Making sure I'm doing it all right...

fishone1

Awards
Alright So I know this site is for hardcore BB's and all. And I'm not one I'm like a pudgy soft and fugly one, but I want to be...eventually.

I'm a male 23, 290lbs, 6ft4', and really fat. for the past ten weeks I've been dieting, my maitenace calories is supposedly almost 4400 calories a day. I eat four times a day... averaging 400-500 calories a meal. working out to be about a 60-30-10 pro/carb/fat diet. often times at least 2 of my meals a day include a mix of optimum nutritions whey, casien, or nitrocore mix, and oats mixed in after the gym, sometimes three a day. Thats 2400 calories short a day. And I'm not that hungry really,and at night I also do a cup of ff cottage cheese an hour before bed.

every morning 5 days a week I get up and do fasted cardio for 20-30mins then lift for 30-40 mins. Since I started my diet I've literally tripled the amounts I can lift at the gym squats/deadlifts/and back, but yet I've only lost ten pounds. Ten weeks ago I started my diet at 300 lbs and now I'm only down to 290.

6 weeks ago I wanted better results and started using USPlabs products I'm using everything but pslin and supercrissis, The strength gains and recovery are great...but wheres the fat loss???

Granted I love the gains I'm getting in the gym... But I've only lost 3inches from my waist and 3%bf, thats with my 2400 under matience diet a day...I mean how could I actually get my maitenance calories any day anyways 4400 :dunno:

And I'm not gonna stop going to the gym I love going its great... but the results (in the mirror) aren't coming really at all. sure I can now push 260 on my squats at 5x6reps...Which aint half as much as I want in the long run. but where are the results(the mirror). I look the frickin same?

btw fasted workouts are done after taking all my supp's then jack'd DominATP and 30g BCAA's then another 10g after w/o. I use a mix of xtend and purplewraath.

So What can I do What can I do to see the difference? Anyone and all input would be awesome!!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks ago I wanted better results and started using USPlabs products...I've only lost 3inches from my waist and 3%bf
That sounds pretty damn good for 6 weeks man, don't get discouraged. You're probably recomping hard if the strength is going up.

Also, 10lb in 10 weeks is a very controlled/permanent route to weight loss.

Welcome to the board, there are a lot of people here that started out in similar situations as you. It's much easier once you have a support group encouraging your progress and the folks on AM are great for that.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Whats a support group
Just people on here that you can talk to about your diet/training and who can give you their two cents on the matter.

Personally, I'd lift for 30-40 minutes prior to the 20-30 minutes of cardio.

That's great that you're already squatting 260 for reps of 6. Maybe in the near future you can work at doing higher reps, lower weight and shorter rests in between sets.

If you're working with a personal trainer, they probably know more about you and can make better decisions on your training.

Keep at it man, if you think you're calories are a bit low, which they may be, you could add another 200-300/day and see if that helps with the weight loss. I know that if I eat to little, my body refuses to give up a single pound.

Draikaiden

Awards
Sounds like you are doing good. Don't forget that you are most likely also building muscle so the scale is not a good indicator. Don't get discouraged, results will come. But it takes time and commitment. You don't become over weight over night and you can't work it off over night either. Just keep learning all you can on weight training, cardio and nutrition. Huge strength increases and 10 pounds in 6 weeks; think of where you will be in anouther 6 weeks!
Also agree with silentbob do your weights first then cardio for fat loss. You will burn up your muscle glucose stores during your weight session allowing for greater fat burning during your cardio session.