Unanswered Matthersby log: Old man on a mission

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Matthersby you look really good, actually big for that weight.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I’d echo the above mate, really coming on great. Arms looking meaty and leaning out really well. Excited to see where you end up

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is almost best you ever looked, except maybe that picture from few years ago you once posted. I wouldnt chase the weight if I was you (trying to be heavier), I think you will place better even if you are few lbs lighter but overall your conditioning is better.

I weighed myself today, down to 220lbs (but not lean as you of course). I mean, it is kinda low for me, but i am not fussed, i reckon hey, it is good to have my body take a break from being muscular and then hit harder once quarantine clears.

I dont workout with weights as i am too cheap to buy the set for at home use as i can train in the gym for free (once it opens of course) so I do bodyweight stuff with band resistance.

Inverted rows (pullup bar between a desk and a cupboard 😀), band resisted pushups, lunges and lateral raises with dumbbells.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is almost best you ever looked, except maybe that picture from few years ago you once posted. I wouldnt chase the weight if I was you (trying to be heavier), I think you will place better even if you are few lbs lighter but overall your conditioning is better.

I weighed myself today, down to 220lbs (but not lean as you of course). I mean, it is kinda low for me, but i am not fussed, i reckon hey, it is good to have my body take a break from being muscular and then hit harder once quarantine clears.

I dont workout with weights as i am too cheap to buy the set for at home use as i can train in the gym for free (once it opens of course) so I do bodyweight stuff with band resistance.

Inverted rows (pullup bar between a desk and a cupboard ), band resisted pushups, lunges and lateral raises with dumbbells.
I totally agree. I’m likely going to just slowly put on size from where I end up. I love being leaner and don’t want to lose it.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When are you adding in more supplements and what doses

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When are you adding in more supplements and what doses
Last 6-8 weeks is gonna be Tren Var T3 and Clen. But that’s about all I know. This next week is still just 2iu GU, 500 test, 400 mast, gda post workout , Vasoburn pre cardio. And then just the usuals vitamin taurine creatine glutamine bcaa and whey. 2300off days/2800cals training days

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last 6-8 weeks is gonna be Tren Var T3 and Clen. But that’s about all I know. This next week is still just 2iu GU, 500 test, 400 mast, gda post workout , Vasoburn pre cardio. And then just the usuals vitamin taurine creatine glutamine bcaa and whey. 2300off days/2800cals training days
I’m also secretly adding in proviron 50/day, Cardarine 10-20/day and more mast regardless of it being prescribed by my trainer the last 30 days prior to comp.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Will be interesting to see how you tolerate tren. Do you know what dose he will have you on? I hope he puts you on ace.

Tren should really help preserve that muscle while taking T3.

And it probably is going to be rough with no estrogen in your system but unfortunately that is what you gotta do pre contest.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At what point do you paint the "S" on your chest? Are you going to log throughout your entire prep? May be an invaluable tool for some of us that hope to tackle this accomplishment in the next several years.

Looking stellar...keep it up brother. Are you still dropping kratom through this process?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will be interesting to see how you tolerate tren. Do you know what dose he will have you on? I hope he puts you on ace.

Tren should really help preserve that muscle while taking T3.

And it probably is going to be rough with no estrogen in your system but unfortunately that is what you gotta do pre contest.
He’s conservative so I’d be shocked if he even gets it to 400. Ace, already have it at the ready.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At what point do you paint the "S" on your chest? Are you going to log throughout your entire prep? May be an invaluable tool for some of us that hope to tackle this accomplishment in the next several years.

Looking stellar...keep it up brother. Are you still dropping kratom through this process?
Oh stop it Beaphy.
Ya, I haven’t been logging because we haven’t had a need to do much. Workouts are just pushups pull-ups dips resistance bands. Drugs have stayed the same largely for 6-7 weeks. Mast Test GH. And all he’s done so far is add cardio, and drop cals to 2800/2300 with no refeeds. That brought me from 240ish to now. The last two weeks have only been 1lb loss but I believe he is plenty happy for where we are at for 12 weeks. The deficit or cardio is definitely going to get changed up here soon, and I’ll be logging every single adjustment he makes all the way to the day of the show. It may be applicable to some, but keep in mind, it’s different from what a open class bodybuilder would do since MP they don’t want quite as lean. Hopefully we learn a lot about the process.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_2523.JPG

Getting vascular.
C0678E51-5835-45A5-ACE8-F9EAA98E77CF.jpg

Side by side from August last year 237 and last week 217.
I will be getting our 8.5 weeks out Plans tonight/tomorrow. New training new drugs new meal plan new fat burners added.
The first half of prep was mast @400 test @550
GH 2iu/day. It should start to get really good considering what we’ve done with so little so far.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You got good genetics for pec shape. Square chest.

