MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man sorry your going through it brother, I feel for you. Shoulder pain can be so debilitating. Hopefully your Ortho will be able to give you some relief.🙏
Oh I am sure he will. Might be a bit worse before it gets better but hopefully there will be some decent drugs to assist with that.
Hope it all gets sorted out soon. Leg press like a MF’r in the meantime.
Oh I will. I am still going to train upper body stuff too, just take it a bit easier on the left side until I get squared away. No reason to keep pushing hard and causing more discomfort when I can play it smart and just keep it moving and get blood in there.

Just finished up 45 minutes walking on the treadmill. Calves are like WHOAH!!! Ready for some food and rest. Going to figure out how I want to set up my training and lower body focus, most likely 2 lower sessions a week as well as plan for 2-3 sessions of cardio a week. Adding upper as maintenance and pump plus whatever they have me doing for PT. Also going to talk with the doc about looking at my right shoulder and getting me some PT for that so we can get it either fixed up or operated on if it doesn't get better ASAP. I would like to get both repaired this year if at all possible.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good call mate - cans expend lots of energy with legs and hips, good way to get lean!
Thanks!

I ended up taking Friday off from work and training. After 3 days in a row of being up all night in pain I just didn't have it in me mentally to be of much use to anyone at work. I stayed home took some 7 year old vicodin I found in a drawer and slept most of the day drugged up. I figured out a way to sleep that does not cause me more pain. I just have to hug a pillow with my left arm while on my side and it supports it. Any other position and gravity seems to have it's way with my shoulder. Either way it gave me the energy and relief to be able to get into the gym Saturday.

Bike - 10 minutes

Leg Press 6p x 15, 8p x12, 10p x12, 12p x12, 14p x 12, 12, 12, 10

Leg Adductors - 110, 140, 170, 190, 210 reps 20-8

Leg Abductors 110, 140, 170, 190, 190 reps 20-8

Leg Extension 110, 140, 155, 170, 170 reps 15-8

Leg Curls - 90, 110, 130, 130, 110 reps 15-8

Legs were large and full of blood by the end of this.

Also feeling a bit better after taking a little time from push movements. Going to pick back up with an upper session later today and see what I can do. Will likely try some Pull Ups, and rows. Maybe push ups or my dip attachment for a push movement and just get blood in the muscle with no intentions of "hard work" on the push stuff and definitely not on the left side. I will add In some direct arm work if all is going well.

Setting up my diet did not get done this weekend. I just took the weekend off from everything but doing some legs. Enjoyed some foods I won't be messing with much over the next few weeks. Goal for now is not going over 2500 calories a day. I will dial it in more as needed but for now just counting calories should do the trick. Going to go with IF for the muscle retention aspects.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dang I hate you’re in so much pain!! Hope you get some relief soon and the doc can get you repaired quickly as well! (Sorry it’s taken me so long to drop in here and get caught up)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang I hate you’re in so much pain!! Hope you get some relief soon and the doc can get you repaired quickly as well! (Sorry it’s taken me so long to drop in here and get caught up)
Welcome, welcome welcome! Good to see you in here young lady! I know you know the struggles!

Got in 40 minutes of cardio yesterday, 10 on the stairmill, and 30 on the recumbent bike. Kept calories well below 2500.

Going to get in some leg work with a touch of upper body today. Should be good a fun day at the gym.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome, welcome welcome! Good to see you in here young lady! I know you know the struggles!

Got in 40 minutes of cardio yesterday, 10 on the stairmill, and 30 on the recumbent bike. Kept calories well below 2500.

Going to get in some leg work with a touch of upper body today. Should be good a fun day at the gym.
Most definitely! The struggle can get quite frustrating! Haha You are a beast though and never fail to inspire the rest of us!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most definitely! The struggle can get quite frustrating! Haha You are a beast though and never fail to inspire the rest of us!!
Coming from one of the hardest workers on AM that is a big compliment. We miss ya around here!

So yesterday was a lower body day, well I should say it was a Squat day!!! All squats baby!

