Kratom-hooked, Let’s discuss...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shyt, you were getting reckless. Recreational use of kratom is a far greater alternate to drinking a pint of vodka. I work with a guy who drinks vodka throughout the workday and it turns him into an overconfident c0cksucker and a fake tough guy. Every once in a while I need to check him. When I took kratom at work it just made me more productive and happier. You’re unlikely to do something dumb while under its influence.
I actually think I prefer moderate amounts of kratom to moderate amounts of alcohol (I tend to drink vodka or rum) for socializing and things like that.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I actually think I prefer moderate amounts of kratom to moderate amounts of alcohol (I tend to drink vodka or rum) for socializing and things like that.
I prefer kratom to drinking as well even though i dont do either anymore. Drinking just doesnt ever sound appealing to me anymore. It makes most people loud, belligerent retards most of the time

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But what if you're addicted to being addicted? Serious question. I'm almost 55 and looking back on my life I realize that I seem to go all out on whatever I'm doing. Mushrooms, then cigarettes, then running, then amphetamines, then weightlifting, then alcohol, it never seems to stop. Which is what has stopped me from trying kratom. What makes a person do that?
“The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
-H.S.T. RIP

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer kratom to drinking as well even though i dont do either anymore. Drinking just doesnt ever sound appealing to me anymore. It makes most people loud, belligerent retards most of the time
You’re hanging around the wrong drinkers!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've taught myself to be content with the small subtle effects of kratom. When I first started using it the effects were much better and more pronounced - I miss the euphoria a lot actually. After keeping up with this thread I've found myself spending the last hour searching for these opms gold caps around town. Thanks guys! Not sure if that's good or bad I dive into these! Some reviews make them sound pretty awesome though...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this a kratom thread but I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced tianeptine withdrawals. I'm asking because I'm sitting here right now going through my second day off it's horrendous. That stuff is straight garbage.

It starts out fantastic and if so quickly in and out of your system you find yourself dosing more often. Once you're hooked on it it's a nightmare. If anyone is thinking about trying it my advice to you is stay away. I just slid down a 9 month hole with that garbage and I'm climbing out of it now.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know this a kratom thread but I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced tianeptine withdrawals. I'm asking because I'm sitting here right now going through my second day off it's horrendous. That stuff is straight garbage.

It starts out fantastic and if so quickly in and out of your system you find yourself dosing more often. Once you're hooked on it it's a nightmare. If anyone is thinking about trying it my advice to you is stay away. I just slid down a 9 month hole with that garbage and I'm climbing out of it now.
I hear ya brother. About a 4 month hole for me, last Sunday was my first day without so 1 week clean now. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help. I was at 14-15g per day and went without several times due to dang USPS. First 48 hrs are by far the worst but ime day 3 is tons easier. Day 4 or 5 and your back to life. It sucks but compared to pills or H it's very short lived.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kratom helped a tone during the first few days too brotha. To relax and the restlessness. Even just to get out of the depression for a short time every few hours.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have not heard of tianeptine. The amount of drugs on the market is crazy. There’s so many in a legal gray area. This one sounds shytty though.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have not heard of tianeptine. The amount of drugs on the market is crazy. There’s so many in a legal gray area. This one sounds shytty though.
Its a great tool used with restraint. I used it about 6 times a month for half a year. Then I told a buddy about it and we drove in way too deep. A lot like kratom - once you resolve to constant use it's a mind trip. Your right, too many grey area substances these days. You guys rock though. The gym is what always gets my head on straight. Knowing there's a lot of you guys out there like me is a huge help. Why the hell do some of us struggle with this so much???? This thread has already made me feel better. Not alone in this ya know

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya brother. About a 4 month hole for me, last Sunday was my first day without so 1 week clean now. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help. I was at 14-15g per day and went without several times due to dang USPS. First 48 hrs are by far the worst but ime day 3 is tons easier. Day 4 or 5 and your back to life. It sucks but compared to pills or H it's very short lived.
Yeah man I've made a real mess with this garbage. I had eight years of sobriety and throw it away on an antidepressant that hits the opiate receptors. Reality is at the end of the day I was running from reality. It's the same as any other drug just gray market. And you're exactly right man once you slide down the hole it's really a mind-thing to get out. I made a decision to just drop cold turkey because tapering never seem to work. I feel like absolute garbage right now and I do have some meds to help slide off. Gabapentin is an absolute godsend for the restless legs.

