Mickfootie - Keeping fit over 40 Journal

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Keeping Fit over 40

I have started this Journal so i can keep myself on track, to push myself and keep myself fit for as long as i can....
Also i hope that this will help anyone following to keep themselves committed and perform to their best abilities.

If there are any questions along this ride then please ask or anyone wants to put any input into this journal then please do so as i would like to hear how others train and diet too.

So lets get this started with a little about myself :

I started around 14 years ago when i was a 26-27 year old who looked like a 15 year old boy. I weighed in at around 110lbs and had arms of 10", chest of 34" and thighs of 18". Basically i was a scrawny 26 year old man who was not happy with the way i looked for years.
I started working out slowley and have been on a more serious note over the last few years and have got myself into pretty good shape for my age, but there is always a need for improvements and so this is why i have started this so i can still keep going from strength to strength.

My Training schedule :

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 2 - Back, Traps, Calves
Day 3 - Legs, Biceps, Abs

This at the moment is the best fit for my working shift pattern, it works out that each bodypart is worked every 6 days with every other week a 4th day added.

My Cardio sessions are done 3-4 times a week and consists of weighted Tao-Bo, Insanity workouts and heavy bag work.

My Nutriton :

Currently taking in approx 3000 calories daily with a breakdown of -

40% Protein - approx 1200 calories (300g)
35% Carbs - approx 1050 calories (260g)
25% Fats - approx 750 calories (85g)

This is my approx daily intake and at the moment seems to be working well. I try to keep the protein intake the same throughout but will adjust my Carbs and Fats to suit my needs.

My Supplementation :

This will change throughout the journal but at the center will be Anabolic Designs products with the rest worked around them.

At the moment :

Anabolic Designs BULLK - 3 Caps daily
Anabolic Designs Stampede - 1-2 scoops on Gym workouts
Anabolic Designs LiverMilk - 2-3 caps daily

AEN IntrAbolic - 1-2 scoops during Gym workouts

USPlabs Jack3d - 1 scoop pre-cardio session
USPlabs PowerFULL - 2 caps pre-bed
USPlabs Yok3d - Pre-gym workouts

Fusion Agent-M - 1 scoop post gym workouts usually on way home

Other staples are Whey protein powder, fish oils, GCMsm complex, Multi Vit formula and SuperCissus Rx

I will try to update as often as possible with feedback and such.
Looking forward to keeping myself on track and hopefully something within my Journal will help others along the way too.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Lets get it on!

Get Set! GO!

I actually started Anabolic Designs BULLK yesterday so i will start with yesterdays workouts and such followed by todays workout, nutrition and supps used.

Workout : Chest, Shoulders, Triceps :

10 minute warmup on rowing machine

Incline BB Press - 5 sets (15,10,6,6,6)
Flat DB Press - 4 sets (12,12,12,12)
Single arm DB shoulder press - 5 sets (15,10,6,6,6)

Incline DB flyes - 4 sets (12,10,8,6)
Lateral Raises - 3 sets (15,10,8)
Rear delt flyes - 3 sets (15,10,8)

Overhead Rope ext. - 4 sets (15,10,6,6)
Machine pushdowns - 4 sets (12,8,6,6)
Reverse grip pulley pushdowns - 2 sets to failure

Workout duration - 65 minutes

Cardio PM :

Weighted Tae-Bo and core work

Workout duration - 45 minutes

Today's rundown

Workout : Back, Traps, Calves

10 minute warmup on stationary bike

Low pulley rows - 5 sets (15,10,8,6,6)
Wide grip pulldowns - 4 sets (12,8,6,6)
Close grip pulldowns - 3 sets (12,12,12)
BB rows - 3 sets (6,6,6)

Single arm smith machine upright rows - 3 sets (10,8,8)
BB shrugs - 4 sets (12,8,6,6)

Seated Calve raises - 3 sets (15,15,15)
Leg press machine calve raises - 4 sets (12,8,6,6)

Workout duration - 60 minutes

Nutrition and supps used :

Meal 1 - Oats and Honey
Pre-workout - 1-2 scoops Stampede, 3 x Yok3d
Intra-workout - IntrAbolic
Post-workout - 1 scoop Agent-M
Meal 2 - Protein shake made with semi-skimmed milk, 25g dark chocolate, Bagel and Cheese (1 x LiverMilk)
Meal 3 - Ham, wholemeal pittas, cheese, apple and banana (1 x LiverMilk)
Meal 4 - Protein shake with semi-skimmed milk, hand full mixed nuts
Meal 5 - Chicken breasts, broccoli and carrots, baked Yams (1 x LiverMilk, 3 x BULLK)
Meal 6 - Cottage cheese and cranberries
Pre-bed - 2 x PowerFULL, 2 x Supercissus Rx

Multi's, fish oils and joint complex taken throughout the day with meals.

Quote of the day :
" You want and you get, that is luck. You want and you wait, that is time. You want but you compromise, that is life. You want, you wait and you do not compromise, that is success."

Every update i will drop a little simple information on apsects of fitness for people to have a read. It won't be much but hopefully people will have a read and pick something up!

