L-Carn, GAC Dosages IM/Oral

w8lftr-K

Awards
New to the whole IM utopia, just started a couple of weeks ago with L-Carnitine and found that it really helps pre workout with a non stim pre-w/o - I am on a little under 700 mg/day in 2 dosages (350 ea) as a loading phase - one pre and one post after carb intake (Insulin spike) Thinking about the GAC IM and homebrewing it myself. I see sites who sell the stuff and am wondering about how they come up with the dosages... for instance one is 25/100/200 respectively. How is it that when you look up dosage for Glutamine they say 5-20g a day but the injectable is only 25mg - is it so much different when introduced IM rather than orally because of breakdown? Even things like Arginine or citrulline - in our pre-workouts they are dosed at 2-8g but how does that translate to IM - Thanks for the help.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's a very good question about the converting of supplement amounts taken orally vs taken by injection. It would probably be assumed that they would be significantly lower, since the gut takes up most of glutamine and lLC is very orally bioavailable.

As far as homebrewing, I would stick with prebought stuff. You know you're getting sterile, human grade material with no heavy metal traces and prepared properly.
With l-carnitine the oral is only 15% of the injectable and even if you megadose oral Carnitine it just doesn't have the same effects, lots of ppl will try to quote studies that say it works, but I don't think I have ever come across a single person who has used both the oral and injectable and said it's even remotely comparable.

With the l-glutamine, I'm completely lost on how it compares, I know orally 10-30gm will help with gut health and nitrogen retention. But I don't understand 25mg of the injectable at all. Same with the other amino acids. Lots of them seem to come in these tiny injectable doses and it's hard to find info on why

w8lftr-K

Awards
If you're talking about a vendor with the initial AA, they use 25mg of glutamine in some of their formulas. I feel this is way too low to be of any significance. Maybe read the glutamine profile on examine.com and see what it talks about there. I'm sure there's some studies on it being injected, it's used in the hospital on burn victims.
Thanks - I would think that 25mg is insignificant as well, but... - I've been to examine before, just not for this - I'll check it out.
I noticed on a site that also sells the GAC 25/100/250 it has these ingredients "Each injection is mixed with benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, and sterile water." BA and sterile water I understand, but I'll have to look up the others as it pertains to injectables.