Lets talk COVID-19

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let’s discuss what is happening and what we can do to protect ourselves.

As everyone knows, the world has been hit hard by COVID-19.

Global panic, economic meltdown, thousands of deaths, and counting.

Our whole nation is locked down and we don't really know when this will let up.

What we do know is COVID-19, is exceptionally contagious. It is already clogging up medical facilities, as well as global supply chains and emergency services. Emergency status has been declared pretty much worldwide.

What can we do to protect ourselves?
In an effort to do my part to help, I have been working on trying to find a way (supplement wise) to protect us from the virus. I think I have a pretty good idea how to do this. Below are links to some research. Please read through, so you understand what we are doing. Keep in mind, this is far from exhaustive data but it's enough to give you an idea why we are doing what we are doing. I have about 100 units of an antiviral that will be ready in a couple of days.

I want to be 100% clear here=

THIS IS NOT A CURE AND I CANNOT MAKE ANY PROMISES OR GUARANTEES. Please read through the data below, so you understand why we use what we did. I can tell you that all of my family is presently taking this, as am I, and pretty much everyone close to me.

In addition, this is not intended to treat or cure, but is an additional defense. You must absolutely still adhere to proper pandemic protocol.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO MAKE YOU INVINCIBLE and able to do whatever. Instead, this is meant to help protect you and those you love, the best we can presently with dietary supplementation.

These are ready now but we need labels so maybe 2 to 3 days. I'll begin listing tomorrow.
They consist of quercetin niacin co crystals, elderberry berry extract, and zinc.
Before you rush out to buy quercetin, keep in mind that quercetin has about a 1% oral bioavailability. This is why we use the co crystals.
We can increase bioavailability up to 40x in some cases but I would expect 10x min and 25x average.
It looks like several companies are working on therapies and drugs based off of quercetin.

DATA

To make this simple, viruses are like tiny keys. They cannot replicate on their own; they need a host cell.

If you use the key analogy, then the virus is like a biological key that fits into the cell lock.

More on Viruses at the very bottom.

Quercetin/Niacin co crystals
Antiviral
Protease inhibitor
Calpain inhibitor

Quercetin-Protease inhibitor.
Viral protease Protease inhibitors (lopinavir/ritonavir* and nelfinavir) Quercetin

Quercetin-calpain inhibitor

============
sambucus-Neuraminidase inhibitor

==============ZINC

FURTHER

Function

The primary role of the virus or virion is to deliver its DNA or RNA genome into the host cell so that the genome can be expressed (transcribed and translated) by the host cell, according to "Medical Microbiology."

First, viruses need to access the inside of a host’s body. Respiratory passages and open wounds can act as gateways for viruses. Sometimes insects provide the mode of entry. Certain viruses will hitch a ride in an insect's saliva and enter the host’s body after the insect bites. According to the authors of Molecular Biology of the Cell, 4th E (Garland Science, 2002) such viruses, can replicate inside both insect and host cells, ensuring a smooth transition from one to the other. Examples include: the viruses that cause yellow fever and dengue fever.

Viruses will then attach themselves to host cell surfaces. They do so by recognizing and binding to cell surface receptors, like two interlocking puzzle pieces. Many different viruses can bind to the same receptor and a single virus can bind different cell surface receptors. While viruses use them to their advantage, cell surface receptors are actually designed to serve the cell.

After a virus binds to the surface of the host cell, it can start to move across the outer covering or membrane of the host cell. There are many different modes of entry. HIV, a virus with an envelope, fuses with the membrane and is pushed through. Another enveloped virus, the influenza virus, is engulfed by the cell. Some non-enveloped viruses, such as the polio virus, create a porous channel of entry and burrow through the membrane.

Once inside, viruses release their genomes and also disrupt or hijack various parts of the cellular machinery. Viral genomes direct host cells to ultimately produce viral proteins (many times halting the synthesis of any RNA and proteins that the host cell can use). Ultimately, viruses stack the deck in their favor, both inside the host cell and within the host itself by creating conditions that allow for them to spread. For example, when suffering from the common cold, one sneeze emits 20,000 droplets containing rhinovirus or coronavirus particles, according to "Molecular Biology of the Cell." Touching or breathing those droplets in, is all it takes for a cold to spread.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am going to pick up some GSE for sure too

grapefruit seed extract is claimed to be anti bacterial and anti vital so can't hurt

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love it!

Along the same lines, what do you think about ACE2 inhibition, and the possible benefits of Follidrone which already has the quercetin/niacin co crystals, bioflavonoids, etc..