I'm about 48 hrs in right now and have heard 3 days it gets better. I was addicted to H/oxys for 13 years and got clean and totally changed my life. When I started touring with this stuff I had no idea what I would fall into.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But what if you're addicted to being addicted? Serious question. I'm almost 55 and looking back on my life I realize that I seem to go all out on whatever I'm doing. Mushrooms, then cigarettes, then running, then amphetamines, then weightlifting, then alcohol, it never seems to stop. Which is what has stopped me from trying kratom. What makes a person do that?
Then perhaps at least focus on being addicted to things that are beneficial, or at least benign, for the most part. Of course, anything taken to the far extreme becomes detrimental as opposed to beneficial, but at least you'd be doing things that aren't going to be getting you in as much trouble or causing as much damage to you and to those around you (over-lifting or running isn't going to be as damaging as over-drinking or over-drugging for example). And if you can perhaps find more than one "good" thing to be addicted to, you may find that if you can manage to split the time between them, you won't over-do either one of them, but that's not a sure thing either I suppose. It's all about finding a balance, and risk vs reward, so if you can at least minimize the risk of the behaviors/activities you're engaging in, even if you can't achieve a good balance, you'll likely be better off than you were. Hopefully that makes some sense haha.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What does tianeptine even feel like? So it’s an antidepressant but is it an opiate or benzo as well?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Then perhaps at least focus on being addicted to things that are beneficial, or at least benign, for the most part. Of course, anything taken to the far extreme becomes detrimental as opposed to beneficial, but at least you'd be doing things that aren't going to be getting you in as much trouble or causing as much damage to you and to those around you (over-lifting or running isn't going to be as damaging as over-drinking or over-drugging for example). And if you can perhaps find more than one "good" thing to be addicted to, you may find that if you can manage to split the time between them, you won't over-do either one of them, but that's not a sure thing either I suppose. It's all about finding a balance, and risk vs reward, so if you can at least minimize the risk of the behaviors/activities you're engaging in, even if you can't achieve a good balance, you'll likely be better off than you were. Hopefully that makes some sense haha.
I split mine between lifting and fishing lol lifting gets most of my time though

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Google my friend. It's another grey area drug.
Ahh, interesting. I thought maybe you were speaking Dutch. I tried some RC psychedelics back in the day. I can’t remember which ones. 2C-(something) I believe.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What does tianeptine even feel like? So it’s an antidepressant but is it an opiate or benzo as well?
Its a full opiod agonist. Kratom for example is a partial opiate agonist. So this hits the receptors exactly the way you would think. But its a short half life. In and out in a couple hours.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its a full opiod agonist. Kratom for example is a partial opiate agonist. So this hits the receptors exactly the way you would think. But its a short half life. In and out in a couple hours.
Oh okay. So is it comparable to hydrocodone in strength? That has a short half life as well.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh okay. So is it comparable to hydrocodone in strength? That has a short half life as well.
It feels exactly like that... That being said I dont reccomend it if you have an addictive/compulsive personality. Its absolute garbage, it treats you good in the beginning and then bites you.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It feels exactly like that... That being said I dont reccomend it if you have an addictive/compulsive personality. Its absolute garbage, it treats you good in the beginning and then bites you.
Yeah I have an addictive personality which means I HAVE TO TRY IT! Just kidding. My body remembers opiates, like all former junk fiends, so I’d probably get physically dependent to that stuff in as little as 2-5 days. I’m sure it takes longer for people with virgin opiate receptors. I do somehow manage to slip up every once in a while and not dive head first back into everything.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, interesting. I thought maybe you were speaking Dutch. I tried some RC psychedelics back in the day. I can’t remember which ones. 2C-(something) I believe.
2ce? Ive heard that one is just plain nuts

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tianeptine is the ingredient in vicaine. Marketed as opiate-like
I can tell you it feels exactly like hydrocodone.

Reason is I feel fine great on any opioid besides hydrocodone, which makes me vomit like hell, and vicaine feels the same but weaker.

This is not a knock on the product, more it's how I handle certian opiods. I also loved it in lower doses but if I took 2 at once it made me have nausea, and 3 I would vomit. However, if I took one then and hour later an other, then an couple hours later an other felt great.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you it feels exactly like hydrocodone.

