MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I see a lot of people getting in a good Thumb Work-Out in.
What is worse they want to rest on the machine and not let people work in. Then don't realize they are resting 10 minutes between sets.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
GHR’s are badass. Probably my most missed piece of equipment. One day I will have one, but not anytime soon lol. Priorities.
I don't ever think I have used one ? I have a similar piece of equipment but it is different ??

Slots1

Awards
Thanks
I read your tread, i got a few question after i saw your bloodwork post - but ithink i need to tell some backstory to paint a fuller picture

so, i have never taken homones, since i was 23, back then i took a few oxey think it was 2weeks - maby 50 dbol same 2 week 12 aday if i remember right - and ithink it was 1mg test shot as far i remeber i had 1mg or 1ml ampuls (the break of top veail kind). i stopped after that first week of test shot, took mabe the pils for another week or 2 then stopped totaly sold the rest of stuff.
since then never serius trained, allmost did nothing exercise wise, tho we eat clean over here in eu, allways homecooked meals.

I have almost never lost any size from my early 20´s , arms still 39.5cm unpump and chest still the same around 117cm flexed mesured em several time s over the years for fun im 167cm high.
i bet over the years its been a few cm diffrence -/+ for the chest but from my view i allways looked similar, tho.
alittle more or less fat over time 20 years have past now, i have a very thick skin allways have had that, not all over but on underarms - thighes - stomace and alittle on chest, biceps - face - hands + other areas seems not as thick and rather thin. (Prob more underfat other aereas) as i drink alot of milk 0.5%-1.5% fat - allways have done that.

at a point i drank 2.l Coke aday for years never got very obesse weight was 78kg leanish when ilast trained in my 20´s dono body fat and never exceeded 87-89kg over the 20 years, fat seems to sit on upperbody torso but not a hugh belly its spred out more, but i had to stopdrinking soda after my boodtest in 2020 then lost a few kgs.

now for the questions - i got a few questions as i saw your blood test results.

my last blood test came back .

low HDL - high LDL + Triglycerid P very high 2x+ normal and just alittle over normal combined colesterol not alot- i looked back over the years in my journal, as i never been told about it before, and can see my LDL have been alot over normal since aleast 2008 tests, its first time a doctor told me that my LDL + Triglycerid P was very high - usealy iv been told my combine was a smidgen over normal but nothing to worrie about.
over here normal its under>5.0 as the highest range, and my was as highest 5.7 and sometimes 5.2 and even normal some tests.
but thats not cool if HDL low and LDL+Triglycerid P very high to make the combines "normal" or`?

Hæmoglobin B have been just under normal range sometime 20-25%% under and barly normal range+ Hæmoglobin a1 just barly inside normal over the years flipfloping outside and bearly inside.

i dont have any other hormone stats taken, iknow iv had years of checks where all seemd fine (liver ect) beside that little colesterol issue i was told not to worrie alot about. from my doctors

blodpressure have been around 120-145 /90-95 ish also in this period (diffrent pressure at times). not alarming but little high.
its now controled whit alittle dose of reprimil and its back to normal 120/80 pulse allways been under 70.

Could thise stats have something to do whit my Test levels and other homones? could i have fked something up back in 20 years agow with that small sample i did and not had major sides.?

So i live a pretty clean life vs usa standards, allways homecooked, rice potato - milk - pasta - fresh meat veggies . ect ect. only thing i could point to was the 2l soda for years. prob maby 2008-2020 allmost 2l aday.

anyways im allmost your age now 43, and since i saw your stats and u have expirence whit bloodwork i tought i whould give a little backstory , and ask here.

i have a blood testing the comming weeks. i look over what was orderd, and no homone test only the colesterol mainly + liver ect. the normal yearly checkup stuff.

im gonna call and ask for testrone test +free test - any other stuff i should beg her to test whit my current numbers and alittle high bloodpressure.

