long term phenibut use-

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Let me start off by saying i have been an insomniac for a long time, as lng as i can remember... i currenty dont have health insurance, so a sleep study is out of the question for now....

Generally, i can go days without sleeping, usually 1 or 2... then either pass out for 10+hours or cat nap and wake up every 2-3 hours

i have tried EVERYTHING FOR SLEEP

melatonin- i have taken between 1 and 10mg (or micrograms i dont remembr how theyre dosed) - it never had any effect

diphenhydramine- kills test levels, destroyed libido, no good, marginally effective at best

l theanine- again marginally effective at best

ldopa- makes me sleep for about 1 hour and then i get JOLTED out of bed, even with deoxycarbolase inhibitors (EGCG)

xanax- makes me end up in jail, addiction, erratic behavior, helped sleep though

ambien- took it one time, didnt really help at all iirc

remeron- didnt help

seroquel- gained 15lbs of fat in 4 months on this garbage- crap, again marginally effective at best

phenibut- works every time, no questions asked 8 hrs of sleep, sense of well-being etc

GHB- works every time, illegal, too expensive/risky... but it works

to add, i have a slight blepharospasm (eye twitch) that phenibut seems to help- i wake up each morning refreshed (dopamine rebound maybe?)

so what i have been doing, is taking phenibut regularly for about 4 months and i have noticed these benefits

-sleep every night, no questions asked
-increased libido
-wake up motivated, easy to work
-blepharospasm improvement

phenibut has dramatically improved my ability to get up @ 6am and work until 9pm....

i do electric from 630-400 and personal training from 530 ish to 930 at night...

so basically, for not having health insurance, phenibut is a great bandaid for what i hope is not a huge problem.... im aware that one day i will have to taper..... but ihad to taper off welbutrin, celexa, seroquel etc.... and that wasnt TOO bad..

dose is 2g morning and 2g night..... have been dosing this way from august till now- no real signs of tolerance increasing

what im basically asking for is opinions, potential long term benefits/problems/health risks?

thoughts?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
holy **** OP 4 months on phenibut daily?

There must be some underlying medical issue for you here.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
holy **** OP 4 months on phenibut daily?

There must be some underlying medical issue for you here.
lol would you not do the same?

bepharospasm drives me crazy.... not sleeping literally made me go insane..... add phenibut, 2 of my lifes biggest problems solved...

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
lol would you not do the same?

bepharospasm drives me crazy.... not sleeping literally made me go insane..... add phenibut, 2 of my lifes biggest problems solved...
I physically couldn't, using it more than twice a week I begin to develop a tolerance and an addiction. It is awesome when I use it but I have to use it very sparingly. I understand this is generally the same for most people which is why I feel you might have some unknown condition.

brb googling

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I physically couldn't, using it more than twice a week I begin to develop a tolerance and an addiction. It is awesome when I use it but I have to use it very sparingly. I understand this is generally the same for most people which is why I feel you might have some unknown condition.

brb googling
well the tolerance does go up slightly over time for me, but people blow it way out of proportion..... im not using this recreationally ... just to sleep, function

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
well the tolerance does go up slightly over time for me, but people blow it way out of proportion..... im not using this recreationally ... just to sleep, function
at what doses are you using it and is it daily?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
phenibut.png

as you can see, its not a big difference between these molecules.... and baclofen seems to be safe long term from my research....

i know im playing doctor, but as far as i am concerned at this point, its a risk im willing to take ...

My sleep pattern/blepharospasm had prevented me from working/being social for some time.... i could work 1 or 2 days, then i would sleep all day long... always tired

the blepharospasm is literally the most embarrasing thing in the world.... do you know what its like to be that guy that has that "blinking thing"

its a pain in the ass.... its also been shown that baclofen is useful in treating blepharospasms

BEFORE
1-2 days of work per week, blepharospasm, anxiety

AFTER
working 2 jobs, soon to be attending school, working 60+ hrs a week, blepharospasm reduced by at least 65%

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
BTW no health insurance for either job because electric is under the table and training is less than 40hrs per week...

i know this is going to have to lead to the doctors office eventually, and the last time i went, i brought a nutra pheni tub to him......... i kid you not, his exact words were "i know nothing about it, but if its working keep taking it"

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I don't see a problem with what you're doing - as long as you think it works.

