booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The occasional surplus is a good thing when you're typically running in a deficit.

I've been running at a pretty major deficit most days because of how many extra cals I'm burning, so on Friday we hit the buffet for dinner and I maxed out. But I had only taken in 1k cals for the day prior to it and was around a 4k burn. So I ate far more than usual, but I actually may have still been under.

Anyway, since I keep things in check all the time, those meals are helpful to keep from growing too used to the diet, IMO (at least in my own personal experience).
this... I refeed with about 800-1000 extra cals (mostly from carbs, many junk foods) once a week and i often wake up lighter the day after

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The occasional surplus is a good thing when you're typically running in a deficit.

I've been running at a pretty major deficit most days because of how many extra cals I'm burning, so on Friday we hit the buffet for dinner and I maxed out. But I had only taken in 1k cals for the day prior to it and was around a 4k burn. So I ate far more than usual, but I actually may have still been under.

Anyway, since I keep things in check all the time, those meals are helpful to keep from growing too used to the diet, IMO (at least in my own personal experience).
this... I refeed with about 800-1000 extra cals (mostly from carbs, many junk foods) once a week and i often wake up lighter the day after
Yeah, I don't normally do this "refeed" style of dieting but I'm starting to see what you guys are talking about now.

Anyways, another good workout today.

Bench Press 5/3/1
Front Squat 3x3
Row 3x5
DB Reverse Incline Fly 3x20

Gotta say, this is the best I've felt on a cut. Normally, if I'm not cracked out on stims (usually caffeine/higenamine/yohimbine), I don't have the focus/energy to do anything. Performance is pretty good too. No grinders (I mean, the reps aren't easy, but bar speed is okay) is something that I'm enjoying the most because when performance suffers, it's psychologically hard for me to deal with, which may be why I'm a terrible "cutter" and prefer recomping the most. Some days, I find myself peeing a lot, and some days, I'm not peeing much. Sleep is very good every night now though, and I no longer wake up in the middle of the night for any reason. Weight is still the same as yesterday, so it's almost as if I hit a plateau (well, for scale weight anyway), but I'll see what this week brings. I believe this is the start of week 3.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did some morning cardio today. I did notice that the weight on the scale is still the same as last week-ish (-5.2 lbs down from the beginning) but the sweatpants I normally wear are starting to become loose to the point where I have to constantly pull them up. It's a bit hard for me to see the scale weight not moving, but if my clothes are becoming loose I think that's something worth being happy about.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did some morning cardio today. I did notice that the weight on the scale is still the same as last week-ish (-5.2 lbs down from the beginning) but the sweatpants I normally wear are starting to become loose to the point where I have to constantly pull them up. It's a bit hard for me to see the scale weight not moving, but if my clothes are becoming loose I think that's something worth being happy about.
I've always been big on seeing the scale numbers change because of my own emotional issues from years of food/body image problems.

But what I can say is that as I become leaner, it's easier to care about it at least a little bit less as the visual changes in the mirror and in clothing are much more noticeable.

When I dropped from 280 to 260, for example, I didn't look (to me, at least) any different. So the scale change let me know "hey, stick with it -- it's working." Whereas now, going from 229 to 225 and then maybe hovering at the same weight for several days, I can still feel a difference in clothing and see subtle changes much quicker in the mirror as far as definition coming in (more veins becoming visible, another portion of my serratus showing, etc.).

So I think that really makes a big difference, too.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always been big on seeing the scale numbers change because of my own emotional issues from years of food/body image problems.

But what I can say is that as I become leaner, it's easier to care about it at least a little bit less as the visual changes in the mirror and in clothing are much more noticeable.

When I dropped from 280 to 260, for example, I didn't look (to me, at least) any different. So the scale change let me know "hey, stick with it -- it's working." Whereas now, going from 229 to 225 and then maybe hovering at the same weight for several days, I can still feel a difference in clothing and see subtle changes much quicker in the mirror as far as definition coming in (more veins becoming visible, another portion of my serratus showing, etc.).

So I think that really makes a big difference, too.
For me, I'm just "terrible" at cutting. Whether it's diet discipline, training psychology (I don't like seeing my strength numbers decrease or lose explosiveness in lifts/performance) or something else, I just hate seeing the scale not move when I feel like I'm "restricting" myself.

