Mattrag's white FLOOD (Sponsored)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big shout out to renegade rows for allowing me this log.

I have been using preworkout drinks for a long time now. It has been the longest supplement I have used in my quest for leanville. The one I have been using unfortunately has been causing me to hit the toilet every time I drink it. Not very good when I wanna be hitting the weights.
So after a 4 week break off pre workout drinks i have started White FLood. My first time Im sad to say. I remember a long time ago I thought about trying white flood but I guess the marketing and cool names other brands had made me go towards those... Im ashamed.. But today that changes. I will be running my log of White flood in hopes of some new strength and some lean gains.
Interestingly in my training cycle today is a max effort day for the bench and for the Bent over row.

Lets get it done!

Todays workout. 1RM test on the bench

135x10
185x8
225x5
225x5
275x1
295x1 (This wasnt a full rep, it was a rep I took down to 90 degrees. I have no spot and I do this like 30mins after waking up.. I just dont have the confidence to do a full range 1RM...) Not really a PR, but I havent done this in A LONG TIME so I guess its progress.

Super setted each set with 1arm rows 100lb dbs for 5 reps

EDT#1 (TOday only one EDT as it was a ME day)

135x10
185x10
225x8
245x6
275x4
315x2 PR(had to use grips, pulled it off the rack and realized if I tried to pull it up my grip would fail and Id be looking down at the grass beneth my apartment... haha)

Super setted with one arm dumbbell presses @35lbsX8

Finished up with a nice PR.

Energy was pretty stable, as I dont usually feel non 1,3 products. Felt warm (thougth its dropping to around 60 degrees out here in the mornings). The most noticeable effect from this was the focus. On 1,3 products I get a "Sharp" focus. This one gave me a more overall focus.... Like I knew what I had to do (Get ready for work etc.) but I wasnt ADD about it. On 1,3 the sharpness of it kinda made stuff too clear. kinda hard to explain. Both are good, but for me this one is better I feel.

Liking it so far. Might boost up the dosage soon.

Taste is GREAT!

Dissolves alright, id say around a 7/10. Nothing solid in the bottle, but I do have to give it a couple vigorous shakes lol.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great to hear so far... I think you'll really be liking this by next week :)

Can't complain about PRs a day in, either ! :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay tonight I was going to do judo but the weather and my over all feeling was smashed... then I saw ronnie...

So here is my weight workout, did a speed/ME deadlift day. Standard deadlift, THIS is the exercise I pulled my back on. I got WAY stronger

Workout X (Yes, workout X)

Bent over rows

135X10

Hang cleans

135X2

(Took all the cleans to should presses too)
Power cleans

135X3
135X3
135X3
135X3
135X2

Hang cleans

135X5
135X3
135X3

Next figured wth Ill do some deads since I was already pulling my power cleans from the floor. And I was ripping it WAY high catching it at standing eye level.

135X5
135X5
185X3
205X3
225X3 (this is not a PR, but this is a HUGE gain from last time. I pulled my back on 245.... I ripped this off the ground for a STRONG 3. Fast helped!! I think also the confidence holding the weight with the statics, and the max effort bent over rows lol)

Friend popped by so I lifted with him....

Bent over row/one legged SDL

185X8/35X8
225X8/35X8
225X8/35X8
225X8/35X8
225X8/35X8

Starr shrugs/one legged SLDL

225X10/35X8
285X10/35X10
315X5/35X10

Oh yea baby damn that was crazy.

Next friend did squats so I went outside to do some ledge pull ups. Havent done these in a month.

5X5bw
The main thing I worked on was pulling myself fast enough to make my hands lift off the ledge.... hahah. Craziness.

Shoulder press statics

225X2 15s,15s
245X1 25s (Okay this is a PR.... Im going to move the weight even higher next time. For now though I am done with statics. Moving to the third phase of training. 5x5 with extra accessory)

Dosed one scoop of WF. Gave me the energy to get up and go... As I said I was feeling down, tired, and pretty much ready to nap... but I changed that. Well the White Flood did. Flooded with power!! PRs yet again!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last workout doing statics (or is it?!)

Rack holds.

