ran this for a couple months before without any issues at all. Nothing in my life has changed since my last run diet or training wise.

I want to be very clear to those who aren’t aware that if this was indeed a hypoglycemic reaction, it’s potentially LIFE THREATENING. What happened to me was not a joke and I cannot believe it happened still. The only thing I wish I would have done was gone to the ER. Then I would have been absolutely sure that’s what this was. This happened to my my first ever dose taking this drug however to a fraction of the extent, maybe some sweating and slight fatigue that lasted 5-10 min.

For those considering this drug I’d stay away. It’s entirely useless. It improved my cardio and I gained weight (water) however is that worth giving myself pharmaceutical diabetes? **** that. You’re insane if you are willing to take that risk, and I feel quite stupid for messing with a research drug. SARMs are one thing, but this **** is just straight foolish. I’m sure I’ll get those one or two guys who will pop in and share their positive experiences, however your experience isn’t an excuse to advocate for a drug that could potentially harm and even inadvertently kill someone, nor does it mean you aren’t putting yourself at some sort of risk later down the road.

Got blood drawn today. Had low T back in Dec slightly out of range so taking a look at that again, and checking my whole hormone profile to see wtf could potentially be going on insulin/igf wise. If my T is still low my doctor plans on putting me through a medically managed HPTA restart using clomid and a few HCG injections. I don’t have many symptoms besides a **** sex drive which comes and goes and fatigue more days than not, so he’s more than confident I’d come right back IF I need it. Anyways post away all thoughts and input here are welcome including letting me know I’m a dumbass.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So it's probably not hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) mk677 actually dramatically raises your blood sugar. Mk is also not just a research drug any more, it's used in some anti-aging clinics now. And it also has no effect/ benifits for cardio. I'm not sure what happened to you but it wasn't mk677 or you were misinterpreting the side effects. It does cause a interaction with grhelin which makes you hungry and sleepy and feel like your going hypo but your not.

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
Do you thi
So it's probably not hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) mk677 actually dramatically raises your blood sugar. Mk is also not just a research drug any more, it's used in some anti-aging clinics now. And it also has no effect/ benifits for cardio. I'm not sure what happened to you but it wasn't mk677 or you were misinterpreting the side effects. It does cause a interaction with grhelin which makes you hungry and sleepy and feel like your going hypo but your not.
It’s reactive hypoglycemia it’s not real hypoglycemia. It may raise fasting glucose levels, however if someone has poor insulin sensitivity, chances of them having significant fluctuations on the drug are high, which I believe happened to me. The reason I believe this to be the case is the fact this happened 4-5 hours after a decent breakfast. I believe my body release far more insulin than need be due to a blood sugar rise from my last meal (mostly high glycemic carbs). The drug can’t raise glucose levels without glucose being available. If it has that ability and the glycemic load is high enough, it can cause reactive hypoglycemia.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you thi

It’s reactive hypoglycemia it’s not real hypoglycemia. It may raise fasting glucose levels, however if someone has poor insulin sensitivity, chances of them having significant fluctuations on the drug are high, which I believe happened to me. The reason I believe this to be the case is the fact this happened 4-5 hours after a decent breakfast. I believe my body release far more insulin than need be due to a blood sugar rise from my last meal (mostly high glycemic carbs). The drug can’t raise glucose levels without glucose being available. If it has that ability and the glycemic load is high enough, it can cause reactive hypoglycemia.
I really can't say anything for certain, I do know when mk first came out that lots of ppl were shoveling down food thinking it made them go hypo but it didn't turn out the case.

Mk677 seems to be really hit or miss, some guys love it, some think it's useless. I'm kinda in the middle. I don't think it's anything special but I wouldn't say useless. Maybe someone else will chime in with there experience

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What brand were you using the first time and what brand this time

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looks like mk increases fasting glucose levels, so I think that would mean even in the absence of food it raises your blood sugar

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
What brand were you using the first time and what brand this time
Going to be honest a local shop around here has a solid line of their own DS/sarms. Very good point about the absence of food. I really just don’t know man. All the symptoms of hypoglycemia yet not the right circumstances. That’s what I mean though about it being a “research drug”. It might be in clinics but it’s still brand new and we still don’t know it’s long term effects. I’m sure they at least know wtf they are doing haha. I’m not a doctor at least, so who am I to be taking something like that at a random dose without blood work you know? If I have to go on TRT I’ll bare minimum run cycles here and there but that’s about it’s from this point on. If I don’t need it I’m going to enjoy my youth a little longer before I mess with anything at all again. Chances of me needing it are high. 228 ng/dL the beginning of last December so we’ll have to see what I was at today.

I just think a lot of guys will run it and assume AAS like results and it’s just not the case. Fills you out nice, and from a bodybuilding standpoint it’s amazing for cutting. When I say it’s useless I’m speaking from a risk/reward strand point. All I know is I have no issues when I don’t take it and the issues I described when I do, this time on a whole other level though. Promise I cannot make that experience up nor do I know what else to attribute it to.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Going to be honest a local shop around here has a solid line of their own DS/sarms. Very good point about the absence of food. I really just don’t know man. All the symptoms of hypoglycemia yet not the right circumstances. That’s what I mean though about it being a “research drug”. It might be in clinics but it’s still brand new and we still don’t know it’s long term effects. I’m sure they at least know wtf they are doing haha. I’m not a doctor at least, so who am I to be taking something like that at a random dose without blood work you know? If I have to go on TRT I’ll bare minimum run cycles here and there but that’s about it’s from this point on. If I don’t need it I’m going to enjoy my youth a little longer before I mess with anything at all again. Chances of me needing it are high. 228 ng/dL the beginning of last December so we’ll have to see what I was at today.