Phenibut seems to impact different people in different ways. Like for me - it might help me to get a more restful sleep, but it's definitely not a miracle drug in that department for me personally. I also think it tends to "interact" with other things you might be taking, or recently took. Last I took Phen, I took 4 caps a little over a week ago and, at that time I was about one week off of a one-month cycle of Dermacrine.

I don't know what happened ... but the next day I was hypersexual. My libido normally runs white hot - but this was something I've never experienced before. I couldn't work. My mind was focused only on one thing and, if I tried to think about something else - I became extremely agitated until I thought about sex again. I had to call my wife and we both took off work. When I met her at the house - I swear to god I could smell a certain part of her even though she was fully clothed and perfectly clean.

All of my senses where absolutely amplified. I could smell things I usually don't smell, and my sense of touch was exaggerated also. I felt like a dog or something - confused with a plethora of sensory input. It took about three hours with her to work it off.

It was like a trip or something and, although certain parts of it were definitely interesting - I'm really not sure I want to experience that feeling again - I wasn't in control of myself.

I think some of this may have been some rebounding hormones from the Dermacrine - but I think it was amped up by the Phenibut for sure.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I don't see a problem with what you're doing - as long as you think it works.

Phenibut seems to impact different people in different ways. Like for me - it might help me to get a more restful sleep, but it's definitely not a miracle drug in that department for me personally. I also think it tends to "interact" with other things you might be taking, or recently took. Last I took Phen, I took 4 caps a little over a week ago and, at that time I was about one week off of a one-month cycle of Dermacrine.

I don't know what happened ... but the next day I was hypersexual. My libido normally runs white hot - but this was something I've never experienced before. I couldn't work. My mind was focused only on one thing and, if I tried to think about something else - I became extremely agitated until I thought about sex again. I had to call my wife and we both took off work. When I met her at the house - I swear to god I could smell a certain part of her even though she was fully clothed and perfectly clean.

All of my senses where absolutely amplified. I could smell things I usually don't smell, and my sense of touch was exaggerated also. I felt like a dog or something - confused with a plethora of sensory input. It took about three hours with her to work it off.

It was like a trip or something and, although certain parts of it were definitely interesting - I'm really not sure I want to experience that feeling again - I wasn't in control of myself.

I think some of this may have been some rebounding hormones from the Dermacrine - but I think it was amped up by the Phenibut for sure.
lol that sounds like the pct was doing its magic.... clomid aromasin combo?

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
lol that sounds like the pct was doing its magic.... clomid aromasin combo?
I wasn't doing any SERM or A/I ... though I was taking some ERASE also. I wasn't shutdown at all - and, in fact, had just had sex the day before - so I wasn't starved either.

I think Phen definitely has an effect on the brain ... and, like I said - I think it affects people in different ways. That's why, if it's working for you - then I would just continue to use it, though you might try to go off it at some point just as an experiment to check your level of addiction - if any.

It's just something that affects different people different ways. I've heard some people say it makes them extremely mellow ... some take it and feel hungover the next day ... some get horny off it ... and some people like you feel great and productive on it.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
im taking 1.5-2g in the morning and 1.5 2g at night
Holy ****, I mean if its working then keep doing it, no immediate health issues have arisen so why not if it makes life worth living man

In perspective I can handle 3g twice a week and by the end of the bottle(SNS Phenibut) I have a tolerance and addiction

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried GABA or GABA + PowerFULL?

PowerFULL makes me more tired than 250mg pure L-Dopa

Crazy that diphenhydramine didnt work...50mg of that for me and I am in a sleep coma. I have a friend who is like you though and even ambien doesnt do anything for him

J19891

J19891

Awards
That's pretty strange that xanax and seroquel wouldn't help but phenibut would.....

IMO 99% of "insomniacs" are people with disrupted sleep patterns. I'd suggest taking phenibut for as long as it takes you to get set on a consistent schedule then slowly wean yourself off of it.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried GABA or GABA + PowerFULL?

PowerFULL makes me more tired than 250mg pure L-Dopa

Crazy that diphenhydramine didnt work...50mg of that for me and I am in a sleep coma. I have a friend who is like you though and even ambien doesnt do anything for him
i have tried powerFULL, as well as now brand macuna and natures brand or wutever.... and i have tried 1 carboxy

all different combinations of all of the above supps have had no positive effect

That's pretty strange that xanax and seroquel wouldn't help but phenibut would.....

