Kratom-hooked, Let’s discuss...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, this is coming up a lot around here, and a lot of guys in the Anabolic section were trusting, honest, and brave enough to admit their struggle. I felt it deserved some much-needed spotlight on how to break this cycle of mild addiction...

I’ve been struggling since February 2017.

I worked my dose up to 2kg a month. A lot by most standards.

I do have a system that is risky but will help some of us get off this addictive natural drug.

More to come, just would like to see who’s interested..

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mod’s if you’d be so kind as to move this once everyone has joined. I feel the AAS users are much more involved with this struggle..

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I was at about 2kg a month as well before i quit. I was getting 17oz every 5-6 days. Had to dose every 4-5 hours or the withdrawals would start kicking in. Thats gets super annoying lol

Newth

Awards
Never used it but I'm in for the learning.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was at about 2kg a month as well before i quit. I was getting 17oz every 5-6 days. Had to dose every 4-5 hours or the withdrawals would start kicking in. Thats gets super annoying lol
I was just about to call you in here and then seen you already posted. Lol

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, this is coming up a lot around here, and a lot of guys in the Anabolic section were trusting, honest, and brave enough to admit their struggle. I felt it deserved some much-needed spotlight on how to break this cycle of mild addiction...

I do have a system that is risky but will help some of us get off this addictive natural drug.

what exactly does kratom feel like?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Define “risky.” There are several things I’d try first before recommending something “risky.”

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is my fear. I've been intrigued by kratom, but also have an addictive personality. I've been on their website many times, added products to the cart and went to checkout only to empty the cart and log off. I have a fear that I'll become dependent on it. Probably just being paranoid. I'm certainly not knocking the product.

Last edited:

Newth

Awards
This is my fear. I've been intrigued by kratom, but also have an addictive personality. I've been on their website many times, added products to the cart and went to checkout only to empty the cart and log off. I have a fear that I'll become dependent on it. Probably just being paranoid. I'm certainly not knocking the knocking it.
Exactly why I will never try coke or H.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed for info. Been on the kratom train for about a month now. Not trying to stop by any means, just curious on thoughts experiences of others.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was at 12-15g day.

Quit cold turkey. Had withdrawals worst than when I quit Xanax. I had sinus like congestion and flu like symptoms for a month.

232 days clean here and do not miss it one bit

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was at 12-15g day.

Quit cold turkey. Had withdrawals worst than when I quit Xanax. I had sinus like congestion and flu like symptoms for a month.

Dang. Guess I’m still learning. That is quite a bit daily. Glad to hear you kicked it!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I was at 12-15g day.

Thats how i started too. Before i knew it i would get 60g packs and run out same day. Then i had to start buying bulk. Withdrawals were literally worse than pain pills for me. Didnt sleep for 2 weeks

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that sh!t sucks. It’s a godsend to people who are trying to quit far worse opioids but if you’re currently not an addict, or you’re not trying to relieve extreme pain, then you might as well stay away. Of course it can be used responsibly, but if you abuse it then the level of dependence you may reach really sucks.

I only took it for a couple months and I’d use 15 grams a day. The withdrawals caused all kinds of serious torment and they lasted two weeks, which is longer than most opioids. I should include that I have a history of addiction so my body became very physically addicted to kratom much faster than somebody who’s never been addicted to pain pills, H, etc.

If you are trying to kick a serious kratom addiction then you need an emergency pack full of things that may relieve your withdrawal symptoms. Weed, kava, benzos for extreme emergencies, those are some essentials. If you have a problem with benzos then find more natural alternatives.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats how i started too. Before i knew it i would get 60g packs and run out same day. Then i had to start buying bulk. Withdrawals were literally worse than pain pills for me. Didnt sleep for 2 weeks
Yeah my sleep was disrupted, from night sweats to RLS. Thing was, my entire body didn’t sweat but my low back and legs did. I would have maybe a total of 3hrs if decent sleep, the rest was tossing and turning and anxiety filled

