ma70's EvoMuse KetoInduce+Defuse Log

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright folks. I'm pretty thankful that dsade provided me with a free jar of KetoInduce and free bottle of Defuse to try his new protocol out. For about 2-3 weeks, for once in 2-3 years I've fallen off the wagon in both dieting (moderate protein/high carb/high fat diet, LOL) and training (low workout intensity) and I'm ready to get back into it. Having a girlfriend who is a foodie really distracts me in regards to both training/diet, but that'll change with this log.

Current Stats:
Height: 5'11.5
Weight: 207 (morning/"dry" weight, with maybe some water/glycogen retention)

Starting Pics:
Attached below. Relaxed in both pics, after a full day's meals of food, water retention, and my typical bad bathroom lighting, taken right before my first dosage of KetoInduce.

Goals: Cut
I'm going to be eating at maintenance calories, but my calorie deficit will come from the cardio I am doing. I'm in the midst of prepping for an obstacle course so dropping weight/fat is important for this, as well as getting/keeping my cardiovascular endurance. I'll be doing a 3 day 5/3/1 full body template with cardio on most days that I'm off.

Diet:
Maintenance Calories ~2600-2800 (this is estimated because this is my usual maintenance when I do my 3 Day Full Body Program)
Intermittent Fasting: 12 Hour Style (5AM to 5PM)

Usually consists of chicken breast/broccoli/white rice, with the occasional lean steak/burgers, protein shakes, and protein bars. My protein is usually 0.8-1g protein per pound BW, around 0.4g fat per pound BW, and I fill in the rest with carbs.

The "Stack":
EvoMuse KetoInduce
EvoMuse Defuse
EvoMuse Gut Health
Meriva Curcumin
SNS Leucine (taken pre-workout only)
SNS Caffeine (200mg taken in the morning/pre-workout)
Fish Oil (3g daily)
Vitamin D3+K2 (2000IU D3, 90mcg K2)
2 Caps ZMA + 200mg L-Theanine + 500mg Relora + 200mg 5HTP Pre-Bed

I will not be taking my usual pre-workout, or my intra carbs with this. If any of these should be removed from the stack, let me know. I don't think they'll have reactions with KI+Defuse, but let me know if they're not allowed. The sleep stack really, really has helped me with my random wakings during the middle of the night so I really want to keep it, but if it's not allowed, I understand.

The "Defuse" Dosing Guide
50-75 grams of carbs - 1 capsule
75-125g of carbs - 2 caps
125-175 grams of carbs - 3 caps
>175 grams - full 4 cap serving
With this in mind, my usual caloric intake during the day will lead me to do the following:
2 Caps 1st Meal (post-workout)
~80g Protein, ~90g Carb, ~14-18g Fat
2 Caps 2nd Meal
~60-80g Protein, ~90-115g Carb, ~14-21g Fat
0 Caps 3rd Meal (this meal particularly only has 24g of Carbs in it, unless dsade wants me to also use Defuse for this too)
~40-50g Protein, ~25g Carb, ~35g Fat

I will be keeping track of how I feel, look, and performance during workouts. The workout logs will be vague as I think this is mostly to determine body comp changes and the like.

Let the log begin! First dose is tonight.

Attachments

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
In.:) Can't wait to get my goodies.:)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sub10% on the way

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright. 7 PM was when I last ingested some carbs and I've just finished my first dosage of KI (at 9PM). One heaping scoop in 12 oz water, and honestly, you can barely taste it. I was sort of afraid of how it might taste, but it's easily downable. Drank KetoInduce with my sleep stack (Relora/L-Theanine/ZMA/5-HTP) and I'm heading to bed now. Working out tomorrow morning!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok initial comments. I woke up in the middle of the night after 3 hours of sleep (very rare ever since I've been on this sleep stack) and it was to pee....also, I felt "different". I felt as if I had very good focus even though normally on this sleep stack I'd be groggy and be able to instantly go back to sleep. Not really jumping to conclusions, but the only thing that has changed is adding KI. But we'll see as time goes on. I crushed my workout this morning. Not sure if it's the "deload" from being lazy for the past 2-3 weeks, or the fact that I'm more motivated, but it went very well.