5 Hydration Rules That Every Athlete Should Get To Know :

Don't start drinking water when you're thirsty, Drink small amounts throughout the day to stay Hydrated.

2. Make sure your urine is clear as this indicates you have good hydration.

3. Drink plenty of fluids to prepare for exercise.

4. Don't drink liquids that will dehydrate you during exercise.

5. Drink enough fluids during and after exercise to keep fully Hydrated.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
I have decided to add in Anabolic Designs Ravenous to help with increasing my appetite. I will start this from tomorrow.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Legs and Biceps !!!

Friday May 12th​

The Workout : Legs and Biceps - AM

BB Squats - 2 warm up sets, 4 working sets (12,8,6,5) last set 5 reps @ 264lbs
Leg Press (wide stance) - 4 sets (12,8,6,6)
Leg ext - 4 sets (15,12,10,8)
Leg curls - 3 sets (12,10,8)
Stiff legged deadlift - 2 light sets to failure (new exercise so light and high repped until i get used to these)

BB curls - 3 sets (15,10,6)
DB hammer curls - 3 sets (8,8,8)
DB concentration curls - 3 sets to failure

Usually do Abs but decided to do this as a cardio core workout later today. Felt very good throughout the workout and could feel the Stampede giving me the push and the definate pumps throughout the workout.

Cardio - PM:

Weighted Advanced Tae-Bo session including cardio core working

Nutrition and Supps used :

Meal 1 - Scrambled egg (5 egg whites with 1 egg yolk), Whole grain wrap, Fresh tomatoes - 2 x Ravenous, 1 x LiverMilk
Pre-workout - 2 scoops Stampede, 3 x Yok3d
Intra-workout - 1 scoop IntrAbolic
Post-workout - 1 scoop Agent-M
Meal 2 - Protein shake with semi-skimmed milk, 1 banana, 2 table spoons peanut butter and wholemeal bread
Meal 3 - Tuna, wholemeal pitta, large tomato, mixed salad, 1 x LiverMilk
Cardio session - 1 scoop Jack3d pre-workout
Meal 4 - Protein shake with semi-skimmed milk, bolied egg, apple
Meal 5 - Baked Cod, Vegetables, Yoghurt, 2 x Ravenous, 1 x LiverMilk, 3 x BULLK
Meal 6 - Cottage cheese and cranberries
Pre-bed - 2 x PowerFULL, 2 x SuperCissus Rx

Multi's, fish oils and joint complex taken throughout the day with meals.

Quote of the Day :

" Commitment is the foundation for lasting results."

Fitness Tip of the Day :

Exercise is not enough. You must also include healthy eating habits! Stick to the following tips for a healthier diet.

1 - Avoid hydrogenated fats and oils.
2 - Don't overcook foods - it reduces the nutrients
3 - Try to include raw fruits or vegetables at most meal
4 - Relax when you are eating and eat slowly. This will help with digestion and the absorption of nutrients
5 - Try to limit your meat consumption to the leanest cuts.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Monday 16th May​

Workout - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps :

Warm up on stationary bike

Incline BB Press - 10 sets @ 10 reps
DB Flat Press - 3 sets @ 8 reps
Seated BB press - 5 sets @ 5 reps

Cable Flyes - 4 sets @ 12 reps
Lateral Flyes - 7 sets @ 12-6 reps increase in weight in each set
Rear Delt cable flyes - 3 sets @ 12 reps

Overhead Tricep ext. - 5 sets @ 5 reps
Weighted Dips - 5 sets @ 12 reps

Mixed things up today to add some Volume in and really feel the muscle working deep, also did a bit of 5x5 on a couple of exercises. Fully pumped and felt like a good workout once finished (not good going through it :D ).

I would definatly advise the use of Stampede pre-workout followed by the IntrAbolic throughout to keep you on top of the workout and this combo gives good reduction in the build up of Lactic acid.

Workout Duration - 80 minutes

If i can fit a Cardio session in this afternoon i will post it up. If not it will be a quicker core workout later in the day and maybe 15 minutes on the heavy punch bag.

Nutrition :

My nutrition is going through a little overhaul at the moment but will post up once i have got things straight with it. Still trying to get in the same amount of calories but with some changing to make to the macro's and types of foodstuffs.

Supplementation :

Pre workout - 1-2 scoops Stampede, 3 x Yok3d
Intra workout - 1 scoop IntrAbolic

Have decided to move the Agent-M to Cardio sessions

Jack3d pre cardio session or heavy bag work session

2 x Ravenous at a morning meal and a PM meal.
1 x LiverMilk 3 times daily.
3 x BULLK at evening meal

2 x PowerFULL, 2 x Supercissus pre bed

Quote of the Day :

" Fear, Pain, Weak, are nothing but four letter words. Success, Conquer, Victory, are all seven letter words and are in the heart of every champion."

