Least effective supplements

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What in your experience are some of the least effective supplements you've used in the past couple years?
We've all been there, spent our hard earned money and saw little to no results.
Let's hear it!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This should be a good list for sure. There are a lot of supplements out that are a complete waste of money. I would recommend you always read the reviews and product labels too.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BPI Solid (have two 5 dose samples, used 2 doses, stuff made me feel horrid)
Myo-X (it's delicious, didn't do anything though)
Versa-1 (didn't do anything for me personally, I do see others getting good feels off it though)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
controlled labs black hole did absolutely nothing for me.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This should be a good list for sure. There are a lot of supplements out that are a complete waste of money. I would recommend you always read the reviews and product labels too.
Particularly labels.

Iwould like to add anything testofen based. My experience with Titanium XL had opposite of test boosting effects. I know some people love the ingredient. Just not for me.

Also, I thought I got something out of prime with my first run but I think I was placebo'd. My second run was nothing but runs. Once again, people rave about it, not for me. I also wasn't aware if a 6/9 protocol at the time.

I am seriously doubting 20% cissus extracts for joint health...at least solo as there are formulas that I don't know the extract that seem to be decent for me. I know I've spent a lot more regretfully, just off the too of my head.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Versa-1 currently. Back a few years? HMB powder; brand forgotten.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Among stuff that's supposed to work, I've never noticed a thing from beta alanine. I do lower rep ranges though but from most of the studies it doesn't seem to have any effects in the things bbers are concerned with eg lbm, 1 rep max, overall strength etc the one study which showed anything in terms of body comp was done on college wrestlers and the workout program for a college wrestling team couldn't be any more different from a standard bb workout. Especially since a lot of bodybuilders don't do cardio nowadays. I continue to take it because it's cheap, might be doing something and has some health benefits..but haven't noticed jack squat from it

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
fortunately... I am old enough to know better than to buy all the new stuff that hits the market.. that and the stuff I like using is pretty solid these days..
just about any pre work out will at a minimum get u a little amped up, and the other stuff I typically use is staple stuffs nowa days.. like fish oil hemavol and isotean.. the most recent Sh!t ass product I used was TRUETEIN :dump:

Raize

Awards
This would be a long list friend.

For me, I got turned onto HMB, and tried it for 60-days. I even set up a clean diet, good / consistent gym sessions, and was religious about my bjj training. I had my wife take before and after pics with my phone and according to her, I looked better in the before pic. In truth, it was the lighting as I wasn't in worse shape afterwards, but I noticed nothing. I know everyone is different, but that was a big disappointment for me because I heard some pretty decent things prior to.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff!
Keep it coming, this is getting interesting.
I'll second or third on beta alanine.
And anything BPI makes. Especially SAA's even though they're tasty.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12 Gauge Shotgun

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Even though I've stacked DAA with many other products before I get nothing from it.

Anabeta did nothing for me at all as well

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even though I've stacked DAA with many other products before I get nothing from it.

Anabeta did nothing for me at all as well
Which brands DAA did you try?

I didnt get a lot out of og Anabeta in strength but definitely a nice boost in libido

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Which brands DAA did you try?

I didnt get a lot out of og Anabeta in strength but definitely a nice boost in libido
D-pol, SNS, most of them

It's not going to increase your test enough to have any real anabolic/androgenic impact on your body

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
D-pol, SNS, most of them

It's not going to increase your test enough to have any real anabolic/androgenic impact on your body
DAA and Divanil are the 2 ingreds that have always gave me nice boosts in strength, however I know ingreds effect user differently

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
DAA and Divanil are the 2 ingreds that have always gave me nice boosts in strength, however I know ingreds effect user differently
OG endosurge is the only natural test booster that has affected mood and libido

Apart from that maybe erase but I have yet to try erase pro

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
There is 3 products that come to my mind as a waste of my money recently.

1. BPS Vanillean
2. Isatori Bio Gro
3. MAN Sports Rem PM

I noticed nothing from any of those 3 products other than a lighter wallet and no real world results.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had about 8-9 samples of MAN Rem pm, thought it was decent...

Oh, fun thread...inB4 it gets tense in here...

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
anything I have ever tried by BPI has been horrible!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I despise NO Xplode 1 and 2.
Never tried version 2 because version 1 made me feel so bad. I guess I should clarify. It gave a boost of energy, but I expended that energy on the toilet, so it wasn't worth it to me.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never tried version 2 because version 1 made me feel so bad. I guess I should clarify. It gave a boost of energy, but I expended that energy on the toilet, so it wasn't worth it to me.
I haven't gotten massive dumps from the stuff, but it just doesn't make me feel all that great and energized. There's some energy, I don't crash, but it's really lacking oomph for me.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Massularia anyone?
Hard to tell if the good reviews on that stuff were just to kiss ass.
SAA's, Versa-1?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Massularia anyone?
Hard to tell if the good reviews on that stuff were just to kiss ass.
SAA's, Versa-1?
Thumbs down to Versa-1 for me, SAA's could be hype but most of them are delicious. Lulz.