135X5 (pulls)
135X5
225X5
225X3
275X3
345X2
Gripped up.
PR 365X2 15s,15s
365X2 15s, PR 30s (yes 30s)

Felt really strong today. I donno why, Must have been that popcorn I ate last night while watching Chuck lol.

Super sets Supposed to be squats and SLDL but I modified it to front squats (shoulder problems), good mornings, and one leg SLDL

had to get form, and see if I coudl hold the bar across my back

45x8/45x8/0
45x8/45x8/0
45x8/45x8/0

65x5/65x5/0
95x5/95x5/35x5
115x5/115x5/35x5
115x5/115x5/35x5
115x5/115x5/35x5

First time doing front squats, I must say I have to get the form down on just holding the dang bar.... I use the cross over grip. Definitely feeling new muscles being taxed on the stability.

Roman dead lifts. (stretch the bottom)

115x8
205X6
205X6
205x6

Good workout today. didnt sweat much but its getting cold.

Energy was good, focus is good on WF. That usable focus power I like... hard to explain. Very similar to how my other pre workouts felt but w/o the 1,3's side that makes me super ADD. haha.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hehe, just like Kleen I got a preworkout log going too ;)
Will be curious how this works for you. I need to find me a good pre workout to log. Find one that allows me to sleep after my workout since i workout at night. But yet gives me plenty of energy, focus and strength.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will be curious how this works for you. I need to find me a good pre workout to log. Find one that allows me to sleep after my workout since i workout at night. But yet gives me plenty of energy, focus and strength.
I think what makes the most difference is your reaction to 1,3 and wether you like it or not. I find caffeine solo is great for me. Stacking it really makes more problems when I dose my caffeine as high as I like it.

Most pre workouts have things that get depleted while working out as well.

What have you tried?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The great thing about WF, in my opinion, is that there's no crash or jitters to speak of. It carries you through your workout but doesn't interfere with sleep that night. It makes it a great preworkout nighttime option

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just finished my workout. Its 745 here. I dosed the White flood at around 545pm so we shall see how my sleep is tonight ;).

Running this test for you Jeff ;)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Just finished my workout. Its 745 here. I dosed the White flood at around 545pm so we shall see how my sleep is tonight ;).

Can't wait to hear!

Maybe the GABA will improve sleep for you? :)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Hurry up and wake up already. Lmao how was your sleep?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hurry up and wake up already. Lmao how was your sleep?
Jeez I just woke up!
Sleep was okay. Slept at 1130pm my time (been getting late this past week due to having more speech contest prep at school. getting home later, having to do my grocery shopping and cooking EVERY day takes time... ) I dont think sleep was affected. I got up once, at around 245am. Then fell back to sleep pretty easily. I think taking 1 scoop around 5hrs before bed is safe. Odd thing is I didnt feel tired going to bed, I didnt feel wired. I have had trouble sleeping before but this product didnt affect much of anything.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5x5 week 1

Front Squat

95x5
105x5
115x5
125x5
135x5 (PR)

Shoulder Press

95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5
155x5

Bent Over Row

185x5
205x5
225x5
245x5
265x5 (PR)

Accessory core

GMs

95x5
95x5

Weighted Crunches
35x8
45x8
45x8

Wow, PRs. Mis calculated the bent over rows. Im pretty sure the Military press top set is a PR but Im not 100% sure. My top end strength is very odd. I can handle loads of reps but not generate a lot of force.

Note: Took the product at 545 or so, and slept at 1130 around 6 hours after. No effect on sleep.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jeez I just woke up!
Sleep was okay. Slept at 1130pm my time (been getting late this past week due to having more speech contest prep at school. getting home later, having to do my grocery shopping and cooking EVERY day takes time... ) I dont think sleep was affected. I got up once, at around 245am. Then fell back to sleep pretty easily. I think taking 1 scoop around 5hrs before bed is safe. Odd thing is I didnt feel tired going to bed, I didnt feel wired. I have had trouble sleeping before but this product didnt affect much of anything.
Its about time you woke up sheesh. Lol. Nice little mini review.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
The great thing about WF, in my opinion, is that there's no crash or jitters to speak of. It carries you through your workout but doesn't interfere with sleep that night. It makes it a great preworkout nighttime option
I can vouch for that, I've used it in evening workouts to good effect

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Its the basic 5x5 Starr program for intermediate lifters.