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, if you are able to get benzos, Clonidine, or gabapentin, they will help. If you want to try and taper your dose down but can’t go any lower than 15grams a day, you CAN jump off, BUT it’s a lousy way to do it. It’s Loperamide(Imodium) and Dextromethorpan(the ingredient in robitussin.
Don’t worry, you won’t robotrip or anything on dxm, you’ll only need 60-100mg a day. The loperamide is the part I don’t love, but it will work. You have to mega dose it. YES it will constipate you like nothing else, but how many of you are already super constipated from Kratom anyways. There’s measures to take to counteract the constipation. Stool softeners and excess water intake. So dosage here is where it gets tricky. Start at 40 pills. It will take 2-3 hours before you start to feel relief, if there’s none at all or only small amounts, go up 20 pills every 2 hours. You may end up over a 100 pills. This sucks but it works. The two together will decimate withdrawals. Now, YOU HAVE TO GET OFF THE LOPES, so every day start dropping 5 pills at least. The half life of this stuff is incredible and you won’t start withdrawaling the next day, but it’s important to dose and drop 5-10 pills, you want this shyt out of you ASAP. It’s like poor man’s Suboxone. So try to get off it in 5 weeks or less. Or sooner...

I have used this method before as well as the pharmaceutical route listed above that. Both are tolerable and you can function and go to work while tapering off this garbage. This is just a method for those desperate, if you can taper K, do it, if you run out of money or resources to get Kratom, this could help you. I’m not here to recommend crazy insane stuff, but for any of you struggling that need an idea to get past this, this can work.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How long does it take to get hooked on Kratom physically?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A week or two if you dose it heavy and daily.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh men, didn't know this chit was so addictive and so hard to get off. I would however think that taking benzos during a withdrawal/taper would only worsen the situation? As benzos are anxiolytic's just as kratom is. Or you might just end up with another addiction which is also hard to get off and it leads to more serious drug abuse. Might be better to take dbol and a larger dose of test plus some other feel good aas like proviron :p

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Benzos are among the most addictive subastances known to man, behind opiates , but Benzo withdrawal, like alcohol, can actually be life threatening from a neurological and cardiac standpoint.

DennisC1986

Awards
I used it in the past to try to get off H. Worked well for me for that but I've learned I can't do any kind of drugs without ****ing my life up again.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Benzos are among the most addictive subastances known to man, behind opiates , but Benzo withdrawal, like alcohol, can actually be life threatening from a neurological and cardiac standpoint.
That’s why I said you shouldn’t use benzos if you have a problem with them or are at risk to develop a problem with them. Yes, benzo withdrawal is scary and it could kill you. If you gave me an opiate supply I’d get hooked immediately and just take it constantly. If you gave me a benzo supply, it’d just sit there until I had a need for them, like if I needed to come down from a panic attack. So for me they’re not very addictive but other people can’t control their use with it.

Some rehab facilities give benzos to people who are going through opiate withdrawal. This is a legitimate medical use of benzos, and of course it comes with a risk of its own.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If one has a problem with kratom, Benzos are the worst thing you can throw into your system. My 2 cents. I think the moral of the story is moderation or none at all

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
If one has a problem with kratom, Benzos are the worst thing you can throw into your system. My 2 cents. I think the moral of the story is moderation or none at all
^^^ this. Taking another drug of abuse to get off a different one is not the way to go. Sure yeah if you go to rehab and your doc there gives it to you for withdrawal then cool. Under doc supervision its ok. But left to our own devices more often than not we'll replace the kratom with benzos

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, there’s many ways to get clean. Some methods work for one person, but try it on someone else and they come away with even greater damage.

There’s places in Thailand where Buddhist monks beat you with bamboo sticks to help you get clean. There’s other places where they teach you how to take care of elephants. So every culture has varying extremes when it comes to helping you get clean.

You could always go to a country where ibogaine treatment is legal. It sounds like the scariest experience on earth but it undoubtably has the highest success rate at getting people off opiates.

DennisC1986

Awards
I've always wanted to try the ibogaine thing

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, there’s many ways to get clean. Some methods work for one person, but try it on someone else and they come away with even greater damage.

There’s places in Thailand where Buddhist monks beat you with bamboo sticks to help you get clean. There’s other places where they teach you how to take care of elephants. So every culture has varying extremes when it comes to helping you get clean.