IMO 99% of "insomniacs" are people with disrupted sleep patterns. I'd suggest taking phenibut for as long as it takes you to get set on a consistent schedule then slowly wean yourself off of it.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established

idk what you mean by that... i sleep EVERY night from 10-6 if i take phenibut.... if i dont take phenibut i wont sleep because of withdrawal.... but after that, ill be back to square one.... blepharospasm AND insomnia

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
idk what you mean by that... i sleep EVERY night from 10-6 if i take phenibut.... if i dont take phenibut i wont sleep because of withdrawal.... but after that, ill be back to square one.... blepharospasm AND insomnia
Maybe he means tapering the dosage down a bit? Like 2g down to 1.8g for a couple weeks then down another (blank) increment?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he means tapering the dosage down a bit? Like 2g down to 1.8g for a couple weeks then down another (blank) increment?
yeah i understand the taper.... thats how i planned on stopping to begin with. But what im saying is that if i stop or taper off, im going to have the same issues to start....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah i understand the taper.... thats how i planned on stopping to begin with. But what im saying is that if i stop or taper off, im going to have the same issues to start....
Ah. So when you don't dose it higher than 1.5g before bed the results just stop then?
Hmm. Well if thats the case I'd say keep on taking it till you can get insurance to get that stuff all checked by a doc. I've got no personal exp with this stuff yet so I cant say sadly. :(

Good luck!

J19891

J19891

Awards
If you taper gradually in very small increments, you shouldn't have that problem. If you're still having issues, taper more gradually.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
No no, my friend..... I'm not trying to taper off.... I enjoy phenibuts benefits... I'm speaking of long term usage..

Clever Mouse

Awards
Interesting thread.

I've taken phenibut 500-2000mg/day for years, but never for more than 2-3 days in a row. Didn't want to develop tolerance/addiction.
The first night I took it I slept like a ROCK and woke up kinda euphoric and a little dizzy, but this effect I never had again. Not once.

I get very little from pheni these days, maybe a SLIGHT increase in focus and sense of well-being, so I'm thinking "hell, why not just take it everyday like I would drink a cup of tea or coffee, seems benign to me". But then I read about people experiencing weird side effects if they take it everyday for a long time, and quit it. Maybe people respond differently?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Interesting thread.

I've taken phenibut 500-2000mg/day for years, but never for more than 2-3 days in a row. Didn't want to develop tolerance/addiction.
The first night I took it I slept like a ROCK and woke up kinda euphoric and a little dizzy, but this effect I never had again. Not once.

I get very little from pheni these days, maybe a SLIGHT increase in focus and sense of well-being, so I'm thinking "hell, why not just take it everyday like I would drink a cup of tea or coffee, seems benign to me". But then I read about people experiencing weird side effects if they take it everyday for a long time, and quit it. Maybe people respond differently?
first of all.... 500mg never did anything ever to me.... 1.5g was the beginning threshold for any positive effects.... and it stays around there.... to find euphoria, i would need to dose 5+g at once... at 1.5-2.5g its just calming, and i can sleep at night...

i think its literally blown up around the internet by people who dont taper at all.... or too quickly for that matter..

i have some baclofen on its way to my house.... along with bromocriptine

these two drugs may be effective at minimizing withdrawal from pheni.... the baclofen is the chloro cousin of pheni- basically stronger with a much shorter half life and void of tolerance issues... - it may be easier to taper with this, along with bromocriptine which is reported to help minimize phenibut withdrawal

perhaps i may taper over the next 2 months and give myself a break just to cool my head....... i have never been an advocate of taking things non stop..

but then of course im just going to continue pheni anyway...... well see if i even taper (lol)

bump for more opinions.... maybe some of the MODS whove been around here for a while have an opinion

Clever Mouse

Awards
Just a couple other thoughts:

TIME released melatonin 3+mg plus TIME released 5-HTP 200mg taken at night with a carbohydrate meal + some agent to lower your blood sugar will most likely get you to sleep + keep you there. Try for a few days. Note the TIME released factor here!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Just a couple other thoughts:

TIME released melatonin 3+mg plus TIME released 5-HTP 200mg taken at night with a carbohydrate meal + some agent to lower your blood sugar will most likely get you to sleep + keep you there. Try for a few days. Note the TIME released factor here!
thanks man, ill try the time released version.... 5htp i forgot to mention is something i take once in a while with SOME effect.... nothing even remotley comes close to pheni... not even zopiclone

RealBigga

Banned
Awards
I think u need to just get health insurance on your own and stop waiting around 4 it to fall on your lap from the sky.