Last edited:
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hairy Grandpa went MIA quite some time ago ??
Yeah I remember that's about the time I stopped coming around, I was in a motorcycle wreck which involved me having surgery on my left wrist and elbow. So I was out of the gym for about a year and before that was just not hitting it like I used to. I got comfortable having a girlfriend who was content with isolation and a sedentary lifestlye. Trying to get myself back up now been in the gym for a few weeks. Got a good settlement and a new bike, my arm is feeling strong so I'm ready to go after it again.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome Back Brother! I have a feeling I would look pretty damn sharp about 185 but it is a hard pill to swallow after looking like a beast at 205-210 for a while. Unfortunately he disappeared on us a while back shortly after letting us know about some health issues he had. So we have not idea what happened to him.
And you know this Maaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 215768
Yeah I remember your contest photos I think, you were shredded and lean but IDK what weight you were at. I find as I get older I feel best around 190 10%ish bodyfat. I may not post a log but I'm gonna be right here with you on your journey while I'm on my own this year. About to be 45 so I'm not far behind ya.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks
I read your tread, i got a few question after i saw your bloodwork post - but ithink i need to tell some backstory to paint a fuller picture

so, i have never taken homones, since i was 23, back then i took a few oxey think it was 2weeks - maby 50 dbol same 2 week 12 aday if i remember right - and ithink it was 1mg test shot as far i remeber i had 1mg or 1ml ampuls (the break of top veail kind). i stopped after that first week of test shot, took mabe the pils for another week or 2 then stopped totaly sold the rest of stuff.
since then never serius trained, allmost did nothing exercise wise, tho we eat clean over here in eu, allways homecooked meals.

I have almost never lost any size from my early 20´s , arms still 39.5cm unpump and chest still the same around 117cm flexed mesured em several time s over the years for fun im 167cm high.
i bet over the years its been a few cm diffrence -/+ for the chest but from my view i allways looked similar, tho.
alittle more or less fat over time 20 years have past now, i have a very thick skin allways have had that, not all over but on underarms - thighes - stomace and alittle on chest, biceps - face - hands + other areas seems not as thick and rather thin. (Prob more underfat other aereas) as i drink alot of milk 0.5%-1.5% fat - allways have done that.

at a point i drank 2.l Coke aday for years never got very obesse weight was 78kg leanish when ilast trained in my 20´s dono body fat and never exceeded 87-89kg over the 20 years, fat seems to sit on upperbody torso but not a hugh belly its spred out more, but i had to stopdrinking soda after my boodtest in 2020 then lost a few kgs.

now for the questions - i got a few questions as i saw your blood test results.

my last blood test came back .

low HDL - high LDL + Triglycerid P very high 2x+ normal and just alittle over normal combined colesterol not alot- i looked back over the years in my journal, as i never been told about it before, and can see my LDL have been alot over normal since aleast 2008 tests, its first time a doctor told me that my LDL + Triglycerid P was very high - usealy iv been told my combine was a smidgen over normal but nothing to worrie about.
over here normal its under>5.0 as the highest range, and my was as highest 5.7 and sometimes 5.2 and even normal some tests.
but thats not cool if HDL low and LDL+Triglycerid P very high to make the combines "normal" or`?

Hæmoglobin B have been just under normal range sometime 20-25%% under and barly normal range+ Hæmoglobin a1 just barly inside normal over the years flipfloping outside and bearly inside.

i dont have any other hormone stats taken, iknow iv had years of checks where all seemd fine (liver ect) beside that little colesterol issue i was told not to worrie alot about. from my doctors

blodpressure have been around 120-145 /90-95 ish also in this period (diffrent pressure at times). not alarming but little high.
its now controled whit alittle dose of reprimil and its back to normal 120/80 pulse allways been under 70.

Could thise stats have something to do whit my Test levels and other homones? could i have fked something up back in 20 years agow with that small sample i did and not had major sides.?