Last edited:
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since quercetin is an ingredient of antioxidant and antiallergy medicines that had been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA; the national drug code numbers of the medicines are 65448-3085, 65448-3005), we sought to determine whether quercetin could also antagonize SARS-CoV entry. Assays with the HIV-luc/SARS pseudotyped virus showed that quercetin also had antiviral activity against HIV-luc/SARS, with an EC50 of 83.4 μM (Fig. 3). The cytotoxicity of quercetin was very low, with a CC50 of 3.32 mM (data not shown). As an FDA-approved drug ingredient, quercetin offers great promise as a potential drug in the clinical treatment of SARS.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife has bad season allergies so this looks good for her also.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think if you have Follidrone I would start taking it but the dose of the quercetin niacin co crystals in the antiviral are much higher.
Always have it!

Considering the fact that my hospital finds it acceptable for us to reuse potentially contaminated N95 masks or put a plastic bag over our heads, I could use all the help I can get!

In my particular case, it is simply just a question of when as opposed to if..

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cant hurt.
This is a good time to utilize what we know and protect ourselves and our people.
Working on getting these out asap.
I will leave the sale up as well.
Awesome to keep the sale up!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always have it!

Considering the fact that my hospital finds it acceptable for us to reuse potentially contaminated N95 masks or put a plastic bag over our heads, I could use all the help I can get!

In my particular case, it is simply just a question of when as opposed to if..
They are ready now it's all about when the labels arrive. Worst case if I have to I'll print interim labels on our lazer printer.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Love it!

Along the same lines, what do you think about ACE2 inhibition, and the possible benefits of Follidrone which already has the quercetin/niacin co crystals, bioflavonoids, etc..

I think take ace 2 inhibitor if you think you have caught the virus, unless your referring to natural ace inhibitors like chocolate, which you can have chocolate all the time.

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Current stack:

Vitamin C (3g to 4g)
Vitamin D3 4000iu
Vitamin A (8000 iu)
Greens
Dark Chocolate
TRT

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
If I feel symptoms I will bump all dosages way up

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@brundel Thanks for the info...I'll add whatever I need to keep myself healthy for my family.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well.... guess I was wanting to try follidrone anyway

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Are they any other immunosuppressant drugs that are similar? Would a steroid like prednisone work in a similar manner?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hydroxy-Chloroquine is $8 and all US Pharmacies are suppose to have it by next week. China and Italy are using it as a preventative and shorting duration of C19.
is that going to be available/offered to every1 as a precaution ?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And thank you BLR hope its priced well so can be hands of every1 until supplies run out

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully there are options available. Interestingly Hydroxy-Chloroquine works very similarly to quercetin.
One primary difference is side effects.
Both are protease inhibitors
Both help to reduce the cytokine cascade seen with Covid-19

Quercetin niacin=0 side effects and clears the system quickly for ultra low toxicity.

Hydroxy-Chloroquine = TONS of side effects potentially, some severe and this stuff can stay in your body for a month or more. If you experience side effects and stop youll have to wait a good long time before the sides stop.
If this is your only option, or you are infected and they suggest taking it then do so but taking it haphazardly for prevention is an exceptionally poor idea. Can cause heart problems and irreversible eye damage.

Also a note DO NOT TAKE Hydroxy-Chloroquine with TAMOXIFEN/ NOLVADEX. Greatly increases the risk of eye damage.

Ocular side effects
Hydroxychloroquine can cause irreversible retinal toxicity, resulting in bilateral bull’s eye retinopathy.

Irreversible retinal toxicity from hydroxychloroquine has been recognised for many years, with the bull’s eye retinopathy seen as the end-stage of this process. The high affinity for melanin-containing cells such as those found in the retinal pigment epithelium is hypothesised to be the cause.

Recent research has suggested that damage patterns vary with ethnicity, and those of Asian heritage present with a more peripherally distributed area of damage compared to the classic bull’s eye pattern seen in Caucasian patients.

Patients with hydroxychloroquine-induced retinal toxicity will not have any visual symptoms in the early stages, and will only develop clinical symptoms with severe end-stage damage. Therefore, it is essential that the screening recommendations outlined above are followed, and hydroxychloroquine should be ceased if there are signs of definite retinopathy. The retinopathy does not reverse, but the progression is rare after hydroxychloroquine is discontinued.

Visual symptoms may present as paracentral scotomas (islands of vision loss) when reading. If blurring or vision changes occur, hydroxychloroquine should be ceased, and a careful eye examination conducted.

Gastrointestinal effects
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea are common side effects, but are usually transient or resolve on the reduction of the dose. They can be minimised by taking the hydroxychloroquine with food.

