MassMax XT - Product Write Up

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

MassMax XT: Natural Anabolic/Androgenic Complex

MassMaxXT is a complex that is precisely formulated to increase protein synthesis and improve body composition. MassMaxXT contains an HPLC extract of Rhaponticum Carthamoides, which consists of a wide range of ecdysteroids and is standardized to 40% ecdysterone. Ecdysterone has demonstrated potent anabolic effects without increasing androgens, like testosterone. In clinical studies, ecdysterone has increased muscle mass up by 6-7% while simultaneously decreasing fat mass by 10% [1]!

Ecdysteroids are a class of compounds found in insects - which they use for molting and growth - as well as found in a variety of plants. The anabolic effects have been demonstrated in multiple studies, whether in vitro [2,3], in animal models [4], or in humans [5]. However, not all studies have been positive – many have tested either a single ecdysteroid extract or an inferior source of ecdysteroids, such as suma root [6]. MassMaxXT can provide clinically proven muscle mass growth through our highly purified HPLC extract of whole plant Rhaponticum Carthamoides!

The whole plant extract contains a full spectrum of ecdysteroids, such that we can ensure greater bioavailability and effectiveness compared to any single component. Cell and animal studies clearly demonstrate the anabolic potential of ecdysteroids. Human studies suggest that the right combination of pure ecdysteroids are needed to unlock that potential. When a whole plant extract was compared to individual components, the whole plant Rhaponticum Carthamoides performed much better [7]. Additionally, human performance studies using whole plant Rhaponticum Carthamoides demonstrated significant improvements in muscle mass [1], fat mass [1], and work capacity [5], while studies from inferior sources did not [6].
While providing a wide spectrum of ecdysteroids, we have chosen to standardize our Rhaponticum Carthamoides extract to 20-hydroxyecdysone. Though there has been some discussion regarding the most active ecdysteroid, the research is clear – 20-hydroxyecdysone is more active than other studied compounds. 20-hydroxyecdysone has reliably increased muscle cell diameter in vitro and muscle size in the soleus of rats [8]. To unleash this clinically studied growth in muscle tissue, MassMaxXT contains a plant extract standardized to 20-hydroxyecdysone at 40%.

We wanted to take MassMaxXT to the next level, so we employed the most accurate isolation and extraction process available, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). There are generally two ways to monitor the isolation process of ecdysteroids from plants: using a UV detector to measure absorbance or using HPLC to utilize multiple detection. Researchers have been able to identify new ecdysteroids by utilizing HPLC to measure them, though their concentrations may be very low [9]. Through this painstaking extraction process, we can achieve the widest possible spectrum of ecdysteroids, thereby optimizing the anabolic action of Rhaponticum Carthamoides.

A quick look at the other ingredients in MassMaxXT that makes it the premier muscle building formula on the market today

Epicatechin
Epicatechin, which is found naturally in dark chocolate and green tea, in another potent muscle and strength builder. It acts by both decreasing myostatin in the body and by increasing follistatin. Myostatin is a powerful inhibitor of muscle growth, popularly known from pictures of super-jacked cows who have a natural mutation in the myostatin gene, resulting in abnormally large muscles. Follistatin, on the other hand, indirectly promotes muscle growth by inhibiting myostatin. Epicatechin has been shown to favorably affect both myostatin and follistatin in an animal model, and to improve the follistatin/ myostatin ratio in humans. The mouse study investigated both young and older mice, since the older mice demonstrated age-related decreases in follistatin and increases in myostatin [10]. In the young mice, epicatechin lowered myostatin levels. In the older mice, follistatin dramatically increased, while myostatin returned to the same levels as the young untreated mice. In humans, 7 days of treatment with 25mg of epicatechin resulted in a 50% increase of the follistatin/myostatin ratio, as well as a significant increase in handgrip strength [10].
Epicatechin may also aid in muscle growth by increasing blood flow via nitric oxide release. Epicatechin activates nitric oxide synthase [11], which is an enzyme that activates nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide cause vasodilation, leading to enhanced blood flow. Increased blood flow may improve oxygen and nutrient delivery to the muscles, which may lead to better workouts in the gym, leading to muscle growth and increased strength.

Methyl Palmitate/Methyl Oleate:
These two fatty acid esters, naturally found in honeybee drone milk, have demonstrated potent androgenic and anabolic effects. In a study from the University of Szeged, Hungary, 10 days of treatment with drone milk significantly increased testosterone levels and muscle mass, as measured by the levator ani muscle in rats [12]. Methyl palmitate and methyl oleate were determined to be the active ingredients in the drone milk. The administration of methyl palmitate alone reproduced the anabolic effect, but both fatty acid esters were needed to produce an androgenic effect.