So i live a pretty clean life vs usa standards, allways homecooked, rice potato - milk - pasta - fresh meat veggies . ect ect. only thing i could point to was the 2l soda for years. prob maby 2008-2020 allmost 2l aday.

anyways im allmost your age now 43, and since i saw your stats and u have expirence whit bloodwork i tought i whould give a little backstory , and ask here.

i have a blood testing the comming weeks. i look over what was orderd, and no homone test only the colesterol mainly + liver ect. the normal yearly checkup stuff.

im gonna call and ask for testrone test +free test - any other stuff i should beg her to test whit my current numbers and alittle high bloodpressure.
Thanks for joining the thread. I doubt that your bloodwork is having anything to do with you beginning and stopping a cycle very quickly 20 years ago especially considering your bloodwork has been fine recently. I can not really give you much insight based off of the information you supplied because even with home cooked meals, the amounts and types of meats you are eating could be related. I would have your doctor check your blood sugar levels, and A1C to rule out adult onset diabetes. However a lot of this could also be hereditary.

A few heart healthy suggestions typically good for everyone who does not have some sort of metabolic issue to consider. If you are lifting weights regularly great. If not then start. I would definitely add in regular cardio to assist, look for low saturated fat food choices, watch simple / easily digested carbohydrate intake and get in a lot of fibrous carbohydrates to assist with your lipids elevation issue.

As far as testosterone, it could help with the issue, or exacerbate it. I would discuss that with your doctor. However if you have low testosterone it could definitely cause issues, and in general provides a better quality of life to look into TRT.

In an effort not to derail my thread would you mind copying your post into a thread of your own? You are welcome to put a link in here for some of the others to provide feed back. However you will need to provide more detail regarding amounts of foods and what type, as well as if you are doing regular cardio and the like. When asking people about stuff like this specifics are very important.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/4/22 Back Day

Warm Up = Rowing Machine x 1100 yards

Tempo
- 2-0-1 on everything but pull ups which were 1-0-1, really focused on contraction with all rows.

OH Pull Ups - 8-7-6-6-6 - Pretty good work for overhand grip, I have been doing mostly neutral grip for a while. not to mention being fasted

HS Supinated Grip High Rows - 100x12, 140x8, 160x8, 160x8 - Nice contraction here, and biceps involvement felt good.

Iso-lateral Seated Row Machine - 90x10, 180x10, 180x10, 180x10 - This one was an interesting machine, nice feel to it though.

Weighted AB machine 4 sets of 15

I am starting to look better again, hopefully my body allows me to keep on moving and making progress. I haven't done much in the way of cardio while out here, just training and eating reasonably. I did take a 2.4 mile walk yesterday, and have done some other walking while looking for food. Also walking about 10 minutes after meals.

GHR’s are badass. Probably my most missed piece of equipment. One day I will have one, but not anytime soon lol. Priorities.
Yeah, they are not cheap, but I would not need another hamstring exercise if I owned one.
I love asking people how many sets they have left when they’re scrolling on their phone. It’s like watching a kid’s face when you bust him doing something he knows he’s not supposed to
Yeah, it helps when you are starting to look like a house.
I don't ever think I have used one ? I have a similar piece of equipment but it is different ??
Oh completely different than a back extension or anything else. You are actually curling your upper body weight at an disadvantageous leverage angle with your glutes and hams. The contraction and effort is something to be revered!
Yeah I remember that's about the time I stopped coming around, I was in a motorcycle wreck which involved me having surgery on my left wrist and elbow. So I was out of the gym for about a year and before that was just not hitting it like I used to. I got comfortable having a girlfriend who was content with isolation and a sedentary lifestlye. Trying to get myself back up now been in the gym for a few weeks. Got a good settlement and a new bike, my arm is feeling strong so I'm ready to go after it again.
Kill it man, just work that arm in appropriately and watch for any imbalances you may have developed due to the injury.
Yeah I remember your contest photos I think, you were shredded and lean but IDK what weight you were at. I find as I get older I feel best around 190 10%ish bodyfat. I may not post a log but I'm gonna be right here with you on your journey while I'm on my own this year. About to be 45 so I'm not far behind ya.
I was looking pretty stellar from 190 down to 178. So I know I will look good, it is just a lot smaller than I was a couple years ago before my string of injuries. I am making improvements now, and consistency will rule the day to get me where I need to be.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gym Pics - nothing too impressive to look at but a nice gym nonetheless. There is also a functional training area upstairs with sleds and kettle bells, it has cushioned astro turf flooring. However lots of ladies up there this morning so I didn't feel it would be appropriate taking pictures.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everything you need right there!
No doubt, keeping things simple right now. Good news! I verified with them that I can deadlift so that is going down this week as well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice looking clean gym !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do I just post my testosterone questions here or…

Yeah I’d be content with that gym, especially when traveling.

