Lipotropic Protein review LG Sciences - Best value I know of!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you get Vanilla, you can make this: ;)

Ok new recipe - Blueberry Lipotropic Pancakes:

What you will need:

- 1.5 cups blueberries (115 cals/25g carbs/1.5g fat/1.5g protein)
- 9 eggs (630 cals/9g carbs/40.5g fat/54g protein)
- 9 scoops Vanilla Lipotropic Protein (1305 cals/27g carbs/18g fat/225g protein)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (40 cals/2 carbs/4.5g fats/4g protein)
- About 15 dashes of Cinnamon (at your preference)

Total - 2090 cals/63g carbs/64.5g fat/284.5

Throw it all into a blender and blend it up nice and smooth (takes a little bit of work), spray down pan with butter spray, and pour on. Bake for 20 mins. I split it up into 9 portions, which comes out to 32g protein/232 cals/7g carbs/7g fat. I add in a small handful of almonds to complete the snack.

Once I have separated my slice, I add 2 tbs of sugar free Cary's syrup (considered a free food at this measurement). This meal is intended as a snack or whenever you crave a cheat food. Servings are dependent on one's caloric needs, goals, etc.

gonna give this a try. thanks metroba!

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stop posting pictures of cake!!! I'm getting hungry, in fact I just drooled on my expensive computer. Thanks a lot! ;)

..although I gotta admit that cake looks like it's dying..

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just used the original cake recipe, but instead of microwaving it i cooked it pancake style.

i think pancake style is much better, i get a touble toasty side, and i can make it a lil creamy in the middle too, and have total control of the cooking time.

ill still use both the microwave and frying pan though, i do get lazy there is more stuff to clean with pancake style.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just used the original cake recipe, but instead of microwaving it i cooked it pancake style.

i think pancake style is much better, i get a touble toasty side, and i can make it a lil creamy in the middle too, and have total control of the cooking time.

ill still use both the microwave and frying pan though, i do get lazy there is more stuff to clean with pancake style.
i can't believe i have never tried that before.:cheers:

Reactions: ax1
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I make mine with the CPB one and it is a tasty bedtime snack. I need to get a plastic microwave safe bowl so it cooks more evenly though otherwise it is bomb-diggity. I need to get on to try the pancake recipe, that looks to me to be excellent. Vanilla Lipo on my next order FOR SURE!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I make mine with the CPB one and it is a tasty bedtime snack. I need to get a plastic microwave safe bowl so it cooks more evenly though otherwise it is bomb-diggity. I need to get on to try the pancake recipe, that looks to me to be excellent. Vanilla Lipo on my next order FOR SURE!
i almost always get vanila flavored protein-it's way more versatile.:cheers:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i almost always get vanila flavored protein-it's way more versatile.:cheers:
Keep rubbing it in big Tom... it is my next purchase, I would like to change it up as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Keep rubbing it in big Tom... it is my next purchase, I would like to change it up as well.
well....you can add almost anything to vanilla. coffee/chrystal light-hell you name it.:cheers:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I was getting ready to order this stuff but the reviews at NP say it taste horrible. Has anything been improved as for as taste goes?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was getting ready to order this stuff but the reviews at NP say it taste horrible. Has anything been improved as for as taste goes?
i didn't try the 1st version, but this latest version tastes great!!! i think several people have commented on how much better it tastes now!!! :cheers:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
i didn't try the 1st version, but this latest version tastes great!!! i think several people have commented on how much better it tastes now!!! :cheers:
Cool, I'll order it. Thanks T.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
n/p-i really like the taste of the vanilla-it's the only one i've tried. :cheers:
I always go vanilla. Well... there was the occasional chocolate but that's for another thread.:naughty:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always go vanilla. Well... there was the occasional chocolate but that's for another thread.:naughty:
haha-that's funny.

you can't go wrong with the lipo-vanilla. :cheers:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The blend was changed a while back (after those reviews) and it does taste MUCH MUCH better now.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im happy I never tried the original, or I may have never tried the newer version.

I think everybody should give Lipo 1 shot.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im happy I never tried the original, or I may have never tried the newer version.

I think everybody should give Lipo 1 shot.
It took some very solid reviews from those I trust here to get me to try it again after the OG version; trust me when I say you did not miss out with the first version. Kind of like the original AS, AS-GT is on a whole new level.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The blend was changed a while back (after those reviews) and it does taste MUCH MUCH better now.
They aren't even remotely in the same league. The new version isn't just better, it's awesome.

Terencec

Awards
Did everyone get the new revamped flavors , because I just got my vanilla from bodybuilding today and I took one sip and promptly emptied my shake down the sink and walked outside and threw the jug in the garbage.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did everyone get the new revamped flavors , because I just got my vanilla from bodybuilding today and I took one sip and promptly emptied my shake down the sink and walked outside and threw the jug in the garbage.
what does your ingredient label say?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just the ingredient profile and a big vanilla sticker on top. Are you looking for anything in particular.
yes....the ingredients please. list the protein contents under ingrediants, dont worry about aminos and all that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup, list the protein sources in the order on the label. BTW, don't toss the jug, geez, lol.

BOSSisback82

BOSSisback82

Awards
I agree 100%...lipotropic protein is the best value out there. The taste isn't my favorite but it's definitely doable. I know it's good protein because from cheap whey concentrate I get major gas and I get none with this stuff. I get 2 5lb. containers for 26.95 each and couldn't be happier. I don't ever see myself buying different protein.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think the toxic poisons emanating from bodybuilding....com have affected your taste buds. i recommend no contact with that site for at least a week-then try the lipo again.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think the toxic poisons emanating from bodybuilding....com have affected your taste buds. i recommend no contact with that site for at least a week-then try the lipo again.