My main backstory is that I've been 198-207 lbs for many years now (obviously at different levels of muscle mass). I'm usually at my lightest when I'm pretty active in basketball, and I gain weight very slowly when I'm not. I've mostly done recomping over the years (or involuntary bulking/cutting), so I definitely give props to the people who've dropped over 20-40 lbs and stuck with dietary restriction, etc. I give you the highest of high fives!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think noticing and acknowledging our own limitations and weaknesses is a HUGE step forward. Just like cutting weight has always been a struggle for me and in the past it was binge-eating; lately it was more a lack of not burning enough calories and not realizing I wasn't as active as I needed to be.

But whatever it may be, we're inherently better at some things than others and it's easy to stick our heads in the sand and just be like "whatever, don't care, I'm good at everything" and keep trying to bulldoze forward. It takes a special kind of strength to say "you know what, I'm not great at ______ in comparison to _____ ."

It doesn't make it easier; but knowing that you find it difficult to lose strength and not see progress on the scale at least allows you the ability to focus on that mindset and tell yourself to have patience.

You got this, bro.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think noticing and acknowledging our own limitations and weaknesses is a HUGE step forward. Just like cutting weight has always been a struggle for me and in the past it was binge-eating; lately it was more a lack of not burning enough calories and not realizing I wasn't as active as I needed to be.

But whatever it may be, we're inherently better at some things than others and it's easy to stick our heads in the sand and just be like "whatever, don't care, I'm good at everything" and keep trying to bulldoze forward. It takes a special kind of strength to say "you know what, I'm not great at ______ in comparison to _____ ."

It doesn't make it easier; but knowing that you find it difficult to lose strength and not see progress on the scale at least allows you the ability to focus on that mindset and tell yourself to have patience.

You got this, bro.
Yeah, tell me about it. About 1 year of spinning my wheels then realizing to myself unless I'm on some special kind of stuff, I don't think I can gain muscle/strength and lose fat quickly. I gain strength/mass pretty quickly actually, so I guess I'm part of that phenotype which sucks at cutting, or something along those lines.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, tell me about it. About 1 year of spinning my wheels then realizing to myself unless I'm on some special kind of stuff, I don't think I can gain muscle/strength and lose fat quickly. I gain strength/mass pretty quickly actually, so I guess I'm part of that phenotype which sucks at cutting, or something along those lines.
I've lived with the whispers of steroids my whole life because getting big was easy (too easy, to be honest) which was likely part of the pituitary issue and most certainly isn't helped by my Hashimoto's that tends to lean toward hypothyroidism more of the time with my normal body temp at like 96.1* unless I'm doing something to alter it lol. Don't lose a whole lot of weight that way.

So I always whined about not being able to get cut, but I know tons of guys who eat and eat and eat and can't gain a pound. Grass is always greener...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've lived with the whispers of steroids my whole life because getting big was easy (too easy, to be honest) which was likely part of the pituitary issue and most certainly isn't helped by my Hashimoto's that tends to lean toward hypothyroidism more of the time with my normal body temp at like 96.1* unless I'm doing something to alter it lol. Don't lose a whole lot of weight that way.

So I always whined about not being able to get cut, but I know tons of guys who eat and eat and eat and can't gain a pound. Grass is always greener...
Shouldn't have said phenotype...but I am drawing blanks on the word to describe the state of mind/psychological type that always has food cravings. I am "good" at gaining mass because I can't control my damn appetite. Even using clean foods like broccoli, white rice, and chicken breast I still eat like a fiend. My maintenance is fairly high actually, so I guess my main complaint is that I have this "always eat" mentality. I guess it stems from when I was younger and I was very skinny and didn't eat much, people always told me to "eat more". Either way, I think we're on opposite ends of the spectrum metabolism wise, but my ability to control how much I eat is pretty damn weak.

Even back when I tried epitome, I had cravings, but it would make me feel "full" quicker. Probably something I'll try running once I get leaner again.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm really good at getting fat :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah man...your maintenance cals are low. I don't know how I would live off that.....
Most days I don't know how I do ha. Pair that with the appetite of a bear and it's bad news

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most days I don't know how I do ha. Pair that with the appetite of a bear and it's bad news
I always figured you for more of an otter...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, I sorta see it now. I guess that's why you seem to eat the same boring stuff I do and practice IF. It's all coming together now.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn, I sorta see it now. I guess that's why you seem to eat the same boring stuff I do and practice IF. It's all coming together now.
Haha yep... My entire diet is based around max volume for the cals. I literally eat like 3+lb of food for dinner every night to get satisfied. It's almost sick.