Slots1

Awards
thanks for your awnsers, yea i dont think i want many ppl chiming in whit diffent ideas yea, i just saw you similar bloodwork and tought id ask seeing u had 20k+ posts too
. thanks .
i ask the doctor for some more stats.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thanks for your awnsers, yea i dont think i want many ppl chiming in whit diffent ideas yea, i just saw you similar bloodwork and tought id ask seeing u had 20k+ posts too
. thanks .
i ask the doctor for some more stats.
@Slots1 No worries! Lots of brilliant minds on here, many who know more about blood work than I do. You might benefit more from others input but I do understand. You might search for a diet plan to lower cholesterol as a starting point. Hope you stick around and follow the log.

5/5/22 Dead lifts

Warm Up 6 minutes on Stair mill - Banded side walks

Conventional Dead lifts - OH Grip 135x8, 225x8, 275x5, Mixed Grip 315x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5
- alternated mixed grip on the 315 sets to keep things even.

Sumo Dead Lifts - 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5 - alternated mixed grip to keep things even.

That was it, grip was toast and was a lot of volume considering I haven't been deadlifting a lot.

So on my quest for regaining a lil mass this week I have eaten well. Tonight will be the crescendo of that when I go to a Churrascaria! I love to go to these places even if I have to pay a little over the expenses allow for dinner. There are to close by so I am going to do a little reading on them, and figure out which is supposed to be the best. I figured the day of dead lifts was the day to bring on the massive amounts of protein!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Slots1 No worries! Lots of brilliant minds on here, many who know more about blood work than I do. You might benefit more from others input but I do understand. You might search for a diet plan to lower cholesterol as a starting point. Hope you stick around and follow the log.

5/5/22 Dead lifts

Conventional Dead lifts - OH Grip 135x8, 225x8, 275x5, Mixed Grip 315x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5

Sumo Dead Lifts - 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5 - alternated mixed grip to keep things even.

That was it, grip was toast and was a lot of volume considering I haven't been deadlifting a lot.

So on my quest for regaining a lil mass this week I have eaten well. Tonight will be the crescendo of that when I go to a Churrascaria! I love to go to these places even if I have to pay a little over the expenses allow for dinner. There are to close by so I am going to do a little reading on them, and figure out which is supposed to be the best. I figured the day of dead lifts was the day to bring on the massive amounts of protein!!!
Yeah, you definitely want that extra protein after that much volume on dead lifts…..gotta feed the beast. 💪

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

5/5/22 Dead lifts

You should be able to get plenty of Protein there !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy the meat sweats!!! You earned them; that was a great deadlift session in the context of your recent training. Definitely going to see some gains reawakening from that one.

What was your best deadlift to date? I feel like you pulled something between 560-620 conventional at that powerlifting meet you did, but I’m struggling to recall…

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy the meat sweats!!! You earned them; that was a great deadlift session in the context of your recent training. Definitely going to see some gains reawakening from that one.

What was your best deadlift to date? I feel like you pulled something between 560-620 conventional at that powerlifting meet you did, but I’m struggling to recall…
Yes Sir, that is correct, my top pull was 275kg / 606.27lbs and I had a little more in the tank from the looks of the pull. I think I will be able to rebuild a lot of my body weight if I can regain leg mass. I would actually like to beat that at some point because I know I had more. That was on a pretty mild cycle too.