Reason is I feel fine great on any opioid besides hydrocodone, which makes me vomit like hell, and vicaine feels the same but weaker.

This is not a knock on the product, more it's how I handle certian opiods. I also loved it in lower doses but if I took 2 at once it made me have nausea, and 3 I would vomit. However, if I took one then and hour later an other, then an couple hours later an other felt great.
Hydrocodone makes you vomit? Thats weird. I used to start out my morning with 4 10's and feel great lol. Kinda strange that the mildest one would make you sick and you feel fine on the others

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah hydro is weak but it’s weird. It increases light sensitivity for me and that can potentially cause headaches. It was an interesting opiate. I liked that it had a different feel to it but it was weak and short lived.

There are so many RC’s that start with 2C so it’s hard for me to say which one I used. I used it a lot though. Someone fronted me over 3 sheets. I think I had like 340 hits of it just given to me. So I messed with it a lot. It was far weaker than lsd but had a few similarities when it comes to visuals. It provided way less introspection and did not make me as uncomfortable in public. But I also often dulled some of the most profound aspects of it by calming myself down with opiates. So it was hard to judge it’s full force. I know somebody who had a seizure from taking it with some form of amphetamine (either adderall or Ritalin) and I know of another kid who died from that combination. A few forms of RC psychedelics should not be combined with any kind of speed.

I’m curious about this vicaine stuff now. I don’t like the fact that it’s an antidepressant. Those make me manic.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There’s a kratom advertisement directly under this post! They’re trying to push it on us!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hydrocodone makes you vomit? Thats weird. I used to start out my morning with 4 10's and feel great lol. Kinda strange that the mildest one would make you sick and you feel fine on the others
Yep morphine and oxy never made me vomit nor does codeine. However give just 5mg of hydrocodone I vomit everywhere.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have done well with low dosing Tianeptine, Vicaine, and Kratom (rarely at the same time) without any issue. Vicaine is my biggest weakness though. It’s a great “pick me up” before going to work, or the gym for that matter.

I am currently out of Vicaine for the past week, and will likely be getting more. I have not really had any issues with withdrawal symptoms though, or feeling like I need it. Same holds true for Kratom, and I have not had any of that on hand for probably 2 months. I will be getting more of that at some point as well.

I certainly have an addictive personality, but I have been able to manage the above mentioned products very well.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done well with low dosing Tianeptine, Vicaine, and Kratom (rarely at the same time) without any issue. Vicaine is my biggest weakness though. It’s a great “pick me up” before going to work, or the gym for that matter.

I am currently out of Vicaine for the past week, and will likely be getting more. I have not really had any issues with withdrawal symptoms though, or feeling like I need it. Same holds true for Kratom, and I have not had any of that on hand for probably 2 months. I will be getting more of that at some point as well.

I certainly have an addictive personality, but I have been able to manage the above mentioned products very well.
Yeah man if one can take as suggested it shouldn't be a problem. The problem comes when you take more. I ran into problems with the vicaine pm (which is what I started on) when I started taking it multiple,times per day and kept increasing my dosage. I was "chasing the feeling" which got me in trouble. I will say if someone can take it as suggested it should work well. I unfortunately was not one of those. No knock on the product, surely it was my own thinking thats got me in trouble. I will say I was a former opiate addict so I probably had no business messing w this stuff anyhow. It was my old addict mind looking for the grey area and it got me in trouble.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Those who can use it without abusing it are lucky. Try to stay on that path.

Today’s my first day going back to my rigorous Manuel labor job after a shoulder injury. I’m about 25% healed and that might be an overstatement. My site is about five blocks from a headshop that I know sells kratom. I may end up having to use it for legit pain reduction reasons. We’ll see. Hopefully I can tough it out.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll add in that tianeptine sodium was hell for me. The first couple weeks were bliss, I was walking around on air thinking, how can this be so unknown yet legal? Took away all anxiety, stress, everything...that should have been a sign. Then after about 3-4 weeks my wife commented that I had been really edgy and almost robotic when arguing. I was shocked because I had no idea and even when she told me, I of course became defensive and started that circle again. It took one of my kids to make a comment about me being in a bad mood when I thought I was in a great mood. I knew at that point, it was the tianpetine that had to go. I was not taking a lot, so I decided to just stop.

