Unanswered Matthersby log: Old man on a mission

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You look good at least. Not sure how big a difference it would be if using different foods or macro splits, but at least the results you have achieved are quality. You know it’s working.
I think he’s a bit old school with his diet. He knows I don’t mind eating this way but the amount needed without a little flexibility with fats makes it hard to get down. I do hear a lot of guys like Luke and Fouad saying they don’t need so much protein but they look more comp ready on high protein lower fat diets. Not really sure since I’ve only been this size once and it was easier with more fat but I feel like this time I could look good in 16 weeks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you have body dysmorphia hahaha kidding not kidding.

Seriously bro youre making great progress... Looking beastly Matt!

Ive heard some big boys thought process of throwing in the eq for shorter duration for the benefit of increasing appetite on bigger and longer cycles or bridges where food consumption is necessary. I suspect with the amount of food and number of meals he has you consuming, eating can start to feel like a chore. Maybe the eq will help some with that.
Yeah this is what I said when he originally mentioned it. Must be for the appetite increase. Otherwise too slow of a kick in.

He does look like a beast total body dysmorphia or as I call it Bigorexia...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_2034.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

Had a fun week. Was hung ho on Monday trained my ass off, pushing down every meal so I could grow as much this last week of off-season as possible. Wednesday I had my huge breakfast 6oz egg whites butter avocado turkey sausage and cream of rice. 3 hours later when I was due to eat, I felt like I had 2 Thanksgiving meals already. Stomach was distended, and water was hard to get down. Didn’t take my usual morning dump the size of a newborn baby that I’ve literally had to break apart with my hands to get down-to not put one of two toilets on the second floor out of commission. (I’ve done this twice at my company and one time they couldn’t fix the toilet for a week) so needless to say, I was in trouble. Took a bunch of magnesium and stool softener and drank as much water as I could stomach. It only got worse and after work I ended up going to urgent care. Didn’t eat the entire day. Once a doc saw me, I was told I didn’t have ischemic bowel or obstruction based on my symptoms but I was most definitely impacted. He advised me I could save a few thousand and deal with at home. So I proceeded to hit the store and grabbed the following: one jug light prune juice, magnesium citrate saline drink(the Mack daddy of laxatives), more sf psyllium husk fiber, and mirilax. Went home and proceeded to take one dose of each, the whole jug of prune juice and the whole bottle of mag citrate. Ended up taking the next day off work since it caught up with me by the next morning. One would think that it was a nightmare of diarrhea but it was awesome. I got a free colonic and for the first time in two years my stomach was flat and I wasn’t constipated or bloated. I was back eating again last night but I took a hit in bodyweight, 247>237. A lot of water weight from diarrhea mainly. I feel like I actually got ahead of my Kratom constipation for once. Pitiful week for gains but we started deload anyways and I’m coming off except 600 EQ/300 test. Not the worst way to kick off prep.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking great in pics. If that issue happens again you should ask doc to order you moviprep. Its the drink you get before a colonoscopy. It will totally flush you out and it's easier it's all premixed just add water. And to make it taste better you can mix in powder like Gatorade or ice tea

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_2046.JPG

Kept missing Red Cross appointments and I didn’t want to wait any longer to stay on top of clot factors. DIY

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How much did you drain?
4fl oz. It always clots before I get to 8oz. A pint is the goal but I’m fine undershooting doing it with no medical supervision. If I passed out and didn’t get the needle out in time it could keep draining and literally kill me. The probability of that is quite low but this is just something to get me to next donation. It’s important to note I was on EQ with borderline high clot factors days before starting that drug 4 weeks ago.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So,
I was greenlit to take a few days off the gym and eat how I’d like. We are going to start a whole new phase of training and diet pulling back cals and adding cardio, after a brief 2-4 week deload and break from anabolics. So currently, I’m taking:
2iu GH(I guess I got really lucky and my generic black top is legit strong), Test E 250.
That’s it. Gonna hang onto the last 45 tabs of cardarine and 20 tabs of Proviron. All for pre comp. Actually legitimately excited for a month off drugs. We spent 11 weeks no drugs but then did 10 weeks npp high test, 4 weeks off, 8 weeks mast prop overlapping 4 weeks of EQ. I think he just added it for added hunger or he didn’t do the math for how long we had until deload and prep started. Because it had barely kicked in and now I’m jumping off if.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didnt realize you were on carine. Can you tell me how you liked it. I'm logging it for the new sponsor so trying to get some perspective on what to expect