You could always go to a country where ibogaine treatment is legal. It sounds like the scariest experience on earth but it undoubtably has the highest success rate at getting people off opiates.
Imagine that. Turns out my Dad wasn't really a hard a$$, he was just a monk.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I think it's important to mention that taking kratom doesn't mean you're going to get addicted. Some people (like me, if my fears are correct) should be very careful with it. Many others will be fine.

Just wanted to point that out before we get compared to "Reefer Madness" from back in the day.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
And I think it's important to mention that taking kratom doesn't mean you're going to get addicted. Some people (like me, if my fears are correct) should be very careful with it. Many others will be fine.

Just wanted to point that out before we get compared to "Reefer Madness" from back in the day.
No its literally so bad that if you use it once you're hopelessly addicted and your life is ruined. Just like marijuana. Lol just kidding

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Imagine that. Turns out my Dad wasn't really a hard a$$, he was just a monk.
That cracked me up.

And I agree with you other statement. Kratom is a totally safe substance if you don’t abuse it.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I dont even know why I take kratom every day anymore. It doesnt even do anything for me, just avoiding the agony of quitting I guess. A slow taper works for most opiates.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No its literally so bad that if you use it once you're hopelessly addicted and your life is ruined. Just like marijuana. Lol just kidding
In for chicks turning into nymphomaniacs

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This is true. But anyone who has an addictive personality, struggled with drug use in the past or had the tendency to “over use” should steer clear.

I haven’t met a single person who has recreationally dosed Kratom, it’s always been in the higher gram range to get high.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is true. But anyone who has an addictive personality, struggled with drug use in the past or had the tendency to “over use” should steer clear.

I haven’t met a single person who has recreationally dosed Kratom, it’s always been in the higher gram range to get high.
That was me. Right off the bat I used 10 grams I believe. And it took serious will power to not keep increasing passed 15 grams.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can’t imagine those high doses y’all are talking about. I took 8 grams once and it was way too much. Eyeballs rolling into my head and sedated. Not my cup of tea at all.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As a u-opiate receptor, no it’s not as dangerous. It just be respected. Those with addictive personalities will continue to push their dosage until extreme nausea occurs. For me, that’s not even until I’ve went over the 75gm mark for the day.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
As a u-opiate receptor, no it’s not as dangerous. It just be respected. Those with addictive personalities will continue to push their dosage until extreme nausea occurs. For me, that’s not even until I’ve went over the 75gm mark for the day.
Yeah i was the same way. I always hated it though when i did accidentally take too much

thedudesdad

Awards
I have been drinking Kratom for almost 3 years. I buy the tea already made and drink 1 and at most 2 a day and have for years unless I am traveling. I have one of the most addictive personalities there is(been to rehab 2x in the past) but has been over 11 years since touched alcohol or yayo. When I travel I dont bring Kratom or seek it out and never have any withdrawls or even think about Kratom over the 3-10 days I am gone. For me it has been a godsend with pain and anxiety and thankfully is not even close to addictive to me

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where is RTU tea available?

Fiz

Fiz

Awards
So, if you are able to get benzos, Clonidine, or gabapentin, they will help. If you want to try and taper your dose down but can’t go any lower than 15grams a day, you CAN jump off, BUT it’s a lousy way to do it. It’s Loperamide(Imodium) and Dextromethorpan(the ingredient in robitussin.
Don’t worry, you won’t robotrip or anything on dxm, you’ll only need 60-100mg a day. The loperamide is the part I don’t love, but it will work. You have to mega dose it. YES it will constipate you like nothing else, but how many of you are already super constipated from Kratom anyways. There’s measures to take to counteract the constipation. Stool softeners and excess water intake. So dosage here is where it gets tricky. Start at 40 pills. It will take 2-3 hours before you start to feel relief, if there’s none at all or only small amounts, go up 20 pills every 2 hours. You may end up over a 100 pills. This sucks but it works. The two together will decimate withdrawals. Now, YOU HAVE TO GET OFF THE LOPES, so every day start dropping 5 pills at least. The half life of this stuff is incredible and you won’t start withdrawaling the next day, but it’s important to dose and drop 5-10 pills, you want this shyt out of you ASAP. It’s like poor man’s Suboxone. So try to get off it in 5 weeks or less. Or sooner...

