Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So my friend is joining the military, and was wanting to do a cycle before going in.

Apparently they do test for steroids, and I was wondering if a PH or which PH would show up on the drug(blood) test. He has about 4 months from today till he goes to boot camp.

It's the army if it makes any difference. Thanks!

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Well if he starts his cycle soon, he's good anyways.

They do blood tests to check for HIV, i seriously doubt they check for steroids.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well if he starts his cycle soon, he's good anyways.

They do blood tests to check for HIV, i seriously doubt they check for steroids.
He asked his recruiter and his recruiter said if he tests positive for steroids he couldn't go to bootcamp until his test clears.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I guess they could do a complete blood analysis. They probably took 8 vials of blood from me in in-processing.

In all honesty, he might as well not run the cycle. It will be hard to keep mass in basic training anyways. Or just run something like the Trifecta stack.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm a urinalysis program coordinator for the Marine Corps...they DO NOT TEST FOR STEROIDS! PERIOD.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Also, the recruiters are in the business of talking kids out of trouble so they don't get in trouble before they join the army. He could just be lying and telling him that so he stays away from steroids for the time being.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They dont test, unless they specifically tell you they will test you and they have to have reasonable cause..

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Huh, well thanks for the information.. hopefully youre all right lol

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
And my soldier is a fat girl, so i have to drag her to the gym with me. She's really bringin me down.

nynone

nynone

Awards
Actually that one guy is in the marines, and he said his job is an official meat gazer.
Awesome!

OP: They would need probable cause to test for it. Otherwise, they don't test unless there is an admittance to current use, or past use. Since he brought it up, there's a good chance the recruiter may have made a note of it, and might get tested. I'd tell him to keep his nose clean before basic training. That or just use an estrogen inhibitor or something that wouldn't show up as a high T reading for the blood panel.

Secondly, if he ran a cycle before basic, he'd be wasting his money. As stated before, it's gonna be hard enough to keep gains during basic training anyways. There's a lot of stress, the body breaks down, and he will come out weighing in a lot less than before, especially if he's bulky to begin with. Plus, the extra size he has, if at all, would just make pull ups, and some other tasks harder because of the extra weight he'll be lugging around. Huge guys don't do as well for soldier work, regardless of whether people think the Army basic training is hard or not.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Actually that one guy is in the marines, and he said his job is an official meat gazer.
I coordinate the gazing...I dont gaze...I get the LTs to do that...

Also..its a collateral duty...not my job..just extra work..thanks ****..lol

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Awesome!

OP: They would need probable cause to test for it. Otherwise, they don't test unless there is an admittance to current use, or past use. Since he brought it up, there's a good chance the recruiter may have made a note of it, and might get tested. I'd tell him to keep his nose clean before basic training. That or just use an estrogen inhibitor or something that wouldn't show up as a high T reading for the blood panel.

Secondly, if he ran a cycle before basic, he'd be wasting his money. As stated before, it's gonna be hard enough to keep gains during basic training anyways. There's a lot of stress, the body breaks down, and he will come out weighing in a lot less than before, especially if he's bulky to begin with. Plus, the extra size he has, if at all, would just make pull ups, and some other tasks harder because of the extra weight he'll be lugging around. Huge guys don't do as well for soldier work, regardless of whether people think the Army basic training is hard or not.
FWIW I lost 25 lbs in boot camp....thats the Marines though...that Army stuff shouldnt be as bad.

mav6

mav6

Awards
I'm a urinalysis program coordinator for the Marine Corps...they DO NOT TEST FOR STEROIDS! PERIOD.
Are you referring to just at MEPS? I've got a buddy who's the CO of a Marine MP unit, and he was just complaining me that every year he loses more guys because they get kicked out for steroid use than guys getting kicked out for marijuana.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you referring to just at MEPS? I've got a buddy who's the CO of a Marine MP unit, and he was just complaining me that every year he loses more guys because they get kicked out for steroid use than guys getting kicked out for marijuana.
No not at MEPS. There is a totally different system for testing for AAS. 1st they have to have probable cause...which is admission to using or physical evidence (pins or bottles....not getting HUGE). Then, if there is no evidence, the subject must sign a release to be tested. Without that release they cannot be court marshaled EVEN if they pop. They CAN be discharged administratively. If the find evidence and you pop your done. However, before they can even test they must consult with base legal to prove they have a legitimate reason to test. Its a VERY expensive test that goes to the Olympic testing center in California.

Basically if guys are getting busted for Juice....theyre are fcking retards that cant keep there mouths shut. And the comment on the Marijuana is total crap....easily the highest rate of discharges....next to Cocaine

mav6

mav6

Awards
Thanks for the clarification kjkriston. I always thought that guy was kind of blowhard. I wasn't sure whether to take him seriously or not.

I guess recruiters are just using the old fear tactic. When I went in, they gave me this huge lecture about how past drug use is frowned upon but they would overlook it as long as I never did drugs again. I thought for sure with all the blood and urine they took they must have tested for everything. I guess not.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
So guess what guys, the department of the navy doesn't sign my paychecks.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Then again, i also have never seen a 6 month tour, but i have seen 15.

****ing army.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whatever you say man....We got the deployment cycle right....and its 7 months not 6......

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Then again, i also have never seen a 6 month tour, but i have seen 15.

****ing army.
I wont entertain this ignorant comparison anymore....weve both been there...Ive moved side by side with you guys....just saying...the OP wanted to know...the SACO program is the same in every branch....But personally I wouldnt waste my time cycling before going into any branch...youll lose it all anyway...

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
13 straight....no holidays or pizza or phone calls or TV time...or any other soft ass bull****
Raahhhh!!!! I my luckyself spent 22.5 weeks on Paradise Island!!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I envy you in no way shape or form....poor bastard
All in the name of the Corps. Once a Marine always a Marine, i wanted my E.G.A. :bigok: But i wont lie, MRP with a broken foot is NOT fun. haha

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I wont entertain this ignorant comparison anymore....weve both been there...Ive moved side by side with you guys....just saying...the OP wanted to know...the SACO program is the same in every branch....But personally I wouldnt waste my time cycling before going into any branch...youll lose it all anyway...
lol

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Anyways, though, i respect marines and i agree, their boot camp and **** are more difficult. Sure as hell didn't enjoy my basic training though.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
Coast Guard and Air Force are quite a bit more strict on who they accept in and they DO NOT test either. Need PC to test for it and if you gave them PC your already up ****s creek anyway. just saying.