Log...it’s better than bad it’s good

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think all the suggestions here are sound. I even got myself a bottle of Golden which is Ambrosia’s super turmeric. Tendinitis sounds likely here so just nurse it until it’s good to go and you should be solid. Careful training through or even around as you don’t want to prolong recovery.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I had mentioned I had some pain in my left bicep/ elbow area. I was just taking the top off the nutribullet, which was stuck and now the pain is traveling down my forearm. It hurts to make a fist. All my veins in my forearm are popping out. I hit it with the massage gun and took excedrin but it’s throbbing something fierce. Any ideas? @ZOO @Hyde @Renew1
You definitely didn’t tear your bicep. If you pop the tendon from either end you won’t be able to raise your arm. It just won’t work. The muscle will just be hanging limp off the bone at one end. And any partial/muscle belly tears WILL result in bruising. My left is the one I blew the distal tendon off, but I have also had a couple partial tears (one up top & 2 at the distal end before the full tear later) and they bruise and ache.

I used to get bicep tendonitis in one of my arms, can’t remember which, every meet prep years ago from squatting very low bar. It was so bad I would have to wrap up the arm with Equiblock veterinary capsaicin cream under it to finish the meet peaking cycle and just rest it til the meet. Too much torque from holding the bar too low. Now I just don’t put it down so low & no problems But too much torque from hands too close on squats, bar too low, or your shoulder work could be culprits. Or less likely but possible is over-using your grip for lots of work in training.

Do lots of shoulder mobility and bloodflow, use curcumin away from training as mentioned, chill on gripping things for a minute/use some straps, reduce frequency of training with it. Bicep tendonitis will just hang around and worsen if that’s what it is and you don’t remove the culprit stressor.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My post office is backed up 2 months so mk677 might have to wait. I now how 3 packages which idk when they’ll be delivered. I’ll only be ordering from those that offer ups or FedEx in the future

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My post office is backed up 2 months so mk677 might have to wait. I now how 3 packages which idk when they’ll be delivered. I’ll only be ordering from those that offer ups or FedEx in the future
Shoot man, that really sucks. Too bad you can't ship it to a PO Box like a hour or two away and just pick it up from there.

What the heck is going on with the USPS anyway??

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's crazy though because its definitely a regional thing. Like when I ordered from MA Research Chems out of Ohio, my shipment was delayed for days. But when I ordered from Amino Asylum out of Kentucky I believe, it was super fast.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's crazy though because its definitely a regional thing. Like when I ordered from MA Research Chems out of Ohio, my shipment was delayed for days. But when I ordered from Amino Asylum out of Kentucky I believe, it was super fast.
Yea and up until now everything was on time. I also get mail daily

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea and up until now everything was on time. I also get mail daily
I was going to like that last comment, but I don't like you not getting your goodies so I'm not liking that. Fucking pandemic needs to end. This stuff is insane.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was going to like that last comment, but I don't like you not getting your goodies so I'm not liking that. Fucking pandemic needs to end. This stuff is insane.
Haha it’s fine really. Just doesn’t really make sense this late in the game

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was talking with a guy who works at a post office in Pittsburgh and he said most of it is due to people getting sick and then they quarantine everybody they came in contact with so there are major shortages of workers.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was talking with a guy who works at a post office in Pittsburgh and he said most of it is due to people getting sick and then they quarantine everybody they came in contact with so there are major shortages of workers.
My wife just got a package from Usps that was ordered last week hahahahahaha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I live in PA and we need people willing to work bad, the Post Office is understaffed, you don't have to go to work, just say you are afraid of exposure you get unemployment plus a few extra hundred dollars a week and a stimulus check, the government is making it very easy to be lazy and those of us working are footing the bill !! Rant Over !

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rest day today. Arm is still very painful so I might skip my press day Monday and do legs instead. Started 50mg clomid and 4 pumps of laxogenin today. Other than that nothing really to report. I did receive more thick grip dumbbell handles today so after work I did some math on my pancake plates and made some more dumbbells. I know have 20-60s, 70s, 80s and 100s. I’m really stoked on this because before leaving Florida I sold 15-110lb pairs and I haven’t stopped thinking about how dumb that was in hindsight. I sold everything right before COVID and was basically giving it away. Oh well I got it all back now and I’ll never sell my weights again.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Rest day today. Arm is still very painful so I might skip my press day Monday and do legs instead. Started 50mg clomid and 4 pumps of laxogenin today. Other than that nothing really to report. I did receive more thick grip dumbbell handles today so after work I did some math on my pancake plates and made some more dumbbells. I know have 20-60s, 70s, 80s and 100s. I’m really stoked on this because before leaving Florida I sold 15-110lb pairs and I haven’t stopped thinking about how dumb that was in hindsight. I sold everything right before COVID and was basically giving it away. Oh well I got it all back now and I’ll never sell my weights again.
I hear you man. My buddy did the same, he was a CrossFiter (bless his heart) and ended up giving it up after several injuries just made lifting unbearable. He sold all his stuff for pennies on the dollar right wrote COVID. We always laugh he could have tripled or quadrupled his initial investment if he’d waited a few months more to sell.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
At work just now while approaching my table
(Husband to wife)
“This dude is a god damn power lifter!”
“How do you know”
“He’s rock solid!!!”

He was probably mid 60s and yoked. My day is made haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
(Husband to wife)
“How do you know”
“He’s rock solid!!!”

We all love to have our hard work noticed and our ego's stroked !! Your next workout is going to be great !!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
(Husband to wife)
“How do you know”
“He’s rock solid!!!”

