wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pull day.
Back and side have been feeling great so I decided to see how deadlifts felt. They went smooth and painless. Worked up to a 405 single, which I honestly can’t remember the last time I attempted this. Went for 455 right after but stopped before it even came up. I think I psyched myself out and became scared of the weight. Best to leave it for another day.

Deadlift
6x135/225/275/315
1x365/405

Barbell rows(from the floor)
10x135
6x185x3

CS db rows
10x45x2
6x65

Cs tbar row
10x45x3
6x90x2

Single arm CS seated row
10x35x3
IMG_0793.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should I buy the Titan Yukon Bar(duffalo)?
Go
I almost did this morning. By all reviews it’s the probably the best option before going 3x+ price for a Duffalo Bar.

Local gym owner had a used one for sale and I told him 120 but he wanted 170 used. He did sell it, not sure what for, but that’s just too close to new prices for me.

If you have rewards points it could be a good time. Can’t remember if your shoulder machine or CSR are from them.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the pain-free pull! Smart to leave it for another day, we’re training for the biggest weights, not just today!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do have points haha. Also, got some supp cash waiting on PayPal

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
$200. Points covered shipping. I had $200 in PayPal though haha
Ugh, I didn’t realize they had a points system and never created an account. Probably missed out on pretty good discount by now 🤦‍♂️

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ugh, I didn’t realize they had a points system and never created an account. Probably missed out on pretty good discount by now 🤦‍♂️
Contact customer service via email, they’ve added points for me in the past when I forgot to login

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Contact customer service via email, they’ve added points for me in the past when I forgot to login
Yes this; there system had eaten my points before but not applied them and they were super cool and fast to throw a bunch back in there. If you have an order number, they will take care of you. They are like Amazon and really try to put the customer first without many questions asked.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Impromptu leg day. Haven’t used the Texas squat in a while and honestly I prefer my power bars.
Squats just feel right lately. Next week I’m just gonna try some heavy singles. The volume is definitely a nice change of pace.

Squat (Texas squat bar)
10x145/195
6x235/285
3x325/375
1x405
10x235 (burnout)

Rackpulls (above knee)
10x225
8x315
6x365x2

Leg extensions (hyper)
20x90x3

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fun day before I try some singles next week. The high reps in the beginning gassed me by the time I got the weight up.

Bench
10x95/135/185/225
5x275
1x305(just wasn’t there today)

Cambered multi grip incline
8x135x2
5x185x2

Rolling tricep cambered multi grip
10x65x4

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How did you like the rolling skulls? Hits the lats like a light pullover and let’s you use more weight on the tricep lockout.
I like them a lot. Gonna go heavier next time. Had a weird sensation in my left hand.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
1x305(just wasn’t there today)
I don't think many would consider that to be disappointing after that much volume, especially after that recent 325 just a month ago. Looks like you're killing it! What are you hoping/aiming for on those heavy singles next week?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think many would consider that to be disappointing after that much volume, especially after that recent 325 just a month ago. Looks like you're killing it! What are you hoping/aiming for on those heavy singles next week?
I’m going to try 335 if I’m feeling

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Got ahead of myself this week. Pulled 405 pretty effortlessly and thought I could do about 435 this week. Little reminder to myself that I haven’t deadlifted in a while and that 405 was probably a PR as it is. Oh well.

What’s really bothering me is my Yukon bar has stopped transit in Maryland and I leave for vacation Sunday. This is only hours away, however it hasn’t moved since Friday.

Deadlift
5x135/225
3x275
1x315/365/415(nope)

Cambered multi grip rows
10x65
8x95
6x135x3

CS tbar row
10x45x2/90

Ss

Seated CS row
10x35ea x2/60ea

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have a neighbor you trust to get it when it comes?

Mine stopped an hour from my house for 2-3 more days after the big snow we had last week. And I know your weather is much worse than ours here, so they’re probably playing mega catch-up.