I think you just burned yourself out to where the normal stuff dont work for u cause u been took it to the next level and u have high stress or something..

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I think u need to just get health insurance on your own and stop waiting around 4 it to fall on your lap from the sky.

I think you just burned yourself out to where the normal stuff dont work for u cause u been took it to the next level and u have high stress or something..
waiting for it to fall on my lap from the sky?

what the hell is your problem man.....

i work 60 hrs per week... i cant afford an extra bill... i have to pay rent, cable, internet, food, heat, electric etc..... what part about this dont you understand......? all this and im 24 years old .... car insurance, car, girlfriend etc.... explain to me where the hell you think im going to get an extra dollar?

do you still live at home with mommy and daddy?

RealBigga

Banned
Awards

i work 60 hrs per week... i cant afford an extra bill... i have to pay rent, cable, internet, food, heat, electric etc..... what part about this dont you understand......? all this and im 24 years old .... car insurance, car, girlfriend etc.... explain to me where the hell you think im going to get an extra dollar?

Drop your girlfriend and stop buying supplements, i bet you'll have enough to purchase health insurance especially if your only 24.

RealBigga

Banned
Awards
and every bill you mentioned is what every normal human being has. All I know is girlfriends and supplements ain't cheap.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Drop your girlfriend and stop buying supplements, i bet you'll have enough to purchase health insurance especially if your only 24.
and every bill you mentioned is what every normal human being has. All I know is girlfriends and supplements ain't cheap.
im sorry but your advice is pretty retarded...

im not going to drop my girlfriend for health insurance...

i spend:

multi vitamin- $10
fish oil- $10
protein- $20
phenibut- $50

thats all i spend on supplements

lol you really recommend dropping my girlfriend .... STFU

RealBigga

Banned
Awards
im sorry but your advice is pretty retarded...

im not going to drop my girlfriend for health insurance...

i spend:

multi vitamin- $10
fish oil- $10
protein- $20
phenibut- $50

thats all i spend on supplements

lol you really recommend dropping my girlfriend .... STFU
you can find health insurance for the price you spend on your supplements. where you buy protein that's $20/month ?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
you can find health insurance for the price you spend on your supplements. where you buy protein that's $20/month ?
nutrition zone... gaspari myofusion

i could afford health insurance for that price? find me a quote ill buy it today... will you pay the co-pays?

RealBigga

Banned
Awards
nutrition zone... gaspari myofusion

i could afford health insurance for that price? find me a quote ill buy it today... will you pay the co-pays?
health insurance is difficult when your older, been diagnosed with a health condition or something man. not when your a "healthy" 24 year old male.

but my homeboy job dont offer health insurance and he bought his on his own, came out to about $100/month. $80-140/month would be my guess...

you can always sacrifice some bills like cable n such, get insurance, get checked up then cancel the insurace after they figure out whats up..

its better than band-aiding the unknown man. aint trying to be a dick.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
health insurance is difficult when your older, been diagnosed with a health condition or something man. not when your a "healthy" 24 year old male.

but my homeboy job dont offer health insurance and he bought his on his own, came out to about $100/month. $80-140/month would be my guess...

you can always sacrifice some bills like cable n such, get insurance, get checked up then cancel the insurace after they figure out whats up..

its better than band-aiding the unknown man. aint trying to be a dick.
i have done exactly what you are saying...

this is how i tried using xanax zopiclone seroquel etc etc..... all to no avail.... under a doctors care and with insurance...

none of that worked for me... phenibut does?

im planning on going that route eventually... but when i am better off financially...

RealBigga

Banned
Awards
Phenibut (PHENIBUT)
Non appropriated

Manufacturer:
OLAINFARM
Structure and Composition

Tablets: pack of 20.
1 tab.
250mg Phenibut
Other ingredients:
lactose, starch, calcium stearate.

