Lab Test (Heavy Metals): Orange Oximega Fish Oil

• Thread starter CONTROLLED LABS
  • Start date
CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
FDA upper level for mercury (methyl mercury which is only a small part of total mercury) = 1 mcg/g per day, we are at only 6% of that per day for a full serving (2 softgels). for reference a can of albacore tuna (6 ounces) is roughly 35% of your daily limit (so a serving of orange oximega fish oil only has 17% of the mercury found in a can of tuna)

Mercury Levels in Commercial Fish and Shellfish

the amount per serving is also only 20% of the strictest California proposition 65 level of .3 mcg per day (of methyl mercury, again only a small part of total mercury)

The Adequate Intake (AI) levels for chromium, set in 2001 by the Institute of Medicine at the National Academy of Sciences is 20-35 mcg per day so each serving of Orange Oximega Fish Oil provides roughly 25% of that intake (roughly as much as 1 cup of romaine lettuce). chromium has been found to be safe in the multiple 100s of mcg per day

The other heavy metals/toxins were below the detectable limits :)

Attachments

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! I've been recommending it to a bunch of people and someone just asked about the hm content. Thanks for the full disclosure.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! I've been recommending it to a bunch of people and someone just asked about the hm content. Thanks for the full disclosure.
our pleasure, we know mercury is a hot issue in fish, and we have been getting a lot of inquiries, so we are posting a 3rd party test.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great info to have for reference :)

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
awesome, cool to see you guys posting these things, as like you said fish oils are coming under scrutiny

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
nice i eat alot of tuna so ita nice to see this

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
awesome, cool to see you guys posting these things, as like you said fish oils are coming under scrutiny
thanks, yeah there are a ton of lawyers using the cali prop 65 to sue companies since these levels are very strict.
nice i eat alot of tuna so ita nice to see this
yeah, tuna is actually one of the better fish (the smaller ones are even better), but some have a scary amount of metals like swordfish.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Also glad to see a third-party test :)

I'm half way through my first bottle, after I finish my next I plan on buying more :D

smutty

smutty

Awards
this is one of the reasons I bought this. Many are not tested.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

Awards
  • Established
Also glad to see a third-party test :)

I'm half way through my first bottle, after I finish my next I plan on buying more :D
glad to hear it, thanks for your continued support :cool:
this is one of the reasons I bought this. Many are not tested.
many = the vast majority ;)

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been eating a lot more tuna lately. Thanks for this.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I really seeing this listed as $9.99 on NP right now???? Doooooooode! :jaw:

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
always been concerned with this when it comes to fish oil. good stuff.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard that mercury really isnt as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be when consuming fish or fish oils. Mainly because many fish have high levels of selenium, which takes the mercury "repackages" it and disposes it from the body. Is this wrong?