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I didnt realize you were on carine. Can you tell me how you liked it. I'm logging it for the new sponsor so trying to get some perspective on what to expect
I think it’s one of the best drugs to happen to ped users. GW and Proviron aren’t used nearly enough in cycles because everyone is so caught up with adding drugs that muscle addition is their primary use. What about using drugs that reverse the cholesterol effects of the other drugs you are using? Or drugs that lower shbg and increase the effectiveness of other drugs, or dry out wet compounds or add libido to libido-crushing drugs? Lots of reasons to use these two drugs and they’re invaluable additions to cycles.
Love cardarine not just for it does for my labs, but it leans me out, gives me clean energy and stamina all day. Great stuff that I plan to run anytime on a heavy cycle.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it’s one of the best drugs to happen to ped users. GW and Proviron aren’t used nearly enough in cycles because everyone is so caught up with adding drugs that muscle addition is their primary use. What about using drugs that reverse the cholesterol effects of the other drugs you are using? Or drugs that lower shbg and increase the effectiveness of other drugs, or dry out wet compounds or add libido to libido-crushing drugs? Lots of reasons to use these two drugs and they’re invaluable additions to cycles.
Love cardarine not just for it does for my labs, but it leans me out, gives me clean energy and stamina all day. Great stuff that I plan to run anytime on a heavy cycle.
Man I just bought some carderine and have it but I'm really freaked out by the studies that it can turn on predisposed cancer cells and cause growth. A lot of people debate this and I really wanna use it but that aspect scares the shyt outta me. I know it works marvelous but it was abandoned for a reason and a drug that works that well it makes you wonder what they really saw. A lot of people have tried to interpret the few studies released but I think there's a lot more info that GSK probably didn't release. You know they did more than one or two rat studies on the drug.

I use proviron on the reg and agree it has many added benefits as an ancillaries type drug.

Last edited:

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Man I just bought some carderine and have it but I'm really freaked out by the studies that it can turn on predisposed cancer cells and cause growth. A lot of people debate this and I really wanna use it but that aspect scares the shyt outta me. I know it works marvelous but it was abandoned for a reason and a drug that works that well it makes you wonder what they really saw. A lot of people have tried to interpret the few studies released but I think there's a lot more info that GSK probably didn't release. You know they did more than one or two rat studies on the drug.

I use proviron on the reg and agree it has many added benefits as an ancillaries type drug.
I feel the same way, the cancer effects freak me out.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dunno guys that have done 100x the reading and research into all GWs trials and clinical findings and they are all willing to take 10-20mg daily for up to 8 weeks.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worrying about a spurious cancer risk whilst filling your body with heavy metal infested injectables, or heart destroying ai lol
Lol most of those compounds are safe and approved for human use and have been thoroughly tested. I run moderate cycles only these days and try to get by using little or no ais and serms bc they're toxic. But yeah I worry about a drug a major manufacturer abandoned a drug that works like a champ. Sounds like the drug companies to just leave money on the table haha sounds legit.

Srsly tho I'm sure moderate doses are fine for short periods of time. Still I always wonder.

And trust me bro, I used to shoot heroin in my jugular vein. So it's not like I'm just afraid to try something

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After my studying it seemed that a few rodents had cancer after the cardarine study. There was never any link or data showing that card caused or assisted in tumor growth. My thoughts after the studies anyway.

However I will say sarms in general make me a bit uneasy....and maybe for no good reason. But look at the guys pushing this stuff - Dylan gemelli comes to mind. A lot of them just flat out look u healthy and certainly not like a bber.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
After my studying it seemed that a few rodents had cancer after the cardarine study. There was never any link or data showing that card caused or assisted in tumor growth. My thoughts after the studies anyway.