Has a little more programming and you increase lifts weekly instead of everyday you lift.
Damn Son! when do you have time to lift with all the eatin' and loggin' :thumbsup:

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn Son! when do you have time to lift with all the eatin' and loggin' :thumbsup:
haha, I dont!! Its rough my friend. I cook around 8lbs or so of meat. stuff it all in my freezer. Boil like 8 sweet potatoes, freeze those. Thatll last for like 3-4 days tops, then Ill have veggies... cooked up daily... my freezer is like 1'X1'. max... hehe, but I like to see what supps are good, and why.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can vouch for that, I've used it in evening workouts to good effect
Yea I found this to be one GREAT benefit of WF. Good energy, but no jittered out feelings, or the feeling of being too amped to sleep.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work out 2 5x5

Front squats (max lift @ WO1's third set)

95x5
95X5
105X5
105X5
115X5

Dead lifts

135X5
135X5
185X5
225x5
245x4 (this is where I pulled my back, on rep two on this exercise I got a little worried so I didn't pull it up nicely, reps 3 and 4 were good but I was pretty much mentally destroyed by the thought of injury that I couldnt do the 5th rep. Next week Ill do the 5th rep! )

Bench

135x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
245x3 (no spotter, again fear.... But I think I could have gotten maybe one more, as on the 225 set I had to push for the 5th rep, next week Ill try to get anotehr rep here)

weighted sit ups

35x8
35x8
35x8

Good workout. No PRs but a good workout to get me back on track on my conventional deads.

Not having stomach issues after drinking this is a blessing lol. Also, taking it doesnt crash me out. I notice when 1,3 wears off, this stuff keeps me closer to baseline, close enough so I dont notice the dip in energy I guess coming down (Abiding by the theory of what goes up must come down)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit a speed day today.

Bench press

135X5x3

135X5x3

135X5x3

These were done with 15s rest between the grouping. A 3 min rest, then another "burst".

Power cleans

135X3
135X3

WU for sumo deads

195x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3

This was more for speed work and to keep my wide stance strong.

BW pull ups

x5 Ledge grip
x5 Wide grip
x5
x5
x5
x5

Leg raises

3x8

Good nice easy workout. mostly to get my body moving... its reallly cold. Tomorrow I will attempt to hit a new PR on the row, front squat, and shoulder press. ;)

White flood... Im gonna need some power!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've used the 5x5 routine and it worked very good for me too :)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do a modified version of a 5x5. Full body workouts.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you have any ALCAR on hand. 2g plus your white flood will lead to some craziness.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually take 2g when I wake so I guess its getting in there already lol.

I'm wondering how 2 scoops would be. @.@!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10/31 workout

My god this one was great !

Front squats

95x5
105x5
115x5
125x5
135x5
145x5 PR

Military press (this was the one rep to drop the weight last week ....)

95x5
115x5
125x5
145x5
165x2.5 (im going to stay at this weight till it goes up to the full 5 reps!) PR

Bent over rows

165x5
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5 PR (rep wise)

Accessory.
Today all I did for accessory was a whole lotta roman dead lifts :) Stretched out the hams at the bottom too.

135x8
185x8
205x8
225x8
225x8
225x8
225x6 (gonna try get 4 sets of 8 next week.)

Over all good workout. I added in the intra workout called ergopump... it didnt taste very good and was very watery... Next workout Im going to add in Blue Gene and see how it affects my workout ;)

Should be good.
So far Im movign up in strength every week. Granted im eating above maintenance (I think).

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dammit son. Nice job.
The food stops here (i.e. moving into a cut)
I'm adding in the blue gene to today's workout. My workout schedule cutting will include 2-3 days of what i consider conditioning. Which is sometimes Dynamic effort days of little rest with some bodybuilding style workouts, other times I will do jump rope, sprint around, or do Judo (this has been going down as I have had NO time for this... )

Blue gene~

From a glance it's like "What is this anyway?", But if you look further it is an anabolic agent due to its adaptogenic properties.