Speaking of, I am going to be ready to pull the trigger on something in the next month or so. Money is tight, I may have to resort to some of my current orals and spend the money on supports, but we shall see. Going to keep on training with less frequency per body part and see how far I can go.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way, I don't normally get DOMS, but I am a little sore everywhere and thankfully in my chest which is where i have lost some mass from not being able to press consistently with the frequency I was doing previously. @Hyde who was it you were recommending a while back for power lifting training that deloaded every 3rd week? I think it was something about 10/20 or 20/10 I may have to look into that to see if something I can work at.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks pretty fancy to me!
After seeing the one in @BennyMagoo79's log it just didn't seem to hold a candle but it is very nice, clean and has most everything you need. DB's even go up to 100lbs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I thought the same thing !!
I am pretty lucky to have an awesome Fitness Connection near my house. In Texas we have a lot of space so the gym is pretty expansive and has huge screens on the wall. I don't think I ever realize how spoiled we are there until I travel. We have probably 10+ quality machines per body part, DB's to 125, lots of benches, 5 or 6 leg press stations, 6-8 places to squat and enough free weight for everyone to lift heavy at the same time. A good size functional fitness area, one of those tire flipping machines. The cardio machine area alone is as big as this gym. I do wish they had a GHR there though. Plus they have a women's only gym behind closed doors for those who are not comfortable on the main floor. It is actually pretty awesome in comparison. I will have to take some pictures of it when I get home. It isn't bougie with a lot of art, but the art is in the equipment selection.

This morning I did shoulders and some arm work. I found that my shoulder was a bit stiff and a little aggravated this morning. So I didn't push too hard. Got in some volume and called it so I could get upstairs and prepare to check out of the hotel.

Octane Smart Stepper - 6 minutes
Various shoulder movements with 5lb DBs for a few minutes and then 10 lbs for a few minutes - Had to take extra time get blood into my stiff shoulder.

Everything was done with about a 4-0-2 tempo to keep things safe and effective

Arnold Press 30 x 15 x 2 sets

Iso-lateral Shoulder press machine - 45ps x RPE7, 70ps x 15-8 reps x 4 sets
- most reps were done alternating arms holding one arm just short of lock out while performing the rep on the other side to increase TUT, only the last few reps were done both arms at a time each set.

DB Lateral Raises - 20 x 15-8 x 4 sets - these had my medial delts on fire with the slow tempo

Barbell Curls 45xRPE9, 65xRPE9 x 2
Incline Skull Crushers - 45xRPE9, 65xRPE9
- decided to call it on these due to shoulder instability creeping in.

Reverse Flies - 70 x 20-12 x 4 sets - really focused on isolating the rear delts and keeping upper back out of it.
Single Arm Reverse grip Cable Triceps Extension - 40x15 reps x 2 sets - great contraction on these!

Going to do a little retooling of how to do this split, and add vertical pressing to chest day. Also likely to make dead lifts the day before I take off for a couple days. Either way I have really enjoyed going to a bit of a bro split again.

Oh the churrascaria last night was actually the one of the best I have been to thus far. I probably ate 2 lbs of picahna, sirloin, filet, leg of lamb and lamb chops last night. I definitely had the meat sweats! It is called Chima Steakhouse if you are ever in Charlotte and want to get your protein on at an amazing place. Definitely recommend, but make a reservation!

Last edited:
SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm lucky as well, my gym is 4 blocks from my house. Not real fancy but has everything I need. plus some occasional eye candy to help with the testosterone flow!

Only thing better is Rockets sweet ass home dudgeon.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am pretty lucky to have an awesome Fitness Connection near my house. In Texas we have a lot of space so the gym is pretty expansive and has huge screens on the wall. I don't think I ever realize how spoiled we are there until I travel. We have probably 10+ quality machines per body part, DB's to 125, lots of benches, 5 or 6 leg press stations, 6-8 places to squat and enough free weight for everyone to lift heavy at the same time. A good size functional fitness area, one of those tire flipping machines. The cardio machine area alone is as big as this gym. I do wish they had a GHR there though. Plus they have a women's only gym behind closed doors for those who are not comfortable on the main floor. It is actually pretty awesome in comparison. I will have to take some pictures of it when I get home. It isn't bougie with a lot of art, but the art is in the equipment selection.