Fitness Tip of the Day :

A pound of muscle burns around 6 calories per day whilst a pound of fat burns around 2 calories per day. Therefore, by increasing your lean muscle mass you can raise your BMR. If you perform a resistance training workout a few times per week and combine it with proper nutrition you can build additional muscle and increase the amount of calories you burn whilst resting.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 17th May

Workout - Back, Traps, Calves :

10 minute warmup on bike

2 sets light low pulley rows to warm up
Low Pulley rows - 5 sets @ 5 reps
Weighted pull-ups - 5 sets @ 5 reps
Close grip pulldowns - 3 sets @ 12 reps
BB rows - 5 sets @ 5 reps

BB upright rows - 3 sets @ 15 reps
DB shrugs - 3 sets @ 15 reps
BB shrugs - 5 sets @ 5 reps

Standing calve raises - 3 sets @ 15 reps
Press machine Calve raises/pushes - 5 sets @ 5 reps

Felt a very good pump today to say most of the workout was lower reps and heavier. Focused throughout. Back and traps are aching already today from this mornings workout so will be sore in the morning. :)

Workout duration - 70 minutes

Cardio PM :

60 minutes of advanced weighted tae-bo

Nutrition and supplementation :

Wake up - 3 x Yok3d
Meal 1 - Protein shake with milk, 2 table spoons peanut butter, 2 bananas 1 x LiverMilk
Pre workout - 1-2 scoops Stampede
During workout - 1 scoop IntrAbolic
Meal 2 - Protein shake with milk, oats and honey
Meal 3 - Chicken breast, brown rice, brocolli 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous
Pre cardio - Jack3d
Post cardio - 1 scoop Agent-M
Meal 4 - Rice cakes and Cottage cheese
Meal 5 - Salmon, Yam, brocolli and carrots 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous, 3 x BULLK
Meal 6 - Protein shake with water, Cottage cheese
Pre bed - 2 x PowerFULL, 2 x Supercissus

Quote of the Day :

" The poorest man is not the one who doesn't have a penny! It's the one that doesn't have a dream!"

Fitness Tip of the Day :

Did you know that static stretches (where you hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds) before training are the most common way to stretch and warm up but you may in fact be weakening yourself by doing them? Static stretches inhibit the muscles and turn them off - save the static stretches for the end of your workout and use dynamic stretching (mobility) as your warm up.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 18th May​

Workout - Legs, Biceps AM :

10 minute warm up on rower

Squats - 10 sets @ 10 reps
Leg ext. - 5 sets @ 12,10,8,8,8 reps
Leg Curls - 3 sets @ 12 reps
Stiff leg deadlifts - 3 sets to failure

BB 21's - 5 sets
DB hammer preacher curls - 5 sets @ 8 reps

Felt the 10 sets on the squats today and the stiff legged deadlifts where a killer to finish.
The 21's gave a real nice pump in the biceps too.
Can really feel the Stampede and the IntrAbolic aiding in giving me the focus, drive to push through my workouts and also aiding in buffering the lactic acid build up.

Cardio PM :

Core circuit and heavy bag work totaling around 45 minutes duration

Nutrition and Supplementation :

Wake up - 3 x Yok3d
Meal 1 - Protein shake with milk, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 bananas 1 x LiverMilk
Pre workout - 2 scoops Stampede
Meal 2 - Protein shake with milk, Oats and Honey
Meal 3 - Tuna steak, brown rice and side salad 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous
Pre cardio - Jack3d
Meal 4 - Mackeral fillets, oat cakes, apple
Meal 5 - Ostrich steak, brown rice, brocolli, fruit salad 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous, 3 x BULLK
Meal 6 - Protein shake with water, Cottage cheese

Quote of the Day :

" For those who have a big heart, even impossible tasks become possible."

Fitness tip of the Day :

Stressed Out? Stress releases a hormone called cortisol which is associated with increased abdominal fat. Regular exercise can help to manage stress so if you are feeling stressed out... get down the gym and release those feel good endorphins!​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Monday 23rd May

Workout - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps AM:

10 minutes on stationary bike to warm up the body

BB Incline Press - 2 warm up sets then 5 sets @ 5 reps
Flat DB press superset with incline DB flyes - 5 sets @ 10 reps

Military Press superset with Lateral flyes - 5 sets @ 10 reps

Low pulley chest flyes Superset with high pulley rear delt flyes - 3 sets @ 10 reps

Tricep Ext machine - 4 sets @ 12 reps
Pushdown machine - 4 sets @ 8 reps
Dips - 2 sets to failure

Threw in some supersetting today which not only gave an excellent pump throughout the workout but also hit the muscles worked deep. The supersetting should help with my strength and so in turn help build some muscle as when i go back to standard repetition i should be able to hit the bigger weights. I like throwing a mix into my workouts but still keep the principle exercises the same.