Walk 10 minutes
3 sets of body weight Overhead Squats
3 sets of Hip Thrust with flex and hold at top

SSB Squats - 155x5, 195x5, 245x5
265x5
285x5
305x5
305x4
275x5
275x5
275x5
275x5

Iron Tech Squats
185x20
235x15

Another awesome day under the bar!!!! This is the first time I have squatted over 300lbs since I was in my boot 2 years ago. It is also 20lbs heavier than my previous high last week where I couldn't go up and had to back off after one set. Pretty happy getting 2 sets at the heavier weight even though I only got 4 on the 2nd set. Then to be able to hit the 275 for another 4 sets after was just icing on the cake. I decided I was pushing the 275 for as many sets as it took for me to hit an RPE9 on the 5th rep, working that hard was very rewarding for someone like me. Not sure how many more squat sessions I have left before the expected surgery but I am hoping they can be this productive. Seems squatting barefoot has really allowed me to be more grounded and apply force with the targeted muscles aka glutes instead of becoming an all quad movement in my right leg.

Nutrition was decent yesterday. Calories were just over 2000, could have had a little higher protein content but was a good day nonetheless.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Coming from one of the hardest workers on AM that is a big compliment. We miss ya around here!

So yesterday was a lower body day, well I should say it was a Squat day!!! All squats baby!

Walk 10 minutes
3 sets of body weight Overhead Squats
3 sets of Hip Thrust with flex and hold at top

SSB Squats - 155x5, 195x5, 245x5
265x5
285x5
305x5
305x4
275x5
275x5
275x5
275x5

Iron Tech Squats
185x20
235x15

Another awesome day under the bar!!!! This is the first time I have squatted over 300lbs since I was in my boot 2 years ago. It is also 20lbs heavier than my previous high last week where I couldn't go up and had to back off after one set. Pretty happy getting 2 sets at the heavier weight even though I only got 4 on the 2nd set. Then to be able to hit the 275 for another 4 sets after was just icing on the cake. I decided I was pushing the 275 for as many sets as it took for me to hit an RPE9 on the 5th rep, working that hard was very rewarding for someone like me. Not sure how many more squat sessions I have left before the expected surgery but I am hoping they can be this productive. Seems squatting barefoot has really allowed me to be more grounded and apply force with the targeted muscles aka glutes instead of becoming an all quad movement in my right leg.

Nutrition was decent yesterday. Calories were just over 2000, could have had a little higher protein content but was a good day nonetheless.
Good for you big dog!!!!! I don't wanna see anything 300lbs .......hmmnnn except maybe my bench when I'm in my zone.

Walking funny today???

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good for you big dog!!!!! I don't wanna see anything 300lbs .......hmmnnn except maybe my bench when I'm in my zone.

Walking funny today???
Surprisingly with all of that volume I am still feeling pretty good. We shall see a little later today or tomorrow. My DOMS are normally a good 24 hours post workout if I do get them. Has been a long time since I have had severe DOMS, just kind of lucky in that aspect. I do expect to be feeling this workout this evening or tomorrow morning though.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good job man…….squats and deadlifts have a carryover effect too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good job man…….squats and deadlifts have a carryover effect too.
Agreed, I am hoping I can manage to get back under the bar relatively quickly post surgery. I will definitely be asking when he thinks I will be able to support a load like that on my shoulders. Not sure how long Deads will be since I expect to have an anchor put in my labrum from what I read on my MRI. So Deads will probably take a while longer then being able to do SSB Squats.

I may be hitting you all up for some other ideas on leg and lower back work in the interim.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There’s always Legpress and dragging a sled hooked to your powerbelt!

Obviously GHR is a more rare piece of equipment, but band pullthrus, beltsquat on boxes, walking lunges with a weight vest are all garage-friendly setups.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the great work brother!
Thanks!
There’s always Legpress and dragging a sled hooked to your powerbelt!

Obviously GHR is a more rare piece of equipment, but band pullthrus, beltsquat on boxes, walking lunges with a weight vest are all garage-friendly setups.
Great suggestions. Will definitely add some of those into the mix. Was already planning some leg pressing for sure, lots of varied positions especially some high and wide stance to get the gluts and hams involved. Had forgotten about sled pull but that will be an excellent addition and I already have the set up for that. Been tinking of getting a weighted vest for a while this might just have me pulling the trigger on that.
Awesome squat sesh mate!
Thanks Benny!
Didn’t get a notification, that’s a stout session my man!
Thanks, it felt great!

Going to do some upper body work tonight to see what I can do comfortably, then take the dog out for a nice walk when I am done.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Upper pump session

NG Pullups 3x3 - 3rd set when I planned to start increasing reps I felt a little uncomfortable in my shoulder. So I opted to go with light pull downs and keep things lighter.

Pulldowns 5 sets x 25-15 reps

Dip Attachment 5 sets x 25-15 - chest focus also added in a lot of serratus dips at the end of each set.