This morning I did shoulders and some arm work. I found that my shoulder was a bit stiff and a little aggravated this morning. So I didn't push too hard. Got in some volume and called it so I could get upstairs and prepare to check out of the hotel.

Octane Smart Stepper - 6 minutes
Various shoulder movements with 5lb DBs for a few minutes and then 10 lbs for a few minutes - Had to take extra time get blood into my stiff shoulder.

Everything was done with about a 4-0-2 tempo to keep things safe and effective

Arnold Press 30 x 15 x 2 sets

Iso-lateral Shoulder press machine - 45ps x RPE7, 70ps x 15-8 reps x 4 sets
- most reps were done alternating arms holding one arm just short of lock out while performing the rep on the other side to increase TUT, only the last few reps were done both arms at a time each set.

DB Lateral Raises - 20 x 15-8 x 4 sets - these had my medial delts on fire with the slow tempo

Barbell Curls 45xRPE9, 65xRPE9 x 2
Incline Skull Crushers - 45xRPE9, 65xRPE9
- decided to call it on these due to shoulder instability creeping in.

Reverse Flies - 70 x 20-12 x 4 sets - really focused on isolating the rear delts and keeping upper back out of it.
Single Arm Reverse grip Cable Triceps Extension - 40x15 reps x 2 sets - great contraction on these!

Going to do a little retooling of how to do this split, and add vertical pressing to chest day. Also likely to make dead lifts the day before I take off for a couple days. Either way I have really enjoyed going to a bit of a bro split again.

Oh the churrascaria last night was actually the one of the best I have been to thus far. I probably ate 2 lbs of picahna, sirloin, filet, leg of lamb and lamb chops last night. I definitely had the meat sweats! It is called Chima Steakhouse if you are ever in Charlotte and want to get your protein on at an amazing place. Definitely recommend, but make a reservation!
That gym sounds like a dream gym…..no waiting.
I really like Arnold Presses…..very effective, but you don’t see many people doing them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm lucky as well, my gym is 4 blocks from my house. Not real fancy but has everything I need. plus some occasional eye candy to help with the testosterone flow!

The only problem is, I'm the eye candy :(

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
After seeing the one in @BennyMagoo79's log it just didn't seem to hold a candle but it is very nice, clean and has most everything you need. DB's even go up to 100lbs.
Glad you tagged me mate, didn’t realise you had this new log going!

now to catch up…

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@MrKleen73 it’s good to have your log in my feed again mate. You inspire me!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yep his sweet ass in a home dungeon might be nicer. Oh wait... WHAT????
That gym sounds like a dream gym…..no waiting.
I really like Arnold Presses…..very effective, but you don’t see many people doing them.
Yeah, sometimes you might not work on the one you want to, but you will be able to find another machine to work the body part. On Monday evenings there is still always a wait for bench
The only problem is, I'm the eye candy :(
That's why @SHORSE said it was the only thing better.
Glad you tagged me mate, didn’t realise you had this new log going!

now to catch up…
Awesome to have you in here, I thought you might have been in here once before and it fell off.
Get yourself some of those tights with the special stitching that makes every bum look great.
LMAO
@MrKleen73 it’s good to have your log in my feed again mate. You inspire me!
Thank you Sir! You do the same for me!

Not going to happen !!
AWWWW MAN!!!!! LOL

5/11/2022 - 5 days of no lifting, but a great time with my sister.

I got into Houston last night and had a lot to take care of when I got home. Dog was sick and I was up all night cleaning up his repeated bouts of diarrhea. He got sick from licking medicine of of himself. So I was not getting up at 4:30 this morning to train. I plan on training when I get home tonight. Going to have to be easy on the shoulder today. I slept wrong on my left shoulder and it is a bit tight and aggravated today. Got to love it. Going to have to set up an appointment with the ortho and see if I can maybe get a shot to help get past this and if no relief at least I will know it is something that will require a real intervention.

I enjoyed some good food at my sisters but it was far from healthy choices. Her husband made some great ribs and a huge batch of fried potatoes with onions and peppers one day and we ate off of that for a couple days. We also had some awesome BBQ chicken quarters, and then some cherry tarts for dessert that were great. Not to mention a sushi dinner they took me out to. So eating was good, but I don't think there was much damage since I was not eating a high volume of food. We only ate twice a day.