Registration number №:
tab. 250 mg: 20 pcs. - 010924/05.05.99

Pharmacological action

Tranquilizer, a derivative of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and phenylethylamine. No effect on choline-and adrenergic receptors.
Eliminates tension, anxiety, fear, and improves sleep.
The drug shortens the duration and severity of nystagmus. Has anticonvulsant effect. Phenibut reduces the manifestation of symptoms of fatigue and vazovegetativnye, including headache, feeling of heaviness in the head, irritability, emotional lability, increases mental performance. Attention, memory, speed and accuracy of sensory-motor reactions under the influence of phenibut improved.
It is established that the application of phenibut with traumatic brain injuries, increasing the number of mitochondria in the cells that line the perifocal lesion.
Phenibut also has an antioxidant effect.

Statement

- Asthenic and anxious-neurotic state, accompanied by anxiety, fear, anxiety;
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder;
- Psychopathy;
- Stuttering, enuresis, tics (in children);
- Insomnia, restlessness at night (the elderly);
- Prevention of stress conditions (including before surgery and painful diagnostic studies);
- Abstinence (as part of combination therapy);
- Delirium tremens (in combination therapy);
- Meniere's disease;
- Vertigo associated with vestibular disorders of various origins (including infection, trauma and vascular);
- Prevention kinetoses.

Dosage and administration

Adults appointed inside to eat 250-500 mg 3 times / day. If necessary, the total daily dosage may be increased up to 2.5 g. Children under 8 years is prescribed at 50-100 mg 3 times / day, 8-14 years - 250 mg 3 times / day. The maximum single adult dose is 750 mg for people over 60 years - 500 mg for children under 8 years - 150 mg, 8-14 years - 300 mg. The course of treatment is 4-6 weeks.
For relief of alcohol withdrawal syndrome in the early days of Phenibut treatment prescribed 250-500 mg 3 times a day and 750 mg at night, with a gradual decrease to normal daily dose for adults.
When vertigo vestibular disorders and infectious genesis of Meniere's disease Phenibut prescribed in acute 750 mg 3-4 times / day for 5-7 days, while reducing the severity of vestibular disorders - 250-500 mg 3 times / day for 5 -6 days and then - 250 mg 1 time / day for 5 days. In mild conditions prescribed Phenibut 250 mg 2 times / day for 5-7 days, followed by 250 mg 1 time / day for 7-10 days.
When vertigo vestibular disorders of vascular and traumatic origin appoint Phenibut 250 mg 3 times / day for 12 days.
For prevention of motion sickness administered in a dose of 250-500 mg once daily for 1 hour before the expected start rolling or when the first symptoms of motion sickness. With increasing doses the drug increases. In the event of pronounced manifestations of motion sickness (vomiting) receiving phenibut inside ineffective.
To prevent air sickness Phenibut prescribe a single dose of 250-500 mg for 1 hour before the flight.
If one or more times, on time, had not been adopted yet another dose, then continue treatment for previously designated doses.

Side effect

There are drowsiness and nausea (early treatment).

Contraindications

- Hypersensitivity to the drug.

Pregnancy and lactation

Not advisable to appoint Phenibut during pregnancy, because there are insufficient clinical data on the safety of the drug.

Cautions

With care prescribe a drug for diseases of the digestive tract due to irritation phenibut. In this situation demonstrates the use of smaller doses.
With prolonged use of the drug should be monitored morphological composition of blood and liver function tests.
When combined with other Phenibut psychotropic drugs should reduce the dose of phenibut and other jointly used drugs.
The drug prescription.
Effects on ability to drive and control mechanisms
Patients receiving the drug should refrain from activities in potentially hazardous activities that require quickness of psychomotor reactions.

Terms and Conditions of storage
The drug should be stored in a dry, dark place at temperatures not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf Life - 3 years.

Overdose

Symptoms: drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, renal failure. With prolonged use phenibut at a daily dose of 7-14 g may develop hepatotoxicity (including fatty liver) eosinophilia.
Treatment: gastric lavage, symptomatic and supportive therapy.