I just think a lot of guys will run it and assume AAS like results and it’s just not the case. Fills you out nice, and from a bodybuilding standpoint it’s amazing for cutting. When I say it’s useless I’m speaking from a risk/reward strand point. All I know is I have no issues when I don’t take it and the issues I described when I do, this time on a whole other level though. Promise I cannot make that experience up nor do I know what else to attribute it to.
I will say this, mk and sarms have a notoriously high rate of being faked or spiked with prohormones. There's a good possibility that a smaller unknown company has prohormones labeled as sarms.

Now you said mk made your blood sugar drop and improve your cardio, well mk677 should not do that, but you know what does..... Carderine.

Gw/carderine has a strong effect on improving cardiovascular endurance and acts similar to a gda or glucose disposable agent and lowers blood glucose

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm definitely not certain there was something wrong or spiked in your stuff but that definitely makes more sense of the situation

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
I will say this, mk and sarms have a notoriously high rate of being faked or spiked with prohormones. There's a good possibility that a smaller unknown company has prohormones labeled as sarms.

Now you said mk made your blood sugar drop and improve your cardio, well mk677 should not do that, but you know what does..... Carderine.

Gw/carderine has a strong effect on improving cardiovascular endurance and acts similar to a gda or glucose disposable agent and lowers blood glucose
Wow. Thank you a TON for that info man. Now you’ve got me thinking. I’m not super familiar with that drug. I’m telling you it was a noticeable difference in cardio. From the little I’ve read on that drug I’ve always wanted to avoid it. Now I’m not a happy camper.

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
I'm definitely not certain there was something wrong or spiked in your stuff but that definitely makes more sense of the situation
Nah that definitely makes a lot of sense to me and is totally possible. And confusing considering how cheap mk is to make supposedly.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Wow. Thank you a TON for that info man. Now you’ve got me thinking. I’m not super familiar with that drug. I’m telling you it was a noticeable difference in cardio. From the little I’ve read on that drug I’ve always wanted to avoid it. Now I’m not a happy camper.
I wouldn't worry too much if it was carderine. All the cancer stuff was in rodents and the dose was about 5 times as high as we would take

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I’ve read a few reports along with knowing someone who went hypo in gw(cardarine) . Never happened to me, but it definitely occurs. It’s a much cheaper product to produce than mk so it would make sense

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’ve read a few reports along with knowing someone who went hypo in gw(cardarine) . Never happened to me, but it definitely occurs. It’s a much cheaper product to produce than mk so it would make sense
Sounds like a good experiment, I could check my bg after carderine vs berberine vs cinnamon vs metformin ect. I'd be interested to see how carderine stacks up vs various gda's

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I get the low blood sugar feeling from cardarine. Not constantly but every so often. A table spoon of peanut butter makes it go away for me.

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much if it was carderine. All the cancer stuff was in rodents and the dose was about 5 times as high as we would take
I get the low blood sugar feeling from cardarine. Not constantly but every so often. A table spoon of peanut butter makes it go away for me.
yeah all of you got me thinking this may have been Cardarine. Only thing is the extreme hunger and other sides. Never really see that too much with mk. Could easily be more than one drug in this product too though, which could create its own issues in itself.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yeah all of you got me thinking this may have been Cardarine. Only thing is the extreme hunger and other sides. Never really see that too much with mk. Could easily be more than one drug in this product too though, which could create its own issues in itself.
Could also be true, more then 1 ingredient. Pretty sure carderine raws are cheaper then mk raws. I'm pretty sure some companies were spiking sarms with superdrol at one point because of how cheap sd is. Guys talking about gaining 20lbs on lgd and rad 140. I was thinking no you definitely didn't gain 20lbs in 4 weeks on a sarm. Then it came out that lots of them had prohormones spiked into the mix

Njs0416

Njs0416

Awards
Sounds like a good experiment, I could check my bg after carderine vs berberine vs cinnamon vs metformin ect. I'd be interested to see how carderine stacks up vs various gda's
Just got some interesting results back on my bloods. Still waiting for a lot but my basic metabolic panel came back, both bilirubin and albumin are elevated compared to where they are normally at, and flagged as high. I’m worried but I’m not. Only slightly elevated but a week after I discontinued use that lasted for only 5 days!? Honestly at the end of the day they are two super cheap drugs to make idk what the incentive would be to market one drug as another. Who knows. All I know is I’ve ran plenty of AAS without liver markers being damaged. AST and ALT are normal still.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just got some interesting results back on my bloods. Still waiting for a lot but my basic metabolic panel came back, both bilirubin and albumin are elevated compared to where they are normally at, and flagged as high. I’m worried but I’m not. Only slightly elevated but a week after I discontinued use that lasted for only 5 days!? Honestly at the end of the day they are two super cheap drugs to make idk what the incentive would be to market one drug as another. Who knows. All I know is I’ve ran plenty of AAS without liver markers being damaged. AST and ALT are normal still.
There's also the possibility that a small company is just not organized. Using the same machine to make multiple capsules ect. Don't stress yourself out. Just throw it in the trash and your bloodwork will go back to normal pretty fast. Carderine actually improves lots of things on your bloodwork so I'm stumped all the way around. No use racking your brain, just chuck the stuff and carry on, lesson learned