However I will say sarms in general make me a bit uneasy....and maybe for no good reason. But look at the guys pushing this stuff - Dylan gemelli comes to mind. A lot of them just flat out look u healthy and certainly not like a bber.
To be fair, Cardarine was given to the cancer rodents at doses someone would not or should not take. If all rodents were given extreme doses of Tylenol, they would all get liver failure.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man almost anything can cause cancer in high enough doses. But I am really not that worried. I mean we know that smoking causes cancer. But how long does that take years? Moderate doses for short periods of time 4 to 8 weeks shouldn't really worry you imo

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man almost anything can cause cancer in high enough doses. But I am really not that worried. I mean we know that smoking causes cancer. But how long does that take years? Moderate doses for short periods of time 4 to 8 weeks shouldn't really worry you imo
That’s actually 100% my thinking too. You don’t get abnormal cell development in 8 weeks. Unless you are fucking microwaved or bathed in toxic/nuclear waste. GW isn’t giving anybody cancer in 10-20mg 8 week cycles. That’s asinine.
Totally agree with you.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_2062.JPG

Really excited to make this look like just muscle.
This week was intuitive eating which for me was probably a large deficit. I already went from 246 to 236. Keep in mind I cycled off all drugs except 250/test and 2iu GH. Probably hovering in the 2500-3000 calories range. I’ll know by tomorrow what cals for the next 3 weeks looks like. I’m deloading too so eod 1-2 exercises for each bodypart, not really training to failure. It’s horrible. But when we start cranking things up and adding drugs back in, the fullness and details should start coming out. Really excited to get lean as possible.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also added mirilax and Kimchi daily which has really helped bloat. Expect way better looking stomach each week compared to above.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s all there already, excited to see the coming shredding in the next few weeks!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude every pic your quads are looking more shredded. How many weeks out are you?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn 17weeks your gonna kill it at the show
I can’t see it man. I have total dysmorphia and just hope I have plenty of muscle to cut hard and have enough left to look good. I feel like I will actually love what I see when I drop 6-7%. Right now I feel like it all looks bad, and not very muscular and not at all lean. Any time I feel like i don’t have enough muscle I just pull up a local men’s physique competitor and I start to chill out.
IMG_2039.JPG

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My coach has made a lot of champions. And I was once coached by a multiple top ten Olympia competitor believe me i know what 17 weeks out looks and my friend you are ahead of the curve

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My coach has made a lot of champions. And I was once coached by a multiple top ten Olympia competitor believe me i know what 17 weeks out looks and my friend you are ahead of the curve
**** thank you that seriously puts my mind at ease.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can’t see it man. I have total dysmorphia and just hope I have plenty of muscle to cut hard and have enough left to look good. I feel like I will actually love what I see when I drop 6-7%. Right now I feel like it all looks bad, and not very muscular and not at all lean. Any time I feel like i don’t have enough muscle I just pull up a local men’s physique competitor and I start to chill out.
View attachment 192059
That's a good way to handle it. I know the feeling - I'll feel completely down and think I look like total horse shlt. Then at the gym get some awesome compliments- i try to see me how they see me but I just can't. I think we are so keyed in on the sport we are looking to be like the pros - but your talking top maybe 2-3% of the world. Just cant see past that as the end goal. But no way you need to be that advanced to turn heads and be successful.

Implementing that thinkung is another problem though

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To be fair, Cardarine was given to the cancer rodents at doses someone would not or should not take. If all rodents were given extreme doses of Tylenol, they would all get liver failure.
This. Rats took the equivalent of us taking like 100mg of it some ridiculous dosage like that.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This. Rats took the equivalent of us taking like 100mg of it some ridiculous dosage like that.
I think the dosage was even more ridiculous like 1000mg equivalent in humans for several months at a time

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think the dosage was even more ridiculous like 1000mg equivalent in humans for several months at a time
LOL. And this was a debate for like a year or two on forums all over the internet...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL. And this was a debate for like a year or two on forums all over the internet...
I know I hate that I even mentioned it haha I've been cringing at all the comments tbh.

Sorry @Matthersby for the derailment

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You on the right track when others compliment you, and you do not compliment yourself. Your going to do great!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know I hate that I even mentioned it haha I've been cringing at all the comments tbh.