Atractylodes Lancea Rhizome:
Atractylodes is a root traditionally used in Chinese medicine to remedy low appetite, gastric distress, and nausea. Studies have demonstrated that treatment with atractylodes improves gastric emptying and intestinal motility [13], and it works by enhancing ghrelin secretion [14]. Ghrelin is a peptide hormone that is known as the “hunger hormone” for its ability to control hunger, which is great for anyone wanting to add serious mass. Also, ghrelin increases anabolic hormones, such as growth hormone. In this way, atractylodes has the dual benefit of stimulating hormones for growth and increasing hunger to help match the supply of macronutrients with the demand.

Sodium Caprate:
Sodium caprate is a well-documented absorption enhancer. Increased intestinal absorption can occur transcellularly (across the cell) or paracellularly (between cells). Sodium caprate functions by removing essential proteins in bicellular and tricellular tight junctions [15] which increases paracellular permeability [16]. By opening up the tight junctions between cells, sodium caprate can enhance the flux of compounds into the bloodstream, thereby increasing blood concentration and bioavailability. This is especially important with compounds that have high solubility but low permeability, such as ecdysteroids and epicatechin.

Green Tea:
Green tea is packed with catechins, including epicatechin, epigallocatechin, epicatechin gallate, and epigallocatechin gallate. Combining green tea extract with epicatechin can improve the bioavailability of the epicatechin extract, in the same way that a wider spectrum of ecdysteroids can enhance the effectiveness of ecdysterone.

Piperine:
Piperine is a compound extracted from black pepper, and its action is due to its ability to slow down the elimination of compounds from the body. By inhibiting cytochrome P450 enzymes, which play essential roles in the oxidation and elimination of many compounds, piperine can increase the time that certain compounds stay in the bloodstream, thereby improving their effectiveness. This is especially important with regards to compounds that the body metabolizes rather quickly, such as ecdysteroids. Piperine supplementation has increased the bioavailability of both drugs [17] and natural compounds [18].

REFERENCES:
1. Simakin, S. Y. (1988). The Combined Use of Ecdisten and the Product'Bodrost'during Training in Cyclical Types of Sport. Scientific Sports Bulletin, 2.
2. Chermnykh, N. S., Shimanovskiĭ, N. L., Shutko, G. V., & Syrov, V. N. (1988). The action of methandrostenolone and ecdysterone on the physical endurance of animals and on protein metabolism in the skeletal muscles. Farmakologiia i toksikologiia, 51(6), 57.
3. Gorelick-Feldman, J., MacLean, D., Ilic, N., Poulev, A., Lila, M. A., Cheng, D., & Raskin, I. (2008). Phytoecdysteroids increase protein synthesis in skeletal muscle cells. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 56(10), 3532-3537.
4. Azizov AP, S.R., Chubarova AV, The effect of elton, leveton, fitoton and adapton on the work capacity of experimental animals. Eksp Klin Farmakol, 1998. 61(3).
5. Azizov AP, S.R., Chubarova AV, Effects of leuzea tincture and leveton on humoral immunity of athletes. Eksp Klin Farmakol, 1997. 60(60): p. 47-48
6. Wilborn, C. D., Taylor, L. W., Campbell, B. I., Kerksick, C., Rasmussen, C. J., Greenwood, M., & Kreider, R. B. (2006). Effects of methoxyisoflavone, ecdysterone, and sulfo-polysaccharide supplementation on training adaptations in resistance-trained males. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 3(2), 1.
7. Timofeev, N. P. (2008). ECDYSTEROIDS: USAGE IN MEDICINE, SOURCES, AND BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY (REVIEW). Functional Foods for Chronic Diseases: Advances in the Development of Functional Foods, 171.
8. Parr, M.K., Botre, F., Nab, A., Hengevoss, J., Diel, P., & Wolber, G. (2015). Ecdysteroids: A novel class of anabolic agents. Biol Sport, 32(2), 169-173.
9. Hunyadi, A., Gergely, A., Simon, A., Tóth, G., Veress, G., & Báthori, M. (2007). Preparative-scale chromatography of ecdysteroids of Serratula wolffii Andrae. Journal of chromatographic science, 45(2), 76-86.
10. Gutierrez-Salmean, G., Ciaraldi, T. P., Nogueira, L., Barboza, J., Taub, P. R., Hogan, M. C., ... & Ramirez-Sanchez, I. (2014). Effects of (−)-epicatechin on molecular modulators of skeletal muscle growth and differentiation. The Journal of nutritional biochemistry, 25(1), 91-94.
11. Ramirez-Sanchez, I., Maya, L., Ceballos, G., & Villarreal, F. (2010). (−)-Epicatechin activation of endothelial cell endothelial nitric oxide synthase, nitric oxide, and related signaling pathways. Hypertension, 55(6), 1398-1405.
12. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014 Mar 6. pii: S0378-8741(14)00176-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2014.02.050.
13. Kimura, Y., & Sumiyoshi, M. (2012). Effects of an Atractylodes lancea rhizome extract and a volatile component β-eudesmol on gastrointestinal motility in mice. Journal of ethnopharmacology, 141(1), 530-536.
14. Fujitsuka, N., Asakawa, A., Uezono, Y., Minami, K., Yamaguchi, T., Niijima, A., ... & Hattori, T. (2011). Potentiation of ghrelin signaling attenuates cancer anorexia–cachexia and prolongs survival. Translational psychiatry, 1(7), e23.
15. Krug, S. M., Amasheh, M., Dittmann, I., Christoffel, I., Fromm, M., & Amasheh, S. (2013). Sodium caprate as an enhancer of macromolecule permeation across tricellular tight junctions of intestinal cells. Biomaterials, 34(1), 275-282.
16. Anderberg, E.K., Lindmark, T. & Artursson, P. Pharm Res (1993) 10: 857. doi:10.1023/A:1018909210879
17. Atal, C. K., Dubey, R. K., & Singh, J. (1985). Biochemical basis of enhanced drug bioavailability by piperine: evidence that piperine is a potent inhibitor of drug metabolism. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 232(1), 258-262.
18. Shoba, G., Joy, D., Joseph, T., Majeed, M., Rajendran, R., & Srinivas, P. S. S. R. (1998). Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta medica, 64(04), 353-356.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting, gonna have to try this after I finish up Anabeta Elite.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I'm a rep, but I'm very excited for this. I really enjoyed my beta-log of it, which was only 4 weeks, and I gained some solid weight; I can't wait to see what 8 weeks will do. It's right up there with the best supplements for appetite I've used as well.