Thanksgiving is always fun for me. Last year I gained 11.5lb in 2hrs. I was like a proud pregnant mom after that with my awesome food baby (which had light abs... Looked like a big gh gut ha)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha yep... My entire diet is based around max volume for the cals. I literally eat like 3+lb of food for dinner every night to get satisfied. It's almost sick.

Thanksgiving is always fun for me. Last year I gained 11.5lb in 2hrs. I was like a proud pregnant mom after that with my awesome food baby (which had light abs... Looked like a big gh gut ha)
It's a struggle man. Back when I used to do "IIFYM" it just never worked out for me. I eat "bro foods" like broccoli, chicken breast, and drink lots of water, as well as practicing IF and that barely manages to control my hunger (even with my high maintenance calories of 2700-2900). It's actually why I love supplements like EvoMuse Defuse. Sometimes, when I'm just damn tired of my diet, I go apesh*t at the buffet and then I'm back to the struggle/grind.

Anyways, great workout today. I'd also like to point out I'm down another 1.4 lbs which makes me down 6.6 lbs total from the beginning, and I'm feeling as strong if not stronger on low calories. It's also psychologically motivating to retain strength while watching scale weight drop. In the past, when strength would drop and scale weight wouldn't drop, it really "demotivates" me to stay on track with diet and makes me want to go back to "recomp mode".

Press 3x5
Deadlift 5/3/1
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

My deadlift sets were surprising to me. I didn't struggle as much as I had thought I would. I can accredit this to the "mental focus/clarity" that being in mini-ketosis is giving me, as well as the fact that I've added Sumo Deadlifts as assistance for the past few weeks and I think it's helping me off the floor which makes the lift less "grindy". Things are rolling along fairly well.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I had an amazing workout today. My strength on this cut is very interesting (in a good way). I like what I'm seeing.

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 5/3/1
Row 3x5
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x12

Good form/technique, decent bar speeds for everything, and strength is definitely retained if not even better than before I started, and I'm ~6 lbs down from the start and I'm not using any intra carbs/pre-workouts. I can only wonder what I'll be able to do once I get all those back in (and stop cutting), but for now I'll stick to my plan. I haven't posted much about food because I'm still in the same 500 calorie deficit and doing some cardio on other days. From what I've noticed, Defuse definitely should be accompanied with additional cardio as opposed to diet based cutting in my opinion, because of Defuse's proposed MOA of keeping fatty acids in the bloodstream longer.

I also have a obstacle course race tomorrow which I plan on doing in full ketosis, it'll be interesting to see how I perform.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I had an amazing workout today. My strength on this cut is very interesting (in a good way). I like what I'm seeing.

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 5/3/1
Row 3x5

Good form/technique, decent bar speeds for everything, and strength is definitely retained if not even better than before I started, and I'm ~6 lbs down from the start and I'm not using any intra carbs/pre-workouts. I can only wonder what I'll be able to do once I get all those back in (and stop cutting), but for now I'll stick to my plan. I haven't posted much about food because I'm still in the same 500 calorie deficit and doing some cardio on other days. From what I've noticed, Defuse definitely should be accompanied with additional cardio as opposed to diet based cutting in my opinion, because of Defuse's proposed MOA of keeping fatty acids in the bloodstream longer.

I also have a obstacle course race tomorrow which I plan on doing in full ketosis, it'll be interesting to see how I perform.
my strength has continued to progress as well even as calories continue to be reduced. Really liking that and the fullness that I have (even with some bloat) as usually as soon as cals/carbs dip I become quite flat.

what race are you doing?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my strength has continued to progress as well even as calories continue to be reduced. Really liking that and the fullness that I have (even with some bloat) as usually as soon as cals/carbs dip I become quite flat.

what race are you doing?
City Challenge Race in Jersey City. It's an urban obstacle course.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to point out that as I came home today, I weighed in at a lighter weight, with food in me (i usually weigh myself when I wake up first thing in the morning). Down another 0.8 lbs. Without fail, my waking weight tomorrow will definitely be even less. Pretty happy with how things are going. This protocol has not only made fat loss pretty drastic (for the short duration) but it's been painless.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Obstacle race was tough for me, mostly the cardio component. I will lay it out here:

