Oral L-Carnitine

Anthony SM

Awards
I lost 50 lbs in a relatively short amount of time using the Adkins diet, which most probably know is very similar to Keto. I went from 203 to 153 in less than a year. At 5'5" that's a quarter of my body weight. I also drank 3000 mgs of L Carnitine daily. I know that L Carnitine shuttles fat into the mitochondria of the cells to be used as energy, but I have two questions that I hope can be answered because I'm not thoroughly convinced that the carnitine played a big role in the fat loss. Not saying that it didn't, just wondering if it was enough to begin using it again now that I've put on around 15-17 lbs of lean muscle mass and want to go on another cut to get my abs really popping by the summer.

1st question: Does the shuttling of fat into the mitochondria of the cell to be used for fuel necessarily translate into visceral fat loss?
2nd question: If the answer to question 1 is yes, is oral ingestion really effective?

Thoughts? Experiences?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I lost 50 lbs in a relatively short amount of time using the Adkins diet, which most probably know is very similar to Keto. I went from 203 to 153 in less than a year. At 5'5" that's a quarter of my body weight. I also drank 3000 mgs of L Carnitine daily. I know that L Carnitine shuttles fat into the mitochondria of the cells to be used as energy, but I have two questions that I hope can be answered because I'm not thoroughly convinced that the carnitine played a big role in the fat loss. Not saying that it didn't, just wondering if it was enough to begin using it again now that I've put on around 15-17 lbs of lean muscle mass and want to go on another cut to get my abs really popping by the summer.

1st question: Does the shuttling of fat into the mitochondria of the cell to be used for fuel necessarily translate into visceral fat loss?
2nd question: If the answer to question 1 is yes, is oral ingestion really effective?

Thoughts? Experiences?
Congratulations on your progress.

1) It can translate into helping to burn body-fat and some would likely be visceral and some subcutaneous.
2) Yes, oral ingestion is effective. There are some broscience people that say it isn't, but the truth is there are tons of clinical studies on it showing that it is. A lot of times on here when oral gets mentioned, the injectable carnitine fans will rush in to say that injectable is better - and maybe it is, but 99% of the average population is not going to inject it.

Now, with that said, if the goal is fat loss, I'm not saying that is what I would use because it isn't, but I did want to answer your questions.

I lost over 40 lbs. last year myself and I did get in some Carnitine in Lean Edge, but I didn't take Lean Edge for the carnitine, I took it because it helps burn fat from so many different methods of action.

For fat loss supplements, Lean Edge is my base and then I would add a good MitoBurn containing product like Thermo Scorch or LipoVantage, and personally I respond very well to Reduce XT so I would add that myself. If I wanted a stimulant product to help me with energy, which I usually do, I use Lipo Elite.

Here are links for the products I'm mentioning so that you can read about them:

I'm not knocking L-Carnitine at all. We're actually going to be offering a liquid one and a powder one within the next few months, and XPG is coming out with a topical one. So its not that I dislike it at all, it just for me would be in addition to the above ones if I use it, not in place of.

I hope that info helps.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Surprised Steve got in here before you were told it is useless. :LOL:

I think various "forms" of carnitine are better than just straight, for various reasons. I also think it has lots of other good benefits that probably are more beneficial from it than actual fat loss though.

I love ALCAR and LCLT. :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely agree on checking out some of the above products vice L-Carnitine. Can't go wrong with any of the above. You can check out OL's newest fat burning product if interested as well:

Anthony SM

Awards
Congratulations on your progress.

1) It can translate into helping to burn body-fat and some would likely be visceral and some subcutaneous.
2) Yes, oral ingestion is effective. There are some broscience people that say it isn't, but the truth is there are tons of clinical studies on it showing that it is. A lot of times on here when oral gets mentioned, the injectable carnitine fans will rush in to say that injectable is better - and maybe it is, but 99% of the average population is not going to inject it.

Now, with that said, if the goal is fat loss, I'm not saying that is what I would use because it isn't, but I did want to answer your questions.

I lost over 40 lbs. last year myself and I did get in some Carnitine in Lean Edge, but I didn't take Lean Edge for the carnitine, I took it because it helps burn fat from so many different methods of action.

For fat loss supplements, Lean Edge is my base and then I would add a good MitoBurn containing product like Thermo Scorch or LipoVantage, and personally I respond very well to Reduce XT so I would add that myself. If I wanted a stimulant product to help me with energy, which I usually do, I use Lipo Elite.

Here are links for the products I'm mentioning so that you can read about them:

I'm not knocking L-Carnitine at all. We're actually going to be offering a liquid one and a powder one within the next few months, and XPG is coming out with a topical one. So its not that I dislike it at all, it just for me would be in addition to the above ones if I use it, not in place of.

I hope that info helps.
Thanks, Steve. As always, I appreciate your response. I will most likely give Lean Edge and Reduce XT a run. I love the profile of Lipo Vantage but for some reason the mitoburn/grains of paradise combo give me really bad acid after a few days. I've run both on there own without problems but the combo changed something.
I've had my cortisol tested last year and as I suspected it was very elevated. Stressful job and not enough quality sleep. I've been using either Suppress C or Apex's AET 50 over the past 5 months and I feel better because elevated cortisol gave me low test symptoms but my test levels were good and they're even higher now. But I fall asleep easier and fall back asleep easier when I'm using the b-AET supplements.
I'm not afraid to pin carnitine so I've got to give that some more thought, since it sounds like it's helpful.

Anthony SM

Awards
I would definitely agree on checking out some of the above products vice L-Carnitine. Can't go wrong with any of the above. You can check out OL's newest fat burning product if interested as well:

I got the email about this. Will look more into it because don't recognize some of the ingredients. Thanks.