Today's workout:
Bench Press 5's (65/75/85%)
Front Squat 3x3 (using 5's percentages. it's like this because I'll be Front Squatting again later in the week using the 5/3/1 format)
Row 3x5 (deadstop/Pendlay)
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x12

Completed in 40 minutes, and I felt very, very strong and clear headed. Maybe the ketosis/low carb guys can tell me if this is because of KI or not, cause I've never done a low carb diet (at least intentionally, and for long. I love carbs). The weird phenomenon for me is it's hard for me to gain weight (or fat off of carbs), but hard for me to lose weight too. I mean, for 2-3 weeks I was on a high fat/high carb diet and I didn't COMPLETELY blow up, but I really, really suck at cutting. I've been essentially on a recomp for years now. Anyways, just rambling on here. I'll probably do some running later at lunchtime just to get my cardio in.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have felt that "focus" that you speak of. And I have taken KI just for the past 4 days.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My sleep schedule and night-peeing has been the same as what you described this far.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have felt that "focus" that you speak of. And I have taken KI just for the past 4 days.
Yeah, it's weird. I just feel clear headed....and being poetic...I'll dare say I feel like I have extra clarity of mind, haha.

Also, more notes. My body temperature is elevated....running pretty hot. This was after my post workout meal combined with 2 caps Defuse.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had GREAT sleep last night. Unlike the first day, I didn't get up to pee and I woke up feeling refreshed. I look a bit leaner now but that's probably because I've been peeing almost nonstop (not even a joke) so I lost a lot of water weight or something. Today's workout is a mix of cardio/abs.

3x6 Crunch
3x6 Reverse Crunch

Superset, 30 second rest between supersets, followed by

10 Mins Stationary Bike ~140 BPM

Repeat this "circuit" 3 times.

I do this to make cardio work more interesting, but there's a theory that it may help target fat down in the area due to increased bloodflow. Whether it works or not doesn't matter because it makes monotonous cardio more interesting, which is most important to me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you got some good sleep in, bro. I may actually start dosing my Sleephoria (I never have sleep issues, but I've just been more restless the last few nights).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you got some good sleep in, bro. I may actually start dosing my Sleephoria (I never have sleep issues, but I've just been more restless the last few nights).
Agreed. Ever since starting KI, sleep quality/duration has been worse/shorter, as you might be able to tell now because I'm awake at 3AM (which is much, much earlier than I'm used to waking up). I'll be working out shortly and posting up how I feel during that workout.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, today's workout went okay. A couple of days of low calories usually has me feeling useless and all, but I'm still doing fine. Logging motivation kicking in! Anyways, performed today's lifts without too much trouble. Explosiveness (bar speed) isn't the same but I can tell my strength is still there.

Press 3x5 (5's)
Deadlift 3x3 (5's)
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

Scale weight is slightly down (0.8 lbs), but my muscles seem full (in the mirror) which is weird because I've been peeing like crazy which makes me assume I'm losing glycogen/water weight, yet I'm not? Very strange stuff, or maybe my lack of ketosis knowledge/experience is causing me to be confused. I look leaner in the mirror though in the mid-section. Either way, I'm just going to stick to my cardio caloric deficit and ignore the scale weight for now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you say midsection, are you getting it all over? Initially 100% of my fat loss came from my forearms and sides.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you say midsection, are you getting it all over? Initially 100% of my fat loss came from my forearms and sides.
Yes, my mid section refers to both the ab area and the sides of the middle section. I mean, I thought I just lost water there or something and didn't look too much into it. Also, my arms/delts in particular looked more defined today, but I can't tell if it's just my gym lighting (which makes me look way better than my apartment lighting). I'll keep everyone posted throughout the log.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, my mid section refers to both the ab area and the sides of the middle section. I mean, I thought I just lost water there or something and didn't look too much into it. Also, my arms/delts in particular looked more defined today, but I can't tell if it's just my gym lighting (which makes me look way better than my apartment lighting). I'll keep everyone posted throughout the log.
Sounds good. I'm kinda jealous, but it's starting to make a difference in my ab area.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good. I'm kinda jealous, but it's starting to make a difference in my ab area.
I wonder if my super secret method of doing ab supersets followed by short bouts of cardio is making the difference!

Probably not, but it makes cardio interesting, LOL.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds interesting. Share it with the rest of the class.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds interesting. Share it with the rest of the class.
Haha, can't tell if this is sarcasm, but did some reading on the good old internet and apparently, doing ab supersets (crunches/reverse crunches) and then doing cardio seems to help "spot reduce" fat because it increases bloodflow to said area. Seemed even better to do fasted with the KetoInduce+Defuse protocol.

