Marijuana and Bodybuilding

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Get a Volcano, its the best but expensive. I don't like the wood vaporizers withthe tubes that plug in.

I personally have set all my personal records under the influence even though I probably smoke less than a third of the time before I lift.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
hey planet fuzz i was thinkin of gettin a vapo but what is the best brand??? i heard some of em are terrible
I used to have a vapolution. It's the best hands down. Yea,you can get a volcano if you feel like spending well over 500 dollars. The vapolution is 150 from the website. It has a car charger and it has tubes and you can get lots of different accessories for it too. The big difference between the vapolution and another vape around the same price is: 1.)There is not a fan so it is totally quiet 2.) It is all glass so you get excellent flavor and nothing else and 3.) It is built like a tank. You'd probably have to take a sledge hammer to it to break it.

I miss mine. I will get another one eventually but I just can't afford to be spending money on weed right now. The best thing about it was the car charger.:thumbsup:

fbd21 is right too. When I used to smoke daily I would go through an eighth a week. When I got the vaporizer I went through half an eighth in two weeks. When you smoke it you get about 30 percent of the THC,when you eat it you get about 70,and when you vape it you get around 90 percent.

I second that though. Everything can be good and bad. If you sit around your house all day and smoke weed and it prevents you from getting things done,that's bad. If you can do it responsibly,it's fine. I don't do it anymore though because I am trying to gain weight and it really messes with my appetite. I'll think I'm hungry and eat a whole meal and then feel like crap. haha

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
an 1/8th a week!?!? when i blazed regularly, an 1/8 lasted me like 3 days!!!! :lol: blunts require more though, so that's my excuse :)

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
an 1/8th a week!?!? when i blazed regularly, an 1/8 lasted me like 3 days!!!! :lol: blunts require more though, so that's my excuse :)
Well I would usually only smoke 1-2 times a day and I always used a bong. There is nothing like a good bong rip.:thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of my best workouts ever I was stoned...:)

fbd21

fbd21

Awards
Get a Volcano, its the best but expensive. I don't like the wood vaporizers withthe tubes that plug in.

I personally have set all my personal records under the influence even though I probably smoke less than a third of the time before I lift.

my vap has no wood its hard plastic, then you plug in a tube withh the glass tip on the end.

blunts are great but expensive. i used to smoke easily an eighth a day before i cut back.. they just arent very efficient.

cooking with it is great too but its pretty expensive to make cannabutter. i know a recipe for a chai tea, you only need 1g, some milk, butter, and a chai tea bag(optional) and you're good for at least 6 hours. very cost effective and easy to make and choke down!

good way to start up that appetite :food:

ABiLiTY

ABiLiTY

Awards
  • Established
can't beat a roor.
had one in college...sh*t was a problem.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
roor is like the lexus of bongs... i had one in college but got into some trouble.. had to throw everything away when i moved back home.

knasty

Awards
wooooot just ordered a vapolution i dunno how to use one though can someone help me out or is it pretty simple?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
My $.02. Vaporizers suck. I have smoked my fair share of them, and I don't care what anyone says, the high is NOT the same. If I wanna smoke, I wanna smoke. I wanna inhale smoke, and I wanna blow out smoke. "Vapor" just doesn't cut it for me. If you wanna get proper STONED, you simply cannot beat the effects of a nice bong. Joints are cool, and I used to love blunts back when I was younger and smoked cigs, but now they are just waaaaay too harsh for me. Bowls & chillums are great on the go, and my preferred method when I'm on the move simply cuz I don't like walking around smelling like I just left a Cypress Hill concert. But if I'm relaxing and just wanna chill... Bong hit FTW, all the way.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
yaa.. Very nice... And u keep it clean! Extra nice

fbd21

fbd21

Awards
wooooot just ordered a vapolution i dunno how to use one though can someone help me out or is it pretty simple?
1. All Vapolution bowls are dimpled about 1 inch from the end. The dimple acts like a screen. The end closest to the dimple is where you load your herb. Insert the end AWAY from the dimple into the tube.

2. Slip the white retaining washer over the straight bowl. Slide it up until it touches the tube.

3. insert the bowl into the top of the vaporizer. The bowl will stop when it touches the bottom of the heater. Position the washer so it prevents the bowl from touching the bottom of the heater.

3. Plug in the vaporizer.

4. Flip the switch up to turn the vaporizer on. The switch will light up when the vaporizer is on.

5. The lowest temperature setting on the vaporizer is at 6 o'clock. The highest setting is at 4 o'clock. to vape right away put it to the highest setting. After 5 minutes of pre-heating, turn the vaporizer down to your preferred setting. 12 o'clock is your best bet. The Vapolution Vaporizer is designed to run for up to 8 hours continuously without overheating or burning out.