Cardio PM :

60 minutes light weighted Tae-Bo

Wake up - 3 x Yok3d
Meal 1 - Protein shake with milk, 2 bananas 1 x LiverMilk
Meal 2 - Protein shake with milk, 80g Oats and Honey
Meal 3 - 200g Cod loin, 50g wholewheat pasta, side salad 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous
Pre cardio - Jack3d
Meal 4 - 2 boiled eggs, 125g Cottage cheese, apple, cranberries
Meal 5 - 200g Chicken breasts, 50g brown rice, brocolli, Light Natural yoghurt 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous, 3 x BULLK
Meal 6 - Protein shake with water, Walnut mix

Quote of the Day :

" The truth of the matter is that there's nothing you can't accomplish if: (1) You clearly decide what it is that you're absolutely committed to achieving, (2) You're willing to take massive action, (3) You notice what's working or not, and (4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way."

Fitness tip of the Day :

Does Exercise really lead to Happiness?

Exercise releases feel good endorphins. Have you ever found it really hard to drag yourself to the gym or go for a run after a long day at work, its cold and dark outside but nonetheless you pushed yourself to do it, how did you feel afterwards? In a state of euphoria? A real sense of achievement.

So what are endorphins?

The word 'endorphin' comes from two words 'endogenous and morphine'. Endogenous means produced or grown from within and morphine, we have all heard of, as being the drug used in the medical world to ease pain and thats exactly what it is, a natural painkiller produced by our bodies. Endorphins are produced by cells in your nervous system and they hinder or block the transmission of pain signals to the brain, controlling feelings of stress and anxiety. Less stress = less production of the hormone cortisol that contributes to increased risk of obesity and heart disease.

So does exercise make you happy?

Yes! is the answer. When we engage in regular physical activity or exercise we feel happier due to the release of endorphins. Exercise can not only relieve the effects of stress and anxiety, but can also make you feel more confident, proud of your appearance, increase your energy levels, improve sleep and live longer lives to name but a few. It's all there for the taking.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 24th May

Workout - Back, Traps, Calves AM :

10 minute warm up on rower

Low Pulley rows Close grip - 2 warm up sets then 5 sets @ 12-5 reps (PB on 5 reps @ 198lbs)
Wide grip pulldowns Superset with Close grip pulldowns - 4 sets @ 10 reps
Lat machine pull single arms - 4 sets @ 12-6 reps (working weight up to 110lbs each side)

DB Shrugs - 3 sets @ 15 reps
BB shrugs superset with straight arm pulldowns - 3 sets @ 10 reps

Standing calve raises - 3 sets @ 15 reps
Seated calve raises - 3 sets @ 10 reps

Happy with the workout today as i managed a PB. Great pump across the back throughout. The combo of the Stampede pre and the IntrAbolic during the wrokout really seems to be paying off. Also the BULLK looks like it is helping with strength gains.

Cardio PM :

60 minutes advanced light weighted Tae-Bo

Wake up - 3 x Yok3d
Meal 1 - Protein shake with milk, 50g oats and Honey, 1 x LiverMilk
Intra workout - IntrAbolic
Meal 2 - Protein shake with milk, 80g oats, banana
Meal 3 - 150g Chicken breast, Baked Yams, fresh tomatoes, 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous
Pre cardio - Jack3d
Meal 4 - 150g Cottage cheese, Rice cakes, Apple
Meal 5 - 200g Turkey stir fry with peppers, onion, chilli, tomatoes, 50g Brown rice, 1 x LiverMilk, 2 x Ravenous, 3 x BULLK
Meal 6 - Protein shake with water, Walnuts
Pre bed - 2 x SuperCissus, 2 x PowerFULL

Quote of the Day :

" We spend our days waiting for the ideal path to appear in front of us but what we forget is that paths are made by walking not by waiting."

Fitness Tip of the Day :

Millions of working days are lost each year due to episodes of back pain but in most cases the pain is 'non specific' meaning that there is no real cause. Did you know that contrary to popular belief and perception (being that you should rest up if you have back pain) is that in fact physical activity can actually help back pain sufferers? The key is to keep mobile.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Last two days workouts :

Been quite busy over the last couple of days and will be for the next few as my daughter has just had a baby girl and made me a greandad for the first time. :)
Been flitting back and forth to the hospital as they are both being kept in due to her giving birth 5 weeks early. All good though so far with both of them!

Anyway here are the last couple of workouts :

May 27th - Legs, Biceps :

Squats - 2 warm up sets @ 30 reps and then 6 sets @ 12,8,6,6,8,12 (reverse type pyramid) both 6 reps @ 242lbs
Leg ext/Leg curl superset - 4 sets @ 12 reps
Straight leg deadlift - 3 sets to failure

EZ bar curl - 3 sets @ 10,8,6 reps
DB hammer curls - 3 sets @ 12 reps
Overhand grip BB curl - 3 sets @ 10 reps

May 28th - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps :

My 100 reps challenge on chest : :)

Incline BB press - 4 sets @ 25 reps (100 reps)
DB flat press - 5 sets @ 20 reps (100 reps)
Pec Dec flyes - 5 sets @ 20 reps (100 reps)

Leaning Lateral raises - 4 sets @ 12 reps
BB Clean and press - 4 sets @ 10 reps
Rear delt flyes - 4 sets @ 12 reps

Skull Crushers - 4 sets @ 15 reps
Weighted dips - 4 sets to failure

Quote of the Day :

" Celebrate every day with enthusiasm for LIFE! Recognize each second of every day is a gift to make the world a better place! Appreciate the time you have to share your magnificent talents with others! Choose to make a difference! Do it every day and DO IT BIG!!!"

