Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used to do it fasted all the time. Caffeine and warmup were key for me. If you have the time, by all means add in your carbs as soon as you can.
^This is a great jumping off point:

I understand people do this because it’s the most time efficient/fastest way to start for any schedule & it works for them, but from a performance perspective this is inferior. It’s mainly good for maximal fat liberation if in a deficit, but even then it’s suboptimal for retaining muscle unless the workout is really quite brief - it’s mainly for overall weightloss.

Now obviously, not digesting anything and having a lump of uselessness in your gut bogging you down is also not optimal, so carb timing and exact fuel sources need to be based on the lifter to allow stable and ready blood sugar.

Something I learned from Mike Mastell’s writing is the idea that you want to be loaded up from the previous day/night’s food, and a heavy breakfast if later in the day, then using super fast carbs that bypass gut digestion to dictate blood sugar levels. This would be done with cyclic dextrin, glucose tabs, and/or honey. Everything else has to move through the gut, so whatever you can get down prior/intra needs to be useable for you.

So a bagel is great, but if Wes walks downstairs immediately after then any peanut butter will almost guarantee a big loss in available energy because pb slows the digestion and as soon as training begins gut motility will also greatly diminish. Needs to stick with jam, a fake butter spray, something fat-free or just naked. But If he is going to train 45 min after eating the bagel, he needs the tbsp of pb or the bagel will already be burning up by the time he’s down with warmup. Fat sources besides nut butters don’t really slow things down the same and mainly just add calories.

Getting tattooed today. I’ll see how worn out I am tonight and decide if I’m getting up early haha. Thanks for all the input. I have intra carb powder to add to my eaas which I sip during. I also will probably slam a bagel with peanut butter pre workout. That is once I actually try this.
My wife usually doesn’t even finish her Belvita cookies, and mainly relies on a scoop of Karbolyn and some EAAs with salt intra. You just need enough in you to keep blood sugar up & muscles hydrated. You don’t want to rely on fat reserves if you care about optimal performance.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^This is a great jumping off point:

I understand people do this because it’s the most time efficient/fastest way to start for any schedule & it works for them, but from a performance perspective this is inferior. It’s mainly good for maximal fat liberation if in a deficit, but even then it’s suboptimal for retaining muscle unless the workout is really quite brief - it’s mainly for overall weightloss.

Now obviously, not digesting anything and having a lump of uselessness in your gut bogging you down is also not optimal, so carb timing and exact fuel sources need to be based on the lifter to allow stable and ready blood sugar.

Something I learned from Mike Mastell’s writing is the idea that you want to be loaded up from the previous day/night’s food, and a heavy breakfast if later in the day, then using super fast carbs that bypass gut digestion to dictate blood sugar levels. This would be done with cyclic dextrin, glucose tabs, and/or honey. Everything else has to move through the gut, so whatever you can get down prior/intra needs to be useable for you.

So a bagel is great, but if Wes walks downstairs immediately after then any peanut butter will almost guarantee a big loss in available energy because pb slows the digestion and as soon as training begins gut motility will also greatly diminish. Needs to stick with jam, a fake butter spray, something fat-free or just naked. But If he is going to train 45 min after eating the bagel, he needs the tbsp of pb or the bagel will already be burning up by the time he’s down with warmup. Fat sources besides nut butters don’t really slow things down the same and mainly just add calories.

My wife usually doesn’t even finish her Belvita cookies, and mainly relies on a scoop of Karbolyn and some EAAs with salt intra. You just need enough in you to keep blood sugar up & muscles hydrated. You don’t want to rely on fat reserves if you care about optimal performance.
Always wanted to try karbolyn for days when I’m in a pinch. Worth the money?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Always wanted to try karbolyn for days when I’m in a pinch. Worth the money?
Yes, definitely. The best traditional carb powder there is IMO, as far as things that kinda have to work through the gut traditionally. Better than Vitargo. They both can clump a little, especially with cold water. But even cyclic dextrin does that sometimes.

Taken a 3 wk break after today
View attachment 216544View attachment 216545
Next session starts color, today was a lot
What color are you going with for the oni? Red?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, definitely. The best traditional carb powder there is IMO, as far as things that kinda have to work through the gut traditionally. Better than Vitargo. They both can clump a little, especially with cold water. But even cyclic dextrin does that sometimes.