3.2 Miles Distance
30 Box Jumps
50 Kettlebell Swings (50 lbs)
7-8 Climbs (Wall/Rope)
Hood Parkour
Tire Manuevers
50 Jump Rope Reps

There may be other ones I missed. Did this completely "ketogenic" and fasted. Not bad!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't have a super strict diet this weekend but my estimates were that my calories were around maintenance at highest. Weighed in slightly higher than before so i'm back at 202 lbs (which is ~5.0 lbs down from the beginning of the log). I'm actually still sore from the obstacle course this weekend so I'm pushing my 5/3/1 cycle to tomorrow/thursday/saturday then resuming a normal monday/weds/friday schedule.

Something I've noticed when dosing KI is that I want to pee almost always after I use it (in 2-3 hours), and also random bloating during parts of the day, but I don't check myself 24/7 so I don't know if this is in my head.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Odd. My diet has been pretty on point lately and I've randomly gained 2 lbs (seemingly in bloat form). Anyways, today's workout basically just restarts the 5/3/1 cycle with raised training maxes, and it went very well.

Bench Press 5/3/1
Front Squat 3x3
Row 3x5

All reps/sets were decent, no grinders. Fat loss is noticeable now that I checked myself in the gym mirror (with favorable lighting). I feel it's hard to tell body comp changes from my home mirror, but I'll still be taking pics from my home mirror so that you guys can judge it by the end of the log. Strength is the same if not better, and I'm down some pounds. Defuse+KI is a great combination. In the future, this is the one time that I'd recommend you use fat burners that are thermogenics to really take advantage of this stuff, combined with cardio as opposed to just pure diet deficit.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's the 1 month anniversary with the girlfriend, so later I'm going out to korean BBQ, but for the most part, they have pretty lean meats so it's not like it's gonna be a buffet splurge fest....but as far as I can tell there's no way for me to definitively count my macros for this one. I'll manage my macros for the other meals of the day though.

Also, I weighed myself this morning and I'm at my lowest weight ever (after being up 2 lbs the other day). Total weight loss is 8.6 lbs from beginning of the log....and I'm stronger.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's the 1 month anniversary with the girlfriend, so later I'm going out to korean BBQ, but for the most part, they have pretty lean meats so it's not like it's gonna be a buffet splurge fest....but as far as I can tell there's no way for me to definitively count my macros for this one. I'll manage my macros for the other meals of the day though.

Also, I weighed myself this morning and I'm at my lowest weight ever (after being up 2 lbs the other day). Total weight loss is 8.6 lbs from beginning of the log....and I'm stronger.
awesome! never had korean bbq but ive heard its great. cant go wrong with meat

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome to hear, bro.

Also congrats on the anniversary ;) Enjoy that BBQ

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mostly filled up on various veggies and stuff yesterday, so I felt fuller than usual so I didn't overeat on the meats. Plus, KBBQ is expensive so I can't go splurging on that. Anyways, yesterday, at most, was maybe 500 above maintenance. I didn't weigh myself this morning cause I felt the number won't really mean much anyway as it'll probably drop back down after remaining my normal deficit.

Anyways, today's workout went as planned, although the one squat rack in this new gym I use was occupied so I had to do a little change up on my overhead pressing.

Muscle Snatch into Press (I muscle snatched it up to my shoulder area, then pressed 5 times) 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

Great workout overall. The muscle snatching made today's workout a bit more strenuous, but my power/strength are still on point. Being a lighter weight and stronger is very gratifying. No grinders, etc. The best part is I am retaining my pressing strength, which are easily the ones to go down the toilet when I'm a lighter weight. Haven't ever figured out if that's psychological or something about being lighter weight makes you press worse.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff, buddy.

Also, did you get a present? It feels like ages since I was unmarried, but if I remember correctly, the standard gift for a one month anniversary was an iTunes gift card good for one free download.

lol

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff, buddy.

Also, did you get a present? It feels like ages since I was unmarried, but if I remember correctly, the standard gift for a one month anniversary was an iTunes gift card good for one free download.

lol
Haha, I treated her to the expensive dinner and some mini golfing, etc. I think that's good enough, but maybe I'm a robot.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, I treated her to the expensive dinner and some mini golfing, etc. I think that's good enough, but maybe I'm a robot.
You're a good dude :)

How was the mini golf? I admittedly loathe it just because my focus only lasts for a short time before I go full ADD lol. Same reason I'm terrible at pool and regular golf (and bowling, for that matter). Any amount of downtime in a sport results in me being like "ah, screw it -- I just want to hit the ball hard/far/etc."