Next post for some more info on ingredients.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DISCLAIMER:

Keep in mind... I'm no doctor, hell i'm not even selling this stuff, this is what I read off some sites. They might be completely wrong... but hell this is the reason why we buy this stuff and ppl sell it. So I figure i'll inform you best I can lol. I like to know too anyway. :D

Blue Gene
(thanks to Renegade Rows for letting me run this too ;) )
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/controlled-labs/blue-gene-150-tablets.html

The blue C complex: I take it this complex is to decrease damage from stress, primarily exercise and increase blood flow to all the organs, including the heart, lungs, and all other muscles. Also, increase in mitochondrial biogenesis and energy usage. L-carnitine has been used by bodybuilders many times to increase energy output by having the mitochondria use fat as a fuel source. It effectively shuttles fat into muscles to be burned up as fuel. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect and enhances heart health (perhaps a small ergogenic aspect here).

Cissus quadrangularis is used by most body builders as a joint support supplement. In this product I believe it is used for the enhanced healing effect it has. Studies show that the healing process started faster than the control group. though in the end the base over all treatment showed no increased healing after 21 days over the control, I believe that as body builders/athletes we destroy our body so much that we tend to have new injuries and getting the inflammation down ASAP and initiating healing should be a priority. Who knows maybe it would've been better at the end of the 22nd day? Regardless, it speeds up the healing process and It is said to have antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, anthelmintic, antihemorrhoidal and analgesic activities.

Catuaba 4:1: This is an old time aphrodisiac and enhances blood flow to the brain and sexual organs. It is also a tonic to fortify the nervous system, calm the nerves, relieve insomnia, ease anxiety, restlessness, depression and emotional stress. The herb is also used to increase blood circulation to the brain (helping poor memory), to the reproductive organs (helping the libido) and to the heart (helping cardiac health)

Carao extract: Carao helps to build the hemoglobin of the blood, making oxygen more available in the body, which also has been shown to help athletes performance. So basically you can do more in less time.

GlycoCarn: I'm sure everyone heard of this one. It supposidly is the best NO booster and has significant binding affinity to muscle tissue. So basically an increase in blood flow to the muscles and in turn this increases EVERYTHING with the above.

You have over all an increased blood flow, reduced inflammation, and muscles are more sensitive to all this stuff. Prime time to build muscles.

Then now we have the blue sky complex. I will leave you with the first ingredient.
Blue Sky
Quercetin: TBH I had no idea what this did before reading the Wiki. It enhances the mitochondrial biogenesis in exercised mice, improving endurance. Also, prevented signs of cancer, so might be cancer protective at the DNA level. Querticin and Resveritol were shown to inhibit fat cells together as well. It is also anti inflammatory effects. Though human studies have been relatively negative in the body recomposition area, the exercise aspect is pretty much what I think it is used in this formula for.

Lilbulldogz

Lilbulldogz

Awards
10/31 workout

My god this one was great !

Front squats

95x5
105x5
115x5
125x5
135x5
145x5 PR

Military press (this was the one rep to drop the weight last week ....)

95x5
115x5
125x5
145x5
165x2.5 (im going to stay at this weight till it goes up to the full 5 reps!) PR

Bent over rows

165x5
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5 PR (rep wise)

Accessory.
Today all I did for accessory was a whole lotta roman dead lifts :) Stretched out the hams at the bottom too.

135x8
185x8
205x8
225x8
225x8
225x8
225x6 (gonna try get 4 sets of 8 next week.)

Over all good workout. I added in the intra workout called ergopump... it didnt taste very good and was very watery... Next workout Im going to add in Blue Gene and see how it affects my workout ;)

Should be good.
So far Im movign up in strength every week. Granted im eating above maintenance (I think).
Nice job!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ork out 2 5x5

Front squats (max lift @ WO1's third set)

95x5
115X5
125X5
135X5

Dead lifts

135X5
135X5
185X5
225x5
255x5 (Wow strength up... haha. was going to attempt to do 5 reps of last weeks weight of 245 but I felt meh 10lbs shouldnt be that bad...thank god I wasnt wrong...lol)

Bench (skipped, I didnt want to strain my pushing power anymore. Elbows still kinda sore.