I have used this method before as well as the pharmaceutical route listed above that. Both are tolerable and you can function and go to work while tapering off this garbage. This is just a method for those desperate, if you can taper K, do it, if you run out of money or resources to get Kratom, this could help you. I’m not here to recommend crazy insane stuff, but for any of you struggling that need an idea to get past this, this can work.
This is great advice, altho there are a few other important factors to consider...

Loperamide.. it does work if you "megadose" it n by megadose i would say anything over 15 to 20 2mg tablets, however, when i was at my worst on opiatea it took about 40 to 50 2mg pills a day. Depends on your opiate tolerance level.

It will completely wipe out all withdrawal symptoms..and i mean ALL of them, but megadosing loperamide is in no way safe at all. People who have been megadosing for 2 or more years have died from it. Why? Loperamide, among being an opiate that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier, is also a calcium channel blocker. Calcium channel blockers will do serious damage to your heart over an extended period of time, and people have been dropping dead in recent months, years from megadosing loperamide for an extended amount of time.

Im no doctor so i cant remember the exact mechanism of action, but extended megadosing of loperamide can and will kill you. Just do a google search on it and you'll find plenty of evidence to support this.

I do believe, however, that using loperamide in the short term can be very effective at helping you off opiates. The trick is, especially in an addict's mind (like mine), to stick to a gradual, short term taper. Sounds easy enough, but once you have gotten your withdrawals under control and maybe have even tapered your dose down, the addict in you will tell you its ok to get high just one time..you are on lope now so you wont even have withdrawals from it..etc, etc.

I was on 40 to 60 pills of loperamide for almost a year and a half, and until i got clean i ALWAYS used my drug of choice on top of the lope. It was like a get out of jail free card for me. I had no idea lope could kill.

So be careful about getting yourself addicted to loperamide in place of kratom or any other opiate.

Withdrawal symptoms can be 75-90% elimi nated with much safer medication.

And besides, getting off loperamide is a form of hell in its own right.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m hopelessly addicted to that ****. If they ban it I’m gonna be in a world of hurt. Mattersby’s withdrawal protocol sounds promising though

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is great advice, altho there are a few other important factors to consider...

Loperamide.. it does work if you "megadose" it n by megadose i would say anything over 15 to 20 2mg tablets, however, when i was at my worst on opiatea it took about 40 to 50 2mg pills a day. Depends on your opiate tolerance level.

It will completely wipe out all withdrawal symptoms..and i mean ALL of them, but megadosing loperamide is in no way safe at all. People who have been megadosing for 2 or more years have died from it. Why? Loperamide, among being an opiate that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier, is also a calcium channel blocker. Calcium channel blockers will do serious damage to your heart over an extended period of time, and people have been dropping dead in recent months, years from megadosing loperamide for an extended amount of time.

Im no doctor so i cant remember the exact mechanism of action, but extended megadosing of loperamide can and will kill you. Just do a google search on it and you'll find plenty of evidence to support this.

I do believe, however, that using loperamide in the short term can be very effective at helping you off opiates. The trick is, especially in an addict's mind (like mine), to stick to a gradual, short term taper. Sounds easy enough, but once you have gotten your withdrawals under control and maybe have even tapered your dose down, the addict in you will tell you its ok to get high just one time..you are on lope now so you wont even have withdrawals from it..etc, etc.

I was on 40 to 60 pills of loperamide for almost a year and a half, and until i got clean i ALWAYS used my drug of choice on top of the lope. It was like a get out of jail free card for me. I had no idea lope could kill.

So be careful about getting yourself addicted to loperamide in place of kratom or any other opiate.

Withdrawal symptoms can be 75-90% elimi nated with much safer medication.

And besides, getting off loperamide is a form of hell in its own right.
All EXTREMELY good and useful information. It is not your safest route. A good method to keep your dose low is always to drink pure grapefruit juice and Dxm with it. You can get more out of less this way.

In agreement to Fiz, Lope withdrawal with make you WISH you could go through Kratom withdrawal it’s so awful.

