Lets talk COVID-19

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@brundel is it advisable to take the viral defence as well as follidrone together? I have 3 bottles I’m hoping to dig into but can wait if it’s too much quercetin

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quercetin in general is amazing for allergies and this new possible protection or defense, if you will, makes it that much better. Add to it the extra absorption and the price with the discount is a steal!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Order in!!!

This should be taken right away for prevention, correct?

Or does it only work if you're already sick?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@brundel is it advisable to take the viral defence as well as follidrone together? I have 3 bottles I’m hoping to dig into but can wait if it’s too much quercetin
It shouldn't be too much. You can take both together.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Order in!!!

It will be beneficial preventative, and it you happen to get COVID19.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Is it ok to still take high doses of Vitmain C with this??

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This will depend on your personal tolerance.
Quercetin is not recommended over 1000mg.
200mg of ours easily hits that. Indont think it will harm you but if you experience gastrointestinal issues or something just drop back to 200.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Order in!!!

I have my whole family and everyone at blr taking 2 per day presently

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I have my whole family and everyone at blr taking 2 per day presently
Awesome. Got 3 bottles coming. For myself and my family

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

hydroxychloroquine inhibits protease activity with an inhibition constant (K i) of 92.34 ± 11.91 μM

Clinical trial studying it as a protease inhibitor
Again, this isn't to be argumentative but for discussion and my own learning and interest.

That first study shows it MIGHT have some protease inhibitor properties and I it looks pretty good. I should have read that more closely but given it was about Zika I kept skipping over it. Good call.

The clinical trial pairs with known protease inhibitors which is common, and I am not getting that it is, itself, a PI.

Still, I do like the quercetin angle and it hits a lot of pathways. Just curiosity and I think there may be, possibly, another angle.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, this isn't to be argumentative but for discussion and my own learning and interest.

That first study shows it MIGHT have some protease inhibitor properties and I it looks pretty good. I should have read that more closely but given it was about Zika I kept skipping over it. Good call.

The clinical trial pairs with known protease inhibitors which is common, and I am not getting that it is, itself, a PI.

Still, I do like the quercetin angle and it hits a lot of pathways. Just curiosity and I think there may be, possibly, another angle.
Of course. The good news is we are not relying on protease inhibition alone. Protease inhibition helps prevent viral replication. But we are also blocking the ACE receptors which prevents the virus from entering the cell.
And calpain inhibition among other things.

Viral targetsCurrently available drugs for human useInvestigational agents
Viral entry and fusionChloroquineConvalescent plasma*, monoclonal antibodies, peptides representing different regions of ACE2, luteolin, other small molecules, peptides targeting S protein
Viral replicationChloroquineCalpain inhibitors
Viral proteaseProtease inhibitors (lopinavir/ritonavir* and nelfinavir)Quercetin
Viral RNA synthesis and gene expressionRibavirin* and indomethacinsiRNA
ImmunomodulationInterferon alfacon-1*Interferon-α and interferon-β
Unknown or other mechanismsNitric oxide*, niclosamide and reserpineGlycyrrhizin, baicalin, valinomycin, nitric oxide donors (e.g. S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of course. The good news is we are not relying on protease inhibition alone. Protease inhibition helps prevent viral replication. But we are also blocking the ACE receptors which prevents the virus from entering the cell.
And calpain inhibition among other things.

Viral targetsCurrently available drugs for human useInvestigational agents
Viral entry and fusionChloroquineConvalescent plasma*, monoclonal antibodies, peptides representing different regions of ACE2, luteolin, other small molecules, peptides targeting S protein
Viral replicationChloroquineCalpain inhibitors
Viral proteaseProtease inhibitors (lopinavir/ritonavir* and nelfinavir)Quercetin
Viral RNA synthesis and gene expressionRibavirin* and indomethacinsiRNA
ImmunomodulationInterferon alfacon-1*Interferon-α and interferon-β
Unknown or other mechanismsNitric oxide*, niclosamide and reserpineGlycyrrhizin, baicalin, valinomycin, nitric oxide donors (e.g. S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine)
Yeah, chloroquine seems to interfere with cell maturity (and thus replication) by preventing the acidification of endosomes.

I am wondering if Rhodiola may have a similar function, but not sure how powerful it would be.

Glycyrrhizin keeps coming up too, and I know more men are dying from this than women. I am wondering if there may be link here...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glycyrrhizin keeps coming up too, and I know more men are dying from this than women. I am wondering if there may be link here...
What kind of link? What do you mean?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What kind of link? What do you mean?
Big logical jump on my end. Glycyrrhizin keeps popping up in my research as being a potential ingredient for numerous pathways being investigated. But it is supposedly anti-androgenic and esteogenic. So I am just making some leaps here that maybe it would play on some pathway since Covid appears to be more fatal to men than women according to a couple articles I read.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm thinking olive leaf extract and oregano extract.