Cutaneous effects
Blue–grey pigmentation of the skin affects up to 25% of patients taking hydroxychloroquine, especially where there has been bruising. Transverse pigmented nail bands and mucosal pigmentation have also been reported.

Rashes may occur in up to 10% of patients, most commonly morbilliform or psoriasiform. Note that adverse cutaneous reactions to hydroxychloroquine are reported to affect more than 30% of patients with dermatomyositis, compared to a lower risk of rash in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus. If a rash appears, hydroxychloroquine should be withdrawn and may be restarted at a lower dose.

Less common skin side effects may include:

Haematological effects
Haematological side effects are rare. Haemolysis in patients with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, aplastic anaemia, and leukopenia has been reported. The most extensive study to date evaluating G6PD deficiency with concurrent use of hydroxychloroquine reported no episodes of haemolysis in over 700 months of exposure among the 11 studied patients with G6PD deficiency. Routine screening for G6PD deficiency is no longer recommended for hydroxychloroquine.

Drug interactions with hydroxychloroquine
Drug interactions seen with hydroxychloroquine include:

• Increased plasma levels of:
  • Decreased bioavailability of penicillin
  • Increased levels of hydroxychloroquine:
    • Cimetidine
    • Ritonavir
  • Reduced levels of hydroxychloroquine:
    • Cholestyramine
    • Antacids.
  • Increased risk of myopathy with:
  • A decreased effect of:
    • Neostigmine
    • Physostigmine.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With regards to hydroxychloroquine specifically, more encouraging in vitro results emerged in a paper published on March 9, in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases. However, the data was not deemed sufficient by infectious disease experts to recommend the compound as a treatment yet, Medscape reported.

Considering the potential side effects I would suggest avoiding taking this until its proven to actually work.
Trump stated yesterday that before he would consider making it available he would want to see convincing clinical trials.
For now I still think something natural with no sides is the best prophylactic.

Also I just wanted to state this isnt about trying to introduce a new BLR product.
Im only doing this because Im hoping I can help some people. If ANYONE has any information that can help us potentially make this better by all means speak up. Doesnt matter if you are a BLR fan, a direct competitor or you hate me personally. This isnt about BLR or Me or any brand.
Its about doing our best to help the country get through this with as little los and harm as possible.

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With regards to hydroxychloroquine specifically, more encouraging in vitro results emerged in a paper published on March 9, in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases. However, the data was not deemed sufficient by infectious disease experts to recommend the compound as a treatment yet, Medscape reported.

Considering the potential side effects I would suggest avoiding taking this until its proven to actually work.
Trump stated yesterday that before he would consider making it available he would want to see convincing clinical trials.
For now I still think something natural with no sides is the best prophylactic.

Also I just wanted to state this isnt about trying to introduce a new BLR product.
Im only doing this because Im hoping I can help some people. If ANYONE has any information that can help us potentially make this better by all means speak up. Doesnt matter if you are a BLR fan, a direct competitor or you hate me personally. This isnt about BLR or Me or any brand.
Its about doing our best to help the country get through this with as little los and harm as possible.
still going up on the site today?

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it’s like other releases expect it once covid-19 is over

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it’s like other releases expect it once covid-19 is over
Glad you took important time out of your day to type 11 worthless words that contributed nothing to the discussion

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think if you have Follidrone I would start taking it but the dose of the quercetin niacin co crystals in the antiviral are much higher.
How many Follidrone caps per day would it take to get close to that? I’m weary of adding new supplements since I seem to react to everything these days. I even get sides from zinc so nervous about elderberry.
Also, please check out the vitamin C megadose thread in the supplement section. I think we should all be doing 6-10g right now and hitting bowel tolerance when we start to feel ill.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How many Follidrone caps per day would it take to get close to that? I’m weary of adding new supplements since I seem to react to everything these days. I even get sides from zinc so nervous about elderberry.
Also, please check out the vitamin C megadose thread in the supplement section. I think we should all be doing 6-10g right now and hitting bowel tolerance when we start to feel ill.
What sides do you get from Zinc?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What sides do you get from Zinc?
Irritability and a weird lightheaded feeling. I *think* it messes with hormones as the feelings are similar to other things that mess with hormone levels. Maybe reduces estrogen in me... 🤷‍♂️

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Irritability and a weird lightheaded feeling. I *think* it messes with hormones as the feelings are similar to other things that mess with hormone levels. Maybe reduces estrogen in me... 🤷‍♂️
You may need a little copper with zinc when you take it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You may need a little copper with zinc when you take it.
Maybe, but there’s 7.5mg in my multi and I eat 5 whole eggs a day and a pound of meat per day. Maybe I’m just getting plenty already?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Good possibility you are getting enough. Sometimes it gives me an upset stomach, but I think that's it. I was taking 50mg Zinc, but am switching to 25mg.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My present stack is ALA, NAC, Curcumin, and Trans Resveratrol.
I saw some research last night that makes me think resveratrol may be a good ingredient - only issue is bioavailability of course...