However, lope won’t really get you any enjoyable “high”. You will only be energetic. The key is to use its long half life to your favor. Even though it works so long, you can skip days, don’t. Just simply reduce the amount the next day. If you feel confident remove 10 pills than the day before. Never skip a day. Just reduce. Once you get below 20 pills, start being careful, just go down 2 pills a day, below. Do not skip days until you are under 5 pills a day. If done with discipline, this can be done in 1-2 months. It will be worth it...
Except when you tear your a$$ from the horrendous constipation at first.
Just get in and get out so you don’t damage your digestive system much.

I WANT TO BE CLEAR, THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, THIS IS A WAY OUT FOR THOSE DESPERATE ENOUGH. ITS GOING TO SUCK BUT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING DRASTIC TO BREAK THIS CYCLE. IM NOT ADVISING ANYONE TO DO THIS. THIS IS AN IDEA THAT WILL WORK BECAUSE IVE USED IT BEFORE. IT WAS WORTH THE RISK TO ME AT THE TIME.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a serious phobia of flying and I’m giving it a try next month. My doctor wouldn’t give me a couple Xanax for the flight because I’m in recovery. I have 10 years sober and i have no intent of using it to get high I just want something that will keep me from having a panic attack on the flight. Would Kratom be good for this or is there an alternative that works as good as benzos? I need to get on a ****ing plane. This **** is getting ridiculous

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a serious phobia of flying and I’m giving it a try next month. My doctor wouldn’t give me a couple Xanax for the flight because I’m in recovery. I have 10 years sober and i have no intent of using it to get high I just want something that will keep me from having a panic attack on the flight. Would Kratom be good for this or is there an alternative that works as good as benzos? I need to get on a ****ing plane. This **** is getting ridiculous
You could try kava. It’s kind of like nature’s benzo. Kava pills and stuff like that are usually really weak. Making it the traditional way is how you get a strong dose that’ll really relax you. You could also drink a couple premade drinks from Kalm with Kava. They seem to work but you probably need to drink more than one.

And it’s non-addictive.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can get a handful of Xanax online, if you don’t have a problem with it, it could help, just make it a one time thing. Pm me.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut...works just as good as Xans for me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
<5g daily here with breaks every 5-6 week and get zero withdrawal. Less is more with kratom not only for effects, but overall ease of breaks. This helps with tolerance as well as switching up colors and strains. If you run high dose, it is always best to taper down.

Black seed oil works very well to help taper.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
<5g daily here with breaks every 5-6 week and get zero withdrawal. Less is more with kratom not only for effects, but overall ease of breaks. This helps with tolerance as well as switching up colors and strains. If you run high dose, it is always best to taper down.

Black seed oil works very well to help taper.
Yeah i could never keep usage that low. My starting dose in the morning was way more tham 5g and taking any less wouldnt stop withdrawals from setting in. Some people can do it. Some people just cant

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I take 8-12g nightly and take 2-5 day breaks every couple of weeks. I switch between 2-4 strains a night and usually mix them so I'm never just taking one by itself. I have a high tolerance for everything so my dose is higher than most. I will skip once or twice a week sometimes if I go out and drink. But, the Kratom does keep me from drinking as much as before which I see as a good thing.

I have an addictive personality but don't seem to get awful physical symptoms of withdrawal. Maybe a slight damper in mood and a headache for a day or two, but nothing a Klonopin doesn't fix (literally one Klonopin a day after stopping and that is all I need). I have months worth of Klonopin but that is one thing I will not touch more than 1-2 times a week at the very max. I take Agmatine daily which should help some with withdrawals from what I have seen.

I won't go out searching for Kratom shops if I run out, but if I have some at home I will most likely use it until it's gone which is why I only buy 1-3 weeks worth at a time and force myself a break. I did just buy several weeks worth, so we will see what kind of willpower I actually have when it comes time for a break. Lol

I need to pick up some Black Seed Oil as well, and Cat's Claw can help.

For reference, I took 30-40mg Percocet a night for about a month after surgery because they gave me too much at the pharmacy, and I was stuck to the couch and bored. I stopped when I ran out and never noticed any withdrawals. I used to smoke half a pack of cigarettes a day in 9th grade and just randomly stopped and was fine and never craved one. Maybe I just got lucky in that regard to my body chemistry, but I still have to be careful as I know I have an addictive personality coupled with OCD and Anxiety.