6. Loading the bowl corretly is the most important step. DO NOT grind your weed. Break off 1-3 small nugs. Maybe break em up just a bit. shape the nugs and squeeze em together so they sort of hold together in one. insert it into the bowl. make sure its not over-packed and the air can pass though easily. Good airflow is important! if its too packed it'll be exhausting trying to inhale it. If you load it too loose, it will fall out.

7. Place the loaded bowl into the top of the pre-heated vaporizer. Drag it nice and slow for a good hit. Draw until you are out of breath. Hold it in and then exhale. You will see visible vapor.

8. The bud will turn light to dark brown when its done.. Vaporizing it at too high of a temp will turn it black and itll taste like sh--. General rule of thumb is 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock on the dial.

9. to clear the bowl just blow through the tube. careful, the bowl might be hot

:thumbsup:

fbd21

fbd21

Awards
My $.02. Vaporizers suck. I have smoked my fair share of them, and I don't care what anyone says, the high is NOT the same. If I wanna smoke, I wanna smoke. I wanna inhale smoke, and I wanna blow out smoke. "Vapor" just doesn't cut it for me. If you wanna get proper STONED, you simply cannot beat the effects of a nice bong. Joints are cool, and I used to love blunts back when I was younger and smoked cigs, but now they are just waaaaay too harsh for me. Bowls & chillums are great on the go, and my preferred method when I'm on the move simply cuz I don't like walking around smelling like I just left a Cypress Hill concert. But if I'm relaxing and just wanna chill... Bong hit FTW, all the way.

aint nothin like a bong. especially a bong like that i bet it rips beautifully.. how much did that run you if you dont mind me asking?

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I use V Tower, it is cheap(think I paid ~$55) and works well. Just need to dial in the temp.

URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxQU_6KMr08"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxQU_6KMr08[/URL]

fbd21

fbd21

Awards
you can get a bong like that online at a lot of websites or you can just go to a smoke shop..

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established

Nice man.... that exact bong is sold down the street from me at some no-name smoke shop with no-name pipes. It sold for 40 bucks. Included was also an ash-catcher bowl and perculated downstem. The tripple perculated palm tree in the center makes it rip so soooo smooth. I remember it hit just as good as my tripple perc PH(x) back in the day.

I feel what your saying though.... smoking a vape is definately not the same high AT ALL then straight smoking. However! If the people in here want to be health conscious while doing drugs (sounds funny to me) then by all means go for the vape. Just make sure not to burn ur herb with too hot of a temp cause then you might as well be smoking except it will taste alot worse.

The volcano got me waaaaay to ****ed up. Ill stick to blunts sir.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say they suck. It is a different high but you are certainly still high. For me personally,when I had my vape,I was saving money and my lungs and that felt great. I think one of the best things about the vape is that there is no smell. I used to vape before work and I would have no worries at all about my managers smelling it on me. I personally preferred smoking the vaporizer but some of my other friends hated it and some loved it. There is nothing like a quality bong though.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow, i just stumbled upon this thread

i didnt know so many people on here toked

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anyone enjoy the enchanced muscle mind connection when taking some hits of vaporizer then heading to the gym?

its great but theres no real performance benefit.

I like the estrogen pump i get though.

Thats the only negative of this stuff, the increased estro.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Toking has so many good uses, the only think bad I think is kids get into it and they smoke ALL the time and never do anything, I smoke on occasion, usually most weekends, and don't see any negative effects (except maybe dirty pee if someone asks).
It is ALCOHOL that is the killer.
Legalize IT and collect taxes.
norml dot org
Help us with this problem.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
anyone enjoy the enchanced muscle mind connection when taking some hits of vaporizer then heading to the gym?

its great but theres no real performance benefit.

I like the estrogen pump i get though.

Thats the only negative of this stuff, the increased estro.
Whether Marijuana increases estrogen is still a gray area. If you google it you'll find 100 studies saying it does and then there are 100 studies saying it doesn't.

My view on it is that IF it does it's such a small amount that if it does it's wont really matter. I don't think it does though.