Hopefully there are options available. Interestingly Hydroxy-Chloroquine works very similarly to quercetin.
One primary difference is side effects.
Both are protease inhibitors
Both help to reduce the cytokine cascade seen with Covid-19

Quercetin niacin=0 side effects and clears the system quickly for ultra low toxicity.

Hydroxy-Chloroquine = TONS of side effects potentially, some severe and this stuff can stay in your body for a month or more. If you experience side effects and stop youll have to wait a good long time before the sides stop.
If this is your only option, or you are infected and they suggest taking it then do so but taking it haphazardly for prevention is an exceptionally poor idea. Can cause heart problems and irreversible eye damage.

Also a note DO NOT TAKE Hydroxy-Chloroquine with TAMOXIFEN/ NOLVADEX. Greatly increases the risk of eye damage.

Ocular side effects
Hydroxychloroquine can cause irreversible retinal toxicity, resulting in bilateral bull’s eye retinopathy.

Irreversible retinal toxicity from hydroxychloroquine has been recognised for many years, with the bull’s eye retinopathy seen as the end-stage of this process. The high affinity for melanin-containing cells such as those found in the retinal pigment epithelium is hypothesised to be the cause.

Recent research has suggested that damage patterns vary with ethnicity, and those of Asian heritage present with a more peripherally distributed area of damage compared to the classic bull’s eye pattern seen in Caucasian patients.

Patients with hydroxychloroquine-induced retinal toxicity will not have any visual symptoms in the early stages, and will only develop clinical symptoms with severe end-stage damage. Therefore, it is essential that the screening recommendations outlined above are followed, and hydroxychloroquine should be ceased if there are signs of definite retinopathy. The retinopathy does not reverse, but the progression is rare after hydroxychloroquine is discontinued.

Visual symptoms may present as paracentral scotomas (islands of vision loss) when reading. If blurring or vision changes occur, hydroxychloroquine should be ceased, and a careful eye examination conducted.

Gastrointestinal effects
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea are common side effects, but are usually transient or resolve on the reduction of the dose. They can be minimised by taking the hydroxychloroquine with food.

Cutaneous effects
Blue–grey pigmentation of the skin affects up to 25% of patients taking hydroxychloroquine, especially where there has been bruising. Transverse pigmented nail bands and mucosal pigmentation have also been reported.

Rashes may occur in up to 10% of patients, most commonly morbilliform or psoriasiform. Note that adverse cutaneous reactions to hydroxychloroquine are reported to affect more than 30% of patients with dermatomyositis, compared to a lower risk of rash in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus. If a rash appears, hydroxychloroquine should be withdrawn and may be restarted at a lower dose.

Less common skin side effects may include:

Haematological effects
Haematological side effects are rare. Haemolysis in patients with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, aplastic anaemia, and leukopenia has been reported. The most extensive study to date evaluating G6PD deficiency with concurrent use of hydroxychloroquine reported no episodes of haemolysis in over 700 months of exposure among the 11 studied patients with G6PD deficiency. Routine screening for G6PD deficiency is no longer recommended for hydroxychloroquine.

Drug interactions with hydroxychloroquine
Drug interactions seen with hydroxychloroquine include:

• Increased plasma levels of:
  • Decreased bioavailability of penicillin
  • Increased levels of hydroxychloroquine:
    • Cimetidine
    • Ritonavir
  • Reduced levels of hydroxychloroquine:
    • Cholestyramine
    • Antacids.
  • Increased risk of myopathy with:
  • A decreased effect of:
    • Neostigmine
    • Physostigmine.
No offense intended here and I applaud your efforts to help, so this is not aimed AT you, just for discussion and I certainly have big gaps in my knowledge here- but I seriously question chloroquine's potential to help. It is not a new idea, it is an old idea that works with SARS in-vitro but seems like it never made it to human clinical use. It is funny that of all the drug targets, this is the one in the news - I think it is just a way if getting news out there without any if the drug companies divulging their real direction to their competition.

I saw something suggesting it could work through protease inhibition, but another theory talking about endosome acidity and maturity inhibition being the MOA. I am not sure if they could be linked.

But, who knows? Maybe it will work this time. Quercetin is a pretty healthy ingredient, so can't hurt.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Actually, I just looked again, not seeing any evidence that chloroquine is a protease inhibitor....