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and --

01001001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101111 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101001 01110010 00101110

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're a good dude :)

How was the mini golf? I admittedly loathe it just because my focus only lasts for a short time before I go full ADD lol. Same reason I'm terrible at pool and regular golf (and bowling, for that matter). Any amount of downtime in a sport results in me being like "ah, screw it -- I just want to hit the ball hard/far/etc."
Mini golf takes some patience. I'm not gonna be mega meathead and go "I don't know my own strength" and complain that I'm too strong and I hit the ball too far, but you really need to be feathery light on the swings. It's not one of those sports where you can just go crazy. It's why I prefer playing basketball (explosive fast break fun), and volleyball (jumping up and spiking it in someone's face, HAHA) to an extent.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another good workout today. Same format as Tuesday's with some percentages reversed.

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 3x5
Row 3x5

I'm really loving that my pressing strength has not greatly suffered during this cut. I'm easily ~8-9 lbs down from the start and my pressing strength remains the same (on some days, it feels stronger, but this feeling isn't consistent enough for me to say anything). My lower body lifts are stronger though. I wonder how my cut will continue to go after KI is discontinued, so I may update this log even after I run out. I probably have around 4-5 KI scoops left so I'll still keep updating. I haven't really updated in detail because honestly, the stuff I said at the beginning of the log still applies now. Better sleep, peeing after using KI, feeling "mental clarity" when waking up, etc.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm always the same with pressing disappearing when I cut. Hasn't been the case for me this time either. Really liking what looks to be complete muscle retention with this stuff, I just wish the bloat wasn't there but it's the same with tta for me. Results all at the end ha

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm always the same with pressing disappearing when I cut. Hasn't been the case for me this time either. Really liking what looks to be complete muscle retention with this stuff, I just wish the bloat wasn't there but it's the same with tta for me. Results all at the end ha
Well a few days after you finish KI, maybe the real stuff will be revealed underneath the bloat. I'm sort of curious to see if I'll look way better than I do now after the bloat subsides.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well a few days after you finish KI, maybe the real stuff will be revealed underneath the bloat. I'm sort of curious to see if I'll look way better than I do now after the bloat subsides.
That's what I'm thinking. Tta is usually about 3-5 days before I see results and it's typically a pretty big difference.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I forgot to bring my Leucine concoction today for my workout and I noticed something interesting. Not sure if it's psychological or not, but my workout went INCREDIBLY well. Does having leucine pre-workout while in ketosis (assumed ketosis due to KI of course) effect your level of ketosis or something? I've just been taking it because I workout fasted. Either way, same style workout....

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 3x3
Row 3x5

Easy workout. I felt very, very strong. This may have been a good day, or maybe its because I wasn't sipping on Leucine. Any ideas guys? I mean, I'm not complaining of course. Also, weight is still around the same level (down 7-9 lbs)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to bring my Leucine concoction today for my workout and I noticed something interesting. Not sure if it's psychological or not, but my workout went INCREDIBLY well. Does having leucine pre-workout while in ketosis (assumed ketosis due to KI of course) effect your level of ketosis or something? I've just been taking it because I workout fasted. Either way, same style workout....

Bench Press 3x3
Front Squat 3x3
Row 3x5

Easy workout. I felt very, very strong. This may have been a good day, or maybe its because I wasn't sipping on Leucine. Any ideas guys? I mean, I'm not complaining of course. Also, weight is still around the same level (down 7-9 lbs)
Most of the literature/science of ketosis is still way over my head, but IIRC that was one of the things directly discussed in regards to too much leucine (or whole protein) could kick one out of ketosis or at least hinder it.

I've worked out purely fasted as well as with 2 scoops of MBCAA (or another BCAA blend) with 1 scoop MCT Evolved. I didn't really notice a huge difference in either option, but I prefer having the aminos and MCT's.