The first day was hard because I missed the feel of not caring and I started to notice normal thoughts coming into my mind and unfortunately, the anxiety building was not allowing me to address it. Days 2-5 were the worst with full anxiety all day long and sadness (I won't call it depression). Everything made me sad. I tried to take some 5-htp thinking it was hitting my seratonin, but that didn't make a dent. Adding in 2 a day cardio to try and build up endorphins, but I had little energy. I was just down, down, down. After about 7-10 days I started to see some of the anxiety going away and sleeping better. All in all, it took me about 2 weeks to completely come back to normal- after only about 6 weeks on.

Now, keep in mind this was the sodium version which is what gives the nice "high". The sulfate has a much longer half life and anecdotal reports seem to read that people don't have the same difficulty, but also don't get the same effects.

Speaking of vicaine, I had it out with the owner of the company on a long thread and IM regarding adding in tianeptine sodium, and it went no where. But, people should be cautious of the ingredient.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I have an addictive personality which means I HAVE TO TRY IT! Just kidding. My body remembers opiates, like all former junk fiends, so I’d probably get physically dependent to that stuff in as little as 2-5 days. I’m sure it takes longer for people with virgin opiate receptors. I do somehow manage to slip up every once in a while and not dive head first back into everything.
This is why I think that people that have used opiates in the past have a hard time with kratom WD. Those of us that had not used H or pills don't have that in our minds (other than the short tianeptine episode I had) and don't experience the WD. I literally get nothing but a day of laziness and stuffy nose.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Still holding up at only 2 doses a day vs 3. Clonasepam dose was generally .5mg 1x a day now up to .5mg 2x a day. Lots of caffeine to fight off lethargy. I think I'm going to give it a week for my body to get used to this dose then slowly taper down by .5g every week. Hopefully in a week I can lower my clonazepam dosage back down too. Currently 5.5g 2x a day alternating 2 strains, red and green.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been reading a lot on potentiators. Anyone have a good experience from any of the many touted routes to potentiate? Maybe that could help lower dosages or at least keep me from chasing after things to make me feel like kratom used to.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I definitely get more of a buzz when I dose now; 2x a day vs 3. But I guess it evens out as I feel shyttier between doses. Damned laws of nature

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I definitely get more of a buzz when I dose now; 2x a day vs 3. But I guess it evens out as I feel shyttier between doses. Damned laws of nature
Is it really a noticeable difference? How long have you been taking kratom daily?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is it really a noticeable difference? How long have you been taking kratom daily?
Yes, 3x daily and it just makes me feel normal, or a slight buzz. 2x daily and it feels like I popped a couple perks for about 2 hours, then slowly back to (and then below) baseline. About the 3 hour mark I feel normal and the 6 hour mark I start feeling ****ty

3.5 years now I've been a daily user

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've been reading a lot on potentiators. Anyone have a good experience from any of the many touted routes to potentiate? Maybe that could help lower dosages or at least keep me from chasing after things to make me feel like kratom used to.
Simply grapefruit juice and dextromothorphan. Can even help lower dose too

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
OMG Jucifer IPA is heaven in a glass

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Aaaaaaand 250 calories in a glass.

I would be 7%BF right now if it wasn’t for IPA’s

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Simply grapefruit juice and dextromothorphan. Can even help lower dose too
Can it get that happy feeling back again or just make it last longer? Tough to find real reports, just "this should work" type crap. I wouldn't mind lowering my dose AND getting that old TOM drop feeling back.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Black seed oil works very well and is great when you take breaks. Agmatine is another, but some report that is lessens some of the euphoria. I haven't noticed that, but I take agmatine everyday and may not have noticed as I didn't introduce it.

Also, switching colors and strains. I switch every couple of days between my 12 types. Lol. If I take the same for more than 2-3 days, the feel is definitely less and this makes you want to up the dose, which is bad.

I believe these may be in part why I have been able to keep dosing at < 5g a day and still have great effects.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn.... I almost picked some up. I’ll stick to weed every now and then. Thanks for sharing all.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OMG Jucifer IPA is heaven in a glass
Great.....Now I'm trying to find some place within 100 miles of Shyt Splat, Illinois that has this hazy nectar of the Gods.

Scott4bama15

Awards
Just saw the title and quickly want to point out that there’s nothing mild about Kratom addiction. 6 months daily use at up to 20+ grams per day and it was pure hell getting off the stuff. Dosed twice daily am/pm. I felt healthier on it than I had ever felt but it’s not worth it.