It’s not usually a good idea to pull near maximally 2 weeks in a row, speaking generally.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, that won’t help you get stronger, just risk your back. Singles with such low volume cannot build. You need quality work with impeccable form that doesn’t push your back into a risk for re-injury. You need to lift well within your current means.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t but if worse comes to worse I’ll ask a coworker.

Also, I got bull headed as I do. I knew this was a bad idea but said…I’m just gonna try it. That’s the downfall of training alone I guess. Normally, a training partner would’ve told me I’m dumb

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t but if worse comes to worse I’ll ask a coworker.

Also, I got bull headed as I do. I knew this was a bad idea but said…I’m just gonna try it. That’s the downfall of training alone I guess. Normally, a training partner would’ve told me I’m dumb
That’s how I’ve wrecked myself over and over again in the past. Now I’m getting older and wiser-ish??? Prudence within reason.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yukon bar is the sh@t! After my top single I was about to just end for the day. I’m beat from work today but excited to have this bar. It feels so natural across your back.

Squats (Yukon bar)
6x140/190/230
3x260/280/320
1x350/390/410

Leg extensions (hyper)
20x90x3
Lying leg curls (hyper)
15x90x2

IMG_0842.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did it feel like a pretty natural transition? Looks like you felt pretty strong with it.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did it feel like a pretty natural transition? Looks like you felt pretty strong with it.
Only weird part was unracking. I gotta lower the j-cups next time. Yes, it felt perfect.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Angry about what’s going on in the Ukraine. Wife is Ukrainian with family there. Put that hate into this workout.

Was thinking 335 as my top single. I think 3 perfect singles of 315 is better. Yukon bar provides the craziest stretch at the bottom. Love this thing. Going away on Sunday until Friday night. See y’all in a week.

Bench
3x95/135/165/195/225/275
1x295/315x3

Bench (Yukon)
10x140
8x190
5x225x3

Seated shoulder press
10 x2pps x3

Overhead cable rope extensions
40reps

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good man. Hope the trip is good! I know everyone around here is upset with Russia’s actions, and the prospect of unnecessary violence. Especially after the recent years we’ve all shared.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good, and my wife is going to hate you for selling me on the Yukon.

F

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I’m starting a cycle of M1a/3ad with an epistane finisher. After talking to @Hyde about that and my training I’ve taken his suggestions to take my strength to the next level.
I’m running 5/3/1 and today was my pull day for week 3. Note- I’ve substituted rackpulls for deadlifts and seated military for ohp. Deadlifts don’t agree with a lingering sciatic issue and my basement ceiling is too short for ohp.

Pwo - 2 scoops juice daddy w/ 5g creatine mono
100mg 3ad
30mg M1a

Workout
Rackpulls 5x120/150/180/230, 3x260, 4x290

Bents over rows with cambered multigrip football bar - 5 x115

Squats - 135x10x3
135(with 50lb chains per side) x8x3
Through in some latpulldowns and some weighted cable lunges at the end as well
Starting weight is 191.4lb
@ZOO @Humbl3 @BloodManor
I like epi, and I like 5/3/1

I'll be reading lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m not gonna lie. It’s amazing. I didn’t even plan on using it today haha
Agreed. Thanks again for the recommendation. It’s a great addition.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed. Thanks again for the recommendation. It’s a great addition.
Just got caught up on your log. I’m glad you’re finding it as useful as me. I also agree that’ll it get used much more than my multi grip bar.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just showed my wife Luke Stoltman log pressing 470lb
“I mean I guess that’s impressive but he’s kinda cheating using those little cubbie holes for his hands”
“So you’re saying he should grip an entire log”
“I mean I thought this was world’s strongest man, I feel like you could do that…”

Some people just don’t get it. She’s lucky she’s my wife.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just showed my wife Luke Stoltman log pressing 470lb
“I mean I guess that’s impressive but he’s kinda cheating using those little cubbie holes for his hands”
“So you’re saying he should grip an entire log”
“I mean I thought this was world’s strongest man, I feel like you could do that…”

Some people just don’t get it. She’s lucky she’s my wife.
🤣. She isn’t wrong. Fuggin cheaters!!!!