LG Sciences 2013 - The real story

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi all, this is Eric. It's been quite a while since I have been on here and it's been a crazy two years. During the past year not one person besides myself has kept their job, including my partner Warren. Every single employee has been replaced. Why?

If you know me, you will probably know I am a pretty generous person. I have probably sent free supplements to half this board! My folly was to be too nice to people and try to have a happy work environment. Oh well, live and learn right?

That all to say that I am back and alone in leading this thing. No longer saddled by people who are takers, I am going to rebuild as much as possible LG.

I am thinking of doing something radical. I am thinking of doing an open source company of sorts...

I want build a user base that will design, improve and promote our line of supplements. This unique because I spent the past year contracting with a state of the art manufacturing plant. Thus, I can make pretty much any supplement on the planet.

Now, I want to set the expectations straight, this isn't a "tell me what to do and I make it " system, it's going to be split up into segments that all people can work on.

There will be certain teams such as:

Prohormones

PCT

Preworkout

Basics

Book

Being on these open source projects will give you access to many things. You will have access to raw materials, our two biochemists, my database of papers, flavoring and marketing... we can try various concepts, but the ultimate goal is to make these products a staple brand.

LG has always stood for quality and integrity and we want team members that will contribute to this and be part of the organization.

There will be those that oppose us, but I really don't care what other people think...for people who want to be part of something meaningful this may be your chance.

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
PM sent. Very interested.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I used to love LG. You were one of premier suppliers during the peak PH era. Nearly everything you produced worked. To be honest I haven't noticed much from you latest line of supplements.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I used to love LG. You were one of premier suppliers during the peak PH era. Nearly everything you produced worked. To be honest I haven't noticed much from you latest line of supplements.
I think the point of his post is that things are going to be different from now on...sounds good to me Eric

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you posting Eric. Sorry to hear about the prior employees only taking and not giving what they should. Glad to see you have turned it around though.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I wouldn't say it is turned around. I spent the last 4 hours on the bank trying to track down a rogue credit card...

It's been a tough road and all I can say is this:

Trust no one...or better yet trust but verify often.

Always trust your gut...if something seems wrong it probably is

Growth isn't always a good thing!

Other than that we have good packaging, solid products and a good message. I am just trying to get things moving in the right direction so I can establish LG as a brand again.

Like I said, I am open to ideas on products but I am going to need a lot of help getting things right. I don't always make perfect decisions and also a lot of this business is grass roots with guys like you.

I noticed that when I entered law school and couldn't spend as much time on AM and other boards, that we really suffered. I am still in law school but I realize that being here and interacting with friends and enemies alike is important to the business. So I will be here as often as possible.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I wouldn't say it is turned around. I spent the last 4 hours on the bank trying to track down a rogue credit card...

It's been a tough road and all I can say is this:

Trust no one...or better yet trust but verify often.

Always trust your gut...if something seems wrong it probably is

Growth isn't always a good thing!

Other than that we have good packaging, solid products and a good message. I am just trying to get things moving in the right direction so I can establish LG as a brand again.

Like I said, I am open to ideas on products but I am going to need a lot of help getting things right. I don't always make perfect decisions and also a lot of this business is grass roots with guys like you.

I noticed that when I entered law school and couldn't spend as much time on AM and other boards, that we really suffered. I am still in law school but I realize that being here and interacting with friends and enemies alike is important to the business. So I will be here as often as possible.

All very true points. Well i know there will definitely be people willing to help!

Interaction is huge in my opinion. I know it can be hard but if consumers can interact with the owner of a company they seem more willing to spend their hard earned money, so long as the owner isnt shady etc etc.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to see you back. Been pretty absent myself over the last year, but still keep in tabs with those outside the forums. Nice to see Chris and Josh still around as well - Chris, email! Have been a supporter of Eric since first interactions several years ago - you have those few you trust and who will always just say it as it is. Definitely agree with Josh in that owner/designer interaction is important with consumers, because it gives them a chance to get it from the source, and if that cannot happen, a team who is knowledgeable and available in the same way is an asset. Look forward to seeing how things work :)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Really like your positive attitude Eric especially coming from the CEO of a well known company

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel your pain with law school. It's brutal.

You sent me free protein last year and I shared it with my roommates and everyone loved it. I wish it was more widely available. I know PHs are really your company's base, but that flavoring was delicious .

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
I feel your pain with law school. It's brutal.

You sent me free protein last year and I shared it with my roommates and everyone loved it. I wish it was more widely available. I know PHs are really your company's base, but that flavoring was delicious .

I had many customers at my old shop that loved the protein too. As soon as I let them know that I was not able to get anymore for the time being it was gone it a day.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, we were visionaries with the pea protein blends. The problem was the taste was not consistent enough and that was a pea protein thing (all manufactures had the same issue). By the time we got it all straightened out the price tripled! It's good quality protein and super clean.

Lots of good stuff coming. Stronger Natadrol (more actives and switched to tablets). A couple of PH's possibly...

The big announcement for the brand will be later today!