Drug Interactions

With simultaneous use of phenibut with tranquilizers and neuroleptics mutually reinforcing effects observed.
With simultaneous use of Phenibut extends and enhances the action of opiates, hypnotics, neuroleptics, and anticonvulsants.
kills digestive tract and liver after awhile.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
kills digestive tract and liver after awhile.
prolonged use at a daily dose of 7-14g MAY develop hepatoxicity... but according do dinoiii this isnt true

broons

Awards
  • Established

Well, not to sound like a dick, but is if you want to know where to find an extra dollar, you could start by cancelling your cable. Unless its really that important to you.

Herm

Awards
that post has got to be one of the most halarious accounts of needing some strange ive ever heard of in my life, When you mentioned your senses being intensified it reminded me of this time that I literally thought I was losing my mind because I was finding myself sexually attracted to women who I didnt actually find physically attractive in any way.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Well, not to sound like a dick, but is if you want to know where to find an extra dollar, you could start by cancelling your cable. Unless its really that important to you.
I'm not looking to do that right now... I'm not looking to get insurance until at least Feb.

Let me be more clear... I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR FOR MY ISSUES..... THEY PRESCRIBED ME:

XANAX- BAD
SEROQUEL- BAD
ZOPICLONE- DIDN'T SLEEP ONE NIGHT
REMERON- AFTER TRYING THIS DRUG, I DECIDED TO STAY HOME AND STOP WASTING MONEY ON **** THAT DOESN'T WORK.

My only option would be to push to get into a sleep study, which I am sure wouldn't be totally covered by insurance or free..... with a possibility of it being inconclusive anyway..... right now, phenibut is working, I fulfill my responsibilities at work(both jobs) and then some....

Going through the whole process again I may just be in the same spot... throwing pillows as hard as I can at night because I just layer in bed awake for 8+ hours

Doesnt anyone understand what I am saying?

Cancelling my cable or dumping my girlfriend aren't going to work..... I am totally close minded to this advice...

I also have unsaid expenses I need to pay on a monthly basis to ensure my freedom (legally) ... I'm really just looking for proof that long term administration of phenibut will be detrimental to my health, my research indicates what I am doing is safe..... generally speaking

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I cant help an illegal imagrant...... Lol jk. Ummm look around on insurances that will let you get a sleep study. If not maybe you could get some research done. Maybe some research departments are looking for someone like you. Only problem is your life is in there hands..... But they might have some usefull information. Or there might be an organization that will pay for everything. benadryl? Tylenol pm? I dunno.... hgh pro.? Or even you could try peptides. Peps knock me right out in awsome deep sleep.

J19891

J19891

Awards
I'm not looking to do that right now... I'm not looking to get insurance until at least Feb.

Let me be more clear... I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR FOR MY ISSUES..... THEY PRESCRIBED ME:

XANAX- BAD
SEROQUEL- BAD
ZOPICLONE- DIDN'T SLEEP ONE NIGHT
REMERON- AFTER TRYING THIS DRUG, I DECIDED TO STAY HOME AND STOP WASTING MONEY ON **** THAT DOESN'T WORK.

My only option would be to push to get into a sleep study, which I am sure wouldn't be totally covered by insurance or free..... with a possibility of it being inconclusive anyway..... right now, phenibut is working, I fulfill my responsibilities at work(both jobs) and then some....

Going through the whole process again I may just be in the same spot... throwing pillows as hard as I can at night because I just layer in bed awake for 8+ hours

Doesnt anyone understand what I am saying?

Cancelling my cable or dumping my girlfriend aren't going to work..... I am totally close minded to this advice...

I also have unsaid expenses I need to pay on a monthly basis to ensure my freedom (legally) ... I'm really just looking for proof that long term administration of phenibut will be detrimental to my health, my research indicates what I am doing is safe..... generally speaking

Basically what you need to do is parce the issue. Phenibut is related to benzos, albeit it not quite as potent. You say you essentially NEED it to function and aren't willing to taper off. It profoundly improves your quality of life, that's the benefit.