OH squats/plate squat (holding the plate in front of me and doing a ATG squat.)

45X10/25X10
45x10/45x10
45x10/45x10
45x10/45x10

Good workout. No PRs but a good workout obviously getting stronger. Took a short 5min jog and one hill sprint to get warmed up. Got up SUPER early today. Instead of waking up at the usual 6ish, I got up at 4... couldnt sleep after that. So i started my workout. Today I took 2 scoops of whiteflood. Man, I felt it... stim effect. Over stimed for sure. Took like 4 pisses between my workout (only around 55mins long). Going back down to one scoop lol. First time in a long time that I feel i need LESS stims. Well cept for 1,3... that stuff is strong, I wish my 60mg caps were smaller (NP bulk)... the 25mgs in BPS combustion I feel are the PERFECT dosing size.

Long day ahead at work. Stress I feel is picking up... I think Im going to incorporate some HGHpro so I can sleep.... what can I say... EndoSurge made me addicted to sleep aids... I want endosurge!! To bad its OOS on the site... and its not at the place where I am going to put in my next order... (around $500, shipping is going to be around 180 bucks so I have to choose ONLY one place lol).

BTW, how much caffeine is in 1 scoop if you dont mind me asking>?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on epic win.
Thanks for chiming in!!

On a second note today I took the Blue Gene, having noticed much as it is the first dose. But I feel a bit more relaxed today. Even after taking the double scoop of white flood. I might have actually just pee'd it all out lol. Was kinda anxious earlier but now i feel like everything is "flowing" nicer.

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for chiming in!!

On a second note today I took the Blue Gene, having noticed much as it is the first dose. But I feel a bit more relaxed today. Even after taking the double scoop of white flood. I might have actually just pee'd it all out lol. Was kinda anxious earlier but now i feel like everything is "flowing" nicer.
Good choice, one of my fav supps.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good choice, one of my fav supps.
Note on blue gene today~

Got up LATE, missed the workout (it's okay though I worked out yesterday because I had a feeling this would happen...).

Was feeling goggy. Took Blue Gene and felt much better in around 30 minutes :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Famine one workout

Dosed White Flood at 1.5 scoops... again... too strong... this stuff is amazing! I used to dose jack3d at 3 scoops and just feel wired. This stuff at one dose I feel it is "Enough" just the supp addict in me wants to dose it higher!! 6am dosed, 630 started workout

Back squats/1arm bent over row

135x10/35x10
135x10/55x10
185x5/90x5
225x5/90x5
225x5/90x5
225x5/90x5

I can do back squats.... I just have to use a REALLY wide grip.. and have my back more at an angle when decending... kinda sux, but form wise it still checks out.

Pull up/1 arm row

bwx5/90x5
bwx5/90x5
bwx5/90x5
bwx5/90x5

WTF... my pull up strength is GONE. I just set the bar at the top position and kept my knees tucked in on the rack and did them... Lost a lot of strength. I guess the ledge grip works different muscles and I need to do these too.

Biceps.

bar bell curl/hammer curl/reverse barbell curl
95x6/17.5kgsx6/95x6

Ended. Good workout today. Like I said earlier, deloading so weight used it less. Also... I think these exercises also went down in rep range... due to CNS over training. Felt really heavy for stuff I was repping out like nothing earlier.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you need to do mobility work for your shoulders to fix that back squat issue.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you need to do mobility work for your shoulders to fix that back squat issue.
Yea. And doing some myo release stuff I found online too.

Old injury. From when I was playing recreational tennis for two years daily lol.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Joe Defrancos simple six pre-wo and once on your off days. I have a raised AC joint in my left shoulder and hardly ever feel it. You also might need to do more upper back work like scarcrows, face pulls, pullaparts, db cleans...to strengthen that area of your back.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joe Defrancos simple six pre-wo and once on your off days. I have a raised AC joint in my left shoulder and hardly ever feel it. You also might need to do more upper back work like scarcrows, face pulls, pullaparts, db cleans...to strengthen that area of your back.
I'll look those up!! Hard though with the accessory. I train at home :(