Fitness tip of the Day :

Fat-free? Not necessarily... Put the words "low-fat" or "fat-free" on the label and people will assume it won't make them fat and its good for them! But it's worth knowing that "fat-free" or "low-fat" or "no added sugar" usually means more sugar. Simple white refined sugar is the very stuff which converts to fat once in the body.' Don't be fooled, sometimes the fact that something says its lower in fat can in actual fact mean its only 1% lower than the full fat version.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Thursday 9th June​

Ok sorry for the lack of updates. I have been quite busy with personal and work life and training took a little back seat for the past week or so.

All supps are as before and nutrition is getting better with more lean protein sources from Chicken, Fish, Turkey and Osterich meat.
Carb sources are mainly Oats, Brown rice, Cous-Cous and wholewheat pasta with my fats coming from nuts, olive oil, flax seed oil and fish oils.
Plenty of Fruit, veg and salads at each meal too.

I have aslo changed up my training to suit lifestyle changes, heres how it goes for now :

1 - Chest/Triceps
2 - Back/Traps/Calves
3 - Shoulders
4 - Legs/Biceps/Abs
5-7 off
8 - Chest/Shoulders/Traps/Triceps
9 - Legs/Calves/Back/Biceps
10-12 off
Then back to 1 again.

This at the moment is best fit so will see how things go.

Todays workout : Chest/Triceps AM

10 minute warm up on rowing machine

BB incline press - 2 warm up sets then 5 working sets - last set 5 reps @ 210lbs
DB flat press - 3 sets @ 10,8,8 with 80lb DB
Close grip BB press - 3 sets @ 10 reps

Incline DB flyes - 3 sets @ 12 reps
Pec-Deck flye - 3 sets to failure

Overhead Rope ext. - 3 sets @ 12,10,8 reps
Weighted dips - 3 sets to failure

Cardio PM:

30 minute weighted tae-bo session and 20 minutes heavy bag work.

Thoughts and feelings :

Strength seems to be up even though i think i am coming down with a cold or something as i have a thick head and sore throat. Managed 210lbs on last set of incline BB presses which i haven't gotten for a while, so the BULLK, Stampede and IntrAbolic seem to be having an effect on training and recovery. Have been struggling a little with Cardio but now back into it should start seeing improvements here too. Sleeping like a baby at the moment also which is a good thing as i am usually up and down throughout the night pissing! :)

Quote of the Day :

" If you're not naturally optimistic and positive, don't worry. You can learn how to use your thoughts to change your attitude and emotions. It won't be easy; some days will be very challenging but you can do it. Each time your mind produces a negative thought, stop right there and turn it around to find the positive aspect of the situation. Do this each time and soon it will become a habit to be positive and upbeat about your life."

Fitness tip of the Day :

Help burn belly fat faster by cutting the carbs - Replace starchy carbs with vegetables, many people overeat carbs, especially processed ones. Try cutting your usual portions of rice, potatoes or pasta in half, substituting a cup of a vegetable such as broccoli, cauliflower, green beans or courgette. While a portion of white rice contains 240 calories, a cup of mixed steamed vegetables has only 50!​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Friday 10th June

Workout - Back/Traps/Calves :

10 minutes on stationary bike

Weighted wide grip chins - 5 sets @ 15,12,10,6,6 reps
Low pulley rows (Wide Grip) - 4 sets @ 12,8,8,20 reps
Single arm DB rows - 3 sets @ 8 reps with 100lb DB and 1 set @ 20 repswith 70lb DB

BB shrugs - 2 warm up sets @ 15 reps then 4 sets @ 10,8,8,6 reps

Seated Calve raises - 5 sets @ 12 reps

Thoughts and feelings :

Had to push myself out of bed this morning as cold has taken over but once up and at gym forgot about everything but the job in hand. Stampede is allowing me to focus and work hard even when under the weather and drive me through the workouts.
The IntrAbolic is helping with the buffering of the lactic acid build up throughout the workout and so allowing to push the higher reps at the last sets on some exercises.
The Agent-M is a great supplement to use after workouts but have found it to be really beneficial after Cardio sessions. At the end of June i am hoping to get some Tauro-Test and run it alongside the BULLK to further enhance my gains in recovery and strength along with lean gains in muscle.
The Yok3d is quite a suprising supplement and really does enhance the pumps in the gym alongside the Stampede.

Felt like a good little workout today with good all round back pumps and could really feel the lats working.

Thought of the Day :

" To experience true happiness... put someone else's happiness above your own."