Definitely worth looking more into, though.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, tonight or tomorrow is looking like my last dosage, so tomorrow's workout will be my last bit of logging until I post up the final pics/review/thoughts.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just finished my workout listed below:

Press 3x5
Deadlift 3x3
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

Okay, so I skipped Leucine to see if I'd have the same super strength as Monday....and the answer is a resounding no. Hahaha, after today's sets, it was clear that Monday was a VERY good day. I didn't go crazy grinding on any of these sets, although the topset for Deadlifts was a bit grindy on the last 2 reps (7 out of 9 reps non-grinders). I'm heading to work, but after this, I will be posting a final review that should be in-depth. The pics will be up tomorrow night so the same conditions apply to the first post (night time picture, fed, etc)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW
============

Okay, so first, I'll just put up my comments on the separate supplements and then how they fit into the protocol all together.

EvoMuse Defuse:
Both through what I'm told, and personal anecdote, this is not a GDA and it does exactly what it is meant to do. It prevents fat gain/storage for hours (Matt says around 4) and while the "excess" calories are floating in the bloodstream, they have a chance to be burned. Pretty good MOA because even breathing and walking around burns SOME calories, and in the original label dosing, you dose this twice a day in separate occasions, which pretty much leaves fat storage/gain crippled for most of the time that you are awake.

EvoMuse KetoInduce:
This is meant to induce ketosis. I can't definitively say this because I did not use keto strips, and I know almost nothing about what it's like to be in ketosis, but I can definitely tell you I felt different. For one thing, I felt bloated at certain times of the day and dry at other parts of the day. Muscle fullness was consistent considering I'm on a cut, that is an interesting phenomenon. I had great mental clarity upon wake ups and it definitely isn't something I've felt before (especially on a cut). I did notice better sleep, but I can attribute that to the NA-R-ALA that is in it. I've dosed both NA-R-ALA and standard Alpha Lipoic Acid pre-bed, along with many other GDAs (Recompadrol, Slintensity, and even Glycophase) and they have always helped me sleep deeper, so this is no surprise (I'm not sure what the NA-R-ALA dosage is, but it helped). Finally, for some reason, I would always pee about 2-3 hours after dosing this. When dosing this 1 hour pre-bed, I'd wake up in the middle of my sleep (2 hours in) and have to pee. So what I did was I kept my diet the same, but I ate my last meal 2 hours earlier than usual and I dosed KetoInduce 3 hours pre-bed. As I suspected, I stopped having to wake up in the middle of the night to pee because I would just pee before I slept. This might be something that people should be mindful of, but then again, this is only how it effected me.

The Protocol:
So depending on the carbohydrates you were eating, you were to dose Defuse with them, which in theory, just keeps fatty acids floating around and when you knock yourself into mini-ketosis via KetoInduce, there are fatty acids that are readily available to be burned up. Honestly, after messing around with when I timed my cardio on some days, I notice that the best kind of caloric deficit for this specific protocol is probably activity/cardio based, as opposed to diet based. Meaning, instead of eating (Maintenance - 500 calories) a day, it would be best to eat Maintenance and just burn around 500 of calories using cardio after your meals. I tracked my weight every 2-3 days and I noticed this seemed best. This may not seem like something that is important, but I liked this anyway because I have more food in my stomach (satiety) but still achieve the same deficit. I think this stuff would shine on a recomp the most. I think if you plan on using KetoInduce to cut, then you should probably not even bother with Defuse because I don't think Defuse will do much since Defuse's main purpose is to stop fat gain/excess calories from being stored (which won't happen if you're not even eating much).

Anyways, I'll be posting up the final pics tomorrow. I see myself every day, and my home lighting is pretty bad, but I definitely feel leaner because my jeans are looser, and some of my shirts are looser as well. I lost about 8-9 lbs in 4.5 weeks, retained strength, and felt decent while dieting. This is mostly a big deal because my pressing strength goes down the toilet during any sort of cut (psychological/physiological, not sure). All great things for me. The tub was free, so obviously I love it, but as for the cost in itself....it's pretty pricey and at normal retail price, I think this is something you'd use if you had a deadline and not as a staple.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FINAL REVIEW
============

Okay, so first, I'll just up my comments on the separate supplements and then how they fit into the protocol all together.

EvoMuse Defuse:
Both through what I'm told, and personal anecdote, this is not a GDA and it does exactly what it is meant to do. It prevents fat gain/storage for hours (Matt says around 4) and while the "excess" calories are floating in the bloodstream, they have a chance to be burned. Pretty good MOA because even breathing and walking around burns SOME calories, and in the original label dosing, you dose this twice a day in separate occasions, which pretty much leaves fat storage/gain crippled for most of the time that you are awake.