I have thought about smoking before the gym before but I just don't know about that...I like saving it for after when I need to eat a BIG meal.:food:

Toking has so many good uses, the only think bad I think is kids get into it and they smoke ALL the time and never do anything, I smoke on occasion, usually most weekends, and don't see any negative effects (except maybe dirty pee if someone asks).
It is ALCOHOL that is the killer.
Legalize IT and collect taxes.
norml dot org
Help us with this problem.
Too much of anything is bad. I smoke like most people drink. I do it socially a couple times a week. Alcohol is the killer. Why alcohol is legal and weed isn't is beyond me. Norml is awesome.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Yes It will help you to consume lots of food. I used to get these uncontrollable munchies, I was never satisfied, I would eat till I couldn't get down another bite. Then ten minute later eat a whole pizza. You know those kind of munchies. Actually the only time mine a "cured" is when I'm on a strict diet plan and the urge to not deviate is greater than the urge to taste all that delicious food.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I dont see how it could be anything but detrimental to a physically active lifestyle. Not to mention, think about what you scrape out of your pipe, thats going into your lungs. Im not here to say I know its real effects but biased studies, not only done by the government but by the pro-marijuana lobbies cant be taken too seriously IMHO. You ought to see the ones industries like Tobacco do. As 'Thank You For Smoking' puts it, "[The Tobacco Scientist] could disprove gravity." I personally believe its just justifying a personal vice by any means necessary. How many would be sticking up for MJ if it didnt get you high?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whether Marijuana increases estrogen is still a gray area. If you google it you'll find 100 studies saying it does and then there are 100 studies saying it doesn't.
theres no studies that prove it

but whenever i get high, my boobs get puffy, i also get a sort of pump, to me it seems like an estro pump. At least for me specifically it increases estrogen, probally not for everyone.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have thought about smoking before the gym before but I just don't know about that...I like saving it for after when I need to eat a BIG meal.:food:
thats one of the negatives for me, cause i eat healthy normally, but i get craving for junk food mainly.

I have gone the gym blitzed probally like 5 times on different levels of high, and its definately fun, i also kind of get a better pump, and the mind-muscle connection is awesome. Obvisouly i could see how this could be hard to do for some, but if u get an energy type breed, you can do it. Plus, probally not really healthy i took it with a pre-workout drink , and that works pretty well.

I dont do it anymore, but its worth the experience.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I dont see how it could be anything but detrimental to a physically active lifestyle. Not to mention, think about what you scrape out of your pipe, thats going into your lungs.
I don't see how drinking could be anything but detrimental but people still do it. In my opinion smoking is certainly the lesser evil so that is what I choose to do. I find that when I do it in moderation the benefits out weigh any negative side effects.

Ever heard of a vaporizer?

theres no studies that prove it

but whenever i get high, my boobs get puffy, i also get a sort of pump, to me it seems like an estro pump. At least for me specifically it increases estrogen, probally not for everyone.
You probably get a pump because weed is a vasodilator. That's why your eyes get red.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I don't see how drinking could be anything but detrimental but people still do it. In my opinion smoking is certainly the lesser evil so that is what I choose to do. I find that when I do it in moderation the benefits out weigh any negative side effects.

Ever heard of a vaporizer?
Yes, I have. I have probably partied harder than you ever have as well, so dont think Im an altar boy who lifts between services. Bringing alcohol into the discussion is stupid. Its not relevant to this. The whole, everyone does it thing means nothing. Just because one certain method avoids tar, doesnt make the substance a-ok then. I really think you really need to only hold off if you are a professional athlete or something along those lines. If you lift alot, eat a more than usual, take a few supplements, it probably wont change a lot. There is a difference between lifting and training. Im not pretending to know but in reality, only researchers who get an independently funded paycheck know at this point. All Im saying is, I dont see how it could do anything but hurt your training. Also, the keyword is moderation. Something that alters your mind is a little tougher than say candy or bad foods to use in moderation.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From a former IFBB Pro,

"One thing I know for sure is that it definitely helps to increase your appetite. Everyone knows that the difference between a 300 lb. bodybuilder and a 250 lb. bodybuilder all things being equal is the amount of calories they intake. So, if weed makes you eat like a horse then I don't see ay reason why you shouldn't use it as an aid for calorie consumption. Now, as far as the adverse effects from smoking weed; the only thing I know for a fact is that it raises your estrogen levels but I don't necessarily know that estrogen being raised is a bad thing. Also, as long as it doesn't make you lazy to the point that it affects you from being a productive person, then smoke away. Personally I don't smoke weed because it makes me extremely lazy."

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Crude marijuana extract competed with estradiol for binding to the estrogen receptor of rat uterine cytosol. Condensed marijuana smoke also competed with estradiol for its receptor. Pure delta 9- tetrahydrocannabinol, however, did not interact with the estrogen receptor. Ten delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol metabolites also failed to compete with estradiol for its receptor. Of several other common cannabinoids tested, only cannabidiol showed any estrogen receptor binding. This was evident only at very high concentrations of cannabidiol. Apigenin, the aglycone of a flavinoid phytoestrogen found in cannabis, displayed high affinity for the estrogen receptor. To assess the biological significance of these receptor data, estrogen activity was measured in vivo with the uterine growth bioassay, using immature rats. Cannabis extract in large doses exhibited neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects. Thus, although estrogen receptor binding activity was observed in crude marijuana extract, marijuana smoke condensate and several known components of cannabis, direct estrogenic activity of cannabis extract could not be demonstrated in vivo.
MA Sauer, SM Rifka, RL Hawks, GB Cutler and DL Loriaux "

This makes some sense to me, not all MJ will increase estrogen levels. If you took pure THC there would be no estogen. In most studies i think they use pure THC, which would explain no estrogenic effect.