Fitness tip of the Day :

No Pain No Gain? Of all the fitness rumours ever to have surfaced, experts agree that the "no pain, no gain" holds the most potential for harm. While yes you should expect to have some degree of soreness a day or two after working out, a fitness activity should not hurt while you are doing it, and if it does, then either you are doing it wrong, or you already have an injury.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 12th June

Workout - Shoulders :

10 minute warm up on rowing machine
3 warm up sets for rotator cuffs

DB lateral flyes - 3 Sets @ 15 reps (pre-exhaust exercise)
Smith machine seated Press - 5 Sets @ 12,10,8,6,5 reps (last set @ 155lbs)
DB Arnold press - 3 Sets @ 12 reps
Single arm DB lateral flyes - 3 Sets @ 12,10,8 reps
Rear delt cable flyes - 4 Sets @ 12,10,8,8 reps

Crunch machine - 5 Sets to failure

Thoughts and Feelings :

First time in a while of doing delts on there own. Felt good throughout the workout and was pleased at pushing out 5 reps @ 155lbs on the seated press. I am aiming on getting this up each and every session. May have to up my dosage of Stampede pre workout to give me some more fire in my belly..... :)
Definatly feeling that the BULLK at 3 caps daily is really making a difference with my strength and can't wait to add in the Tauro-Test soon.
The IntrAbolic is definatley keeping the lactic acid build up at bay and so helping me to push out extra than i would before.
Banged a few sets in for the abs too on the crunch machine just to give myself a little more pain.... :D

Thought of the Day :

" The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care."

Fitness tip of the Day :

The Plank is one of the simplest and most effective exercises for the core and it can be done anywhere using just your body weight as resistance.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Thursday 16th June

Didn't get my legs done last week as had a bit of a head cold and felt really weak. :)
Partial legs will be done tomorrow to break back in.

Nutrition is improving with plenty of fish (Mackeral, Cod, Salmon), Chicken and Turkey breasts, Ostrich fillets and eggs for main protein sources along with a couple of protein shakes a day to add in extra protein.
Carbs are moderate throughout the day coming from Brown rice, Yams, Brown pastas along with plenty of fruit and veg.
Fat sources mainly from Fish oils, olive oil, flaxseed oil and nut mixes including Almonds and Walnuts mainly.
Aiming at 6 meals daily at even intervals so not to get that hungry feeling.

Workout - Chest/Back/Traps/Triceps :

10 minutes on rowing machine

Flat BB press - 2 warm up sets and 5 sets @ 12,8,8,5,20 reps
Incline DB flye - 5 sets @ 15,12,8,8,20 reps

BB rows - 5 Sets @ 12,8,6,6,20 reps
Weighted pullups - 5 sets @ 10,8,5,5,5 reps

DB shrugs - 3 sets @ 15 reps
BB shrugs - 3 sets @ 10,8,6

Overhead tricep ext. - 3 sets @ 12,10,8 reps
Pushdown machine - 3 sets @ 10,8,6 reps

Thoughts and feelings :

Not a bad little workout today, somthing different than the norm for me. Pumped throughout and aching a little this evening already. Anabolic Designs products still working very well and the complimentry supps of IntrAbolic and Agent-M for during and after cardio are working really well too.

Quote of the Day :

" If you never fall, you won't know how to pick yourself up. Be glad that things aren't worse, grateful for healing, and thankful for the friends who lent a hand."

Fitness tip of the Day :

Fact: Short, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) burns calories up to 48 hours AFTER your workout. That means you burn calories while you sleep!

Fact: Lower-intensity aerobic (cardio) activities only burn calories while the activity is being performed.

Fact: Anaerobic (strength-training) workouts increase EPOC Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (informally called afterburn) much more than aerobic exercise does.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Friday 17th June

Workout - Legs/shoulders/biceps/calves :

10 minute warm up on stationary bike

Squats - 2 warm up sets then 5 sets @ 15,12,8,6,5 - Last set done @ 275lbs
Stifflegged Deadlifts - 3 sets @ 12,8,6 reps
DB Lunges - 2 sets to failure

Smith machine Seated BB press (no back rest) - 5 sets @ 15,12,8,6,6 reps
BB Upright rows - 5 sets @ 12,8,6,6,20 reps

BB Preacher curls - 3 sets @ 10,8,8 reps
DB hammer curls - 3 sets @ 8,8,8 reps

Seated Calve raises - 5 sets @ 12 reps

Thoughts and feelings :

Very pleased with my last set on the squats with 275lbs for 5 reps. Must have been the extra scoop of Stampede i used pre-workout.... :)
Did the smith machine shoulder press on a flat bench without back rest so had to go a little lighter than i would normally when i use this with a back rest but still felt really good with them. Did these slow down and forced upwards at a quick pace.

Back to seperate body part workouts next week on my days off. So four days in the gym next week. :)

Quote of the Day :

" A self-motivated person can motivate others. The person who has a vision, he will be a source of energy and opportunity for others."

Fitness tip of the day :

Do you have a desk job? Chances are you will have shortened hamstrings due to many hours sitting with bent knees. The hamstrings attach to the bottom of the pelvis and if they are shortened will prevent correct rotation of the pelvis during forward bending. This can lead to an inability to rotate at the pelvis and lower back problems. So... ensure that you perform hamstring stretches regularly.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 21st June

Fresh week and a fresh me!