Definitely ready to get back in it, the extra 2 days off were nice, and I am looking pretty thick without much extra around the waist so I imagine a regrew a lil something after the hard push last week. I will update after my lift on how things went. I am sure once warmed up I will be able to get some decent work in.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep his sweet ass in a home dungeon might be nicer. Oh wait... WHAT????
Yeah, sometimes you might not work on the one you want to, but you will be able to find another machine to work the body part. On Monday evenings there is still always a wait for bench
That's why @SHORSE said it was the only thing better.
Awesome to have you in here, I thought you might have been in here once before and it fell off.
LMAO
Thank you Sir! You do the same for me!

AWWWW MAN!!!!! LOL

5/11/2022 - 5 days of no lifting, but a great time with my sister.

I got into Houston last night and had a lot to take care of when I got home. Dog was sick and I was up all night cleaning up his repeated bouts of diarrhea. He got sick from licking medicine of of himself. So I was not getting up at 4:30 this morning to train. I plan on training when I get home tonight. Going to have to be easy on the shoulder today. I slept wrong on my left shoulder and it is a bit tight and aggravated today. Got to love it. Going to have to set up an appointment with the ortho and see if I can maybe get a shot to help get past this and if no relief at least I will know it is something that will require a real intervention.

I enjoyed some good food at my sisters but it was far from healthy choices. Her husband made some great ribs and a huge batch of fried potatoes with onions and peppers one day and we ate off of that for a couple days. We also had some awesome BBQ chicken quarters, and then some cherry tarts for dessert that were great. Not to mention a sushi dinner they took me out to. So eating was good, but I don't think there was much damage since I was not eating a high volume of food. We only ate twice a day.

Definitely ready to get back in it, the extra 2 days off were nice, and I am looking pretty thick without much extra around the waist so I imagine a regrew a lil something after the hard push last week. I will update after my lift on how things went. I am sure once warmed up I will be able to get some decent work in.
Ribs and fried potatoes are hard to turn down…..sometimes you just have to eat it for the family. lol
What do you think is wrong with your shoulder, Rotator cuff ? You ever tried BPC 157? It doesn’t help everything, but still is an amazing compound.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like good family time! Hope the pup is doing better now. Keep us updated with the ortho.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad I'm Young !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Following too , I will be 50 in October!!
Glad to have you man!
Sounds like good family time! Hope the pup is doing better now. Keep us updated with the ortho.
I am looking for another ortho now. Any suggestions on how to find a good one? My old sports medicine ortho is no longer on our insurance so been on the hunt but can't really seem to find much data on the ones my insurance provide. I want one who does sports medicine so they understand I NEED to lift with some intensity and passion not subdued training all the time.
Getting old is awesome! go to bed and wake up with shoulder, back or neck pain! got to love it!
Oh yeah, have to love it. NOT! Yeah I went a little old school there.
Glad I'm Young !!
Amen to that Rocket!

I have started updating a couple times and just haven't had time to do so. Lot's going on with Sage's prom and graduation coming up and we have a major project at work so just a lot of stuff to deal with. I have been getting in workouts although they have been relatively easy going.

I did a couple full body workouts where I did 2 work sets for every body part. Only allowing up to an RPE7.

Monday Morning - Cardio -
Jogged 1.5 miles nonstop outside
- I was very impressed with this. First time trying to run in a long time!
Battle Rope - 6 sets - performed until gasping for air and walking about 150 yards in between sets for my rest periods. There was no rest in between the jogging and battle ropes I had them drug out ahead of time. They are 2 inch and 50 foot so very challenging.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday light full body at the gym - 2 work sets per body part to an RPE7 in the 20-15 rep range for most things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday - Holy Calf DOMS Batman!!!!