EvoMuse KetoInduce:
This is meant to induce ketosis. I can't definitively say this because I did not use keto strips, and I know almost nothing about what it's like to be in ketosis, but I can definitely tell you I felt different. For one thing, I felt bloated at certain times of the day and dry at other parts of the day. Muscle fullness was consistent considering I'm on a cut, that is an interesting phenomenon. I had great mental clarity upon wake ups and it definitely isn't something I've felt before (especially on a cut). I did notice better sleep, but I can attribute that to the NA-R-ALA that is in it. I've dosed both NA-R-ALA and standard Alpha Lipoic Acid pre-bed, along with many other GDAs (Recompadrol, Slintensity, and even Glycophase) and they have always helped me sleep deeper, so this is no surprise (I'm not sure what the NA-R-ALA dosage is, but it helped). Finally, for some reason, I would always pee about 2-3 hours after dosing this. When dosing this 1 hour pre-bed, I'd wake up in the middle of my sleep (2 hours in) and have to pee. So what I did was I kept my diet the same, but I ate my last meal 2 hours earlier than usual and I dosed KetoInduce 3 hours pre-bed. As I suspected, I stopped having to wake up in the middle of the night to pee because I would just pee before I slept. This might be something that people should be mindful of, but then again, this is only how it effected me.

The Protocol:
So depending on the carbohydrates you were eating, you were to dose Defuse with them, which in theory, just keeps fatty acids floating around and when you knock yourself into mini-ketosis via KetoInduce, there are fatty acids that are readily available to be burned up. Honestly, after messing around with when I timed my cardio on some days, I notice that the best kind of caloric deficit for this specific protocol is probably activity/cardio based, as opposed to diet based. Meaning, instead of eating (Maintenance - 500 calories) a day, it would be best to eat Maintenance and just burn around 500 of calories using cardio after your meals. I tracked my weight every 2-3 days and I noticed this seemed best. This may not seem like something that is important, but I liked this anyway because I have more food in my stomach (satiety) but still achieve the same deficit. I think this stuff would shine on a recomp the most. I think if you plan on using KetoInduce to cut, then you should probably not even bother with Defuse because I don't think Defuse will do much since Defuse's main purpose is to stop fat gain/excess calories from being stored (which won't happen if you're not even eating much).

Anyways, I'll be posting up the final pics tomorrow. I see myself every day, and my home lighting is pretty bad, but I definitely feel leaner because my jeans are looser, and some of my shirts are looser as well. I lost about 8-9 lbs in 4.5 weeks, retained strength, and felt decent while dieting. All great things for me. The tub was free, so obviously I love it, but as for the cost in itself....it's pretty pricey and at normal retail price, I think this is something you'd use if you had a deadline and not as a staple.
Solid review and pretty much in line with what I thought as well. Interested to see your pics.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here are the final pics! Not sure if things are noticeable in these pictures due to lighting/my camera, but changes are more noticeable in person.

Attachments

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate the final review and glad you enjoyed the results of the run!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For what it's worth, I'm still cutting and pressing strength has finally went down (whoopee) but also, the bloat has gone away too and I look better than in the pics above. But yeah, KetoInduce definitely was a different feeling. KI alone is good for a "deadline" kind of deal IMO, but not a staple by any means. I also think that KI+Defuse was not as drastic as it was proclaimed to be, unless you utilize exercise/cardio/activity after using Defuse.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just one last update and I'll leave the log alone, but I'm going for information/clarity here. Initially at the start of the log, I assumed 2800-2900 was my maintenance. After being off this stuff for a bit, it appears that my maintenance calculation was wrong. As someone who's been eating at maintenance for about 2-3 years (other than the binge) that has ALWAYS been my maintenance. For the past week or so I've been eating at 2750 calories (my perceived maintenance)and I'm still slowly dropping weight. This means that KetoInduce was more useful than I thought, because in what was probably around 700-1000 cal deficit, I was retaining strength and actually able to function like a non-zombie. I'd like to point out that I have no idea why my maintenance calories are higher, except for the possible 3 month run of BRITE I did awhile back. So this post is to clarify that KetoInduce was pretty damn helpful, maybe not in pure fat loss, but in feeling decent while losing fat, and also, BRITE rocks and you should all buy it IMO.