Ez bar curls 4 sets 85 x 15-8

Triceps Extension 4 sets 70x 15-10

Had a great pump at the end.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can even use the weight vest when dragging the sled or doing a homemade Beltsquat. And of course chins or dips if you ever need to add load. I don’t own one, but I see their value for real. Even just for walks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can even use the weight vest when dragging the sled or doing a homemade Beltsquat. And of course chins or dips if you ever need to add load. I don’t own one, but I see their value for real. Even just for walks.
No doubt. I have been considering getting one for a while, just pulling the trigger on that purchase always seems hard to do. About 150-200 for a good one and you wonder how often you will use it or if it will end up gathering dust in the corner.

The shoulder held up to training pretty well last night. No new pain or soreness so I will call that a success. Been pretty busy at work today, no time for lunch. Planning to buy everything I need this weekend to prep meals for myself for next week so it is just easier to follow a diet plan than it is to wing it. Make an accountable meal plan and follow it so I have a method of checks and balances to ensure progress going forward.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Walked for an hour last night when I got home. I didn't want to do a pre workout and end up getting to sleep later than I wanted. It worked out perfectly letting me wind down and calm the mind a bit. I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Brought in some Hunan Chicken with Thai peppers for lunch today. No rice since there is a decent amount of fat in the dish. Will take a walk after eating it. May do another light upper body pump session at home tonight.

No major plans for this weekend. Will end up getting some meat for the grill, drinks and doing fireworks on the 4rth with the family. Saturday I plan on crushing legs at the gym with whatever I can throw at them after some leg press. I got the tiniest bit of DOMS from my squat session the other day but it didn't last more than a couple hours the night after. So want to give em another bashing. Try to push them almost to submission regularly until surgery and see if I can't cause a bit of supercompensation during the week of rest post surgery.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Upper pump session

NG Pullups 3x3 - 3rd set when I planned to start increasing reps I felt a little uncomfortable in my shoulder. So I opted to go with light pull downs and keep things lighter.

Pulldowns 5 sets x 25-15 reps

Dip Attachment 5 sets x 25-15 - chest focus also added in a lot of serratus dips at the end of each set.

Ez bar curls 4 sets 85 x 15-8

Triceps Extension 4 sets 70x 15-10

Had a great pump at the end.
Good work…. One of the things I did when I was going through my shoulder issues was whether it was Pull Ups, Chin Ups, or any Pressing I would keep my elbows in fairly tight and it helped until I was able to get somewhat back to normal. I know it changes the way the exercise hits the muscle, but it did help. You kind of play around with it to find your comfort zone. Hopefully that makes sense.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good work…. One of the things I did when I was going through my shoulder issues was whether it was Pull Ups, Chin Ups, or any Pressing I would keep my elbows in fairly tight and it helped until I was able to get somewhat back to normal. I know it changes the way the exercise hits the muscle, but it did help. You kind of play around with it to find your comfort zone. Hopefully that makes sense.
Better to modify it however you need than skip the good stuff entirely! Gotta do what you can. Great is the enemy of good, as they say.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man, sorry to hear about the tear. Hopefully you’ll hear Wednesday that your surgery is soon so you can get on with recovery.

Nice job on the squat progress!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, have definitely been doing that to get around things. Keeping elbows in close has allowed me to keep things involved that I would have definitely had to stopped otherwise. I am going to try some NG Pull Ups again too but gave the area a little cool down time first.
Better to modify it however you need than skip the good stuff entirely! Gotta do what you can. Great is the enemy of good, as they say.
Agreed! I have just been doing what I can make happen on any given day within my current limitations.
Oh man, sorry to hear about the tear. Hopefully you’ll hear Wednesday that your surgery is soon so you can get on with recovery.

Nice job on the squat progress!
Thanks! It definitely felt good.

Saturday - Lower Body

Leg Press 6p x12, 8p x 12, 10p x12, 12p x 12, 12, 10, 10, 10
- this was on the leg press that puts your feet at odd angles and is much harder to do for some reason.

Leg Adductors 130-210 x 6 sets 15-10 reps
Leg Abductors 170-230 x 6 sets 15-8 reps

Leg Extensions 170-210 5 sets 15-10 reps
Leg Curls 100-130 5 sets 15-8 reps

Really had some nice sets here where I had to dig a bit and put in work.