Which karbolyn you using? And are you doing the recommended dosing of pre, intra and post? Sorry to hijack

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

The face of the oni will stay black and grey. All of the features will have very bold colors. Honestly, I don’t know what colors. I love this dudes work so I’m letting him have fun and be creative. It’ll work out better this way. He’s super stoked on it so he keeps adding things as we go along.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Which karbolyn you using? And are you doing the recommended dosing of pre, intra and post? Sorry to hijack
We do “Hydrate” because lemon lime flavor goes best with everything. There is no practical difference in them and you should add salt still if you need more electrolyte support; Hydrate is just a marketing gimmick.

I would take what you need and apply it intra and some preWO. Say 50-75g and start drinking prior to training. Post is for just recovery, but at that point literally any food can be used.

The face of the oni will stay black and grey. All of the features will have very bold colors. Honestly, I don’t know what colors. I love this dudes work so I’m letting him have fun and be creative. It’ll work out better this way. He’s super stoked on it so he keeps adding things as we go along.
That sounds like a great plan - let the artist you trust work the vision!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We do “Hydrate” because lemon lime flavor goes best with everything. There is no practical difference in them and you should add salt still if you need more electrolyte support; Hydrate is just a marketing gimmick.

I would take what you need and apply it intra and some preWO. Say 50-75g and start drinking prior to training. Post is for just recovery, but at that point literally any food can be used.

That sounds like a great plan - let the artist you trust work the vision!
Perfect. That was the one I was eyeing and purchased a few hours ago lol

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5am training. Baby steps. I got down there and got the work in, waking up was easy…feeling awake was tough. Scoop of JD and a cap amp citrate did the trick. I trained fasted with carb powder in my intra. I have a problem eating right when I wake up. I’ll keep at it for next time and force something down.

Deadlift
8x135
6x185/225/275
4x315

Db bent over row
8 x75x4

Cs Tbar row
10x45/70/90x2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bird Dogs do a really good job warming me up a little and loosening up my hamstrings, hips, shoulders, wrists, in addition to getting my abs/bracing activated. I always do them before lower body work anymore.

They always really suck to start doing when cold, but that’s how I realized how much they’re doing besides practicing bracing/building ab strength. They do a lot of warmup/loosening over the entire body quickly.

Mentioning this because you’ve had your share of back issues and deadlifting first thing in the morning is extra tough, so could be something to help get you going?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bird Dogs do a really good job warming me up a little and loosening up my hamstrings, hips, shoulders, wrists, in addition to getting my abs/bracing activated. I always do them before lower body work anymore.

They always really suck to start doing when cold, but that’s how I realized how much they’re doing besides practicing bracing/building ab strength. They do a lot of warmup/loosening over the entire body quickly.

Mentioning this because you’ve had your share of back issues and deadlifting first thing in the morning is extra tough, so could be something to help get you going?
I’m going to try that. The hyper makes too much noise for my wife to sleep haha.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m going to try that. The hyper makes too much noise for my wife to sleep haha.
I basically just curse under my held breath half the way through bird dogs because everything feels awful, then when I’m done and panting I realize I’m suddenly a lot warmer and more mobile.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hot in Philly today. Basement was already scorching by 10am. Just wanted to bang out some pressing before I get ready for work.

Military
8x95x3
5x135/155/175
3x195

Btn PL press
10x 1pps x2/ 2pps
3 x 3pps

Pin press - chin level/2 sec pause
1x135x5
1x175x10

Last edited:
wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was in nyc for a few days for my wedding anniversary. While there I decided I really need to get back into it. So rather than getting an extra 1.5hr of sleep before heading back to work I got up at 5am and did some light leg work. Squats felt good but I didn’t wanna push it. I have a follow up appointment with the acupuncturist tomorrow so I wanted to hit them today to see how I feel tomorrow.

Squats
5x135x3/185x2/ 225x2

SL DB dead’s
10x60x3

Cable kickbacks

Hyper leg extensions 20x90x3

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man our anniversaries are close! Congrats and hope it was a great time.