Workout - Chest/Triceps AM

10 minutes warmup rowing machine

Incline BB press - 2 warm up sets then 5 sets x 5 reps
DB Flat press - 5 sets @ 12,10,6,6,5 reps
DB incline Flye - 3 sets @ 12,10,8 reps
Low pulley chest Flye - 3 sets @ 12 reps

Tricep machine ext. - 3 sets @ 12 reps
BB Skull crushers - 3 sets @ 8 reps
Pushdown machine - 3 sets @ 12,8,6 reps

Cardio PM

60 minutes advanced Tae-Bo session

Thoughts and Feelings :

Felt fresh and ready for the workout ahead today. The last 3 sets on the DB press i managed the 80's which i was pleased with. Real good pump throughout the whole chest area today and had the good rounded pec shape. Triceps felt smashed after the workout.
First proper Cardio session in a while and was sweating like a pig once i'd finished, but felt as though i had really worked out today.... :)
Fod intake was good with Oats and protein before the workout and same again after but more Oats added in. Chicken and Fish my main protein sources today.
Supplements are working a treat and felt good to use the Agent-M again during and post cardio session. The Stampede is doing it's job in the gym with the IntrAbolic aiding me through the workout and works really well with the Stampede taken pre-workout.
I will be adding in Tauro Test hopefully at the beginning of next month alongside the BULLK i am already running.

Thought of the Day :

" Successful people can't relax in chairs, they relax in work; they sleep with a dream, awake with commitment and work towards goal. That's spirit of life."

Fitness tip of the Day :

Exercise is not enough. You must also include healthy eating habits! Stick to the following tips for a healthier diet.

1 - Avoid hydrogenated fats and oils.
2 - Don't overcook foods - it reduces the nutrients
3 - Try to include fruits or vegetables at most meals
4 - Relax when you are eating and eat slowly. This will help with digestion and the absorption of nutrients
5 - Try to limit your meat consumption to the very leanest cuts​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 22nd June​

Workout - Back/Traps/Calves

10 minutes on rowing machine

Low Pulley rows (Close Grip) - 2 warm ups and then 5 sets @ 12,10,8,6,6 reps
Lat pulldowns - 4 sets @ 12,8,6,6 reps
BB rows - 4 sets @ 10,8,6,5 reps
Reverse grip pulldowns - 3 sets to failure

BB Shrugs - 6 sets @ 15,15,10,8,6,5 reps last set with 220lbs

Standing Calve raises - 5 sets @ 12 reps

Thoughts and feelings

Shrugs getting back to where i was a while ago so pleased with the 220lbs as they where done slow and controlled. Good session had with good back pumps and finished it off with 3 sets to failure on the reverse grip pulldowns which really give me some fullness.

Had Oats and whey pre-workout and a power shake post workout consisting of :

500ml of Semi-skimmed milk, 30g whey, 50g Oats, 25g Wheatgerm, 2 tablespoons of Honey and a hand full of mixed fruits. Thick and Creamy....

Very tasty and satisfying. My main source of protein today was from Tuna and Chicken and light cottage cheese. Carbs from Oats, Rice and potatoes (baked). Fats from olive oil, fish oils, nuts....

Thought of the Day :

" A failure does not determine the end. It is only when we choose not to get up and begin again that we have made the choice that it is the end. If I get up and continue, that will determine my success tomorrow."

Fitness tip of the Day :

A pound of muscle burns around 6 calories per day whilst a pound of fat burns around 2 calories per day. Therefore, by increasing your lean muscle mass you can raise your metabolism.

If you perform a resistance training workout a few times per week and combine it with proper nutrition you can build additional muscle and increase the amount of calories you burn whilst resting!​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Thursday 23rd June

Workout - Shoulders

10 minute warm up on stationary bike
DB lateral raises - 3 sets @ 15 reps to warm up

Seated smith machine press - 5 sets @ 15,12,8,6,5 reps, last set @ 160lbs
DB Arnold Press - 4 sets @ 12 reps
Leaning Lateral raises (singles) - 3 sets @ 10 reps
High pulley rear delt flyes - 4 sets @ 12 reps

Abs machine - 5 sets to failure

Thoughts and feelings

Nice pump through the shoulder area and pleased with the 160lbs lift.
Shoulders felt strong throughout the whole workout and didn't feel any lactic acid build up today. Food is on key with no slacking at all this week. :)

Thought of the Day

"Don't worry about what you cannot do. Concentrate on what you can do and do it to your best ability."

Fitness tip of the Day

Want to live longer? People who burn 500-3500 calories a week through exercise live longer than sedentary people. Exercise strengthens the heart and the stronger your heart the less it has to work. For a human being with an average heartbeat of 70 bpm this means a lifespan of approximately 70 years - if you strengthen your heart and slow that heartbeat to 60 bpm, theoretically you can add 7 years to your life!​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I have had a busy time with the new grandchild, work and also trying to drum some business up for AD.

Here is a little update on where i am and how i will be moving forward.