I thought Pink Magic was ultimately bunk?

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is 3 products that come to my mind as a waste of my money recently.

1. BPS Vanillean
2. Isatori Bio Gro
3. MAN Sports Rem PM

I noticed nothing from any of those 3 products other than a lighter wallet and no real world results.
I thought vanillean would be good so i bought two tubs as it was on offer.As it came out people were ravinhlg about it but its long ago that i heard something about it.Is this supp already forgotten!would it have been a better idea to buy dcp 2.0 instead?

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't gotten massive dumps from the stuff, but it just doesn't make me feel all that great and energized. There's some energy, I don't crash, but it's really lacking oomph for me.
Maybe it just expedited the inevitable for me, I'm not sure, but it was on a consistent basis. As for the boost, it wasn't a kick in the dick like other PWOs I've taken, so overall I was unimpressed. I quickly switched from that to OG Jack3d and stuck with that for a long time. I made the mistake of taking OG Jack3d with OG Arson a couple of times. That was a no-no for me. Thought my heart was gonna pop.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe it just expedited the inevitable for me, I'm not sure, but it was on a consistent basis. As for the boost, it wasn't a kick in the dick like other PWOs I've taken, so overall I was unimpressed. I quickly switched from that to OG Jack3d and stuck with that for a long time. I made the mistake of taking OG Jack3d with OG Arson a couple of times. That was a no-no for me. Thought my heart was gonna pop.
Same here, minus the Arson :p

I have taken 600 mg's of caffeine in one shot absent mindedly once, my heart was fine but my head was a mess, lulz. Lesson learned.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thumbs down to Versa-1 for me, SAA's could be hype but most of them are delicious. Lulz.

I thought Pink Magic was ultimately bunk?
PM I didn't see anything from, the beta seemed to be effective though lol.

AI Sports sells Massularia now and supposedly it's effective, but then again I know some decent guys on here that saw nothing from it.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw nothing from AI Massularia.

HCGenerate was disappointing. I did a sponsored log and got hostile comments from the owner when I said I noticed nothing.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any newer preworkout or pump product that still uses arginine and/or glutamine.
I can name a few but I don't want to start a rep war lol.
Just can't stand getting hyped up for something new and seeing the first ingredient is arginine.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NutraBio Nitric something. Arginine, glutamine, creatine

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Black-Out
I couldn't tell if didn't work at all or if it was working too well...

;)

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I don't buy into 95% of the crap circulating the market nowadays, haven't in 10 years because of the reasons above. I prefer to keep it simple with general staples and dabble with some hormones here and there, but that's it.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hate to pile on the Versa-1 wagon, but I'm another who didn't see anything. I have a whole bunch of things that haven't worked or I didn't think were nearly worth a repurchase. Sometimes I blame supplements themselves and sometimes I realize it's probably just me. Good example is Enhanced, it absolutely doesn't sit well with me. I get really weird and constant "hiccuppy" type burps and have a hard time training. Obviously the issue is with me and not the supplement in this case. Tried all sorts of different ideas on it.

Over the years I've started to develop a "phobia" towards trying anything new except for perhaps a few companies. If something comes out and gets good reviews and people are talking about it for a while that's when I will try. I used to want to be the first to run the newest stuff. Now I wait to make purchases after everyone else has guinea pigged it :)

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10th on versa-1.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pump-HD
No-Xplod
Craze
C4
Black Powder
Nitrix

I got a ton of preworkouts I had never heard of before of samples from the Arnold last year. Threw most of them away as they didn't seem to do or provide much of anything besides having some poor prop blends.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious if anyone would include protein powders they thought to be ineffective. People have their preferences, but I feel that they're more due to taste than any other factor, including efficacy.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious if anyone would include protein powders they thought to be ineffective. People have their preferences, but I feel that they're more due to taste than any other factor, including efficacy.
I have been sticking with Dymatize Elite XT lately.
Lots of others give me problems. Mainly throat and GI problems.
Turns out a lot of companies use wheat gluten in their powders and disguise it as glutamine peptides.
Syntha 6 would be one of them.

Hyperfluxe

Awards
I'm so glad to not see Alphamine in this thread. It's my first time taking it and it looks very promising.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much any bsn product, anything with dendrobium, most non dmaa preworkouts