Low carb electrolyte/hydration/replenishment drink?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I've been out in some 110 degree heat doing moderate exercise. Regular water does not cut it. I hear coconut water is good, but there are 11g carbs per serving. No bueno.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finaflex BCCAA+SAA would be perfect. Besides providing bcaa's and saa's it has an anti cramping matrix perfectly suited for what u are looking for. Apple Fusion flavor is amazing and the best tasting supplement I have ever had too.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gatorade zero
Powerade zero
Vitamin Water Zero(I think has electrolytes)

Healthier alternatives? I don't know. Sure someone else does.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been out in some 110 degree heat doing moderate exercise. Regular water does not cut it. I hear coconut water is good, but there are 11g carbs per serving. No bueno.

Gatorade G2
IForce compete

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Athlytes ATP by MST
BCAA mixed into Gatorade zero.

trn450

trn450

Awards

You need some carbohydrates to really get electrolyte replenishment. This is is why pedialyte, gatorade, etc. have carbhydrates. The transport of electrolytes from the gut lumen to the enteric vasculature is dependent upon sugar--there is a cotransport system.

Carbs are your friend, not your enemy. Being fat is your enemy, and high GI carbs are a bad thing to repeatedly smash your body with. But, again, carbs are NOT your enemy -- unless you're on a ketogenic diet.

Profion

Awards
ive done intermitt fasting for 6month, fasting 8hours from i woke up! I helped me reduce my appetite, also had a recomp effect on me! only negative side was that i lost fullness and strength. At one point i was eating such low amount of carbohydrates that i actually became mental, i kid you not..

I starting getting anxiouty, paranoyia, sight problemes, lack of concentration, i forgot...at the worst point i was feeling as i was looked apon from above, i was not able to communicate well with people around me, most of all was my toughts were ruining me while being social..

Your muscles and mind run on carbohydrates, an overload of protein or carbohydrates is bad. Same goes for fat, but eat the healthy they will actually help you lose weight... The human body, the world, the universe is ran on water! water is essential for living, some people really lack a simple glass of water to get a step closer to their gains!! Yes 85% of the body is made of water, muscles are too.. in the tiniest aspect cells consis mostly of water and if ure dehydrated they wont work well= fat loss will be weakend.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you can find any then Poseidon fits exactly what you are looking for. :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
If you can find any then Poseidon fits exactly what you are looking for. :)
good stuff

yeah there is more to this aspect than combatting with simple bcaa - altho I certainly like that for part of the solution, for muscular & energy purposes

key minerals and electrolytes are what you are after here..small sugar/carb amount will only enhance not detract

Gatorade will work fine (fortified with some posiedon would be bomb!).. toss in some BCAA+SAA and you are G2G

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
good stuff

yeah there is more to this aspect than combatting with simple bcaa - altho I certainly like that for part of the solution, for muscular & energy purposes

key minerals and electrolytes are what you are after here..small sugar/carb amount will only enhance not detract

Gatorade will work fine (fortified with some posiedon would be bomb!).. toss in some BCAA+SAA and you are G2G

Ditto. Poseidon is the shizz for extreme heat. I work almost exclusively in the desert and the heavy dose of Mg and K can really turn around heat exhaustion..if you catch it in time.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
does no one use cytomax any more?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Cytomax sometimes for my long bike rides when I need carbs and electrolytes. I also use powder Gatorade with some bcaas, especially for the LONG rides (4+ hrs)