I have been doing the gym and cardio work but not with 100% focus, this is all changing and will be back on track with all my goals, training and nutrition.
I have just added in the Tauro-Test and so will be giving feedback on this addition as well as all other aspects i was loggin in the journal before.
So i am feeling good, focused and injury free at the moment and will be updating again on all my workouts and any changes in feelings and nutrition.
My diet will be changing slightly to incoporate a little more protein and drop some carbs and also introducing some more cardio sessions to help trim some excess fat from the abdoman.

That is all for now but look forward to getting back on track and any of your feedback is more than welcome guys.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Ok all, i am now fully back at it and getting ready for my vacation in 8 weeks time. :)

Yesterdays workout​

Chest and Biceps :

Incline BB press - 2 light warmups then 5 sets @ 12,10,8,6,6 reps (last two sets with 210lbs)
DB flat press - 4 sets @ 12 reps with 75lbers
Decline bb press - 3 sets @ 12 reps
DB incline flye - 4 sets @ 12,10,8,6 reps (progressing up to 44lbers)

EZ bar Curls - 4 sets @ 15,12,10,8 reps
Rope pulley curls - 3 sets @ 10 reps
High pulley curls - 3 sets to failure

PM cardio :

30 minutes weighted Tae-bo session

Thursday 28th July

Back, Traps and calves :

10 minute on rowing machine

Wide grip pulldowns - 2 warm-ups then 5 sets @ 12,10,8,6,6 reps (last two sets on 176lbs)
Reverse grip low pulley rows - 4 sets @ 10,8,6,6 reps (last two sets at 154lbs)
Lat machine pulls - single arm - 3 sets @ 12,10,8 reps (last set at 132lbs)
Straight arm pulldowns - 3 sets to failure

BB shrugs - 5 sets @ 12,10,8,6,6 reps (last two sets at 198lbs)

Leg press calve raises - 3 sets @ 12 reps
Seated Calve raises - 3 sets @ 10 reps

PM Cardio :

30 minute heavy bag work

Thoughts and feelings :

Last few workouts have been very good. I have now been on the Tauro Test for a couple of weeks now and my strength is increasing and some excellent pumps and vascularity going on too. I will be adding in ShredaBull next month too.

My dosing of supps is as follows -

Tauro Test - 2 caps with pre-workout meal, 2 caps at lunch and 2 caps with pre-bed meal. On non-workout days the the pre-workout caps are just taken at wake up with breakfast.
BULLK - 3 Caps with evening meal
Stampede - 1-2 scoops pre-workout
Yok3d - 3 caps at wake up
SuperCissus - 3 caps pre-bed
Jack3d - Pre-cardio sessions
AGENT-M - Post-cardio
IntrAbolic - Intra-workouts

Along with the usual protein, vitamins and fish oils etc...

Overall so far this stack is working great and my weight is up by 4lbs and looking more shaped/toned in the mirror.

Thought of the day :

" You never know what you have till you've lost it. There's no gain without pain. There's no problem that lasts forever. You are unique in your own way. The best is yet to come. The best is yet to be."

Fitness tip of the day :

Want to get rid of those Love Handles? Love Handles is another name for the area of the abs called the obliques. Its a myth that lots of side bending will help eliminate them as side bends will build up the muscle around the obliques instead making them appear bigger!

Losing love handles and increasing the metabolism so you can lose weight more effectively are all tied into a consistent cardiovascular / resistance training program alongside a good nutrition plan.

The stored fat around your mid-section (for men in particular) is typically the last to leave your body even after months or years of an exercise plan.​

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Friday 29th July​

Shoulders and Triceps

DB Lateral raises - 3 sets @ 15 reps
Seated smith machine press - 5 sets @ 12,10,8,6,6 reps (last two sets with 154lbs)
Arnold Press - 3 sets @ 12 reps
Leaning DB lateral raises single arm - 3 sets @ 12,10,8 reps
High pulley rear delt flyes - 4 sets @ 15,12,10,8 reps

Close grip bench press - 4 sets @ 12,10,8,6 reps
Tricep ext. - 5 sets @ 15,12,10,8,8

Thoughts and feelings

Another good workout with very good pumps and vascularity showing through again. Felt good all the way through the workout. The Tauro Test has been a good addition as my recovery seems to be improving also and better sleep too.

Thought of the day

" Never think that you are a loser in whatever things you do. Have the right attitude; accept whatever the outcome is with a smile in your heart. Your attitude is indeed a real success. No one is a failure till he/she fails to try."

Fitness tip of the day

Keep your body guessing! When working out you constantly need to tweak your workouts and occasionally do something completely off the cuff and different.

Changing the mix not only keeps boredom at bay but also forces our bodies to keep changing. If you stick to the same routine you will stop seeing progress.

Start today by doing something totally different, it could be lifting a heavier weight, trying a new exercise or running a different route!​

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Sorry about hijacking your thread mate, but i know your an Adesigns rep and couldnt pm you as i am new to the forum.

Just purchased Taurotest and have a question about dosing it

can the 6 pills be taken it two lots of 3 pills, 3am and 3pm in the evening, dont really want to take 2 pills before bed as i take other supps then, sorather take the pills in 2 doses, does it really matter as long as they are taken?
also can they be taken with water or do they have to be taken with food/meals?