sespress

Awards
Next time I'm trying to bulk I will definitely check it out. I'm a fan of some of the other products (Alphamax / OxyMax) from them so I expect good things.

Currently cutting weight though so increased appetite might not be for me at the moment ?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Next time I'm trying to bulk I will definitely check it out. I'm a fan of some of the other products (Alphamax / OxyMax) from them so I expect good things.

Currently cutting weight though so increased appetite might not be for me at the moment ?
That was me during intial testing. I had just started running other products, and didn't want to skew the test. Then everyone had these great gains from it and I felt left out lmao. Classic FOMO syndrome.

sespress

Awards
That was me during intial testing. I had just started running other products, and didn't want to skew the test. Then everyone had these great gains from it and I felt left out lmao. Classic FOMO syndrome.
Yeah if you toss like 5 products in you'll have no idea what works. Guilty of that at first, then I dropped everything and added stuff back a week or two weeks in-between. Still that is not a scientific method at all, lol. Regardless I think the manufacturer makes a quality product and that's enough for me to test it out.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Subbed when will a label be produced? Also interested in price and I might just suck it up during a cut and run this haha nothing a little EC cant control. Always wanted to try an ecdy product

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am buying spinach leaf extract 20:1 which equals to about 45mg of ecdysone so I would have to have 7 caps of spinach leaf a day. See if this works.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figuring out how to implement this product into my routine....ecdysterone is good stuff.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Classic performax... can't wait for this. Never used ecdysterone before.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am buying spinach leaf extract 20:1 which equals to about 45mg of ecdysone so I would have to have 7 caps of spinach leaf a day. See if this works.
MassMax XT also has absorption enhancers, and isn't ONLY an ecdy product. Out of curiosity, how much are you paying per month for those 7 caps/day, and is it standardized at all, or just a 20:1 ratio extract?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not standardized but the price for 60 caps is only 9 bucks and you get free shipping. I will buy a 2 month supply and see if I get YUUUGE.

I got 10% off the 9 per bottle and free ship now woo hoo.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The huge difference is the source of the Ecdy, RCE is far superior to Cynotis Vaga because of the spectrum of ecdysteroids present in each plant and the other constituents found in RCE like nitrogen-bearing alkaloids, larger triterpenes, etc

Not only that but the studies clearly indicate a full spectrum of ecdysteroids from RCE is far superior to anyone ecdysteroid. Lastly, a huge improvement from the past is the increased intestinal permeation of ecdy from the inclusion of Sodium Caprate. Ecdysterone is very soluble but very poor intestinal permeation which results in poor performance of the compound. For it to really be effective it needs enhanced intestinal permeation

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this. I may have to get this and log it when it comes out. Real nice profile and I've liked epicatechin every time I've tried it.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Called performaxlabs and they said massmax would be available end of this month so I cancelled my spinach leaf order.