But it does have some similarities to zinc perhaps...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@brundel

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My present stack is ALA, NAC, Curcumin, and Trans Resveratrol.
Don't want to get too off topic, but look into Morphogen Mophoprime if you want to consolidate that or at least compare prices to see if getting it all together may save you convenience, etc. It has all those + Berberine and some other heart beneficial compounds.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't want to get too off topic, but look into Morphogen Mophoprime if you want to consolidate that or at least compare prices to see if getting it all together may save you convenience, etc. It has all those + Berberine and some other heart beneficial compounds.
That really is one of the best all-around products for overall health.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw some research last night that makes me think resveratrol may be a good ingredient - only issue is bioavailability of course...

No offense intended here and I applaud your efforts to help, so this is not aimed AT you, just for discussion and I certainly have big gaps in my knowledge here- but I seriously question chloroquine's potential to help. It is not a new idea, it is an old idea that works with SARS in-vitro but seems like it never made it to human clinical use. It is funny that of all the drug targets, this is the one in the news - I think it is just a way if getting news out there without any if the drug companies divulging their real direction to their competition.

I saw something suggesting it could work through protease inhibition, but another theory talking about endosome acidity and maturity inhibition being the MOA. I am not sure if they could be linked.

But, who knows? Maybe it will work this time. Quercetin is a pretty healthy ingredient, so can't hurt.
We are talking hydroxychloroquine which is a protease inhibitor.I cant take the time presently to pull data but if you google it with protease quite a few studies pop up.
Unfortunately this is NOT approved by the FDA to treat Covid-19. The chance its going to be widely available for this is exceptionally remote. Also keeping in mind most of what Trump has been saying is false or misleading I think listening to him saying its going to be available is not a good decision.

Quercetin has been proven effective at stopping the replication of the virus via protease inhibition, and, blocking its entry via ACE receptors on the cells via ace inhibition. In addition its a pretty solid calpain inhibitor. Again I dont have time presently to explain but feel free to investigate calpain inhibitors and SARS coronaviruses.
The fact that quercetin has all of these properties in one is what separates it from other natural potentials of which there are quite a few.

In fact we are preparing to submit a white paper to the Gov in efforts to obtain a grant to run R&D and hopefully get to mass production.
This stuff is all natural vs many of the drug candidates.
Can be quickly manufactured again many of the drugs candidates could take a long time to produce.
Easily administered orally and is easy to get patients to continue treatment because there are little or no side effects.
We could manufacture and deploy hundreds of thousands of bottles or more in a couple months depending on how long it takes to get materials.
For now I have about 100 ready. We cant get normal labels because label companies are closed so the labels are all white laser printed with only absolute mandatory data on them.
Hoping to get them up in the next few hours.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We are talking hydroxychloroquine which is a protease inhibitor.I cant take the time presently to pull data but if you google it with protease quite a few studies pop up.
Unfortunately this is NOT approved by the FDA to treat Covid-19. The chance its going to be widely available for this is exceptionally remote. Also keeping in mind most of what Trump has been saying is false or misleading I think listening to him saying its going to be available is not a good decision.

Quercetin has been proven effective at stopping the replication of the virus via protease inhibition, and, blocking its entry via ACE receptors on the cells via ace inhibition. In addition its a pretty solid calpain inhibitor. Again I dont have time presently to explain but feel free to investigate calpain inhibitors and SARS coronaviruses.
The fact that quercetin has all of these properties in one is what separates it from other natural potentials of which there are quite a few.

In fact we are preparing to submit a white paper to the Gov in efforts to obtain a grant to run R&D and hopefully get to mass production.
This stuff is all natural vs many of the drug candidates.
Can be quickly manufactured again many of the drugs candidates could take a long time to produce.
Easily administered orally and is easy to get patients to continue treatment because there are little or no side effects.
We could manufacture and deploy hundreds of thousands of bottles or more in a couple months depending on how long it takes to get materials.
For now I have about 100 ready. We cant get normal labels because label companies are closed so the labels are all white laser printed with only absolute mandatory data on them.
Hoping to get them up in the next few hours.
Yea, I am familiar with Hydroxycloroquine/chloroquine. Neither seem to be protease inhibitors. They are often used alongside protease inhibitors, yes, but I see nothing suggesting they are themselves protease inhibitors. I will keep looking...just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Good luck with getting some production going!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks, that would be awesome!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

hydroxychloroquine inhibits protease activity with an inhibition constant (K i) of 92.34 ± 11.91 μM

Clinical trial studying it as a protease inhibitor

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The anti viral is on the site for purchase!