LOL!!! :D

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just contacted the administrator,

we should have this garbage thread deleted soon.

Terencec

Awards
It is what it is, got it from bodybuilding.c@m and it tasted like crap. I digged it out the Trash.

And the protein list goes as this. Protein Blend; (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Genus Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Protein Isolate, Micellar Casien) Taurin, Insulin, Betaine Anhydrous, Letchin, Natural and Artifical Flavors, Acesulfame K, Sucralose.

And if anyone is doubting I would be more than happy to email over my shipping invoice.

I got hardcore taste buds, but this stuff is undrinkable.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is what it is, got it from bodybuilding.c@m and it tasted like crap. I digged it out the Trash.

And the protein list goes as this. Protein Blend; (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Genus Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Protein Isolate, Micellar Casien) Taurin, Insulin, Betaine Anhydrous, Letchin, Natural and Artifical Flavors, Acesulfame K, Sucralose.

And if anyone is doubting I would be more than happy to email over my shipping invoice.

I got hardcore taste buds, but this stuff is undrinkable.
Its ok man....not everybody digs it. Thats the newer version.

How did you make yours? If you used water, did you try using very little water?

Did you try making cake? Perhaps you can use it for cake and not let it go to waste.

Terencec

Awards
Its ok man....not everybody digs it. Thats the newer version.

How did you make yours? If you used water, did you try using very little water?

Did you try making cake? Perhaps you can use it for cake and not let it go to waste.
I am going to blend it with my other protein ( I still like the ingredient profile), maybe its just one of the things that hits me the wrong way flavor wise. Everyone is different.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Terence, give it another shot. I had tried the original version, and it was nasty. When I tried the new one, I kind of cringed, and my first sip of the vanilla really threw me off. I was kind of expecting the nasty, and I was expecting a traditional vanilla. It took me 2 sips to figure out that 1) it tasted good, and 2) it tastes like more than vanilla. It's a malted milk flavor, really nice, like Ovaltine.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Yeah no need to waste protein bro. Mix with another or use a different base (coffee, juice, etc) to mask whats bothering you. Honestly it did take a few to get used to it. After my first tub, I used up some of my bulk whey I had sittin around and realized how sweet and bitter (if that makes sense) after using Lipo. Nothing is ever gonna taste like a 5 scoop ice cream shake with hot fudge, vanilla, peanut butter :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol, glad to help! I'm a coffee roaster, and my palate is pretty well developed from cupping samples. :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's actually my business, but yes, it's fun as well. :D A total of 1378 orders since 2006, and growing. :)

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I just recieved my Lipo Protein, how much water per scoop? :think:

All better now.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
the first time i tried this i was thrown off by the vegetable like flavor. but seriously, this stuff has grown on me fast and i LOVE the flavor. very unique and i dont think this is something i would get tired of as fast as i have to other proteins. also usually after i drink protein its like i just drank some water, doesnt make me any less hungry. this stuff actually helps me fill up a little, so im not immediately hungry. good stuff!

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone actually noticed increased fat burning vs other protein (ie whey).

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go ahead and bump this because after a month of it sitting in my closet I actually got around the trying it!

I've always used Dymatize Elite Gourmet because of the price, profile and taste so I was hesitant to switch proteins but this thread got me thinking... So I bought a jug of the chocolate liptropic and had my first glass last night. 1 scoop mixed with 6 ounces of cold water and I was EXTREMELY pleased with how easily it mixed up. I just used a fork and swirled it around a few times and there was not a single clump, something that Dymatize usually leaves behind. It was very smooth going down and the taste was pleasant, it wasn't overwhelming or too artificial like other proteins. I used the chocolate and for some reason it tasted as if it had a hint of coffee flavoring but that didn't bother me. I can tell I'm going to be very pleased with this for the next month or so...

So I guess I'll do a mini review while I'm in here:

price - 9/10
taste - 7/10
mixibility - 10/10

Very happy with this purchase, thanks LG and thanks OP for starting this thread, without it I probably wouldn't have given this a shot.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to go ahead and bump this because after a month of it sitting in my closet I actually got around the trying it!

I've always used Dymatize Elite Gourmet because of the price, profile and taste so I was hesitant to switch proteins but this thread got me thinking... So I bought a jug of the chocolate liptropic and had my first glass last night. 1 scoop mixed with 6 ounces of cold water and I was EXTREMELY pleased with how easily it mixed up. I just used a fork and swirled it around a few times and there was not a single clump, something that Dymatize usually leaves behind. It was very smooth going down and the taste was pleasant, it wasn't overwhelming or too artificial like other proteins. I used the chocolate and for some reason it tasted as if it had a hint of coffee flavoring but that didn't bother me. I can tell I'm going to be very pleased with this for the next month or so...

price - 9/10
taste - 7/10
mixibility - 10/10

Very happy with this purchase, thanks LG and thanks OP for starting this thread, without it I probably wouldn't have given this a shot.
Nice! glad you enjoyed it..LG's multi blend is spot on, cost/profile is top notch. I will say say to try the Chocolate peanut buttercup! its outta this frigging world bro!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Major Update:

Finally just got my Vanilla Lipo today,

If chocolate's taste is an 8 vanilla is a easy 9. If the texture was thicking with plain water its an easy 10.

I cannot believe how much I love the vanilla, maybe its because I need a change, but Im in love with this vanilla flavor. Has a nutty kinda taste, very natural.

Nice job LG!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established

price - 9/10
taste - 7/10
mixibility - 10/10

Thx for the review TBarrows..

Waitin for that Vanilla myself! Cant wait to try.