We just did a show on dihydro hinokiol on SHR, and Dr. Seeds feels that it will inhibit viral replication even in retroviruses such as covid19.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sold out. Will you have more?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, chloroquine seems to interfere with cell maturity (and thus replication) by preventing the acidification of endosomes.

I am wondering if Rhodiola may have a similar function, but not sure how powerful it would be.

I dont think we will know until we can get research Grant's and start really digging into it. Hoping to get a grant to continue working.
If so I'll make sure to post progress as we make it.

I have 11% salidroside rhodiola I can list today if people want.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm thinking olive leaf extract and oregano extract.

We just did a show on dihydro hinokiol on SHR, and Dr. Seeds feels that it will inhibit viral replication even in retroviruses such as covid19.
I gargle twice per day with 80% carvacrol. Oregano extract. Been doing it for a long time. Totally cured my gingivitis.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We should have more by wed.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I gargle twice per day with 80% carvacrol. Oregano extract. Been doing it for a long time. Totally cured my gingivitis.
Where do you find the Carvacol rinse @brundel

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I dont think we will know until we can get research Grant's and start really digging into it. Hoping to get a grant to continue working.
If so I'll make sure to post progress as we make it.

I have 11% salidroside rhodiola I can list today if people want.
It isn't the salidrosides I was looking at...but some other compounds.

There is also this:

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Will definitely buy Wednesday
Please post when it is up

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Is there any interactions between Selenium and Quercetin?

I know they both help to eliminate free radicals...

Should I discontinue Selenium when I receive the BLR immune product?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I’ve been using 100mg selenium in my multis for years and taking Follidrone and DCP, both of which have quercetin, for months. No issues.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's important to look at how each virus is making entry, replicating etc.
Not all are the same so something that works for hiv may not work for influenza or covid.
Which makes researchers work so much harder

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Do you mix it with water or just swish the oil around?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I do not know of any interactions

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it's important to look at how each virus is making entry, replicating etc.
Not all are the same so something that works for hiv may not work for influenza or covid.
Which makes researchers work so much harder
Yes, the proposed MOA for chloroquinone is through the prevention of acidification of the endosome...so, yes, this is how the virus is proposed to be making entry into the cells - not protease inhibition (like the Zika virus). But it does appear there is evidence this inhibition of acidification benefits protease inhibitors. It looks like ephedra extract is similar.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Posting this here and in another thread....

Here is a list of the drugs under investigation. Please don't take any drugs off this list - it states right in the report that some in the list may make it better, or may make it worse. We just don't know yet.

I found it interesting that in addition to hydroxychloroquine, the list includes metformin, lisinipril, mycophenolic acid, haloperidol and rapamycin. Not interesting for any specific reason, mostly just that they are familiar maybe.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.22.002386v1.full.pdf+html

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So to dumb this down a little a bit, the Quercentin crystals potentially make the covid virus harder to infect the body?
I always love lamens terms...some very smart people in here, and stuff often goes right over my head.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, the proposed MOA for chloroquinone is through the prevention of acidification of the endosome...so, yes, this is how the virus is proposed to be making entry into the cells - not protease inhibition (like the Zika virus). But it does appear there is evidence this inhibition of acidification benefits protease inhibitors. It looks like ephedra extract is similar.
To be clear. Protease is not how it makes entry. Proteases are key enzymes in viral propagation. So a protease inhibitor would be employed specifically to stop viral replication.
ACE is how its making entry. This is why in the paper you posted they talk about lisinopril which is an ace inhibitor.
Calpain of course is a specific calcium-dependent cysteine protease.
This is why I think its important that any candidate cover all the bases.

HydroxyChloroquinone still hasnt been proven to work and any potential vaccines will have to pass clinical trials so we would be looking at 18 months absolute minimum. Too long.
This is why we are looking specifically at natural small molecules that are already FDA approved.
Can be made and deployed rapidly.

My hope is SOMEBODY finds something that we can rely on 100% or even 80%, soon because things are getting out of hand.

Last edited:
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So to dumb this down a little a bit, the Quercentin crystals potentially make the covid virus harder to infect the body?
Keeping in mind that I absolutely am not promising anything.

Data implies that quercetin works in multiple ways but 2 stand out.
ACE inhibition which prevents the virus from binding and entering the cells.
Protease inhibition which prevents viral propagation. Stops it from replicating and growing.
Elderberry and zinc also play a part. I linked some stuff at the beginning of the thread on both.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Should zinc supplementation discontinue when starting the BLR product?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should zinc supplementation discontinue when starting the BLR product?
You could have more zinc, for example some ZMA products have 30mg of zinc. You may want a couple mg of copper to go with the extra zinc.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Optical imaging of luciferage gene expression has become a powerful tool to track cells and viruses in vivo in small animal models. Luciferase imaging has been used to study the location of infection by replication-defective and replication-competent viruses and to track changes in the distribution of viruses in mouse models.