Good to hear you intend to stay active. Sleep is important for physical & mental well being, but so is some kind of routine exercise. You need both to be the best you!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man our anniversaries are close! Congrats and hope it was a great time.

Good to hear you intend to stay active. Sleep is important for physical & mental well being, but so is some kind of routine exercise. You need both to be the best you!
Saw Beetlejuice on broadway. Not one for musicals but this and Book of Mormon are great!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Happy Memorial Day guys.

I started 75mg 3AD this morning. Plan is to throw some 4andro in the mix as well then in about 2wks start msten. I’m back and forth about the msten though, hence why I’m not starting right away.
Todays workout ruled. I’m motivated again. I don’t care about 1rm anymore. I just wanna be an absolute unit haha.

Very high incline
10x95x2
5x135/155/165/185x3

Viking press
10x90/180
8x230x2

Arnold’s
10x25x3

Db shrugs
10x75x3
SS
Close grip CS Tbar
10x45x3

Facepulls
IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get that unit, man

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just took a look at my stash…
Im definitely running the 3AD and TD 4andro. My initial plan was to add 10-20mg msten for 6wks(I have 10mg and 5mg caps) possibly adding DMZ

Then I came across m1a and SD. What do you guys think? Gonna use some oral trest pwo.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just took a look at my stash…
Im definitely running the 3AD and TD 4andro. My initial plan was to add 10-20mg msten for 6wks(I have 10mg and 5mg caps) possibly adding DMZ

Then I came across m1a and SD. What do you guys think? Gonna use some oral trest pwo.
Depends on goals. I feel like SD doesn’t really go well for very long so it’s more of a finisher, so if you want to use an oral for 4+ weeks I feel SD isn’t the right move at any dose for most. I would use the Msten or M1A depending on goals. Msten I feel offers stronger recovery while M1A a bit more temporary strength. As far as size, that depends on your individual response to the compounds.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depends on goals. I feel like SD doesn’t really go well for very long so it’s more of a finisher, so if you want to use an oral for 4+ weeks I feel SD isn’t the right move at any dose for most. I would use the Msten or M1A depending on goals. Msten I feel offers stronger recovery while M1A a bit more temporary strength. As far as size, that depends on your individual response to the compounds.
Yea I think I’ll stick with the msten plan. I’m gonna start very low as I don’t think I’ll need more than 20mg. Also, appetite is most important. I have a feeling I’ll be selling off most of my stash in the near future. Stick gotta give the Boladiol a fair shot though haha.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yea I think I’ll stick with the msten plan. I’m gonna start very low as I don’t think I’ll need more than 20mg. Also, appetite is most important. I have a feeling I’ll be selling off most of my stash in the near future. Stick gotta give the Boladiol a fair shot though haha.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good, man!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Start 10mg Msten today. Plan is to run for 6wks at 20mg hopefully. I also took 40mg trest pwo. I’ll be running the td 4andro and 3AD as well. Went back to 5/3/1 to keep things interesting and me motivated. Doing FSL 3 day split. Nothing crazy today I’m gonna keep my 1RM percentage on the lower end.

Military
5x70/90
3x110
5x115/135/155
10x115
15x115

Viking press
15x90
10x180x2

Lateral raise(db)
10x15/25x2
Facepulls
45 reps
Lateral machine
30 reps

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh, snaps! That Og way back in the day stuff. I loved the labels. They were based on Yugioh cards haha
Just opened this fresh bottle haha. Told you there was more in the stash…

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your stash is commendable my good sir! Speaking of I owe you a free pre still. Next time you plan on putting in an order hit me up directly instead. I’ll get you one at 50% off plus another bottle of your choosing free.
My man, pots and pans!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Squats killed me. I could’ve ended there but I have a goal in mind. Now I’m off to work.

Squats
5x135/160/195/210/245/275
10x210
5x210x3

Single leg extensions (hyper)
20x90x3

Calf raises (leverage squat machine)
15x90x3

Box squats
8x135
5x225x3

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For those who have ran it, what was the most effective dose of msten? I’m currently on day 3 of 10mg. Plan is to go to 20mg, very soon. However, more isn’t always better. Would 10mg for a few weeks be worthless? Again, this will be for 6wks. Currently running
TD 4andro
3AD
Nac
Tudca
P5p