Badass! ...Got that ‘on look’ from the m1a....Husband dude woulda had a better time if you sat down and talked lifting etc.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha we did and what our setups look like
Those are some of my favorite conversations. It’s interesting to see what equipment is important for each person (besides the staples of course). Plus, it’s just fun talking about gym equipment haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yea and shes cooking and blasting punk
If I didn’t have an ice pack on my recovering nuts right now this story probably would have given me a boner - happy for you guys!

My wife gave me the Vday treatment the night before my snip the other day, so I’m not complaining

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am very lucky in the wife department also !!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You out by Lancaster?
A dude has a “Body Solid leverage squat rack” in Lanc. for $500 on Craigslist...looks like it might fit in your space...

(Not affiliated, just a random CL find....I like to windowshop 🤷‍♂️)

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A dude has a “Body Solid leverage squat rack” in Lanc. for $500 on Craigslist...looks like it might fit in your space...

(Not affiliated, just a random CL find....I like to windowshop 🤷‍♂️)
I actually saw that. You live in PA too?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have family there...and was browsing’

*clean that thing up and spray paint it matte black like the rest of the equipment...
It’s just a large blueprint and I have room for 2 more pieces...reverse hyper and _______

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have family there...and was browsing’

*clean that thing up and spray paint it matte black like the rest of the equipment...
I actually brought a body solid leverage squat pre covid for the gym I owned. Had been stored in a leaking shed so was rusty and looked shite. I got it for about $70

brushed it down with a wire brush, tighten/sorted the fixings, painted with hammerite hammered black paint and it looked the bomb. Great piece of kit. Gutted I sold it so cheap to be honest (along with 2 concept rowers, a full set of life fitness strength machines, a cable crossover, 2 benches and a hack squat, all for less than $2.5k in the middle of the first uk lockdown 🙄🙄)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually brought a body solid leverage squat pre covid for the gym I owned. Had been stored in a leaking shed so was rusty and looked shite. I got it for about $70

brushed it down with a wire brush, tighten/sorted the fixings, painted with hammerite hammered black paint and it looked the bomb. Great piece of kit. Gutted I sold it so cheap to be honest (along with 2 concept rowers, a full set of life fitness strength machines, a cable crossover, 2 benches and a hack squat, all for less than $2.5k in the middle of the first uk lockdown )
Just try to appreciate the charity you bestowed on some other lucky bloke. You did God’s work that day

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just try to appreciate the charity you bestowed on some other lucky bloke. You did God’s work that day
I was like a god damn angel that day 😂

to be fair the guy rocked up with a couple of massive vans and shifted it hassle free and quick for me (which given my personal circumstances is what I needed).

ive kept in touch with him (he sells new and used equipment so you never know, maybe I’ll get a deal on one of those torque tanks in a month or so)

@wfreiling theres an addition for your home set up. A torque tank 👌

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to look up what a Torque Tank was !! :ROFLMAO:

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was like a god damn angel that day

to be fair the guy rocked up with a couple of massive vans and shifted it hassle free and quick for me (which given my personal circumstances is what I needed).

ive kept in touch with him (he sells new and used equipment so you never know, maybe I’ll get a deal on one of those torque tanks in a month or so)

@wfreiling theres an addition for your home set up. A torque tank
I saw the garage gym reviews of this, it’s dope but I definitely don’t have the runway. I’m gonna start doing farmers down my block when the weather is warmer and my wife’s not home.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw the garage gym reviews of this, it’s dope but I definitely don’t have the runway. I’m gonna start doing farmers down my block when the weather is warmer and my wife’s not home.
The neighbors will tell on you!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was a press day and my arm was feeling alright all day so I did what any stubborn dude would, hit a volume pr. Anyway, pressing went great. I’m definitely feeling some pain now but it’ll be ok. Took my newly made dumbbells for a ride on military too. Did reps of 7s because no one ever does this and I’m weird. (These numbers reflect the plates not the total weight with handles and hardware so I’m guessing they’re about 3lb heavier.) Also did some light weight
IMG_8687.JPG
IMG_8689.JPG
volume Viking press which is just fun. So far I’m feeling great on day 3 of pct and I don’t know what to expect from the TD laxo but if it happens I’ll let you know haha.

Very High incline
5x95, 120
3x145,165, 190
8x215 volume pr

Military db press
10x25s
8x40, 60s
7x70x3

Viking press
12x85x3

Facepulls 5sets
Db reverse flyes w/ 25s

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a press day and my arm was feeling alright all day so I did what any stubborn dude would, hit a volume pr. Anyway, pressing went great. I’m definitely feeling some pain now but it’ll be ok. Took my newly made dumbbells for a ride on military too. Did reps of 7s because no one ever does this and I’m weird. (These numbers reflect the plates not the total weight with handles and hardware so I’m guessing they’re about 3lb heavier.) Also did some light weight View attachment 202462View attachment 202463volume Viking press which is just fun. So far I’m feeling great on day 3 of pct and I don’t know what to expect from the TD laxo but if it happens I’ll let you know haha.

Very High incline
5x95, 120
3x145,165, 190
8x215 volume pr

Military db press
10x25s
8x40, 60s
7x70x3

Viking press
12x85x3

Facepulls 5sets
Db reverse flyes w/ 25s
Lookin great man. Shoulders look awesome 🤘

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got some big traps !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can hear her
“Can you not walk down the block gruntin shirtless, carrying heavy ****. You already look like a murderer”
I did farmers and yoke down our street last summer...the neighbors usually ask what it is when they take walks or are mowing and go, “Well that’s neat - you have fun!” or something. Nobody really minds when you are friendly to them.

Got some big traps !!
Must be synthol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did farmers and yoke down our street last summer...the neighbors usually ask what it is when they take walks or are mowing and go, “Well that’s neat - you have fun!” or something. Nobody really minds when you are friendly to them.

Must be synthol
Maybe you could ask them to help you carry it ?