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, we were visionaries with the pea protein blends. The problem was the taste was not consistent enough and that was a pea protein thing (all manufactures had the same issue). By the time we got it all straightened out the price tripled! It's good quality protein and super clean.

Lots of good stuff coming. Stronger Natadrol (more actives and switched to tablets). A couple of PH's possibly...

Awesome!! Eric looking forward to it. Especially the stronger natadrol. I've been saying this for years. But natadrol is hands down my favorite natty supplement.

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you are trucking ahead! Natabolic stack was one of my favorite supplement stacks, can't wait for the new natadrol and new products.

Just kind of wondering how this open source thing will work? I am a chemical engineer, and have always wanted to dabble in this sort of thing...

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Super excited to see you back!! You've definitely got my support! Any possibility of pulling some of the Taurus line into LG? I loved Wyked!!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah, I am kinking around the wyked, but without the DMAA it's going to change a bit. Still, my favorite preworkout.

As far as how to get involved. Send me a PM and I will give you my yahoo IM. Basically, as we move forward there is an opportunity to optimize and create new supplements. New ideas, refining of packaging, refining of marketing etc... I only want one project at a time, so I am looking for people that want to really be part of something. :)

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
PM sent, I hope you read and can respond.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Awesome! I used to love you guys. Well now my love is growing again hopefully lol.

Stronger Natadrol sounds AWESOME!!

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Glad to hear about the improved version of natadrol. I never gave that one a fair run but I know it has a loyal following and those folks were disappointed to learn of it's retirement. Great news!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im looking forward to the stronger natadrol as i loved the original.

Looking forward to LG really putting themselves back on the scene!

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Eric,
Not sure if you have checked your FLOOD of PM's but please least give me a notification if mine was read.
Thank you,

-Kyle

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
wow sorry to hear about your company eric. Admit-tingly I haven't used too many of LG's products as I never really got into the pro-h fad, but I did use the EAA product you guys had out. I admire the way you guys kept your products affordable, always had the most competitive prices for your protein, eaa's, and preworkout. If you need any help writing sport-specific type training articles then i'd always be willing to lend a hand.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eric,
Not sure if you have checked your FLOOD of PM's but please least give me a notification if mine was read.
Thank you,

-Kyle
Eric is a very busy man, give him some time.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This is all awesome to hear!

Hope everything works for the best Eric.

I'm ready to see what LG has to offer, I can't say I've used much of your previous products but I am very excited for a stronger natadrol.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Its good to see you taking control of LG and rebuilding the brand, you got a lot of supporters here on the board, I'll help out as much as I can!

Good to see Chris, Josh and Rosie are all here ;)

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, give me a few days to get back to everyone that is offering to help! I am knee deep in law school case briefs. So much to do for so limited time.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, give me a few days to get back to everyone that is offering to help! I am knee deep in law school case briefs. So much to do for so limited time.
What classes? I could probably PM you some

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Good news to see you back Eric!

Hoping this new move for lg kicks ass!
I'm here to support you mate.

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
Now I understand that you are looking for new better products, but are you satisfied with the current lineup or would you like to make changes to that as well.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would like to make some minor changes to the current line. I want to redesign Wyked and release it but I am not sure what to do without the DMAA. Maybe I will try some with Dendrobium.

More drama yesterday...my accountant couldn't work with our CPA and quit opposed to have a 1 hour meeting with the CPA. I couldn't make that up...she was super nice and a hard worker.

So, just be patient.

To refine my ideas...I would like to have a person each work with me on a product that they believe in and want to help improve and promote. They will have input on the product and the marketing of course they need to be sane about it! I want people that really want to be part of something and I only want people that believe in the products. A person can also suggest a product from soup to nuts but it has to of course make sense!

Thanks for all of the good wishes and for being patient. Running everything by myself is tough but I hope that I can bring LG back to a place where people were proud to be a part of it!

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
I have no doubt we can make this happen. I for one am excited at the opportunity here. This is gonna be good, I can tell.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditch the liquid everything and focus on Natadrol 2.0. My wallet awaits.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keeping the Wyked is an excellent idea!!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also enjoyed Postal. Great for a bulking period.

NZ.Alistair

Awards
Hi Eric, I'm new to the site & unable to send you a PM about getting on board until i make 10 posts, but that said, I've been interested in your products for some time now. I think they are great & would love to help you to promote this new line of products & help you regain market share with credible products.

I live in Australia, so it can be tough getting our hands on decent products. Heres hoping this new range gets here in line with your US releases.

Again so good to you've started a new & with a new team to help you in your quest.

Cheers,
Alistair

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Thank you for all the support guys, stay tuned for a new chapter in the LG saga....

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for all the support guys, stay tuned for a new chapter in the LG saga....
Can't wait. When should will we see some new products?

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
I could throw out a time frame but as we all have seen so many times the release date type announcement almost always end up being delayed often multiple times. Rest assured as soon as there is something to report you guys will know. Thank you for your patience.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see Eric back in the swing of things. He is truly a good guy.