AM Session -

Incline Walking on Treadmill 35 minutes - 372 calories
ab work

Lunch Session -
Rowing machine 1200 meters

RC Work
Banded Internal and external rotation - multiple angles

Banded Disclocators

44lb Core Bag - Anti-Rotation Swings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday - AM Workout Upper Body
Warm Up
10 minutes various movements for blood flow to upper body

4-0-2 tempo - everything done with "intentions principle"
Rep Goal - weights were picked to hit around 15 on 1st set to RPE7

HS Decline Press - 70ps x 2 sets rpe7

CG Seated Cable Rows - 100, 115 to RPE7

Arnold Press - 35 x 2 @ RPE7

Rear Delt Flyes 70 x 2 @ RPE 7

Dips 20, 15 @ RPE7
Pull Ups x5 x4 RPE7

EZ Bar Curls Super Set with Incline Skull Crushers 70 x 2 second set to RPE8

Icaarian True Squat facing in for Glutes - 2pps x 20 - just to get blood in there and move. RPE5 maybe...

Going to try to jog again tomorrow if calfs will allow.

Lower Body on Saturday will likely add a couple of sets of arms just to puff them up a bit since I can do things that don't bother the shoulders there.

I have definitely improved diet some, eating leaner meats, and more fibrous veggies trying to stoke the furnace a bit while hoping to bring the lipids down. Going to see if I can get into the blood donation clinic at lunch today. My doctor was supposed to have sent in my phlebotomy papers, so we shall see if they have them yet or not. They forgot to send them last time.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Consider calling around to ascertain the orthos that consult for local sports teams. That’s how I went about finding mine. Good luck!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Consider calling around to ascertain the orthos that consult for local sports teams. That’s how I went about finding mine. Good luck!
Thanks, good idea. I just need work to slow down long enough to get some time to look this stuff up while places are open.

I did a nice lower session yesterday.

Warm Up - 1 mile walk carrying 44lbs of chain doing various carries and lifts.

SSB Squats - 115x15, 155x10, 175x5, 95x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5, x5, x5

Leg Press = 270 x until it burned x 3 sets - massive quad pump!

Calves on leg press = 270 x until it burned x 3 sets

Walk 1 mile

I will very likely go home and do an upper body session, or try to squeeze one in during the AM. Tomorrow is graduation day so if it ain't early it ain't happening.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/25/22 update

Upper Body Session -

HS Seated Rows - Low Close OHG
- 1pps x10, 2pps x8, 2pps +25 x 5, 3pps x5, x5
NG 3pps x5, x5
Upper wide OHG 3pps x5, 5

HS Incline Press - 45ps x 10, 70ps x 10, 90ps x10, 10, 8
HS Decline Press - 90ps x10, 90x10, 115ps x8

NG Pull Ups - 5, 5, 4

Dips - 23, 16

Rear Delt Flies - 70x12, 90x12, 12

Pin Wheel Curls - 35x8, 6, 6

DB OH Triceps Ext - 75x12, 12, 11

Body Weight is on it's way up, I am seeing some welcomed size difference. I weighed in at 212 yesterday morning which was a welcome weight to see on the scale. Although not dieting, or bulking at the moment, I have been getting in a solid 3 meals a day with calories in the 2600-2800 a day area. Waist line is a little thicker but seeing more size everywhere. Not much longer until I start trying to actually cut down a bit. Feeling like the consistency of eating and training is starting to pay off to a point that I have room to lean out before getting too worried about losing all of my size.

Sage graduated from High School yesterday, so yes, I am a proud Papa! Boy am I exhausted from being out late as well. By the time we had a proper dinner and got home and ready for bed it was 1:30AM. So I am toasty. Might go take a nap in the car for my lunch hour because I just don't have much in me to do any sort of workout right now. I am off of work until next Wednesday so looking forward to that time and getting some much needed rest.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keep killing it bro……looks like everything is starting to come back. And congratulations to Sage and his proud Papa. 👍

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am glad thing are moving in the right direction for you! Life is Good !

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the grad!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a huge milestone, for both of you really! Congratulations, and I hope you get to enjoy the days off.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice work mate!

congratulations for Sage’s graduation! That’s a massive milestone to hit!