On the other hand, it is addictive. How addictive? Less than crack, more than yahtzee. You probably aren't at risk to end up blowing anyone for phenibut, but it's too similar to benzos to be completely written off as harmless. If you've come off harder stuff, you should be fine. It's not ideal, but plenty of people lead lives as functional alcoholics, pack a day smokers, crack feinds, etc. If you're using this to improve your quality of life, more power to you. Just keep the dosage consistent, and try and find a more permanent solution.

relica

Awards
ive been taking phenibut for nearly 4 months as well.
taking it nearly every day 500mg morning and then 500mg 5 hours later.
i take it in combination with zoloft it makes me less irritable at work and more sociable.

ive read some where that phenibut can alter cortisol levels and possibly growth hormone levels as well. might have to do a bit of googling for that info. i cant remember the links.

im sorta worried im messing up my cortisol levels as well as causing some adrenal issues.

apart from that ive had no side effects from it at all.

i use sns 's brand which works awesome have tried primaforce's and higher powers version and they sucked big time :(

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Wow, long term 4g a day phenibut use...I hope when / if you come off of it, you don't have major withdrawal. Regarding long term 'safety'...I doubt it will kill you (directly), but thats as far as I'll go.

I used to use it now and then, but will never forget the first time, slept like a rock, and the next day the 'after glow' was in full effect, was probably the single happiest (mood) day of my life, you could have **** in my shoes and I'd have thought it was hilarious....that feeling, never happened again (which is a common report on phenibut use)

Good luck with your quest for better health.

Clever Mouse

Awards
I used to use it now and then, but will never forget the first time, slept like a rock, and the next day the 'after glow' was in full effect, was probably the single happiest (mood) day of my life, you could have **** in my shoes and I'd have thought it was hilarious....that feeling, never happened again (which is a common report on phenibut use)
Exactly my experience!
I tried phenibut at 2 grams yesterday and I would need 9.5 hours to feel "rested". Kept hitting the snooze button. Otherwise I'm good on 6 hours. Today, mood is good, but nothing euphoric. I'm thinking if I should try 2 grams/day for a week to see the effect.................

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Swollen..

Go to mindandmuscle.net and post a thread in the neuroscience forum. They should be able to offer more insight and help you out a lot better. Members like kassem, funkodysessy, ex dubio, tussman, etc should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Swollen..

Go to mindandmuscle.net and post a thread in the neuroscience forum. They should be able to offer more insight and help you out a lot better. Members like kassem, funkodysessy, ex dubio, tussman, etc should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!
i must spread some reps around before repping u again

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Let me start off by saying i have been an insomniac for a long time, as lng as i can remember... i currenty dont have health insurance, so a sleep study is out of the question for now....

Generally, i can go days without sleeping, usually 1 or 2... then either pass out for 10+hours or cat nap and wake up every 2-3 hours

i have tried EVERYTHING FOR SLEEP

melatonin- i have taken between 1 and 10mg (or micrograms i dont remembr how theyre dosed) - it never had any effect

diphenhydramine- kills test levels, destroyed libido, no good, marginally effective at best

l theanine- again marginally effective at best

ldopa- makes me sleep for about 1 hour and then i get JOLTED out of bed, even with deoxycarbolase inhibitors (EGCG)

xanax- makes me end up in jail, addiction, erratic behavior, helped sleep though

ambien- took it one time, didnt really help at all iirc

remeron- didnt help

seroquel- gained 15lbs of fat in 4 months on this garbage- crap, again marginally effective at best

phenibut- works every time, no questions asked 8 hrs of sleep, sense of well-being etc

GHB- works every time, illegal, too expensive/risky... but it works

to add, i have a slight blepharospasm (eye twitch) that phenibut seems to help- i wake up each morning refreshed (dopamine rebound maybe?)

so what i have been doing, is taking phenibut regularly for about 4 months and i have noticed these benefits

-sleep every night, no questions asked
-increased libido
-wake up motivated, easy to work
-blepharospasm improvement

phenibut has dramatically improved my ability to get up @ 6am and work until 9pm....

i do electric from 630-400 and personal training from 530 ish to 930 at night...

so basically, for not having health insurance, phenibut is a great bandaid for what i hope is not a huge problem.... im aware that one day i will have to taper..... but ihad to taper off welbutrin, celexa, seroquel etc.... and that wasnt TOO bad..

dose is 2g morning and 2g night..... have been dosing this way from august till now- no real signs of tolerance increasing

what im basically asking for is opinions, potential long term benefits/problems/health risks?

thoughts?
From a neurologist: "he needs either clonidine or botox injections, hard to sleep when your eyes are constantly twitching"

" ask him to see a neurologist if he hasnt
the botox is injectred once every 3 months
but can work wonders for his eyes
and his self esteem, etc"