Sunday - Upper Pump

Dip Attachment - 120 x6 sets 25-15 reps

Lat Pulldowns 100 x 6 sets of 25-15 reps

Pinwheel Curls 35x10 x 3 sets

Dip Attachment - 120 x2 sets 25-15 reps

DB Side Raises - 10 x RPE9 x 5 sets
- just very strict slow tempo pump sets

I wanted to add some more pushing but didn't feel like setting up another exercise so I just added 2 more sets of dips at the end.

I ate more than I should have this past weekend. Really feeling the bad decisions weighing on me. Got a dang sweet tooth around way more cookies than should have been made over the weekend. Add that to fresh prime steaks on the grill and enjoying ice cold beer over a hot grill and things got a little out of hand. Just want to rest and recover today but back on the grind!

Excited to find out what is next tomorrow. Hoping surgery option is quick, and if he says no surgery he has a shot and a solid recovery plan together. Either way happy to be on the way to recovery.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did 40 minutes fasted cardio on the recumbent bike at lunch today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good news although I am a little torn by it. Doc thinks a cortisone shot and some therapy should do the trick. Said the tears I have are minor but the fact I am inflamed to the bone quite literally is causing me a lot of pain. I have severe tendonitis and some bursitis compounding my issues. So he gave me a shot and told me to take the rest of the week off / easy. Then start therapy ASAP to help restore everything. He told me he has pretty high confidence he won't need to see me for my followup. Said no reason to come in to high five him if everything is going well and if not we will talk about operation but he feels very positive about me recovering well enough not to need surgery.

The only thing I am torn over is I wanted an answer and although he gave me hope it still feels like a maybe. I told him I didn't want to do this if he felt I was likely to need surgery anyway. However he assured me that he was very optimistic about my recovery.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good news although I am a little torn by it. Doc thinks a cortisone shot and some therapy should do the trick. Said the tears I have are minor but the fact I am inflamed to the bone quite literally is causing me a lot of pain. I have severe tendonitis and some bursitis compounding my issues. So he gave me a shot and told me to take the rest of the week off / easy. Then start therapy ASAP to help restore everything. He told me he has pretty high confidence he won't need to see me for my followup. Said no reason to come in to high five him if everything is going well and if not we will talk about operation but he feels very positive about me recovering well enough not to need surgery.

The only thing I am torn over is I wanted an answer and although he gave me hope it still feels like a maybe. I told him I didn't want to do this if he felt I was likely to need surgery anyway. However he assured me that he was very optimistic about my recovery.
Man I know exactly what you mean by being torn. My surgeon tried a cortisone injection last year and we were both hopeful, but he was honest and said I’d likely need surgery. The injection did fvck all for me but I had bone issues, not tissue problems. Hoping it will help you though man. On a related note, I have to go back in for a reevaluation on mine as it’s being a twat again. I’m hoping for a cortisone injection and PT since it seems like it’s similar to yours this time around. My god, I’ve become my old man with his “mine hurts too” nonsense haha.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cortisone should help the inflammation, and at least give you a good idea if it is mainly soft tissue damage if it helps. If not you’ll at least know more than you did.
If it is mainly soft tissue, hopefully he doesn’t try to put you on too long of a protocol of Cortisone, because of the ligament damage potential.
BPC 157 is ideal for soft tissue and much safer over the long haul.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I know exactly what you mean by being torn. My surgeon tried a cortisone injection last year and we were both hopeful, but he was honest and said I’d likely need surgery. The injection did fvck all for me but I had bone issues, not tissue problems. Hoping it will help you though man. On a related note, I have to go back in for a reevaluation on mine as it’s being a twat again. I’m hoping for a cortisone injection and PT since it seems like it’s similar to yours this time around. My god, I’ve become my old man with his “mine hurts too” nonsense haha.
That is what I worry about though is doing the shot, not seeing much from it then having to start all over and go back through PT after a surgery.
I feel you on every aspect of this. Getting older is a pain, but also a privilege.
Cortisone should help the inflammation, and at least give you a good idea if it is mainly soft tissue damage if it helps. If not you’ll at least know more than you did.
If it is mainly soft tissue, hopefully he doesn’t try to put you on too long of a protocol of Cortisone, because of the ligament damage potential.
BPC 157 is ideal for soft tissue and much safer over the long haul.
Yes, I think I am going to be putting in an order for some BPC here very soon. Probably add in some MK and get a connective tissue friendly cycle going as well.
Better to not go under the knife if you don't have to. I hear way too often about additional complications and infections post surgeries than there should be, plus the rehab time.
I know this is wise advice, and if it works is absolutely the best way to go about things. I am just still a bit frustrated with my right shoulder not quite recovering all the way going this route. So not totally enamored with the idea but happy to be in a spot where I won't have to take so many steps back just to get healthy again.