So Apigenin and other phytoestrogen in marijuanna, that have no pyschotropics effects, are probally the cause of increased estrogen.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What happens is there is no regulation in MJ crops because of our corrupt government.

So you cant really kthe different amounts of cannibinoids in the herb.

If you live in california, its easier, because it can be used for medicinal purposes and they have different types.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You couldnt pay me anything short of 700,000 annually to live in California. And are you talking to yourself? Youve managed to post random points for about 4 or 5 posts in a row now. In the end, its just looking for anything to justify a vice. I dont think marijuana is the top of the top when it comes to boosting appetite.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Given this information, providing you have a good strain of herb, i believe in fact, marijuanna can be an indirectly anabolic substance.

Reasoning:
Food consumption
Better Rest
Improved Muscle-mind connection

Disadvatages:
Mainly arise only in moderate to extreme use

Laziness(depends on amounts)

Ocassionaly Paranoia if used in extreme amounts

Habituation/Mental Addiction(ie no crazy withdrawel symptoms)

Slows short-term memory during and day after usage, but no long term memory damage at all.

Quite contrary, i belive there are studies or studies being done for alzheimer's patient(look at this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4286435.stm)

Other than these side effects, there is no real danger that has been proven in any study.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You couldnt pay me anything short of 700,000 annually to live in California. And are you talking to yourself? Youve managed to post random points for about 4 or 5 posts in a row now. In the end, its just looking for anything to justify a vice. I dont think marijuana is the top of the top when it comes to boosting appetite.
It actually is...

Why would cancer patients be prescribed Marijuanna for appetite, if there was something better. Marijuanna is actually leagues above any other prescription medication.

but i dont really want to argue with you, im posting this, as an information resource, so when someone, like myself, looks this up, they can get some good real information on the subject.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Justify away dude, I wont tell you not to. I dont know enough one way or the other.

This "real information" is coming from the marijuana lobby's side of the aisle. Anything you disagree with you're dismissing, while anything you agree with is "real info."

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Justify away dude, I wont tell you not to. I dont know enough one way or the other.

This "real information" is coming from the marijuana lobby's side of the aisle. Anything you disagree with you're dismissing, while anything you agree with is "real info."
post sources of your info then, ill be happy that youll realize you cant find barely anything that says the herb is dangerous.

By the way, i just wanted to post, i am not at all in anyway a user of marijuanna, these comments are for research only.

I havent used the substance in over 3 months.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
post sources of your info then, ill be happy that youll realize you cant find barely anything that says the herb is dangerous.

By the way, i just wanted to post, i am not at all in anyway a user of marijuanna, these comments are for research only.

I havent used the substance in over 3 months.
Yeah...contradiction thar. Im not going to post sources, I have pretty much outrightly said I dont know one way or the other but all it is is people justifying a personal vice. Looking for anything that will make it ok.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah...contradiction thar. Im not going to post sources, I have pretty much outrightly said I dont know one way or the other but all it is is people justifying a personal vice. Looking for anything that will make it ok.
Im not trying to put rose petal on marijuana usage.

I just want put out a few tidbit of information about bodybuilding and marijuanna, which is what this threads about.

Im actually doing a service to the anabolic minds community.
This whole organization is about getting people's own experiences plus posting of reliable resources to get information that not readily available on google.

Steriods are good for you according to some, and there are many threads about that on this forum. That stuff is illegal too.

This is the only thread about Marijuana and Bodybuilding at anabolic minds,

So when someone searches marijuanna on anabolicminds.com, they will stumble onto this thread, which is what happened to me.

so when someone else comes to this thread, theyll have a little bit more information on the subject to read, than when i viewed the thread.

I appreciate your willingness to understand dear friend

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
TexasTitan is just upset because hes not tall enough to reach the cookie jar:lol:

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
TexasTitan is just upset because hes not tall enough to reach the cookie jar:lol:
I think youre just upset you barely got out of high school, are now 23, work a dead end construction job, and type like a 3rd grader. Quit leaving me bad reputation like I actually care.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I think youre just upset you barely got out of high school, are now 23, work a dead end construction job, and type like a 3rd grader. Quit leaving me bad reputation like I actually care.
I guess hes got some sand in his vagina also

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Yes I have, but this is much more fun:thumbsup:
Seems like you live your life that way. When youre struggling to retire in your 60s, let me know how that worked out for you.