3x6 Crunch
3x6 Reverse Crunch

Superset, 30 second rest between supersets, followed by

10 Mins Stationary Bike ~140 BPM

Repeat this "circuit" 3 times.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
I'll never waste my time doing a crunch ever again. Only planks for me

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll waste plenty of time on crunch...

CAP'N Crunch

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i noted the exact same things as far as fullness and areas seeming more pumped even with what should ahve been depleting diet+workouts+water output.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sprinkle donut crunch or gtfo!
No! DON'T SAY THE WORD DONUT! Ahaahahaha. I'm a doughnut fiend.

i noted the exact same things as far as fullness and areas seeming more pumped even with what should ahve been depleting diet+workouts+water output.
Interesting. KetoInduce is voodoo magic.

I'll never waste my time doing a crunch ever again. Only planks for me
I mean, I'm only doing crunches/reverse crunches because it was the actual exercise stated to increase bloodflow to the area quickly. I do like RKC planks occasionally too.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, side note. I slept very well today. Sleep seems to becoming better and better, although this may be coincidence. I had a very vivid dream last night. Also, scale weight is down another 0.4 lbs (total of 1.2 lbs). Not looking too much into it though, just an observation.

Also, DOMS is apparent. This is obvious though because I'm not using my intra carbs anymore, and obviously in a caloric deficit. I miss my intra carbs!

Also, dsade, if I'm running 4 caps Defuse a day (as stated in original post, 2/2) how long should I be running this? Is it really okay to run 4 caps daily, for 30 days (or however long KI lasts?)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's workout is basically a repeat of Monday with the Bench Press/Front Squat reps/percentages switched.

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 3x5
Row 3x5
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x12

Good workout today. Completed in under 45 minutes, no grinders. I've decided I'm going to cut my calories by 300 daily to see how far I can push the fat loss. My deficit has mostly been through additional cardio, but now it'll be a combination of cardio + actual diet deficit. My total is down 1.2 lbs so far, but it's only day 5. Mirror results are good....my muscles look/feel feel, but my mid section looks leaner and I have more vascularity. We'll see as time goes on.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great initial thoughts and results!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, keeping track of weight, I'm down another 0.4 lbs which makes up for 1.6 lbs in 5 days (well, today is the start of the 6th day). This is mostly impressive to me because my calorie deficit goes something like this:

Day 1 - No calorie deficit
Day 2 - 300-500 Calorie Deficit (this was from the cardio)
Day 3 - No calorie deficit
Day 4 - 300-500 Calorie deficit (cardio)
Day 5 - 300 Calorie Deficit (this was yesterday, when I cut 300 calories out)

And we're at this point. So I'm just pointing out I haven't actually been "dieting" hard or anything like that and I've got decent weight loss already. I know weight shouldn't be the deciding factor, and usually isn't, but I'm combining this with the fact that I look somewhat full except in the mid-section area where I seem to have slightly leaned out. This is mostly a big thing for me because I've been eating the SAME things every day, so there's no variance in sodium intake, or things like that. Also at the beginning, I'm very sure I wasn't holding excess water cause I stopped cheating on my diet 2-3 days beforehand. Anyways, just logging my thoughts/observations because this supplement in particular is pretty confusing to me (as to how its effecting my weight, fat, etc) and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weighing in today....currently down another 3.6 lbs for a grand total of 5.2 lbs in 6 days. The interesting thing is, I think Defuse works better in a calorie deficit caused by activity/cardio rather than dieting (and I think this is because of it's proposed MOA of keeping fatty acids in the bloodstream to be burned before being stored). Of course, this is theory and I'm saying my thoughts because I'm dropping weight in a weird fashion while some other loggers aren't, but also cause that's the fun of experimenting with new supplements.

Nothing has changed feeling wise. Still peeing like crazy, having better sleep, and "clarity" type feelings during the time I wake up. Vascularity in forearms, leaning in mid section, and strange muscle fullness are some effects I'm also noticing. Haven't worked out since Friday, but my workouts are leading me to believe that my strength and muscle mass are retained. (my power production/explosiveness is intermittant, but my raw strength is still there on the my lifts based on RPE)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I honestly think you might be correct about the effects of exercise post defuse dosing... Case in point: yesterday I took my normal doses of defuse during the first meal of my refeed about 5pm. Ate roughly 1500+ cals by 7pm and then went for (what was supposed to a short 20min) a bike ride... Got lost and ended up over an hour. Came home and ate the rest of my cals but woke up this morning at exactly the same weight as yesterday even tho I had consumed almost 1000 more cals than any day for a week and had drank about 2x the water.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MY FAV ceral of all time!!!
I can't tell you how many times I've stood in front of this at the store, then decided against it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can't tell you how many times I've stood in front of this at the store, then decided against it.
GO TO THE STORE RIGHT THIS SECOND. YOUVE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE!!!