Ag99

Awards
I know I'm a rep, but I'm very excited for this. I really enjoyed my beta-log of it, which was only 4 weeks, and I gained some solid weight; I can't wait to see what 8 weeks will do. It's right up there with the best supplements for appetite I've used as well.
What other effects did you notice besides weight gain?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What other effects did you notice besides weight gain?
From my beta log:
Log Summary and Final Thoughts

I was very pleased with this 30 day run. Here's a breakdown/review of my thoughts on the natural anabolic:

Appetite
After about 2 weeks, my appetite really increased. I was always hungry, could eat a ton at one meal and not feel bad/full, and want to eat again just an hour or two later (see weight below).
Rating: 10/10

Weight
My scale weight increased by about 7 lbs over the 4 weeks, with much of the weight coming in the third week, which makes sense, since that was when my appetite really started to increase. 7lbs in a month is great in my book!
Rating: 10/10

Vascularity
Pretty early on, within a few days, I noticed increased vascularity (some on the inside of my biceps, some on my Delts and chest, and more pronounced vascularity on my outer biceps). This vascularity was present not only during/after workouts, but even when I just picked something up, moved around a little, or even positioned my arms in a certain way. It didn't give my crazy huge veins immediately like taking a dedicated pump pre-workout and hitting arms would, but vascularity was definitely increased throughout the day.
Rating: 8/10

Strength
I gauged my strength progression mostly on barbell incline press, and I made some very good progress. My most recent chest workout I hit 205x8, up from 205x5 at the beginning of the cycle, and 195x8 a bit into the cycle. Also from 185x9 to 185x14. I've been able to either add weight for the same amount of reps, or the same weight for more reps throughout this cycle. Very nice strength progression IMO.
Rating: 9/10

Endurance
As seen above, I made some very nice progress in the mid to high rep ranges 185x9 to 185x14 on incline bench for example. I also did a lot of supersets, and found I didn't get quite as winded as normal between/during supersets, and often even cut rest periods short of my standard 1 minute. I didn't do much cardio during this log, but when I did, I didn't feel too winded, perhaps a little easier than normal, but I didn't do all that much to gauge that in particular.
Rating: 8/10

Overall Rating: 9/10

I am very pleased with this log and the natural anabolic. Strength and weight both increased very nicely, as did appetite and vascularity, and even endurance. I'd really like to use this again, preferably for 8 weeks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have antaeus labs Titan on the way, can I use Titan and MassMax at the same time or try both separately.
Since you haven't tried either of them alone, I'd run them separately. Both of them are pretty promising, and should deliver good results alone. They would make one hell of a stack together though, haha.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since you haven't tried either of them alone, I'd run them separately. Both of them are pretty promising, and should deliver good results alone. They would make one hell of a stack together though, haha.
Found this on ebay, Barlowe's Herbal Elixirs 4:1 Maral Extract. Maral (Rhaponticum Carthamoides) 500mg per capsule. Is this dosage safe and is this sorta close to MassMax or do I need all the other ingredients in MassMax.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found this on ebay, Barlowe's Herbal Elixirs 4:1 Maral Extract. Maral (Rhaponticum Carthamoides) 500mg per capsule. Is this dosage safe and is this sorta close to MassMax or do I need all the other ingredients in MassMax.
4:1 RCE ? I personaly would stay away ! Plant containing ecdysteroids should be standardized for for ecdysteroids and not those stupid numbers such as 10:1,20:1 etc

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have two more months on my bulk this would be great addition.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering why there are so many people who are looking for free product in a writeup thread, then I realized this was in company promotions....haha.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Damn, this stuff makes me want to get back on the boards more!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Price point? May be difficult to get into Australia, Ecdy is banned here.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get my two bottles tomorrow around noon. Christmas has come early.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not standardized but the price for 60 caps is only 9 bucks and you get free shipping. I will buy a 2 month supply and see if I get YUUUGE.

I got 10% off the 9 per bottle and free ship now woo hoo.
LOL honestly, why would you post about buying standalone ingredients based on reading a write up for a new product a company is releasing.. Do you think anyone at Performax would appreciate it... smh

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL honestly, why would you post about buying standalone ingredients based on reading a write up for a new product a company is releasing.. Do you think anyone at Performax would appreciate it... smh
This. Extremely uncool. This is about a new product not how to use their ingredients and make your own. Take it somewhere else.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was trying to find something similar to buy right away instead of waiting for mass max to come out. No intention to discredit Performax.