Shoulders are looking good.

arms and chest look fantastic 😀

Legs seem stubborn 😐

Similar situation to mine. However my legs got smaller due to at home workouts. Lots of opportunity to do chinups, dips, resisted pushups, inverted rows, dumbbell work... somehow those lunges get neglected 😆

But my calves are eternally small. They are roughly 17 inches and they look like sticks at 197cm of height.

And aas didnt seem to help my legs at all. Mk surprisingly, however, did seem to help.

Last edited:
Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Legs seem stubborn

Similar situation to mine. However my legs got smaller due to at home workouts.
Exactly the same, they had improved with the off season but two months of no weights are why they have regressed.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t remember if you already said this but what’s your pro, carbs and fat intake in those 2800 cals?

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 194383
Getting vascular.
View attachment 194384
Side by side from August last year 237 and last week 217.
I will be getting our 8.5 weeks out Plans tonight/tomorrow. New training new drugs new meal plan new fat burners added.
The first half of prep was mast @400 test @550
GH 2iu/day. It should start to get really good considering what we’ve done with so little so far.
Damn man, thats some solid progress and bunch of improvements! Chest and delts look really good!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t remember if you already said this but what’s your pro, carbs and fat intake in those 2800 cals?
It just got lowered again.

I’m about 217.

Training days
295/265/40 - 2695

Off days
285/110/65 - 2350

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, you do that low on fats, interesting, thanks for sharing.
Ya besides the little bit that comes with lean stuff, I only get it from almond butter and turkey sausage. It’s easy to go over 45g if you’re actively eating fats.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is getting serious and soon very rough. Where do you see yourself ending up at? 205ish?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is getting serious and soon very rough. Where do you see yourself ending up at? 205ish?
No idea, my weight is back up to 217 even though I keep leaning out but since we are adding clen and T3, I’d imagine low 200s but hopefully very full.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I remember you saying that your tren cycles lasted about a week back in the day due to sides.

Wonder how you will tolerate right now.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking lean. Gyms open yet where you live?
Been back 2 weeks. Legs are going to grow but look substantially better which is fine, we knew end of off season Classic is out. I’m having fantastic workouts on cardarine and 600 mast.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well unfortunately for classic physique you would have to put on more mass which means tons of strain on your body. For some reason i think you have been on high doses for a long time.

I reckon you could do it with trest, gh and insulin (next time), however that is up to you since it is your health.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been back 2 weeks. Legs aren’t going to grow but look substantially better regardless which is fine, we knew end of off-season Classic is out. I’m having fantastic workouts on cardarine and 600 mast.
I think you’re in a great place to do well in Men’s Physique (just my non-educated bropinion). You are very lean all of the time now, so literally at this point just don’t **** up & continue listening to your coach and you’re going to look great on stage. Any size or fullness you manage to add with the Tren will be plainly visible.

May I ask what health supports you’re using, if any?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been back 2 weeks. Legs aren’t going to grow but look substantially better regardless which is fine, we knew end of off-season Classic is out. I’m having fantastic workouts on cardarine and 600 mast.
I think you’re in a great place to do well in Men’s Physique (just my non-educated bropinion). You are very lean all of the time now, so literally at this point just don’t **** up & continue listening to your coach and you’re going to look great on stage. Any size or fullness you manage to add with the Tren will be plainly visible.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Baby aspirin, multi, magnesium, nac/milk thistle, Tudca, Cardarine. Think thats it.
Thanks brother

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your looking good bro you hard work is paying off how long are you keeping the T3 in for and what dosage. You've come a LOONG way since you first started about competing and now your almost there. So happy for you man

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your looking good bro you hard work is paying off how long are you keeping the T3 in for and what dosage. You've come a LOONG way since you first started about competing and now your almost there. So happy for you man
Thank you big guy! I am awaiting an email with my new protocol for Tren Test T3 Clen and Winnie.
I’m currently still on test 550 mast 600 Cardarine 10 and GH 2iu. Monday I will drop mast and add all of the above drugs and unknown doses.