On a side note, it is pretty mazing how many tears and other issues you can have and they still say no surgery needed. With the torn supraspinatus, and labrum coming off the bone I was almost sure they would have said it was surgery time. He said I was lucky both were issues were not too bad but the combination of both was causing all the pain. I am still pretty sore and tight today, he said the shot will take a few days for the inflammation to really go down so just kind of waiting on that.

Going to do some cardio or leg work during lunch here shortly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick update. I have been doing 45 minute incline walking since the appointment. Letting everything rest and heal up. Going to hit some SSB squats up tomorrow. Pretty ready to get in there and push.

Shoulder is improving but there are still a few movements or positions that are very painful. Hoping it continues to improve over the next few days from the cortisone shot. I will start PT next week as soon as I can get the appointment. I was hoping they would call me back today with one.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For some reason I quit getting notifications on this thread, I got some catching up to do, sorry to hear about you injury.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I tried hitting up a squat session Saturday and my right trap just started causing me a lot of issues and was really hurting all the way up to my neck for some reason. So I walked for an hour and called it a day.

Sunday - Temp Outside 105
Elliptical x 10 minutes
Hip Thrusts 3 sets

SSB Squats - 155x5, 175x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5 265x5, 275x5, 285x5, 245x6, 245x6

I would like to say I did more than this but that was all I could muster. Everything felt extremely heavy and of course I was soaked by the end. I was surprised how heavy even my warm up sets felt, and I needed a lot longer in between sets than normal. So even this small session was over an hour. You know it is bad when you are turning off fans because they make you hotter due to blowing hot air on you. I ended up having to put the fans at the door to blow in the air from outside to cool down at all. I really need to look into putting some separation between the shingle roof and the rest of the garage. Even if it is just some sort of plastic sheeting and a roof vent to carry the hot air out. Right now it is just the shingle and deck boards up there and it feels hotter in there than it does outside due to the shingles holding heat and radiating down from the roof. Just going to add that to the project list.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way, I forgot to mention that my shoulder is feeling much better in general. I am going to do some upper body training today to test things out a bit. I can definitely tell where the tear is because that will still light me up if I hit it at the wrong angle. However I am done taking time off until I am told not to do anything. So today will be a bit of feeling things out.

I have also decided I am done with being fluffy. Since I am not trying to hold on to weight while recovering from surgery I am going to go ahead and start an actual cut. Lean up while I can't really focus on building mass. I might very well add in a small cycle to help with my recovery as well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So glad you have gotten some relief! I still feel mine on certain movements or positions but thankfully the cortisone knocked the inflammation down to keep it from bothering me too much! Hopefully your Ortho is right and this will keep you going for a while longer!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, Kleen is gonna get diced!!! Let’s gooooo!

Also, that squat session sounds insanely brutal man. It got me thinking, there might be some benefits to moving my yoke out to the driveway to squat Thursday nights whenever it seems like the garage is hotter than outside.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still a good leg sesh there! Man this garage heat is a killer this summer for sure. Can’t even imagine down where you are. I’d die. 🤮

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when I worked out under shingles with no separation from the roof and I agree, it’s hot as crap. I considered running exhaust fans at the peaks before finally moving to my metal garage.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So glad you have gotten some relief! I still feel mine on certain movements or positions but thankfully the cortisone knocked the inflammation down to keep it from bothering me too much! Hopefully your Ortho is right and this will keep you going for a while longer!
Amen to that! I am able to move now without constantly guarding which is great.
Good to hear the cortisone shot has helped with pain and inhibition mate!
Trap fatigue/tension may indicate surrounding muscles are being overused - not uncommon after a cort injection.
Thanks, yeah it feels a lot better and movement feels more natural. I can definitely believe that some of the other muscles in the area were overworked.
Oh yeah, Kleen is gonna get diced!!! Let’s gooooo!

Also, that squat session sounds insanely brutal man. It got me thinking, there might be some benefits to moving my yoke out to the driveway to squat Thursday nights whenever it seems like the garage is hotter than outside.
Yes Sir, time to remove the training wheels and get myself back to being focused on one plan and do it well instead of juggling multiple objectives haphazardly. The outcome should be much better!