Sorry @Matthersby for the derailment
Bro
I love derails. Get to talk to my friends even though I don’t update my log as much as I should. Love this group on AM right now.
So, I’m pretty psyched after week 1 has ended. My body is loving even a slight calorie restriction and even responded well to a lame deload doing just an exercise or two for each bodypart last two weeks. Cardio 3x 40 min all last week. No refeeds. Caps around 3550/3050-off days.
Dropped a total of 9lbs so far and I like the direction we’re headed.
IMG_2085.JPG

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro
I love derails. Get to talk to my friends even though I don’t update my log as much as I should. Love this group on AM right now.
So, I’m pretty psyched after week 1 has ended. My body is loving even a slight calorie restriction and even responded well to a lame deload doing just an exercise or two for each bodypart last two weeks. Cardio 3x 40 min all last week. No refeeds. Caps around 3550/3050-off days.
Dropped a total of 9lbs so far and I like the direction we’re headed.
View attachment 192190
Holy shyt bro you're leaning out w the quickness!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good, and on the Carditone, I read a study discussing what they found with the cancerous rats and they were ridiculously high. They also said it was from them not having enough of a certain compound produced in their liver that humans had and this is why it was safer for humans than rats. Let me see if I can't find where I shared it on here and you can have a look.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Role of PPAR's in Cancer

A bit of educational information on PPAR's and cancer. There has been A LOT of concern from many researchers regarding the role of PPAR's in cancer. Many of the PPAR's tested in mice lead to cancerous tumors in testing. This includes cardarine, or should I say cardarine was the PPAR research product that really brought this concern to light for researchers.

I decided to do a little research there and found this article recently that said although the PPAR agonist caused cancer in mice that they do not seem to cause the same problem in humans. It explained the process at which they found this out and why it is that way. Has to do with how the liver processes it. The liver of the mice is unable to handle it due to a higher sensitivity level or something along those lines. Either way it alleviates my concerns on the studies that reported PPAR's causing cancer in mice.

It is here if you would like to read it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2435221/

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 191851
Kept missing Red Cross appointments and I didn’t want to wait any longer to stay on top of clot factors. DIY
I didnt manage to catch up these days as i have been very busy but..
My man hahahahha

Btw i also drained about half a pint about 10 days ago. Hct was 52 % and i am off everything and i was pissed as bp was slightly up and i was getting headaches.

feeling better now endurance seems to have improved.

was out of 18 g needles so i had to go with the 16g. Damn harpoon.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I didnt manage to catch up these days as i have been very busy but..
My man hahahahha

Btw i also drained about half a pint about 10 days ago. Hct was 52 % and i am off everything and i was pissed as bp was slightly up and i was getting headaches.

feeling better now endurance seems to have improved.

was out of 18 g needles so i had to go with the 16g. Damn harpoon.
That’s a mans needle right there. 20 are even hard with good veins and experience with needles but not really for me. Spent 10 years poking people so I could get an 18. 16 would be 1/2 chance unless I went in the only spot I know I could hit every time. That spot in the pic is just me showing off. Used my forearm.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_2094.JPG

Still got a lot of trimming up the midsection to do but noticing daily improvements. *If anyone is stressing out about training with no gym, dm me, and go to any place that’s open and buy resistance bands with handles, Walmart has a great 3pack for $20. Use 2 chairs. I put together a chest tris front delts workout last night that rivaled a gym session* I spent 10 months in rehab way back in ‘09 and fell in love with training again, but had limited options. I’ve got ideas for days*

Anyways to really be successful, I’ve stopped lying to myself about my cals/macros and just log them, it gets difficult using MyFitnessPal and looking up 15 kinds of egg whites in various serving sizes, but it’s relatively easy to simply do my own math and jot it down every meal, get an idea what I’m getting daily. I’m pretty damn close to what prescribed given some variability. I am getting just shy of my carbs, and only slightly less fat but I bet I’m off and am hitting it. Should be about 300/385/45 and 290/205/85

Here’s what I’m hitting just about
IMG_2101.JPG