Seriously tho, it's everything you want in a donut cereal.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I honestly think you might be correct about the effects of exercise post defuse dosing... Case in point: yesterday I took my normal doses of defuse during the first meal of my refeed about 5pm. Ate roughly 1500+ cals by 7pm and then went for (what was supposed to a short 20min) a bike ride... Got lost and ended up over an hour. Came home and ate the rest of my cals but woke up this morning at exactly the same weight as yesterday even tho I had consumed almost 1000 more cals than any day for a week and had drank about 2x the water.
Yeah, I urge some people to try doing exercise after Defuse and see how it works out, unless there's more hidden Defuse MOAs, I'm pretty sure the "fatty acid in bloodstream for an extended time" thing is the main idea.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout today. I feel pretty strong even though I'm on a cut, which is a strange occurance to me.

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 3x3
Row 3x5
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x20

No other thoughts other than I'm liking the run so far. I will stop weighing myself daily and I'll just do it every few days just to keep things fresh and not too "micromanaged". My strength feels pretty damn good considering that I'm dropping weight fast. Something about KI is making me not feel like total garbage in the mornings and I like it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another cardio day today. Weight is steady (not dropping) but mirror results are looking better in my opinion. I had a REALLY good sleep last night, it was amazing. Maybe I'm just getting used to the whole mini-ketosis thing? Not much to comment on at this point. Same old effects persist.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My 2 hour boxing workout last night was effortless. Pure energy.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout today.

Overhead Press 3x3
Deadlift 3x3
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

So basically the most odd phenomenon is happening. My explosiveness on all of my lifts is pretty damn good except for the Deadlift. Although I still hammered out all of these sets easily, which is very surprising (my performance on a cut is usually abysmal. Also, my Sumo Deadlift off the floor is pretty weak). Very good sleep last night, and maybe after 30 minutes of waking up, I feel "in the zone" . Usually I woke up pretty groggy on this stuff, which means my sleep is definitely pretty deep.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you had a solid workout and feel in the zone, brother.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just woke up, and feeling pretty good. My weight is steady (I haven't dropped weight) but KetoInduce makes tracking weight a little weird to be honest. Gonna get my cardio in later, but I'm pretty happy with what's going on so far considering I'm not on a massive deficit.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok another good day of working out.

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 3x3
Row 3x5
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x20

Weight hasn't budged too much but I attribute that to my body getting used to the cardio and therefore, not burning as many calories or something along those lines. I'll increase the deficit today. The good thing about KetoInduce is that it allows me to feel more "normal" during this cut. Normally, even something as small as a 500 calorie deficit will throw my brain performance/workout performance down the drain. When I wake up in this "mini-ketosis" (I don't have strips, so I can't test it) I feel like I can still perform the movements with decent focus. This in turn, allows my mood to be better because I don't have to see my strength numbers plummet. Explosiveness is pretty good on my movements too, which is something I like to see.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting stuff. I cheated on my diet a bit yesterday because I was at my friend's engagement party.....and my weight this morning is the same. Definitely NOT what I was expecting when I was downing those cupcakes and sliders (estimated 500-1000 cal surplus over maintenance). Defuse is something magical, for sure.

Diet is back on point though. Weight is constant, but I still feel like there are slight changes day by day. I wish I could say things more definitively but honestly, weight tracking seems useless because there are days where my weight will spike up by 1-2 lbs but I'll look drier, etc.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The occasional surplus is a good thing when you're typically running in a deficit.

I've been running at a pretty major deficit most days because of how many extra cals I'm burning, so on Friday we hit the buffet for dinner and I maxed out. But I had only taken in 1k cals for the day prior to it and was around a 4k burn. So I ate far more than usual, but I actually may have still been under.

Anyway, since I keep things in check all the time, those meals are helpful to keep from growing too used to the diet, IMO (at least in my own personal experience).