Oh definitely, if it feels hotter in the garage it probably is. If you can get the yoke out of there and not in direct sunlight I bet the entire session feels much better.
Still a good leg sesh there! Man this garage heat is a killer this summer for sure. Can’t even imagine down where you are. I’d die. 🤮
Yeah, I felt rough and it took about 2 hours for me to stop sweating even after my shower.
I remember when I worked out under shingles with no separation from the roof and I agree, it’s hot as crap. I considered running exhaust fans at the peaks before finally moving to my metal garage.
Oh absolutely. I made the mistake of buying an industrial ceiling fan last year and all it did was blow 130 degree hot air down from the roof on me making it worse. All the heat that would have risen or stayed at the peaks was just getting blown down on me. Now I leave the fan on during the day to move the heat away from the roof then turn it off when I get in there because it is too hot. I am considering putting some plastic or tyvek on the rafters to give some separation and maybe add some exhaust vents to the top so most of the heat gets pulled up and out.

I will be putting a little money toward the garage gym soon, most likely a little flooring and something to address the heat / ventilation issue.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got in a nice little feeler workout in last night for upper body.

10 minutes elliptical

Dip Attachment - 90x20, 120x20, 140x20, 160x20, 180x15, 180x11
Lat Pull Downs 50x20, 75x20, 100x15, 125x15, 150x12, 150x9

Reverse Grip Iso-lateral lever shoulder press - 25 x until hard work x 4 sets reps 20ish-9
- done with very little rest. Got a really good delt and upper pec pump from this.

Next push / pull session will be focused on horizontal pushing and pulling.

I was trying to work hard without overdoing it. Avoiding angles I know cause pain or discomfort. There is a little residual soreness in the shoulder from this. Still assessing if yesterdays lift caused any issue I should be concerned with. I don't want to cause any issues that prolong recovery trying to train too early. It is hard to tell at this point since I still have sensitive areas but the fact it is not obviously an issue is still a good thing in my eyes.

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday during lunch burning just over 500. I will be going down again today.

I am a little frustrated, finally got them to call me back and can't even get in to PT until the 21st. I already know probably 90% of what they are going to have me do. So just going to start doing some of those things now that I can move my arm enough to do some of them without extreme pain.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A Power Roof Vent Would Make A Big Difference.
I was considering this or one of the old school spinning ones that pulls the air out. My soffit boards are all vented so plenty of places to pull air in to keep things moving.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to hear the Cortisone helped. That trap soreness earlier probably was surrounding muscles responding to use. It always seems when I’m healing from an injury, I have to battle extra fatigue in surrounding muscles and just overall in general. Of course 105 degrees doesn’t help……I have a detached garage that I installed a large attic fan in, and that has helped with heat tremendously.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear the Cortisone helped. That trap soreness earlier probably was surrounding muscles responding to use. It always seems when I’m healing from an injury, I have to battle extra fatigue in surrounding muscles and just overall in general. Of course 105 degrees doesn’t help……I have a detached garage that I installed a large attic fan in, and that has helped with heat tremendously.
That would be awesome, but my garage does not have a ceiling. I am probably going to put in a roof exhaust fan, maybe even go for a solar option. I think between that and something to separate the garage from the direct heat of the decking material I should be able to cut out about 20 degrees or so which would be huge!

Lunch Cardio Session - Elliptical - 40 minutes, 458 calories burned. Sweat a good bit and was toast by the end of the session.
Current macro estimates 120p, 60f, 60c - the rest of my calories will come from celebrating my sons birthday with some chicken fajitas, and maybe a drink or 2 at dinner. Not going to track it as I know I have plenty of room before hitting 2500 calories.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got back from our health fair. Had my cholesterol checked and pretty good news.

Total lipids down 26 points to 214 and HDL up 6 to 46. It ain't perfect but showing a nice improvement. Definitely not anything I am worried over since I am just now starting the leaning process. I know it will continue to get better with real cardio and continuing to make better food choices.

Blood Glucose 62 - the lady was concerned because I told her I was not fasting since my coffee had creamer in in. She saw how low it was and asked me if I felt okay. I told her I feel great, that I fast in the mornings all the time and was likely just running off of lipids since all I had was 5-10 grams of carbs in my coffee earlier it might as well be fasting. So no worries on high blood sugar.

I am going to hit up a session when I get home tonight. Most likely I will do some leg press, or machine squats and some direct arm work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To The Treadmill Batman !!!